Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (426186 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Godsspeed: 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
ernestleon: Thanks Boss, I'm just here preparing for my trip come February.
That's pretty cool! Am chilling for my interview, see u in d states by May!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Godsspeed: 9:44pm On Jan 02, 2014
praiseG:
am still waiting for kind response
Yes! Someone over there can help u pay, cos a NL who travled late Dec 'bukemia' sed dat his brother in d uk used his card (I think master card) to pay 4 him!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 02, 2014
olutola1:
Thanks for this question. I know a little but would like others to enlighten us more.
WES stands for World Education Services. It's an International Credential
Evaluation platform (visit www.wes.org). The advantage of WES is that, the transcript provided through them is trusted, recognized and acceptable by International Universities and educational bodies.
Now to your question, I believe it's important you register an account first and early on their website. Then, download a form to be taken to your faculty/dept. in school.
Fill the form and submit to your school/Faculty/Dept*, it would authorize/instruct them to send your transcript to WES. Now, it may involve some payment to your school to expedite process of sending your transcript to WES.
Once your transcript gets to WES, it would be converted to US GPA*. The converted result, I believe can be sent to your intending School by WES on your instruction. Your transcript, I believe should be available as long as WES exist.*
I guess you might be able to view/download* your new transcript.

*NEEDS SUPPORTING EVIDENCE
Hope this helps...
And what about someone who schooled in the UK, am I supposed to take the form to my sch in the UK?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by samolaniyi: 10:46pm On Jan 02, 2014
Pipsland78:
And what about someone who schooled in the UK, am I supposed to take the form to my sch in the UK?

it's not necessary you take the form to your school,you can request for your transcript to be sent to WES and giving them the adress to be sent to.I once requested for my transcript to be sent to the address i gave them without visiting the school phisically.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 3:07am On Jan 03, 2014
praiseG: Good people. Please I need your clarification on the issue of transcript to Wes.though I've checked the site but still dnt get all.my question is that is it my school here that will send it to wes or what's my role there to play.also does this transcript sent to wes has validity period pending the time of any need for it.thank u all and pls respond

Wes is one of the leading organisations for evaluating degrees from different countries i.e ur degree or certificate from a higher institution in a country is evaluated n compared to some international standards to know where to place u in terms of educational qualification in a country different from where u received ur degree or certificate. This wes evaluation is used by most schools n some employers in US and Canada to rate the educational background or level of immigrants coming in as graduates.
For ur Wes evaluation ur school send in ur transcript to Wes after u av made an online application to wes for evaluation of ur degree. U will send a copy of ur certificate to wes and make necessary payment electronically depending on type of evaluation u require to wes. Note that wes does not send u ur evaluation report but send it to schools n institutions at ur request and additional cost. Also note that wes is a keeps ur record for u to request for anytime u need to send to schools or organisation. I advise all graduates n undergraduate inmmigrant to apply for this b4 leaving as getting transcript from nigeria universties can be hetic. Thank u

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Godsspeed: 4:31am On Jan 03, 2014
Good Morning Forumites, and a Very Happy New Year! Pls what's the link to the newly created topic by Obatide?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 7:26am On Jan 03, 2014
Godsspeed: Good Morning Forumites, and a Very Happy New Year! Pls what's the link to the newly created topic by Obatide?

justwise: @All
Please lets not derail this thread with the debate about creating another thread because we have one already that can accommodate issues regarding preparing for US and life in US as a lottery winner.
You only create a new thread if there is need for it or if there no such thread existing already.
Thank you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 10:18am On Jan 03, 2014
candytos:

Wes is one of the leading organisations for evaluating degrees from different countries i.e ur degree or certificate from a higher institution in a country is evaluated n compared to some international standards to know where to place u in terms of educational qualification in a country different from where u received ur degree or certificate. This wes evaluation is used by most schools n some employers in US and Canada to rate the educational background or level of immigrants coming in as graduates.
For ur Wes evaluation ur school send in ur transcript to Wes after u av made an online application to wes for evaluation of ur degree. U will send a copy of ur certificate to wes and make necessary payment electronically depending on type of evaluation u require to wes. Note that wes does not send u ur evaluation report but send it to schools n institutions at ur request and additional cost. Also note that wes is a keeps ur record for u to request for anytime u need to send to schools or organisation. I advise all graduates n undergraduate inmmigrant to apply for this b4 leaving as getting transcript from nigeria universties can be hetic. Thank u
Nice one. Will start that.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 10:53am On Jan 03, 2014
Good morning folks. What's happening? The thread is just dull for some days now. Are we mourning? It's the beginning of a New Year and we don't wanna start the New Year on this note, do we? My interview is this Year, I am achieving greatness this year, dunno about y'all.
Creating another thread was for our own good and maybe others to come, but since the site's terms and conditions which we all agree to abide to while signing up does not allow us or rather, we'd be breaching it, I think honestly we should move on. I believe Obatide does not have any ulterior motives behind it. It's settled and let's move on. When the need arises, it would come naturally and we wouldn't be breaching any T & C.
In the light of this, let's concentrate on what bind us together here in this thread, DV 2014. The beginning of every month, intending applicants who haven't been interviewed normally wait with fingers crossed for the Visa Bulletin. I am part of it.
What do we think the outcome of the of the February visa bulletin for the diversity (dv) immigrant category rank cut-offs which will apply in March? Any guess? @westcodes, we are waiting for you.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by penielnig(m): 1:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
kevwe_flex: Good morning folks. What's happening? The thread is just dull for some days now. Are we mourning? It's the beginning of a New Year and we don't wanna start the New Year on this note, do we? My interview is this Year, I am achieving greatness this year, dunno about y'all.
Creating another thread was for our own good and maybe others to come, but since the site's terms and conditions which we all agree to abide to while signing up does not allow us or rather, we'd be breaching it, I think honestly we should move on. I believe Obatide does not have any ulterior motives behind it. It's settled and let's move on. When the need arises, it would come naturally and we wouldn't be breaching any T & C.
In the light of this, let's concentrate on what bind us together here in this thread, DV 2014. The beginning of every month, intending applicants who haven't been interviewed normally wait with fingers crossed for the Visa Bulletin. I am part of it.
What do we think the outcome of the of the February visa bulletin for the diversity (dv) immigrant category rank cut-offs which will apply in March? Any guess? @westcodes, we are waiting for you.

