Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song (33123 Views)

Norwegian Molestation Victim Going To Jail In Dubai For Sex Outside Of Marriage / VIDEO: Girls Face Jail For Dancing Maroon 5 To Islamic Prayer / Woman Accused Of Attacking Islam By Preaching Bible Gets Jail Sentence In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by tunshe: 12:09am On May 16, 2013
babyosisi:

No
You ban me and delete my posts when I disgrace muslims in arguments
Allow me this once to teach some people lessons

Can you imagine? disgrace Muslim?

You were just spreading lies and confusion about what you know nothing about.

Please teach yourself a lesson by learning more about your Religion,perhaps,the light of Islam will shine on you.

1 Like

Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Nobody: 12:09am On May 16, 2013
jidegirl12:

Oops pardon my error , Indonesia is Arabic country ME

Fluent enough for my ( even Nigerian) own standard I guess smiley

It's getting hot in here*slams door*
np, Indonesia is not an Arabic country, they are just Muslims, the majority of the population(90%) and they have the biggest Muslim population in the world. +200M

1 Like

Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Nobody: 12:11am On May 16, 2013
mmmustapha: U can't mixed islam wit dancing thats d fact, u monkeys dat are saying dis n dat don't forget dat islam is totally diff frm christiany, if u guys are allow to singing n dancing in d church in islam is forbidden and u hav to respect that fools

bigger fool undecided

1 Like

Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Nobody: 12:12am On May 16, 2013
tunshe:

Don't be lazy to do research.
you are the lazy one, answer my question or say I don't know, it is not a shame to not know , and most Muslim are illiterate and don't know well their religion. Islam weren't for the masses for a long time, your lots only recite the Quran and barely understand and speak Arabic.

2 Likes

Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by tunshe: 12:12am On May 16, 2013
babyosisi:

So are the Old Testament texts not in the Bible ?
Remember we got here when you asked why there are old and new testaments
Ou have abrogated texts in the Kiran and understand that to mean a better revelation
Ow then is it difficult for you to understand old and new testaments if your aim is not deception?

I ask you again after the Koran texts above which clearly has Allah claiming to have revealed and sent the Torah and Injil ahead of the Koran as a guide to Christians
[size=18pt]
Where did the Koran state that the Bible is corrupted
Give us that text right now [/size]

If your aim is to have a debate,lets seek the moderator's permission. Pick a date preferably a weekend and time, then open a thread and we discuss.

We have derailed this thread enough. [size=8pt][/size]

I need to catch some sleep now,do have a pleasant night rest too.
Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Nobody: 12:15am On May 16, 2013
tunshe:

If your aim is to have a debate,lets seek the moderator's permission. Pick a date preferably a weekend and time, then open a thread and we discuss.

We have derailed this thread enough. [size=8pt][/size]

I need to catch some sleep now,do have a pleasant night rest too.

Just like I expected
I didn't expect you to have an answer
I wish people who engage you folks will take the time and read up on Islam and unravel the deceptions and lies you parrot and cannot substantiate
Watch out for me next time you talk nonsense
Hehehehehehehe
I expect Maclatunji to delete my posts soon so the putty is wiped off your face grin

Good place to start for anyone who wants to know more about Islam

http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/index.html

2 Likes

Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Mozehh: 12:16am On May 16, 2013
A lot of people seem to be missing the point here. The basic problem is that of mixing beliefs (on which none has conclusive proofs) with the laws guiding the administration of a state. There are no such things as ISLAMIC and CHRISTIAN countries. Only countries where the majority of people are either muslim or christian.If your country is majorly inhabited by muslims (or christians) and you choose to run it by sharia law (or whatever the christian version of that is, if any), that's fine as long as it suits the majority. *Occurences such as this one are what really drives me crazy. It shows how ignorant some people can be*. However, your law should also include banning things like the internet (on which you know youths can watch or listen to corruptive music or where people from other regions can blaspheme or corrupt your beliefs and incite violence). The freedom and open-mindedness of a group of people was what allowed them to advance as a species (referring to technologically advanced countries). It is odd, sad even, that these bigoted countries want such technological advancements without the freedom. How much sadder it must even be for you if you live your life thinking that all you do is right and all another person does is wrong and that somehow you have been given the power to condemn them or correct them. You have a brain, you have a mind. THINK!!!

