Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria (29068 Views)

How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career? / Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai / Career Change: From IT To Investment/Business Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by nnaiah: 11:36am On Apr 30, 2013
Welcome to the 'Business Analysis and Business Analyst in Nigeria' thread.I look forward to sharing all i know about business analysis in Nigeria with you.

What is business analysis?

Business Analysis is the set of tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and to recommend solutions to enable the organization to achieve its goals.

Business Analysis is the practice of enabling change in an organizational context, by defining needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to stakeholders.

Business analysis is a research discipline of identifying business needs and determining solutions to business problems. Solutions often include a systems development component, but may also consist of process improvement, organizational change or strategic planning and policy development. The person who carries out this task is called a business analyst or BA.

What is International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)?
International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) is the independent non-profit professional association for the growing field of business analysis.Its goal is to create greater awareness of the BA profession by defining what is business analysis and working towards recognition of the value of the business analyst role. IIBA® can helps business do business better, to gain a competitive advantage in the marketplace and enable your organization to succeed.

The goal of the IIBA® in having a well-defined body of knowledge is to set a globally recognized standard for the industry that delineates the tasks business analysts should be capable of carrying out. The IIBA® provides an internationally recognized certification, the Certified Business Analyst Professional™ (CBAP®). Candidates must take an exam that tests them on their knowledge of business analysis skills in general and the BABOK® in particular.

Business Analysis as a career

8 Likes

Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by nnaiah: 8:50am On May 03, 2013
Business Analysis Career Path
Most IT jobs have a clear, specific job description and career path. However, the business analyst career path tends to vary, as do the descriptions from job to job. David Foote, president of Foote Partners LLC, an IT career research firm in New Canaan, Connecticut, explains the business analyst career path best. He says, "There are career tracks that zigzag back and forth between IT and business. Someone might start as a business analyst, then move into a project management job, then an IT management path, then go back to an innovation path ... then to process management, then move up a rung to process leadership or process ownership, and then go back over to management as manager of an IT line of business."

Today’s Business Analyst
The 21st century business analyst’s world is multifaceted. As a mediator, moderator, connector and ambassador, the business analyst must bring the business needs together with IT resources. Successful business analysts tend to be clear communicators, smooth facilitators, precise analyzers and team players. Plus, the ideal analyst has the versatility of various business functions, such as operations, finance, engineering, technology or architecture. Jay Michael, a business analyst for Colfax, agrees that the business analyst role is fuzzy at many companies. He says, "I usually describe what a BA does by telling people I am a bridge between business systems from the end user to functional implementation of technical solutions. But when you tell somebody that they look at you like ’OK, what do you really do?’"

What Does a Business Analyst Do?
As you explore the business analyst career path, you’ll need to clear up the confusion and learn about the many hats business analysts wear. From being a good communicator and data analyzer to possessing project management and technical skills, business analysts regularly use a variety of techniques. They are the bridge that fills in the gap between each department throughout every step of development. Modern Analyst identifies several characteristics that make up the role of a business analyst as follows:

The analyst works with the business to identify opportunities for improvement in business operations and processes
The analyst is involved in the design or modification of business systems or IT systems
The analyst interacts with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to understand their problems and needs
The analyst gathers, documents, and analyzes business needs and requirements
The analyst solves business problems and, as needed, designs technical solutions
The analyst documents the functional and, sometimes, technical design of the system
The analyst interacts with system architects and developers to ensure the system is properly implemented
The analyst may help test the system and create system documentation and user manuals
Starting Your Career as a Business Analyst
Beginning business analysts need to have either a strong business background or extensive IT knowledge. With that, you can start to work as a business analyst with job responsibilities that include collecting, analyzing, communicating and documenting requirements, user-testing and so on. Entry-level jobs may include industry/domain expert, developer, and/or quality assurance. Within a few years you could choose to become a Subject Matter Expert (SME). This is the time to delve into the areas that interest you most and develop those areas that can help you progress into higher management positions.

