Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (426164 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 7:30am On Dec 05, 2013
G2Glory: USCIS PAYMENT & ELIS ACCOUNT CREATION: Pls take note, this might apply to you in nearest future.

Preamble:
G2Glory: The payment of USCIS immigrant fee of $165 is a MUST for those issued visa from February 2013 & this effect payment before immigrant leave for USA. To make payment through credit/debit card, it requires opening ELIS account ((https://elis.uscis.dhs.gov) or (www.uscis.gov)) before making online payment.

Issue/Challenge:
I had tried creating this ELIS account on several occassions but alway encountered repeated challenge on step 4 "Choose Security Preference", any time i clicked next button to take me to next page to enter the Personal Identity Question, it just came up with an error message (ERROR: Online access to your account has been revoked. Your account is now locked.The maximum number of unsuccessful attempts (3x) has been reached. Due to security reasons, your account has been locked.

I need someone in the house that can be of help most especially those people that did pay for their USCIS immigrant fee. or is there other way to make this payment. - Urgent answer pls.

**************************************************************************************************************
2013 Thread Recommendation:
Sorry my brother, many people had also encountered dis problem b4 it was due to IP address issue.... there 2 things involve now as solution 1st: use another email address and start from d scratch still doesn't work?
2nd: if u are using ur own system, download and install browser called" tor browser" and use it to create ur account from d beginning using diff email address.....or 3rd find someone to help u create ur account over here in US on ur behalf

**********************************************************************************************************

Useful information for those planning to pay their USCIS Fee. After we made several attempt, we settled for the 3rd option.

For those that have gotten their visa approved, i want to indulge you to start this process on time so you will have enough time to resolve any challenges. Wishing everyone in the house all the best in Jesus name as you proceed to the next level in the realization of your America dream.