Cheers!
.....am equally expectant o bros...can't jst wait for the bulletin to be out..hope some 3000 is added to it ..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rommyth(m): 2:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
Pls is any result stil coming in may2014 for d DV 2014?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 3:06pm On Jan 03, 2014
kevwe_flex: Good morning folks. What's happening? The thread is just dull for some days now. Are we mourning? It's the beginning of a New Year and we don't wanna start the New Year on this note, do we? My interview is this Year, I am achieving greatness this year, dunno about y'all.

Cheers!

Cheers bro, HNY to you and yours and all participants on this forum. I'm hoping for a big jump in the upcoming bulletin, we can only pray. I'm curious, what's the highest CN reported on the forum? Any idea?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 3:13pm On Jan 03, 2014
Incase anyone is interested, CEAC has been updated

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

To check your case, omit the zero's i.e 2014AF1000

Just a recap at those wanting to see what it shows. It will only show CNs in the system. Cases not yet current/processed will not show. Remember to choose immigrant visa category.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2014
@ westcodes Pls try and do something.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 4:27pm On Jan 03, 2014
No, that should be for DV2015.

rommyth: Pls is any result stil coming in may2014 for d DV 2014?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 7:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
I will not welcome any form of division in this thread.

Pls, lets not bring up that idea, It will not make this thread to grow instead it will be a boring forum which I don't like it at all.

Let's be responsible.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 8:09pm On Jan 03, 2014
It's quite unfortunate that the argument about creating a new thread or not has poured 'cold waters' on this lively thread, making it less active as it's used to be.
However, I will encourage each and everyone to remain focus on the primary motive of this thread so that those that are yet to be interviewed and/or with one question/issue or the other can continue to benefit from our well of resources, thereby making everyone a success.
Additionally, "Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome to America" is an all encompassing thread that I believe can accommodate all issues ranging from preparations to leave for the USA; what to do before your departure and what and what to expect when you are finally in the USA. I encourage you all to visit the thread with whatsoever questions/issues you may have after your visa issuance and they shall be addressed.
It is my prayer that our expectations will not be cut short. We all shall rejoice and celebrate in the end.
God bless you all.
@Leripa, from Bloomfield, New Jersey.

6 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Anigilaje1: 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
Happy New Year to everyone on this wonderful forum,my CN is 2014AF000098**,please can someone give me an insight when I may be likely up for interview.Thank You
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
ukemeglitter: @ westcodes Pls try and do something.

I really wish I could, I would make everyone current this month. I just paste the info I'm supplied here.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Ladumaisin: 10:03pm On Jan 03, 2014
Happy new year. My first post here. Congrats to all dat visa has been granted. God's favor for all of us awaiting interview. My husband is a winner of the 2014 dvl, we played as married but I used my maiden name i.e my father's name for d forms because dats d name on my intl passport which I did b4 getting married, wil be expiring 2 years time. Kindly advice if I need do another one cos I want my hubby name on my visa n if it wouldn't cause any issue with d interviewer
Or I wait til after our interview before changing it.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 10:05pm On Jan 03, 2014
Anigilaje1: Happy New Year to everyone on this wonderful forum,my CN is 2014AF000098**,please can someone give me an insight when I may be likely up for interview.Thank You

Be hopeful for March, no one can actually guess right when one will be current unless d visa
bulletin is displayed every month. All I wld advise u is to get important document ready.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Anigilaje1: 10:25pm On Jan 03, 2014
timimoyegun:

Be hopeful for March, no one can actually guess right when one will be current unless d visa
bulletin is displayed every month. All I wld advise u is to get important document ready.