Moving Up the Ladder
Once you have several years of experience in the industry, you will reach a pivotal turning point where you can choose the next step in your business analyst career. After three to five years, you can be positioned to move up into roles such as IT business analyst, senior/lead business analyst or product manager. The more experience you have as a business analyst, the more likely you are to be assigned larger and/or more complex projects. After eight to 10 years in various business analysis positions, you can advance to chief technology officer or work as a consultant. You can take the business analyst career path as far as you would like, progressing through management levels as far as your expertise, talents and desires take you.

How Much Do Business Analysts Make?

4 Likes

Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by nnaiah: 11:39am On May 07, 2013
How Much Do Business Analysts Make?
Depending upon which business analyst career path you choose, you’re certain to benefit from a highly rewarding and lucrative career. To give you an idea of how profitable this field can be, take a look at these job titles and average salaries for a variety of business analyst jobs:

Job Title Average Salary

Executive Sales Representative---------------------------------- $160,000

Management Consulting Business Analyst-------------------------- $109,000

SAP -------------------------------------------------------- $101,000

Solutions Architect Sales Representative------------------------- $92,000

Senior Business Systems Analyst--------------------------------- $89,000

Systems Business Analyst ----------------------------------------$87,000

Senior Business Analyst------------------------------------------ $86,000

Executive --------------------------------------------------------$83,000

Business Systems Analyst------------------------------------------- $81,000

Business Intelligence Analyst----------------------------------- $80,000

Technical Business Analyst ----------------------------------------$79,000

Business Analyst ------------------------------------------------$76,000

Senior Credit Analyst ------------------------------------------------$65,000

Associate Analyst ------------------------------------------------$55,000

Administrative Analyst------------------------------------------ $53,000

In USD as of Nov 10, 2009, according to www.Indeed.com.

1 Like

Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by akinjosh(m): 9:19pm On May 09, 2013
This thread has been the most useful thread to me on NL. Dating bk 2 months ago, i neva knew who or what a business analyst does until i was invited for a interview at a telecomms coy for a business analyst, though the interview wasn't successful, i have been determined to learn all i can learn and take up a career as a business analyst. I have a Bsc degree in biochemistry with high knowledge of SQL. Can anyone help with directions(courses, degrees, skills) to take in order to have a career as a business analyst?
Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by nnaiah: 4:42pm On May 10, 2013
@Akinjosh.

Good to know that you want to come into the Business Analysis world.

I will suggest you find out from the locally accredited business analysis education providers like JK Micahels,Osconcepts,....i cant remember other education providers right now.

They will answer all of your questions concerning formal training costs et al .I do not work with either of them.

Certification of Competency in Business AnalysisTM (CCBA®)

The Certification of Competency in Business AnalysisTM (CCBA®) designation is a professional certification for business analysis practitioners who want to be recognized for their expertise and skills by earning formal recognition. With at least 3750 hours of hands-on business analysis experience, they have developed essential BA skills.

CCBA® recipients are recognized for the investment they have already made in their business analysis careers, and include professionals working in the role of: Business analysis,Systems analysis,Requirements analysis or management,Process improvement , Consulting

Certified Business Analysis Professional CBAP

The Certified Business Analysis ProfessionalTM (CBAP®) designation is a professional certification for individuals with extensive business analysis experience. With at least 7500 hours of hands-on BA experience, CBAP® recipients are the elite, senior members of the BA community.

CBAP® recipients are experts in identifying the business needs of an organization in order to determine the best solutions.
You will want to consider the many professional benefits of earning the CBAP® certification if you have an advanced level of knowledge and experience and are working in any of the following roles:

Business analysis, Systems analysis,Requirements analysis or management,Process improvement,Consulting.
Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by akinjosh(m): 5:55pm On May 13, 2013
thanks so much @nnaiah, u av really spurred my interest.

I was able to do some research and i also contacted osconcepts but i wasnt satisfied with the response i got from them.

I need you to help me answer some questions;

1. Do i have to go through any of these education providers before i get certified, i mean caan i just read on my own and write the CCBA by IIBA?