Our prayers are with everyone in the house
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 8:10am On Dec 05, 2013
Malcolm28: Good day Forumites, please permit me to give a detailed account of my experience at the embassy during my interview on 3rd December. Been very busy on some other issues that why its coming a bit late.
We left the place we were staying at Anthony Village at 4:30 am to avoid the morning traffic to the Island. We actually got up at 3:00am to get the kids ready. Arrived the embassy at about 4:55am. There were like 5 other persons waiting. My Mother-In-Law drove us there so she had to look for a place to park and was directed to a parking lot that can be accessed by car only through Obalende (but open to the embassy by foot, so people can park there and have close proximity to the embassy surrounding).
While waiting, around 5:30 my wife and mother-in-law retreated to the car to feed the children again so they don't get cranky when the process begins.
We were called to move out and join the queue for screening at 6am.
After the 1st screening where they make sure you don't have phones on you, etc, We were made to all pile around the 2nd point where a lady came to address us stating the 2 broad visa categories and how the process will run. We were at this point separated into Immigrant and Non-Immigrant categories. She also talked about timing of our interview etc. We were then told to bring our interview notification letters and open our medicals at this point and fix in our passports which we all did. There were repeated warning about what must not be found on us. My wife explained to them about items for the kids but they would not bulge. They insisted that we can only take in biscuit for the kids. My wife had to go out of the time 2 times to return items to my Mother-In-Law who was waiting in her car at the parking lot.
We eventually went through the 2nd Screening were the bags and everything was thoroughly checked. We were then issued blue slips, a small form to fill in your name and address, email and telephone #, we were also given a sheet payment (Please ensure you keep every sheet given to you so as not to have issues when they are demanded).
We went through a 3rd screening again after which we were ushered into the main embassy building. We were asked to remove our belt, shoes and our bags were again screened at this point before we were allowed into the interview hall after picking a slip that gave us our number for the day (B415).
On getting into the hall, the security man asked what Visa category we were for, and told us where to sit and where we would make the payments, Immediately my family found a place to sit, I proceeded and made payments (N218,000) for 4 of us (at rate of 165/$).
Immediately I was done paying the fees, my number blinked in window 14. I was asked to come for submission of documents. That lasted for about 5 minutes, the guy would asked for one document after the other, I would produce them and give him, he would ask for duplicates I would give him, friendly black guy. After that process, I went back to sit. My daughter was all over the place, walking and playing. my wife held my Son do there wasn't any issues. Many Children were crying, tried to help one Women whose Son was crying profusely but to no avail.
For a while there wasn't any activity at the windows, (they were probably reviewing the documents we submitted).
At about 8:30, the interview process began at window 14 where an old woman was interviewed and placed on administrative processing because she couldn't provide some details to the CO even with the help of a Yoruba interviewer. I thought I was gonna be interviewed at this window since my documents were collected here. The man at Window 16 was also there and interviewed a pregnant lady who I think filled to go an unit with her husband. It took a while for the process to be over and I could remember the scare of window 16 and was wishing that my interview did not take place there. Shortly after the lady left, my number appeared at window 16 and my wife called my attention to it.
Went there with my whole family, my daughter was sleeping at this time so I had to pick here while clutching the documents too.
The process process went thus:
CO: Are to XYZ (pointing to each of us)
We: Yes
CO: Asked me to raise my hand a swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth
Me: I did
CO: Asked to take our finger prints (me and wife)
We: We did (left hand, right hand (4 fingers) and then both thumb
CO: Gave us our forms to sign (asked that one of us sign for the children on yellow marking)
We: Did that
CO: Asked when we got married
We: Both me and wife responded in unison
CO: Asked me have I been married before this marriage
Me: No
CO: Any Children apart from this 2
Co: whats your highest qualification?
Me: 2 Masters Degree
CO: I can see the MBA is the most recent. When did conclude the course
Me: Told him when I completed the program and submitted project
CO: Tell me about you project
Me: Told him about the project and the major findings
CO: He was nodding and smiling and very happy with my analysis of the project and the findings
CO: Brought out 2 sheets and tells us this is where you will be collecting your visa on Tuesday next week. Tells me to not bother coming with my family to collect the visa. Also suggested I nominate someone to pick up the Visas for me since I don't live in Lagos. Then said congratulations.
Me: Was kinda taken aback! Thanks him and leaves
As we were about to exit, I heard my name. Turned around to window 16 and the CO motioned to me
Went back.
CO: Please can I have the receipts of visa fees payment?
Me. Reached into my pocket and gave him the receipts. He collects one and gives me the other
Me: I tell him I almost forgot to update my details on the place of residence when I enter the US. I then hand him a sheet of paper containing the address. He promises to update the info for me.
The whole interview process lasted for about 3 minutes.
We then walked out of the embassy.
It can only be God! The process was swift just like I had prayed to God it would be. And the fact that it was window 16! The dreaded window 16? God works in awesome ways.
For those waiting for their interview or awaiting 2NL, God will do it.
Congrats to the forumites who were in the same venue with me that morning. We were the family of 4 I was wearing a brown trouser, with and blue stripped short and a navy blue blazer jacket, my daughter was wearing a red trouser while my wife wore a black suit. We were the ones echoing peoples numbers when they are called, Remember?
Thanks so much to everyone here who prayed with us, I understand so many people were praying for us. @Obatide and Glory2Glory, God bless you specially, you were there. Thanks everyone. We will continue to keep in touch and we will all see in the US.

Congrats... May u prosper in ur new country IJN.
Please I want to confirm if I will be asked to remove my belt b4 entering into the embassy hall. Cos u mentioned earlier dat u were asked to remove ur belts during d security check.