3 Likes

Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Nobody: 12:17am On May 16, 2013
Mozehh: A lot of people seem to be missing the point here. The basic problem is that of mixing beliefs (on which none has conclusive proofs) with the laws guiding the administration of a state. There are no such things as ISLAMIC and CHRISTIAN countries. Only countries where the majority of people are either muslim or christian.If your country is majorly inhabited by muslims (or christians) and you choose to run it by sharia law (or whatever the christian version of that is, if any), that's fine as long as it suits the majority. *Occurences such as this one are what really drives me crazy. It shows how ignorant some people can be*. However, your law should also include banning things like the internet (on which you know youths can watch or listen to corruptive music or where people from other regions can blaspheme or corrupt your beliefs and incite violence). The freedom and open-mindedness of a group of people was what allowed them to advance as a species (referring to technologically advanced countries). It is odd, sad even, that these bigoted countries want such technological advancements without the freedom. How much sadder it must even be for you if you live your life thinking that all you do is right and all another person does is wrong and that somehow you have been given the power to condemn them or correct them. You have a brain, you have a mind. THINK!!!

Gbam.
Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by tunshe: 12:18am On May 16, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: you are the lazy one, answer my question or say I don't know, it is not a shame to not know , and most Muslim are illiterate and don't know well their religion. Islam weren't for the masses for a long time, your lots only recite the Quran and barely understand and speak Arabic.

If you are not lazy,you should have gone ahead to get your facts.

Whether I know or I don't why not mind your business,abi u send me go Arabic school?

And speaking Arabic isn't a prerequisite to become a Muslim my dear.

Its your thought that Islam isn't for the masses but you are wrong.

Continue to display your ignorance.
Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Nobody: 12:19am On May 16, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: np, Indonesia is not an Arabic country, they are just Muslims, the majority of the population(90%) and they have the biggest Muslim population in the world. +200M

Wow interesting, All Moslems ?? God is great , I'm not really keen to learn about those countries, I've always thought Indonesia is same as china, Korea and likes. Good to know,thanks.
Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by tintingz(m): 12:19am On May 16, 2013
babyosisi: @ tunshe,these are Allah's words on the Bible

Here Allah says he sent the Koran to confirm the books that came before it
The corrupted books?

Allah continues

So at what point after these statements were the Torah and Injil corrupted and by whom?
Allah said... (As for) those who take a small price for the covenant of Allah and their own oaths-- surely they shall have no portion in the hereafter, and Allah will not speak to them, nor will He look upon them on the day of resurrection nor will He purify them, and they shall have a painful chastisement. Most surely there is a party amongst those who distort the Book with their tongue that you may consider it to be (a part) of the Book, and they say, It is from Allah, while it is not from Allah, and they tell a lie against Allah whilst they know. It is not meet for a mortal that Allah should give him the Book and the wisdom and prophethood, then he should say to men: Be my servants rather than Allah's; but rather (he would say): Be worshipers of the Lord because of your teaching the Book and your reading (it yourselves). Qur'an 3:77-79
Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Nobody: 12:22am On May 16, 2013
Finally @ tunshe,chew on this

It is reported from Ismail ibn Ibrahim from Ayyub from Naafi from Ibn Umar who said: "Let none of you say 'I have acquired the whole of the Qur'an'. How does he know what all of it is when much of the Qur'an has disappeared? Rather let him say 'I have acquired what has survived.'" (as-Suyuti, Al-Itqan fii Ulum al-Qur'an, p.524).

2 Likes

Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by bigmanahmad: 12:23am On May 16, 2013
Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Nobody: 12:23am On May 16, 2013
I thank God that I'm not a Moslem.

3 Likes

Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by tunshe: 12:24am On May 16, 2013
babyosisi:

Just like I expected
I didn't expect you to have an answer
I wish people who engage you folks will take the time and read up on Islam and unravel the deceptions and lies you parrot and cannot substantiate
Watch out for me next time you talk nonsense
Hehehehehehehe
I expect Maclatunji to delete my posts soon so the putty is wiped off your face grin

A website created by your likes to confuse peeps into zombies.

Accept my challenge if you have facts to share.