2. Like i said in a earlier post, i am a fresh graduate with no work experience in business analysis, how can i meet the professional requirements of the IIBA before i can take the CCBA/CBAP exam e.g the works hours required and also 2 referees who are certified business analysts?
Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by nnaiah: 1:40pm On May 14, 2013
Hello Akinjosh

I encourage you to go for formal training on Business Analysis.

Self study is an option but i do not think it is the best for you.

If you werent impressed with the OSconcepts guys,why dont you check the JK Michaels guys.

You need the training to qualify for exams registration.

You also need certified business analysts to stand as referee for you.

All these, i believe you will find in a formal training environment.

You may also get a job faster by networking with your fellow trainees

Keep your dreams alive

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by nnaiah: 2:35pm On May 17, 2013
Business Analysis Certification

The IIBA offers the prestigious Certified Business Analysis Asociate/Professional (CBAP,CCBA), a designation accomplished by candidates who
successfully demonstrate their business analysis expertise. As a candidate, you’ll need to detail your business analysis work experience,
and pass the CBAP exam. One of the most critical steps on your business analyst career path, certification can boost your salary.

1 Like

Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by nnaiah: 5:07pm On May 17, 2013
I would like to share this piece from my friend Mr Hassan on business analysis in the Pharm-Med industry

In the medical and pharmaceutical products analysis, whose response to the questions of Business Analyst is in the first line of priority?
“The requirement Analysis knowledge Area describes the tasks and techniques used by business analyst to analyze stated requirements in order to define the required capabilities of a potential solution that will fulfill stakeholders needs.” (BABOK v2.0)

Finding actual stakeholders needs is the responsibility of Business Analyst. The Business Analysis tools and techniques help a business analyst to find the real needs of stakeholders. Sometimes there is a difference between the desired needs of stakeholders and the real needs of them. This recognition is in itself a key and complex decision in the business analysis process and in the medical industry, it becomes even more complicated. This is due to the fact that the requirements of medical doctors and those of the patients are not the same and sometimes even contradictory. In the medical care business, patients are the customers and a group of stakeholders. But a big difference between “patients” and “customers” is, that patients can not choose the product on their own, but they have to use the product anyway. The medical doctors are the decision makers in this case and the patients must use the products prescribed/ordered by them. The medical doctors choose and order the product (medical device or pharmaceutical) based on their knowledge and the patients have to use them. In this case, the patient does not have any technical information about the product.
If a business analyst wants to work in Requirement analysis knowledge area for a medical device, which requirements are more important? Patients’ requirement or Medical doctors’ requirements? Business Analyst has to find the actual needs of patients and medical doctors at the same time because he is working on a unique product. A medical doctor needs an effective product for patients’ treatment and a low-cost treatment for his/her office. At the same time, the patient looks for an easy-to-use, cheap and effective product without any side effects. In “Prioritize requirements” task, business analyst is going to a decision process used to determine the relative importance of requirements. Based on the above information, a business analyst must prioritize the requirements of a medical business just like other businesses. The business analyst determines the requirements of patients and medical doctors one by one, and then compare these requirements. It is possible that this comparison shows that these requirements are not the same and probably contradictory.

For example, a good medical device that is the choice of a medical doctor has a high price, or the use of a good medical device that is preferred by a medical doctor may be painful and the patient refuses to use them. On the other hand, if the patient prefers a low price medical device with a long time treatment or a more user-friendly but less effective medical device, there is a difference between requirements of patients and medical doctors.

Now the question is:

In the medical and pharmaceutical products analysis, whose response to the
questions of Business Analyst is in the first line of priority?
Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by nnaiah: 2:16pm On May 21, 2013
Power of the business analyst/project manager combo

Looking for a job and/or future job security? The Business Analyst (BA) / Project Manager (PM) combination is a great one-two punch. Yes, these jobs are very different, but they require many of the same skills. You don’t believe me? Then read on!Let’s begin by listing some of the skills that are needed by both BAs and PMs.