Please FAM! Enlighten me with this. Thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 8:36am On Dec 05, 2013
Malcolm28: Good day Forumites, please permit me to give a detailed account of my experience at the embassy during my interview on 3rd December. Been very busy on some other issues that why its coming a bit late.
We left the place we were staying at Anthony Village at 4:30 am to avoid the morning traffic to the Island. We actually got up at 3:00am to get the kids ready. Arrived the embassy at about 4:55am. There were like 5 other persons waiting. My Mother-In-Law drove us there so she had to look for a place to park and was directed to a parking lot that can be accessed by car only through Obalende (but open to the embassy by foot, so people can park there and have close proximity to the embassy surrounding).
While waiting, around 5:30 my wife and mother-in-law retreated to the car to feed the children again so they don't get cranky when the process begins.
After the 1st screening where they make sure you don't have phones on you, etc, We were made to all pile around the 2nd point where a lady came to address us stating the 2 broad visa categories and how the process will run. We were at this point separated into Immigrant and Non-Immigrant categories. She also talked about timing of our interview etc. We were then told to bring our interview notification letters and open our medicals at this point and fix in our passports which we all did. There were repeated warning about what must not be found on us. My wife explained to them about items for the kids but they would not bulge. They insisted that we can only take in biscuit for the kids. My wife had to go out of the time 2 times to return items to my Mother-In-Law who was waiting in her car at the parking lot.
We eventually went through the 2nd Screening were the bags and everything was thoroughly checked. We were then issued blue slips, a small form to fill in your name and address, email and telephone #, we were also given a sheet payment (Please ensure you keep every sheet given to you so as not to have issues when they are demanded).
We went through a 3rd screening again after which we were ushered into the main embassy building. We were asked to remove our belt, shoes and our bags were again screened at this point before we were allowed into the interview hall after picking a slip that gave us our number for the day (B415).
On getting into the hall, the security man asked what Visa category we were for, and told us where to sit and where we would make the payments, Immediately my family found a place to sit, I proceeded and made payments (N218,000) for 4 of us (at rate of 165/$).
Immediately I was done paying the fees, my number blinked in window 14. I was asked to come for submission of documents. That lasted for about 5 minutes, the guy would asked for one document after the other, I would produce them and give him, he would ask for duplicates I would give him, friendly black guy. After that process, I went back to sit. My daughter was all over the place, walking and playing. my wife held my Son do there wasn't any issues. Many Children were crying, tried to help one Women whose Son was crying profusely but to no avail.
For a while there wasn't any activity at the windows, (they were probably reviewing the documents we submitted).
At about 8:30, the interview process began at window 14 where an old woman was interviewed and placed on administrative processing because she couldn't provide some details to the CO even with the help of a Yoruba interviewer. I thought I was gonna be interviewed at this window since my documents were collected here. The man at Window 16 was also there and interviewed a pregnant lady who I think filled to go an unit with her husband. It took a while for the process to be over and I could remember the scare of window 16 and was wishing that my interview did not take place there. Shortly after the lady left, my number appeared at window 16 and my wife called my attention to it.
Went there with my whole family, my daughter was sleeping at this time so I had to pick here while clutching the documents too.
CO: Asked me to raise my hand a swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth
CO: Gave us our forms to sign (asked that one of us sign for the children on yellow marking)
CO: He was nodding and smiling and very happy with my analysis of the project and the findings
CO: Brought out 2 sheets and tells us this is where you will be collecting your visa on Tuesday next week. Tells me to not bother coming with my family to collect the visa. Also suggested I nominate someone to pick up the Visas for me since I don't live in Lagos. Then said congratulations.
As we were about to exit, I heard my name. Turned around to window 16 and the CO motioned to me
Went back.
Me. Reached into my pocket and gave him the receipts. He collects one and gives me the other
Me: I tell him I almost forgot to update my details on the place of residence when I enter the US. I then hand him a sheet of paper containing the address. He promises to update the info for me.
It can only be God! The process was swift just like I had prayed to God it would be. And the fact that it was window 16! The dreaded window 16? God works in awesome ways.
Congrats to the forumites who were in the same venue with me that morning. We were the family of 4 I was wearing a brown trouser, with and blue stripped short and a navy blue blazer jacket, my daughter was wearing a red trouser while my wife wore a black suit. We were the ones echoing peoples numbers when they are called, Remember?
Thanks so much to everyone here who prayed with us, I understand so many people were praying for us. @Obatide and Glory2Glory, God bless you specially, you were there. Thanks everyone. We will continue to keep in touch and we will all see in the US.

Congratulations to you and your family. This is indeed a detailed interview experience. It can only be God! It's the Lord's doing. We're happy for your family. God that did yours will do for each and every members of this forum waiting to be interviewed and be current. In His time HE makes everything beautiful.. Faith Works Wonders
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 8:42am On Dec 05, 2013
Boomshakar: Congratulations @ ekwynox: I'm very happy for you and I appreciate God Almighty on your behalf. Today is my own day of interview and I pray that the same God favouring others will favour me too and make me return with Testimony.

Congrats in advance. God's favour shall follow. you shall come here to testify what they Lord has done..congrats
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 8:48am On Dec 05, 2013
Obatide:

If you have reconfirmed as outlined by G2glory and sure its with them, Send mail to LagosIV@state.gov
you may say for the 'attention of Visa Chief', then describe the window where you were interviewed and tag number.
It will be attached to your package
Hope it helps?

Consular Section, Lagos (Visas)
(Visas and American Citizens Services)
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos
Telephone: (234)-1-460-3400, 460-3600 (ACS only)
Fax: (234)-1-261-2218
E-mail: LagosIV@state.gov

Abuja
Consular Section, Abuja (Visas)
(American Citizens Services)
Embassy of the United States of America
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area, Abuja.
Telephone: (234)-9-461-4000
Fax: (234)-9-461-4171
E-mail: Consularabuja@state.gov
Lagos
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 9:06am On Dec 05, 2013
bukiemma:

Please I want to confirm if I will be asked to remove my belt b4 entering into the embassy hall. Cos u mentioned earlier dat u were asked to remove ur belts during d security check.

