Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Woman Accused Of Attacking Islam By Preaching Bible Gets Jail Sentence In Dubai - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Woman Accused Of Attacking Islam By Preaching Bible Gets Jail Sentence In Dubai (1154 Views)

The Value And The Power Of Words In Islam, By Imam Murtada Gusau / Report On Comparative Lecture Held In Akure (Akure For Islam) By ACADIP / Why I Left Islam - By Alaya Mukti Akhtar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Accused Of Attacking Islam By Preaching Bible Gets Jail Sentence In Dubai by MajorJ(m): 3:14am On Mar 16, 2013
A woman accused of attacking Islam by preaching the bible on the streets of Abu Dhabi has been jailed.

Abu Dhabi Criminal Court yesterday handed out the three-month sentence to the Indian woman after she was found guilty of proselytising and handing out copies of the text on the streets of the UAE capital.

Court records show that an Arab man reported the woman to police after he saw her preaching on Al Najda Street.

Abu Dhabi Criminal Court yesterday handed out the three-month sentence to the Indian woman.

The man told prosecutors he asked the woman what the book was and she replied it was a “special book” that cured disease and said that it was “so beneficial”.

Source:http://www.7daysindubai.com/Woman-accused-attacking-Islam-gets-month-sentence/story-18402672-detail/story.html

Before Court:
A woman has been accused of attacking Islam by preaching about the bible on the streets of Abu Dhabi.

Abu Dhabi Criminal Court was told yesterday that an Arab man reported the Indian woman to the police after he discovered she was telling a group of people on Al Najda Street about the importance of the bible and giving out copies of the Christian text.

The man told prosecutors he asked the woman what the book was and she replied it was a “special book” that cured disease and was “so beneficial”.

Abu Dhabi Criminal Court has heard how a woman was telling people about the 'importance of the bible' and handing out copies of the Christian text in Al Najda Street

The Arab man said he asked the woman if the book was the Quran, to which he says she replied: “It’s a Bible and is much better than the Quran.”

The Indian woman, who came to the UAE in December, also alleged her family had been blessed by the bible and that it protects people from evil spirits. The man says she then started showing him photos of her smiling relatives. However, the Indian woman denies attacking Islam and distributing bibles.

She told the court: “I never distributed bibles. I gave him a copy of the bible in Arabic only to have a look.” She also said she did not preach in the street or say anything against Islam.

She added: “I only had three copies of the bible, one in Arabic, one in Bengali and one in Urdu,” she said.

The case was adjourned.
Source:http://www.7daysindubai.com/Woman-court-attacking-Islam/story-18257902-detail/story.html

1 Like

Re: Woman Accused Of Attacking Islam By Preaching Bible Gets Jail Sentence In Dubai by OgaTheTop2: 5:19am On Mar 16, 2013
cool
Re: Woman Accused Of Attacking Islam By Preaching Bible Gets Jail Sentence In Dubai by MajorJ(m): 5:27am On Mar 16, 2013
Oga@TheTop:
cool
You know its not going to reach front page right?, due to the biased mods on this forum..

1 Like

Re: Woman Accused Of Attacking Islam By Preaching Bible Gets Jail Sentence In Dubai by Burger01(m): 5:46am On Mar 16, 2013
If you think this jail sentence is an injustice 'Click Like'..

6 Likes

Re: Woman Accused Of Attacking Islam By Preaching Bible Gets Jail Sentence In Dubai by Burger01(m): 5:47am On Mar 16, 2013
..and If you think this jail sentence is not an injustice 'Click Like'..

2 Likes

Re: Woman Accused Of Attacking Islam By Preaching Bible Gets Jail Sentence In Dubai by Burger01(m): 6:00am On Mar 16, 2013
MajorJ:
You know its not going to reach front page right?, due to the biased mods on this forum..
I won't say 'biased' mods.. Let's just say 'Nairaland Islamists'.. We sabi them.. Call a spade a spade..