1. Ability to speak eloquently to business users about technical topics
2. Ability to speak eloquently to technical people about business related topics
3. Formalize user needs into a structured format
4. Work simultaneously with people from multiple professional disciplines
5. Ability to present your work to others
6. Ability to define, move toward, and meet project deadlines

There are also a couple of additional BA strengths that would be of value to a PM. They include:

• Ability to understand user needs
• The ability to explain user needs to techies, testers, trainers, and others

On the other side of the coin, these are also a couple of key PM skills that would be of value to BAs.

• Ability to define all aspects of a project’s scope and size
• Ability to conceptualize all aspects of project plan in regard to needed resources, needed skill sets, and overall structure

The reason that having the ability to act as both a BA and a PM is professionally advantageous is because it makes you more versatile to your company. Speaking for myself as a manager, I always looked for people who could be used in multiple ways. The reason is that it made it easier for me to efficiently schedule and deploy my group. For example, if I had a small project that didn’t require a full time BA and a full time PM, it was great to have the flexibility to use one person on the project full time, rather than two people on the project half time.

Each job role in a software project has its natural rhythms; that is to say, there are busy times and there are slow times. For a PM, classically the busiest times are prior to a project’s actually beginning, when project plans are being formulated, resources are being identified, and funding is being finalized. Then, certainly the PM is busy throughout the project, but gets extremely busy again toward the end of the project to assure all the loose ends are finalized and deadlines are met. Classically for a Business Analyst, the busiest time is when the project begins because the BA is the one collecting, defining, and documenting the users’ requirements (For the Agile purists in the group, yes, I’m assuming a waterfall type methodology. Sorry, next time I’ll use an Agile type example). The BA analyst then continues to be busy during the knowledge transfer of the collected requirements to the programmers, testers, and trainers. Because the BA and the PM busy-times are somewhat different, there is value from a resource perspective to have the same person do both.

All this said, if you can do both, namely act as a BA and PM, this flexibility makes you desirable to hire, more flexible while employed, and less likely to lose your job during a layoff because you can perform multiple functions.

From a credential perspective and assuming you like this idea, if you are a PM by profession, work toward your PMP, it’s a great credential. If you are a BA, work toward a certification in Business Analysis. These certifications will make you more marketable in your primary chosen field. If you already have one of these certifications, work toward the other.

The idea behind having both of these certifications is twofold. First, they are great to have on your resume. Second, and more important in the long run, is that they help provide you with the information and practical knowledge to succeed in the workplace.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by nnaiah: 1:38pm On May 22, 2013
Where does Business Analysis End and Project Management Begin?
Many organisations are uncertain with respect to role definition. Some see business analysis and project management as complimentary but distinctive disciplines. Other see the roles as different but do not articulate clear distinctions between them.
Some business change professionals, having taken this route themselves, see business analysis as an excellent (almost crucial) grounding , perceiving business analysis as the engine room of project management. They identify the following aspects of business analyst experience as helping to prepare the analyst for a project management role:
Knowledge of end to end business cycles
Ability to work a various levels of detail
Requirement to manage relationships without line authority
Problem solving and facilitation skills
Involvement in aspects of project management, such as elements of the business case.
Despite similar fundamental skill requirements management tend to see the project manager operating at a different level. However, expediency dictates that senior business analysts may often get to run smaller projects. This is often an extension of them managing their own workload (and perhaps that of a small team).
Many of the skills and competencies required for the two disciplines are common but the competence expectation of the roles would be different in terms of levels, emphasis and application. In project management leadership is a key core competence, aligned with steering and oiling the organisational wheels to ensure momentum and direction is maintained, with anything up to 70% of their time being spent dealing with communication and the politics of change.
Research and experience have identified the following distinguishing role characteristics:

Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by nnaiah: 8:50pm On May 31, 2013
Five Steps to Becoming a Business Analyst

Step 1: Decide if Business Analysis is Right for You
The first step is to make sure that you really want to be a business analyst. You can start by asking yourself the following questions:
Do you like constant communication with users, stakeholders, and developers?
Do you enjoy participating in, moderating, and facilitating meetings?
Would you have a problem being in nothing but meetings all day?
Can you define business problems as well as solutions?
Can you deal with continuous ambiguity?
Are you curious and patient?
Can you mediate among business units that are in disagreement?
Are you a critical thinker, or do you want to be?
Can you grasp the big picture instead of dwelling on details?
Look around at the business analysts in your organization or elsewhere. Talk to them. Get opinions from discussion groups and from the IIBA. Make sure that business analysis is where you want to be first, and that you have a feeling for it, or are willing to learn the skills that you are lacking.