Yes! You will pass through some security checks,you will get to one where you will be asked to remove your belt,shoe and drop ur belongings and after passing through that security box or entrance,ur items will be given back to you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagbabe: 9:11am On Dec 05, 2013
Went back.
this is a well detailed experience and I have picked 2-3 nest thing most especially about documentation and handling kids.Congratulation to u and ur family.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 9:33am On Dec 05, 2013
Went back.

Congratulations bro,go and live your yankee dreams

CHEERS
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ayodim: 9:49am On Dec 05, 2013
Went back.
my wife was carrying my boy (that boy that was crying and she had to remove his top) playing with your girl wen she told her mum that she couldnt find any fish in the water. You left before us
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bamideleniayo(m): 9:58am On Dec 05, 2013
Pls gurus in the house, during the submission of documents at the embasy, are we submitting our electronic passports too. !? Thanks. . !
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bamideleniayo(m): 10:04am On Dec 05, 2013
Pls can someone also help me with this. . .My forms got to KCC on 7th october and my case number is
76**. . . Am current already but yet to recieve my 2NL maybe because i sent a bit late. . Pls gurus, as of now by calculations,wen do u think my 2NL Would land. . .Thanks so much. .!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Kaybaba65(m): 10:06am On Dec 05, 2013
Hearty congratulations to those who already have their vsas approved,the best of favour to those going for interview soon,wisdom to prepare well for those who already have their 2nl and grace to wait patiently for those of us who are yet to be current .
Please don't put you life,dreams and work on hold or suspension because of visa lottery! Continue with your life,work hard as always,and pursue the visa with zeal and prayerfully, God bless your lot greatly.....it is always good to have a plan B & even C.
God will cause the best,only the very best to happen.
Compliments of the season to all forumites.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gnykelly(m): 10:08am On Dec 05, 2013
@Boomshakar it is well.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 10:17am On Dec 05, 2013
Kaybaba65: Hearty congratulations to those who already have their vsas approved,the best of favour to those going for interview soon,wisdom to prepare well for those who already have their 2nl and grace to wait patiently for those of us who are yet to be current .
Please don't put you life,dreams and work on hold or suspension because of visa lottery! Continue with your life,work hard as always,and pursue the visa with zeal and prayerfully, God bless your lot greatly.....it is always good to have a plan B & even C.
God will cause the best,only the very best to happen.
Compliments of the season to all forumites.
Nice Advice!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Boomshakar: 10:21am On Dec 05, 2013
Morning to you Good family, Praise God! My Visa as been approved. Details later!

5 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Kaybaba65(m): 10:35am On Dec 05, 2013
Boomshakar: Morning to you Good family, Praise God! My Visa as been approved. Details later!
Congrats Boomshakar,fresh grace for the next level IJMN .we key into the same grace.
Excellent performance all the way, truly we are the favoured generation .

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ewhoma(f): 10:47am On Dec 05, 2013
bamideleniayo: Pls can someone also help me with this. . .My forms got to KCC on 7th october and my case number is
76**. . . Am current already but yet to recieve my 2NL maybe because i sent a bit late. . Pls gurus, as of now by calculations,wen do u think my 2NL Would land. . .Thanks so much. .!
Your forms will b under processing for about 6 to 8 weeks after they get to them, depending on when u sent dem. So, just chill. An notification mail will be sent to you when u are current.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 10:47am On Dec 05, 2013
Boomshakar: Morning to you Good family, Praise God! My Visa as been approved. Details later!

Congrats
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 11:03am On Dec 05, 2013
Congratulations!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 11:14am On Dec 05, 2013
bukiemma:

Wow... Mr Earnest, so u are still in dis forum. I tot u ran away immediately after u received ur visa #kidding... But its been a while since u posted here oo.. How's life? Hope all is well
grin grin grin I'm still very much here observing the trend...Anyone heard from Mr Westcode?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by geogec: 11:27am On Dec 05, 2013
Congratulations for Our Good Lord has done it again for the family U are Blessed and we key into ur success
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by powerfuljc: 11:30am On Dec 05, 2013
Hello Forumites, I called KCC two days ago but I could not hear clearly what the receiver was saying and she said that I should call back which I did yet I could still not hear clearly what the rceiver was still saying. I still wish to call them to know the update about my forms which have been submitted and receive by KCC since July 27 and no 2NL yet and my number is current since November. Please house. I want to continue to call them which I believe there is no penalty, Pls house can I continue to call them?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 11:36am On Dec 05, 2013
ekwynox: Sorry this is coming very late but it is because of some exigencies.
My visa was approved yesterday 3rd December. My interview time was 10am.
I arrived at the embassy around 9.15am. One of the policemen on duty at the gate almost got me off my foot when I asked the way i should into the embassy. he told me i was already late but i should go and try my luck. On getting to the gate, the attendant there told me that those for 10am appointment are told to wait outside until 9.30am. This gave me a big relief. So before you ask questions, try to ask a reliable source to avoid unnecessary panic. At 9.30am, we were ushered in under tight security one after the other. The attendant collected my appointment letter and tore off the front page, gave back the remaining pages to me. She also gave me a blue card and some papers for payment. Please, try and keep those papers intact. They will ask for it later. From that point, i passed through four security gate, the last one being an automated scanner. Please avoid coming to the embassy with powder, liquids, make-ups, snacks, metal objects and phones because you won't be allowed to take them in and disposing of such may cause you some panic. I dropped my phones and other gadgets at home before coming. At the last door, i was issued a number B429. After some time, my name was called and i was asked to go and make payments before the submission of documents. After that, my documents were submitted and then waited for the interview proper.
the interview came around past eleven or some minutes before twelve.
Before the interview, i saw the CO, a beautiful black lady, scrutinizing my degree certificate, he even called another CO to help him do that, the man immediately confirmed to him that the seal is for authentication. I think that was because my certificate has some seals from the federal ministry of education, abuja, when i intended going to austria for my masters. Not quite long, my number beeped at that window and the interview went thus:
CO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
CO: Are you blah blah?
Me: yes
CO: Do you swear to say the truth
Mes: Yes, yes
CO; ok, sign this form
Me: signed
CO: i want to take your fingerprints
Me: i obliged
CO: have you traveled out of Nigeria before? (I know it was because of the seal on all my certificates from the ministry that made her ask that)
Me: No, i haven't
CO: cool, what is your highest level of education
Me: University degree in blah blah blah
CO: sorry please, started discussing with another CO, after some time, he called the short form of my first name, nonso. at that point, i suspected she is ibo. when did you finish your university education?
Me: 2011
CO: Have you done your NYSC?
CO: where?
Me: blah blah blah
CO: What was your primary assignment?
Me: Teaching
CO: what did you teach?
Me: biology and chemistry
CO: what was the age of your students?
Me: smiles, say between 15 - 18 years, the normal age of ss3 students
CO: good. what are you doing now?
CO: Are you married?
Me: No, of course, am single
CO: have you any kid?
Me: smiles, not all
CO: you have satisfied me, you visa has been approved. brought two white papers and started explaining about how to pay USCIS fee and how to pick up visa. I was happy, though i was listening to her but happiness couldn't allow me to hear her well unlike when she was interviewing me.

So, my fellow forumites help me thank God. I equally pray that the God that did it for me will do so for all of you. the VISA is all yours in the mighty name of JESUS! Amen.

Congratulations to you! i wish you God's favour in all your preparations IJN - Amen.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 11:39am On Dec 05, 2013
powerfuljc: Hello Forumites, I called KCC two days ago but I could not hear clearly what the receiver was saying and she said that I should call back which I did yet I could still not hear clearly what the rceiver was still saying. I still wish to call them to know the update about my forms which have been submitted and receive by KCC since July 27 and no 2NL yet and my number is current since November. Please house. I want to continue to call them which I believe there is no penalty, Pls house can I continue to call them?
There is no point in calling them when u can't hear them, why not send e-mail to express ur feelings? Goodluck!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 12:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
Obatide: Good day fellow members of this Great forum, May God crown all our efforts with success.
Thank God for all the success stories we have been hearing, May His name only be praised and I pray that GOD will favour the rest of us.
About the issue of Sharing cantacts, I so much like it but we should not Forget the primary purpose of locating this forum, which I think to many, is: to get information which will aid our successful interview whilst Running away from Agents.
EVERY BODY COULD REMEMBER his/her FIRST EVER POST/READING ON NAIRALAND as evidence of my claim.
In view of this, I suggest we present issues here for different opinion and suggestions (There is safety in multitude of cancel) then PM any member you wished to have personal chat with, this will make the thread grow the more and serves as Reference to future members.
However as G2glory points, We should look beyond issues of interview and discuss FLIGHT BOOKING, CARRER IN USA, ACCOMODATION, HOW TO SETTLE IN QUICKLY and so on, to make the forum more lively

on this below, im in for Good

If we can do PART 1, in 9ja now then we plan ahead of 2014 Thanksgiving day in USA and continue from there.
may I chip in this; those who have secure their VISA, pls migrate on time so as to settle down fast in other to be our secondary hosts grin grin grin
Any more suggestions?