Just like mad man in a gutter thinks he's swimming in a pool at airport hotel,you think you are making sense with your confusion filled comments.
Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Nobody: 12:25am On May 16, 2013
jidegirl12:

Wow interesting, All Moslems ?? God is great , I'm not really keen to learn about those countries, I've always thought Indonesia is same as china, Korea and likes. Good to know,thanks.
90% is not all, lol, . And Christians are persecuted.over there.

God is great?

1 Like

Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Nobody: 12:27am On May 16, 2013
tunshe:

If you are not lazy,you should have gone ahead to get your facts.

Whether I know or I don't why not mind your business,abi u send me go Arabic school?

And speaking Arabic isn't a prerequisite to become a Muslim my dear.

Its your thought that Islam isn't for the masses but you are wrong.

Continue to display your ignorance.

Lol @ this one, you are lucky we are in the no freedom section.

And I'm not arguing with you Islam was not for the masses, most of your forefathers became muslims because their leaders/chief or master became one..they weren't allowed or couldn't go to Islamic schools.. that's why majority of Muslims are plain illiterates(about Islam) e.g there's is no version of the Quran in wollof , yet millions of Senegalese are Muslims do you think they understand something , millions of x ethnicities don't have the Quran translated in a language they understand, they just recite and follow follow..that's why it is easy to make them kill over anything, Mohamed said you don't take stuffs with your right hand offenders must b stoned etc

1 Like

Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by tunshe: 12:28am On May 16, 2013
Uncanny Genius: I thank God that I'm not a Moslem.

Interpretation: I thank God that I'm not a Moslem = thank God I'm astray.

I pray that Allah guide you to the right path. Amin

2 Likes

Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Nobody: 12:33am On May 16, 2013
kumbalo: To avoid being banned, please ensure
that your post is not offensive to any religion.

I love islam o! It"s a religion of peace o. Syria, Islamabad, libya, somalia, sudan are all enjoying peace. #IDareNotSayOtherwise.

Dude! grin

1 Like

Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Nobody: 12:36am On May 16, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: 90% is not all, lol, . And Christians are persecuted.over there.

God is great?

Duh 90% , the 10% residents would be walking on eggshells esp with the strict law.

Y e a h.... about ' Allahu Akbar' statement leave it there smiley bye bye
Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Nobody: 12:39am On May 16, 2013
I have engaged a lot of Muslims from different part of the world, there's no way someone should b Muslim if he doesn't speak Arabic, to understand a religion/message you have to understand the language used to give the message..what we have in Africa are stark illiterates, cows, who follow their Arab masters. Ever wonder why Muslim get angry when you say something about the Quran? Lol, you guessed right, most of them don't know what is written in the Quran.their anger becomes a reflex, because their Arab masters are angry they become angry.

1 Like

Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Nobody: 12:40am On May 16, 2013
jidegirl12:

Duh 90% , the 10% residents would be walking on eggshells esp with the strict law.

Y e a h.... about ' Allahu Akbar' statement leave it there smiley bye bye

Eh eh are u muslim? Tho I don't think you are one
Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by AroOkigbo(m): 12:40am On May 16, 2013
nedra: Islam....neva in the news for positive things. Bringer of death and top wickedness
If na me make dis comment, dem for don hide am...come ban me join.

1 Like

Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by coolheed: 12:51am On May 16, 2013
I am disappointed with the fact that the OP inadvertently or deliberately twisted the news just to cause confusion amongst the audience of this post. I did a little research and found out that this sentence has been quoted differently by the OP and therefore has affected the interpretation of the incidence.

In the research piece, I found out this sentence:
Blasphemous acts against any of the five officially recognized religions in Indonesia carry a maximum jail time of five years. Minors usually face half the adult sentence and are placed in juvenile detention, Al Arabiya reports.
You can read more on:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/indonesian-teens-face-blasphemy-charges-dance-moves-article-1.1328397

The OP's version is this:
Blasphemy in Indonesia carries a maximum sentence of five years, though minors usually face half the adult sentence and are locked up in juvenile detention facilities.

My opinion
It is important for us to indicate the source of our information so that we can balance our thoughts on a particular topic and this does not have to be limited to religious posts.

Secondly, a law is a law and must be respected and obeyed. Not all laws may be reasonable to the entire world. For instance, the guy involved in the Colorado shooting in US is currently pleading insanity and may be allowed to go scot free after causing grief and sadness in a lot of families. But that is the law. Whereas, a Nigeria judge just ordered 8 murderers to be hanged to death for killing of one soul. That is the Nigerian law also.