Step 2: Identify the Value
This step is important to help you gain a position as a business analyst even if your previous job experience is unrelated. Think back on your career thus far and identify what value you brought to the organizations you worked for. If you were a consultant or contractor, what value did you bring to the client? List every instance along with an assumed measurement, such as dollars saved. Then, assess what you are doing now and determine how that adds to the organization’s value. Continually record the value you are providing to the organization. Be on the lookout to modify your activities so that you are adding more value. Identify business problems to solve. Ask more questions.

Step 3: Observe and Do
If you are not currently a business analyst and are working in some non-related field, or if you are totally technical, find those business analysts who are respected in your organization or in the field. Observe their actions and activities. Try to emulate what they are doing. This can have one of two effects: you will start acting like a business analyst and then start thinking like one, or you will dislike what you are doing, which is a good sign that another field of endeavor might be better.

Steps 2 and 3 will assist you in gaining a job as a business analyst because you will have more pertinent information to put on your resume (step 2) and will be more comfortable talking about the position and role during an interview (step 3).

Step 4: Join and Research
Become a member of a business analyst organization in your area and attend meetings and volunteer. Most business analyst organizations do not require that you have a job as a business analyst to become a member. Read articles and books on business analysis (such as my book Business Analysis: Best Practices for Success). Subscribe to online periodicals and blogs. Join discussion groups on LinkedIn, Google+, and other social networking platforms. You do not have to participate; you can lurk and read and get up to speed. Absorb all you can about the field and the profession. Talk to business analysts at meetings and conferences. Find out where there are large numbers of business analysts in companies. This will tell you the most likely organizations at which to seek employment. Organizations with large projects or large populations of business analysts are more like to hire novices and have more training available.
Importantly, find a mentor who can assist you in your career choices and progression. Sometimes even an online mentor will help considerably. Find someone who can offer advice and counsel and will take an interest in your career and advancement as a business analyst.

Step 5: Start the Transition
Get your resume out after adjusting for the value-adding activities you have performed. Go on interviews with the sole purpose of learning about the state of the industry and what people expect, not necessarily to get a particular job. When you are going on an interview just to find out what organizations are looking for in the way of a business analyst, you can go in more relaxed and have a better interview. You will achieve your goal by learning about the position and organization, and as a bonus you might even get an offer! Plan for this transition period to take a while as you start to learn more, adjust your resume accordingly, and are better able to respond in interview situations.
Good luck!
-Steve Blais
Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by nnaiah: 8:19pm On Jun 05, 2013
I have been trying to understand how to correct the title of this thread.The title should be 'Business Analysis as a career in Nigeria' and not what it is right now.How do I effect this change please?
Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by thecia(f): 4:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
Where are the Business Analysts ?

I have a lot of questions for the moderator:

1. The discipline of Business Analysis is not very prevalent here in Nigeria, except within the Telcos why is this so ?

2. Why do they not have many opening as regards BA's ?

3. Aside the role of a PM or Sales depending on the organisational structure, which other role can a BA migrate into ?

4. Aside the CCBA's and CBAP's , there seems not to be any other exams one can write too ?
Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by Ufeolorun(m): 1:30am On Jun 09, 2013
This is one of the most interesting aspect of business but you made it so uninteresting with your descriptions. business analysis basically assess how a business could develop a sustainable competitive advantage,simple.
The rational model and standard process goes like :Position analysis(value chain,the Ms model,SWOTs and TOWS,Resource based model:corporate knowledge and capability,corporate culture).Strategic choices/options(cost leadership,differentiator,focus differentiator )and implementation (this is where project management and change management come in)
Fascinating reading Micheal porter and other business theorist.You need bit of accountancy and finance to be effective here.