2 Likes

Re: Woman Accused Of Attacking Islam By Preaching Bible Gets Jail Sentence In Dubai by MajorJ(m): 7:07am On Mar 16, 2013
Burger01:
I won't say 'biased' mods.. Let's just say 'Nairaland Islamists'.. We sabi them.. Call a spade a spade..
grin grin
Re: Woman Accused Of Attacking Islam By Preaching Bible Gets Jail Sentence In Dubai by manmustwac(m): 9:24am On Mar 16, 2013
MajorJ:
Topics offensive to Islam do not make the homepage.
Seun:
I'm not a muslim. I do not have any muslims in my immediate or extended family. I do not get upset when people say things about Islam, but we do not allow that because we all know what happens when people criticize certain religions. Innocent people get hurt. That is why I have asked the moderators of the muslim section to please not allow comments that may be deemed to be insultive to Islam. It is a practical decision that's meant to save lives. The banning is not done by me; but by our distinguished Islam section moderators.

False. I do not get any pleasure from people insulting each other on Nairaland. I want the forum to be peaceful and educative at all times.
https://www.nairaland.com/1224861/letter-mr-seun-osewa#up

1 Like

Re: Woman Accused Of Attacking Islam By Preaching Bible Gets Jail Sentence In Dubai by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:10pm On Mar 16, 2013
GOOD. she deserved it. what a foolish senseless woman.

the UAE has already allowed the construction of 4-5 churches, freedom of worship, wearing short clothes,etc. why then do these useless xtians have to abuse their freedom and rights?

preaching bible in Abu Dhabi. she must be mental.

imagine she did it in Saudi Arabia.

I hope she gets beheaded for her foolish acts. trying to convert ppl over there by spreading lies. *smh

1 Like

Re: Woman Accused Of Attacking Islam By Preaching Bible Gets Jail Sentence In Dubai by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 16, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

the UAE has already allowed the construction of 4-5 churches, freedom of worship, wearing short clothes,etc. why then do these useless xtians have to abuse their freedom and rights?

I hope she gets beheaded for her foolish acts. trying to convert ppl over there by spreading lies. *smh
so Islam is better?
Re: Woman Accused Of Attacking Islam By Preaching Bible Gets Jail Sentence In Dubai by enilove(m): 9:43am On Mar 17, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

One should not expect anything good to come from an idol worshipper,since human sacrifice is not evil in your sight,why would you not expect her head to be cut off.

You better change b4 it bcomes too late for you.

1 Like

Re: Woman Accused Of Attacking Islam By Preaching Bible Gets Jail Sentence In Dubai by alienvirus: 2:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
Toktee: Islam is associated wth all manners of bad things,lies,cheating,anger,hatred,dizcrimination against other religions,.......dont hide my post,let it flow,cos diz iz democracy freedom of speach u no.
Really? What about xtianity with cannibalism. Havent you read the verses in bible?
Re: Woman Accused Of Attacking Islam By Preaching Bible Gets Jail Sentence In Dubai by deols(f): 4:32pm On Mar 17, 2013
These bigots didnt see that the woman was lying.

She is preaching christianity with a lie. Lying that it is a special book that cures all diseases? Wth

I dont pity her at all. Why go to the streets? Was she carrying a loudspeaker like her nija type? We may never hear that part of the gist.

She is probably suffering from a psycho disorder. Abi how do u go and do something that u know would sent u to jail if not that u want the sentence? She has a s3lf hating disorder, probably suicidal.
Re: Woman Accused Of Attacking Islam By Preaching Bible Gets Jail Sentence In Dubai by tiarabubu: 5:55pm On Mar 17, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Imagine declaring yourself from Muslim to a pagan in Saudi Arabia. You wouldn't have to hope to be beheaded, you will! grin

(1) (Reply)

A Muslim Man Permisson To Marry 4 Wife's Wasnt Really Said In Such Simple Way's. / Fleeing Iraqi Christians Find Safe Haven At The Shrine Of Imam Ali (as) / My big question?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.