Let us respect people, their laws and their religion because that is they way they have chosen for themselves. Whether you agree or not is not relevant. There is a Yoruba proverb that says that "You call a man's calabash the name he has given to it".

1 Like

Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Nobody: 12:52am On May 16, 2013
tintingz: Allah said... (As for) those who take a small price for the covenant of Allah and their own oaths-- surely they shall have no portion in the hereafter, and Allah will not speak to them, nor will He look upon them on the day of resurrection nor will He purify them, and they shall have a painful chastisement. Most surely there is a party amongst those who distort the Book with their tongue that you may consider it to be (a part) of the Book, and they say, It is from Allah, while it is not from Allah, and they tell a lie against Allah whilst they know. It is not meet for a mortal that Allah should give him the Book and the wisdom and prophethood, then he should say to men: Be my servants rather than Allah's; but rather (he would say): Be worshipers of the Lord because of your teaching the Book and your reading (it yourselves). Qur'an 3:77-79

Thank you!

Now watch

. Qur'an 3:77 "As for those who sell for a small price the covenant and faith they owe to Allah and their own plighted word for a small price, they shall have no portion in the Hereafter. Nor will Allah speak to them or look at them on the Day of Judgment, nor will He cleanse them: They shall have a grievous torment, a painful doom."
"There is among them a section who distort the Book with their tongues. (As they read) you would think it is from the Book, but it is not from the Book; and they say, 'That is from God.' but it is not from Allah: It is they who tell a lie against Allah, and (well) they know it!"

Mohammed and his Allah are talking about a sale for a price
Clearly Mohammed inserted some biblical stories into the the koran
Mohammed was illiterate and depended on others to write these stories
The Jews deceived him and sold him tales,many false
And those false stories he inserted into the Koran

Evidence

That Muhammad was in error in many instances about Jewish history is proved all the more by the name he gives to Abraham's father in the Qur'an. His true Jewish name was Terah but in the Qur'an he is called Azar (Surah 6.74) - "evidently el-Azar, derived from the Eliezer of Genesis 15.2
" (Torrey, The Jewish Foundation of Islam, p. 68). The verse tells us that Abraham had prayed for a eon lest his slave, Eliezer, be his heir. Muhammad clearly confounded the name of Abraham's father with that of his servant! Another writer refers to an article by one S. Fraenkel in a European journal and says that "he argues convincingly that the Qur'anic form is due to a confusion on Muhammad's part of the details of the Abraham story as it came to him, so that instead of his father Terah he has given the name of Abraham's faithful servant Eliezer" (Jeffery, The Foreign Vocabulary of the Qur'an, p. 55). The anachronism does appear to be fairly obvious.

Another clear example is when the Koran talks about the golden calf, an event that occurs in the time of Moses
The Koran says
"We have tested thy people in thy absence: the Samiri has led them astray". Surah 20.85

Now how can that be except that Mohammed was deceived
The nation of Samaria according to history did not exist until hundreds of years after the death of Moses
But here Mohammed places a none existent location in the story of the golden calf because he was deceived

Several other similar stories too numerous to mention
The story of Abraham and Isaac is another classic example
The trinity having Mary in it is another falsehood in the KOran

If any Book is corrupted,it is the Koran not the Bible
Mohammed was sold fake stories,that is what that passage claims and I have given a few examples to prove it..
Mohammed never claimed the Bible was corrupted,if he did,you are yet to show us that verse ,what he talked about was that the stories sold him were sometimes fake

[size=18pt]
next![/size] cool

2 Likes

Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Jonnysteve: 12:54am On May 16, 2013
Nawa o 4 jus dis y are dis pple always tryin so hard 2 always defend dis religion
Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by bigmanahmad: 1:05am On May 16, 2013
babyosisi:

You can also learn abt Christianity by starting here
http://www.answering-christianity.com/ac.htm
Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by takeprofit: 1:07am On May 16, 2013
where can i find an english version of the quaran online?
Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Ibro4peak: 1:09am On May 16, 2013
oloriooko: Five Indonesian teenage girls have been accused of blasphemy and may face jail after making a video in which they mixed Islamic prayer with dancing to a Maroon 5 song, police said Tuesday.