2 Likes

Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by DisGuy: 1:37pm On Jun 09, 2013
nnaiah: I have been trying to understand how to correct the title of this thread.The title should be 'Business Analysis as a career in Nigeria' and not what it is right now.How do I effect this change please?

click on you first post

click modify

change the tile [of the first post]
Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by nnaiah: 11:08am On Jun 10, 2013
@Dis guy

Thanks for your assistance.
Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by oje(m): 11:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
@nnaiah,

You are too kind! God bless you real good! I've really educated me. pls do me one favour;
Could you please paste some seasoned interview questions a BA should expect in an interview?

I have an interview coming up and i don't want ignorance to rob me of the opportunity.

Thanks.
Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by akinjosh(m): 10:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
oje: @nnaiah,

You are too kind! God bless you real good! I've really educated me. pls do me one favour;
Could you please paste some seasoned interview questions a BA should expect in an interview?

I have an interview coming up and i don't want ignorance to rob me of the opportunity.

Thanks.

How did ur interview go? Pls can u share ur qualifications with mi and I'll also want to knw if u av years of experience in the business analysis world.
the_cia: Where are the Business Analysts ?

I have a lot of questions for the moderator:

1. The discipline of Business Analysis is not very prevalent here in Nigeria, except within the Telcos why is this so ?

2. Why do they not have many opening as regards BA's ?

3. Aside the role of a PM or Sales depending on the organisational structure, which other role can a BA migrate into ?

4. Aside the CCBA's and CBAP's , there seems not to be any other exams one can write too ?

@nnaiah can u pls ansa d questions above n I wanna knw if u are a qualified business analyst
Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by nnaiah: 4:16pm On Jun 18, 2013
akinjosh:

How did ur interview go? Pls can u share ur qualifications with mi and I'll also want to knw if u av years of experience in the business analysis world.

@nnaiah can u pls ansa d questions above n I wanna knw if u are a qualified business analyst

@AkinJosh

I just read through and realized that you asked some questions as far back as June 07.Sorry for the late reply.

Question 1. The discipline of Business Analysis is not very prevalent here in Nigeria, except within the Telcos why is this so ?
Answer
I agree with you on the non-prevalence of Business Analysis discipline in Nigeria for now.
The Telcos have recognized the need for Business Analysts,they have started but i know you will agree with me that they can do better. Pls note that i am not in Telcos industry,i may not be the best person to answer your questions as regards B.A and the Telcos. Having said that,i see a lot advertised B.A vacancies.Today alone i saw two on linkedin one from BATN and another from Stratus Africa

Question 2. Why do they not have many opening as regards BA's ?

Answer
I will say most businesses in Nigeria do not know about B.A and those that do know about B.A reluctantly create a B.A dept to satisfy or comply with their their parent coy but not as an important business need/process.I do not know how you get your Job intel but i hope you understand how Job openings work in Nigeria.

Question 3. Aside the role of a PM or Sales depending on the organisational structure, which other role can a BA migrate into ?

Answer:
Well, i will say a B.A can migrate to a role that has to do with any kind of solution development,configuration and implementation. The PM,Pre-sales and sales guys too play big roles in the cycle

Question 4. Aside the CCBA's and CBAP's , there seems not to be any other exams one can write too ?

Answer: CCBA and CBAP are the only two examination i know.Do you know of any other one?

I have four years experience in SAP ERP implementations.I did a lot of business analysis tasks in the three of the fours years.I finally got a formal training in Business analysis over a year ago.

I am not an old man with many grey hair of B.A experience. B.A excites me and i am passionate about it.

I hope i have answered your questions

Thank you
Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by pyramid777(m): 4:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
Hi Nnaiah,

You really inspire me with your posts,i would like to have you among my network if you dont mind... I am currently a CBAP, PMP and SAP FI certified working with an international company based in Lagos. kindly send me a text on 07064869777 with your linkedin details if its okay by you. I believe we can learn alot from each other.