Thank You timimoyegun,Will surely do that.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 11:17pm On Jan 03, 2014
Hi all, though it has been said several times, knowing how to drive is an advantage for u in US in that some jobs require that u drive n u av a car. Having a car and knowing how to drive helps u move around without stress as a lot of areas do not have bus transport system and to move around u make use of cabs, which can be a drain to ur finance. Note second hand cars are cheap in US for even a new immigrant to plan buying within a short while of arriving. I recall assiting my brother a DV2011 in new Jersey to purchase a good car for just $1300, when I visited him in 2012, which he paid back in less than 6months as I found out we pay an average of $6 on every cab call to go out and same to come back, not to talk about other payment for longer distance trips. My advise is that we learn to drive and try gather small money before leaving to buy a car as soon as we land to make life easy for us.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 7:57am On Jan 04, 2014
candytos: Hi all, though it has been said several times, knowing how to drive is an advantage for u in US in that some jobs require that u drive n u av a car. Having a car and knowing how to drive helps u move around without stress as a lot of areas do not have bus transport system and to move around u make use of cabs, which can be a drain to ur finance. Note second hand cars are cheap in US for even a new immigrant to plan buying within a short while of arriving. I recall assiting my brother a DV2011 in new Jersey to purchase a good car for just $1300, when I visited him in 2012, which he paid back in less than 6months as I found out we pay an average of $6 on every cab call to go out and same to come back, not to talk about other payment for longer distance trips. My advise is that we learn to drive and try gather small money before leaving to buy a car as soon as we land to make life easy for us.
Thanks for this. I think I need to go and learn hw to drive now as I hope to be current dis upcoming Bulletin wit one of d highest case no of mine 165##. Mmm God is involve.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Lakeside4christ(m): 8:28am On Jan 04, 2014
Please,to d guru in d house,my case no is 13***...when did I likely to be call for my interview! Tanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 9:09am On Jan 04, 2014
This Case Number was current since September 2013.

And your interview was supposed to be in October.

Lakeside4christ: Please,to d guru in d house,my CN no is 2014AF000032**.when did I likely to be call for my interview! Tanks.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 11:21am On Jan 04, 2014
Lakeside4christ: Please,to d guru in d house,my CN no is 2014AF000032**.when did I likely to be call for my interview! Tanks.

@Lakeside4christ: in addition to Ukemeglitter's post on your enquiry, I want to ask a few questions....have you submitted your forms to KCC? When? That will help us to know if your 2NL has been waiting for you or when you should be expecting it. But if you have not sent your forms yet, please do so for I don't think it is late. Lastly....have you gathered together all necessary documents that you would be needing for your interview? Please if you are in doubt of what to get check Obatide's post (1 or 2 pages back) you will see a list of all the required documents for your urgent action. I hope this helps?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 11:41am On Jan 04, 2014
Ladumaisin: Happy new year. My first post here. Congrats to all dat visa has been granted. God's favor for all of us awaiting interview. My husband is a winner of the 2014 dvl, we played as married but I used my maiden name i.e my father's name for d forms because dats d name on my intl passport which I did b4 getting married, wil be expiring 2 years time. Kindly advice if I need do another one cos I want my hubby name on my visa n if it wouldn't cause any issue with d interviewer

@Ladumaisin: your enquiry is not very clear....please answer these questions to enable us attempt to help out: what name did you fill in the initial application? Have you sent your completed forms to KCC? What name did you use in the forms forms sent to KCC after winning the dvl? If you filled your form as married and use your maiden name did you not supply your husband's details? Please try to provide answers to these questions and let's take it up from there. Cheers
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 11:46am On Jan 04, 2014
candytos: Hi all, though it has been said several times, knowing how to drive is an advantage for u in US in that some jobs require that u drive n u av a car. Having a car and knowing how to drive helps u move around without stress as a lot of areas do not have bus transport system and to move around u make use of cabs, which can be a drain to ur finance. Note second hand cars are cheap in US for even a new immigrant to plan buying within a short while of arriving. I recall assiting my brother a DV2011 in new Jersey to purchase a good car for just $1300, when I visited him in 2012, which he paid back in less than 6months as I found out we pay an average of $6 on every cab call to go out and same to come back, not to talk about other payment for longer distance trips. My advise is that we learn to drive and try gather small money before leaving to buy a car as soon as we land to make life easy for us.

Great info @candytos: thanks for that...have you left or still in Nigeria? Pls don't disappear o....we still need more of these Info and your wealth of experience to assist most forumites before relocating later in the year.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 11:48am On Jan 04, 2014
Ladumaisin: Happy new year. My first post here. Congrats to all dat visa has been granted. God's favor for all of us awaiting interview. My husband is a winner of the 2014 dvl, we played as married but I used my maiden name i.e my father's name for d forms because dats d name on my intl passport which I did b4 getting married, wil be expiring 2 years time. Kindly advice if I need do another one cos I want my hubby name on my visa n if it wouldn't cause any issue with d interviewer

@Ladumaisin: your enquiry is not very clear....please answer these questions to enable us attempt to help out: what name did you fill in the initial application? Have you sent your completed forms to KCC? What name did you use in the forms forms sent to KCC after winning the dvl? If you filled your form as married and use your maiden name did you not supply your husband's details? Please try to provide answers to these questions and let's take it up from there. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.