The girls were expelled from their high school in Tolitoli city, on Sulawesi island, and reported to police after the video of their dance to the US band's hit "One More Night" went viral online.

It is just the latest in a string of blasphemy cases in the world's most populous Muslim-majority country, which have prompted rights groups to call for a change in a law they say is outdated and misused.

In the five-minute clip, the girls, wearing school tracksuits, switch between Islamic prayer rituals and mostly innocent dancing, with the occasional pelvic thrust and suggestive hand gesture thrown in.

Several versions of the video on YouTube have been viewed more than 500,000 times.

It sparked anger in the remote community, with dozens of members of hardline group the Islamic Defenders Front (FPI) protesting outside the local police station on Monday.

The school brought the video, which was posted online in March, to the attention of police who questioned the girls on suspicion of blasphemy.

"The school and members of the community were offended by the video and felt it insulted Islam," Tolitoli police chief Rudi Mulyanto told AFP.

"We are considering the case, and if we think it is serious, we will recommend they be officially charged in court."

He said the girls, who are not in custody, could be jailed if found guilty but did not know what length of sentence they might face.

Blasphemy in Indonesia carries a maximum sentence of five years, though minors usually face half the adult sentence and are locked up in juvenile detention facilities. The girls are in grade 12, where students are normally aged 17 or 18.

Police did not give their ages but said they were being treated as minors.

The school principal told a local news website that the school had consulted the country's top clerical body, the Indonesian Ulema Council, as well as the FPI on the matter.

see video link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6PgDs3VQhx0
alhamdulilah,islam my religion my life
Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Nobody: 1:26am On May 16, 2013
takeprofit: where can i find an english version of the quaran online?
if you are not a muslim then you must be very jobless to want to read the quran.
Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Nobody: 1:27am On May 16, 2013
babyosisi:

Thank you!

Now watch

Mohammed and his Allah are talking about a sale for a price
Clearly Mohammed inserted some biblical stories into the the koran
Mohammed was illiterate and depended on others to write these stories
The Jews deceived him and sold him tales,many false
And those false stories he inserted into the Koran

Evidence

That Muhammad was in error in many instances about Jewish history is proved all the more by the name he gives to Abraham's father in the Qur'an. His true Jewish name was Terah but in the Qur'an he is called Azar (Surah 6.74) - "evidently el-Azar, derived from the Eliezer of Genesis 15.2
" (Torrey, The Jewish Foundation of Islam, p. 68). The verse tells us that Abraham had prayed for a eon lest his slave, Eliezer, be his heir. Muhammad clearly confounded the name of Abraham's father with that of his servant! Another writer refers to an article by one S. Fraenkel in a European journal and says that "he argues convincingly that the Qur'anic form is due to a confusion on Muhammad's part of the details of the Abraham story as it came to him, so that instead of his father Terah he has given the name of Abraham's faithful servant Eliezer" (Jeffery, The Foreign Vocabulary of the Qur'an, p. 55). The anachronism does appear to be fairly obvious.

Another clear example is when the Koran talks about the golden calf, an event that occurs in the time of Moses
The Koran says

Now how can that be except that Mohammed was deceived
The nation of Samaria according to history did not exist until hundreds of years after the death of Moses
But here Mohammed places a none existent location in the story of the golden calf because he was deceived

Several other similar stories too numerous to mention
The story of Abraham and Isaac is another classic example
The trinity having Mary in it is another falsehood in the KOran

If any Book is corrupted,it is the Koran not the Bible
Mohammed was sold fake stories,that is what that passage claims and I have given a few examples to prove it..
Mohammed never claimed the Bible was corrupted,if he did,you are yet to show us that verse ,what he talked about was that the stories sold him were sometimes fake

[size=18pt]
next![/size] cool

babe I like how you murdered those two muslim fanatics o. more grease to your elbow! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song by Nobody: 1:28am On May 16, 2013
REALITY101: Haha I they laugh in Hausa.. Y'all go girls.. Osama Bin laden Ft Maroon 5

They really had fun.. And me too.. Their next remix should be "girls just wanna have fun" Cyndi Lauper

GBAM! You are comedy ooooooo grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Treating The Husband’s Addiction To Pornography / Man's Hand Gets Stuck On Quaran He Tried To Violate - Facebook User Claims (Pic) / Today's Hijri Date Is .......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.