Regards,
Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by nnaiah: 12:29am On Jun 19, 2013
Hi Pyramid,Thank you for the opportunity to learn from a great guy like you.I will call you in few hours from now . Thank you sir
pyramid777: Hi Nnaiah,

You really inspire me with your posts,i would like to have you among my network if you dont mind... I am currently a CBAP, PMP and SAP FI certified working with an international company based in Lagos. kindly send me a text on 07064869777 with your linkedin details if its okay by you. I believe we can learn alot from each other.

Regards,
Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by nnaiah: 7:26am On Jul 03, 2013
Please be informed of the IIBA lagos meeting holding on the 17th July,2013 at The Villa Angelia Boutique Hotel, No 20, Oju Olobun street, V/I- Lagos.5:30pm - 8pm Hoping to see you all there !
Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by Osamabinla: 2:18pm On Jul 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by nnaiah: 7:08pm On Jul 17, 2013
Business Analyst Career Road Map
The way the economy has been performing the last decade, sadly Business Analysts have been mischaracterized quite often as “Operational Efficiency Experts” or “Process Experts”. For many start-ups  as well as established businesses, they don’t see the need for a Business Analyst unless they go into “reactionary” mode, and they are looking for improvement. Many people don’t see the need for Business Analyst when they are in a “proactive” mode.

Business analysis is one area that is gaining momentum in the professional scenario and I think this road map will surely help Business Analyst professionals to gain a momentum as well as improve the knowledge levels on their career path. Surely it’s one of the fastest growing careers today.

If you are thinking of launching a career as a business analyst or want to take your BA career to a new level, be sure to check out this new resource from IIBA.

The IIBA Business Analyst Career Road Map outlines the business analysis opportunities available to you. The Career Road Map is designed to identify the many roles within business analysis, and show your options based on your experience today. It includes the emerging roles in business architecture and business intelligence which are in high demand. You can also view the intermediate and senior roles available for a Business Analyst.

The role names are not job titles – a role name represents the various tasks, techniques and knowledge needed by an individual to be successful in the business analysis profession.  The roles could be combined into one position:  a business requirements analyst could also have deep expertise in process and therefore the business requirements analyst and process analyst roles can be considered as a career path. Most of the companies will be having the roles combined. So from a business analysis professional, he might land up doing multiple roles while having the title of a business analyst or a business process analyst.

1 Like

Re: Business Analysis As A Career In Nigeria by kolinsteroy: 3:16pm On Jul 18, 2013
nnaiah: Business Analyst Career Road Map
The way the economy has been performing the last decade, sadly Business Analysts have been mischaracterized quite often as “Operational Efficiency Experts” or “Process Experts”. For many start-ups  as well as established businesses, they don’t see the need for a Business Analyst unless they go into “reactionary” mode, and they are looking for improvement. Many people don’t see the need for Business Analyst when they are in a “proactive” mode.

Business analysis is one area that is gaining momentum in the professional scenario and I think this road map will surely help Business Analyst professionals to gain a momentum as well as improve the knowledge levels on their career path. Surely it’s one of the fastest growing careers today.

If you are thinking of launching a career as a business analyst or want to take your BA career to a new level, be sure to check out this new resource from IIBA.

The IIBA Business Analyst Career Road Map outlines the business analysis opportunities available to you. The Career Road Map is designed to identify the many roles within business analysis, and show your options based on your experience today. It includes the emerging roles in business architecture and business intelligence which are in high demand. You can also view the intermediate and senior roles available for a Business Analyst.

The role names are not job titles – a role name represents the various tasks, techniques and knowledge needed by an individual to be successful in the business analysis profession.  The roles could be combined into one position:  a business requirements analyst could also have deep expertise in process and therefore the business requirements analyst and process analyst roles can be considered as a career path. Most of the companies will be having the roles combined. So from a business analysis professional, he might land up doing multiple roles while having the title of a business analyst or a business process analyst.

Bro, can u kindly post ur number here? I want to talk to you about the business analyst career.
Thanks man. Or u could contact me on 08104005142

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Airport Guard Discovers, Returns N1.2m Belonging To The Owner (pic) / EcoBank Sacks 50 Top Managers / Man Electrocuted In Akure While Working On A Pole (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.