@Obatide...very much on point my good brother.....
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bamideleniayo(m): 12:50pm On Dec 05, 2013
Congrats to u bro...i key into ur testimony. . May God perfects ours too. .IJN. . We shall all have a testimony to testify..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 1:40pm On Dec 05, 2013
coop: @ Ekwynox. thy Lord is good ...... yes it's happening big tym here. Congrats . the fasting and prayer is working .God is gr8

God plz, let us all testify too, we r reading success stories here, Let pple read our success story too. once again Congrats to all pple gotten visa approved.

Ameeeeen my brother!!! peolpe will read our success story too IJN Amen!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 2:28pm On Dec 05, 2013

Congrats

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by onyebaresi(m): 3:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
[quote author=ekwynox]Sorry this is coming very late but it is because of some exigencies.
My visa was approved yesterday 3rd December. My interview time was 10am.
I arrived at the embassy around 9.15am. One of the policemen on duty at the gate almost got me off my foot when I asked the way i should into the embassy. he told me i was already late but i should go and try my luck. On getting to the gate, the attendant there told me that those for 10am appointment are told to wait outside until 9.30am. This gave me a big relief. So before you ask questions, try to ask a reliable source to avoid unnecessary panic. At 9.30am, we were ushered in under tight security one after the other. The attendant collected my appointment letter and tore off the front page, gave back the remaining pages to me. She also gave me a blue card and some papers for payment. Please, try and keep those papers intact. They will ask for it later. From that point, i passed through four security gate, the last one being an automated scanner. Please avoid coming to the embassy with powder, liquids, make-ups, snacks, metal objects and phones because you won't be allowed to take them in and disposing of such may cause you some panic. I dropped my phones and other gadgets at home before coming. At the last door, i was issued a number B429. After some time, my name was called and i was asked to go and make payments before the submission of documents. After that, my documents were submitted and then waited for the interview proper.
the interview came around past eleven or some minutes before twelve.
Before the interview, i saw the CO, a beautiful black lady, scrutinizing my degree certificate, he even called another CO to help him do that, the man immediately confirmed to him that the seal is for authentication. I think that was because my certificate has some seals from the federal ministry of education, abuja, when i intended going to austria for my masters. Not quite long, my number beeped at that window and the interview went thus:
CO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
CO: Are you blah blah?
CO: Do you swear to say the truth
Mes: Yes, yes
CO; ok, sign this form
Me: signed
CO: i want to take your fingerprints
Me: i obliged
CO: have you traveled out of Nigeria before? (I know it was because of the seal on all my certificates from the ministry that made her ask that)
Me: No, i haven't
CO: cool, what is your highest level of education
Me: University degree in blah blah blah
CO: sorry please, started discussing with another CO, after some time, he called the short form of my first name, nonso. at that point, i suspected she is ibo. when did you finish your university education?
Me: 2011
CO: Have you done your NYSC?
CO: What was your primary assignment?
Me: Teaching
CO: what did you teach?
Me: biology and chemistry
CO: what was the age of your students?
Me: smiles, say between 15 - 18 years, the normal age of ss3 students
CO: good. what are you doing now?
CO: Are you married?
Me: No, of course, am single
CO: have you any kid?
Me: smiles, not all
CO: you have satisfied me, you visa has been approved. brought two white papers and started explaining about how to pay USCIS fee and how to pick up visa. I was happy, though i was listening to her but happiness couldn't allow me to hear her well unlike when she was interviewing me.

So, my fellow forumites help me thank God. I equally pray that the God that did it for me will do so for all of you. the VISA is all yours in the mighty name of JESUS! Amen.

[]Congrats! I am very happy for you. My family and I key into your success story.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ekwynox: 5:03pm On Dec 05, 2013
please,how can i use NL PM?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ekwynox: 5:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
For my case, i was not asked to remove belt or shoes. If you are going for interview, try to wear simple belt that doesn't have hard metallic core and i think you will be fine. It's only when they scan you and the carett continues to beep that you will give them room to start telling you to remove this or that.

bukiemma:

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 5:17pm On Dec 05, 2013

Congratulations to you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 220
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.