Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

God's Forgiveness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Forgiveness (717 Views)

Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route? / Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement / If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God's Forgiveness by smokeydrinky: 10:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
I have been pondering, is it our sin that deters us from Gods blessing or is it unrepentance from it? The psalmist wrote in Psalm 66:18 "if i regard iniquity in my heart, the lord will not hear me". My question is, is it primarily the fact of sin, or a love for sin, or a willingness to sin, or an excusing of sin that prevents God from answering our prayers??

I need your contributions please, thanks.
Re: God's Forgiveness by Godmouth(m): 1:10pm On May 01, 2013
@smokey drinky Psalm 68:18 simply refers to when one commits sin. David was able to speak in this manner because of the close relationship He had with God which gave him a revelation of whom God is: that He hates sin. Let me explain better to you: a child of God does not sin just like that or accidentally. This is because the spirit of God lives in us and He guides into all truths and alerts us to what is wrong. Therefore before sin is committed, it is usually entertained or premeditated, so when David talks about regarding it in his heart, what he is saying in effect is that one must recognize they have sinned against God, be remorseful about it and ask Him for forgiveness and change. Then that is disregarding iniquity in our hearts.
Re: God's Forgiveness by smokeydrinky: 3:46pm On May 01, 2013
^^^thanks.

so then wat excuse do we have for committing the same sin over and over again. it is said dat a tin done twice isn't a mistake but choice.... does dat den mean that we are unrepentant??
Re: God's Forgiveness by Lionpikin(m): 4:38pm On May 01, 2013
Man, there is no such thing as sin......the earlier you realise this, the better for you......live your life the way you want and move on.....bt jst bear in mind that, it is what you give to life that you get......

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me...... / Should Christians Participate In Street Protests? / 101 Babies Delivered At The Just Concluded RCCG NATIONAL CONVENTION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.