Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:13 AM

We’ll Hold Jonathan Responsible For Safety Of Amaechi, Others -NDPF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Hold Jonathan Responsible For Safety Of Amaechi, Others -NDPF (1065 Views)

Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production / We’ll Hold Buhari, APC To “3 Million Jobs A Year” Pledge – NLC, TUC / Tinubu - 'Hold Jonathan If Anything Happens To Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Hold Jonathan Responsible For Safety Of Amaechi, Others -NDPF by Bkl4real: 12:36am On May 01, 2013
We’ll Hold Jonathan Responsible for Safety of Amaechi, Others -NDPF

A group Nigerian Diaspora Professionals Forum,NDPF has called on President Good luck Jonathan to cease all manner of hostilities against Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi and other dissenting voices.

In a statement emailed to Newsdiaryonline.com, NDPF said “That the President and the ruling PDP should (cease) all hostilities against the Rivers State Governor and Chairman of Nigerian Governors’ Forum(NGF), Mr. Rotimi Amaechi and all other dissenting voices”. NDPF added that it “ will hold him (Jonathan) responsible for their safety.”

The group’s call came on the heels of the sudden grounding of Amaechi’s plane by the federal aviation authorities in Nigeria.

The Nigerian Diaspora Professionals Forum, NDPF also said it “ will extensively mobilize for progressive change in 2015. We have already set up our cells in strategic capitals around the world with sizable diaspora population. Like the anti-subsidy removal protests, this will be another tsunami and we count on the support of all progressives in Nigeria”,insisting that “Another Nigeria is possible”.

Read the full text of the groupo’s statement below:

Amaechi’s Safety- Hold President Jonathan Responsible

We are Nigeria Diaspora Proffessionals FORUM(NDPF), a coalition of Nigerian academics, professionals and practitioners in the diaspora currently resident in the United Kingdom, United States of America, Germany, France and South Africa. Our management executive committee(MESCOM) convened an emergency meeting today 29th April 2013 coordinated from our global secretariat in Johannesburg, South Africa, to consider the disturbing state of affairs in our home country Nigeria and do observe as follows:

 That we are concerned the deteriorating security situation in Nigeria amidst deplorable infrastructure and frequent and unresolved cases of murder, kidnap and terrorism.

 That we are very apprehensive about the deliberate and systematic seizure of the democratic space by the ruling People’s Democratic Party(PDP) through the arbitrary arrest and detention of members of the press and clampdown on all dissenting voices.

 That we are embarrassed by the level of poverty in the midst of plenty in Nigeria.

 That we are disappointed about the ineptitude of the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan through obvious democratic deficits and reversal of most of the gains achieved through the war against corruption waged by previous administrations.

We therefore call on President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to:

 Tackle the embarrassing security problems in Nigeria urgently so that some of us want to return home can be guaranteed basic safety.

 Concentrate on completing his mandate and desist forthwith from contemplating to contest again in 2015. It is our verdict that he is performed abysmally poorly and giving him and his party another opportunity will plunge our country into further darkness.

 Scale up the war against corruption by conclusively prosecuting those who have been indicted by one form of corruption or the other including reversing the pardon granted to the rogue governor DSP Alamieyeseigha.

 That the President and the ruling PDP should seize all hostilities against the Rivers State Governor and Chairman of Nigerian Governors’ Forum(NGF), Mr. Rotimi Amaechi and all other dissenting voices. NDPF will hold him responsible for their safety.

 That the Nigerian Diaspora Professionals Forum(NDPF) will extensively mobilize for progressive change in 2015. We have already set up our cells in strategic capitals around the world with sizable diaspora population. Like the anti-subsidy removal protests, this will be another tsunami and we count on the support of all progressives in Nigeria.

 Another Nigeria is possible.

Signed

Yahaya M. Bello (Johannesburg, South Africa) & Pauline Adenike Folarin (New York,USA)

All enquiries to gejmustgo@gmail.com

http://newsdiaryonline.com/well-hold-jonathan-responsible-for-safety-of-amaechi-others-diaspora-group/
Re: We’ll Hold Jonathan Responsible For Safety Of Amaechi, Others -NDPF by DAY12(m): 2:31am On May 01, 2013
I pledge to Nigeria my country angry
Re: We’ll Hold Jonathan Responsible For Safety Of Amaechi, Others -NDPF by Tigerhead: 3:55am On May 01, 2013
Well I can see that diaspora people no go get the vote for the next 25 years. Oh and by the way PDP no get Diasporan supporters abi.

Anyway it is Yahaya M. Bello (CPC) & Pauline Adenike Folarin (ACN) are you surprised?
Re: We’ll Hold Jonathan Responsible For Safety Of Amaechi, Others -NDPF by Nobody: 4:02am On May 01, 2013
Tigerhead: Well I can see that diaspora people no go get the vote for the next 25 years. Oh and by the way PDP no get Diasporan supporters abi.

Anyway it is Yahaya M. Bello (CPC) & Pauline Adenike Folarin (ACN) are you surprised?

Is Vice-President Sambo a CPC member too? Or is Reuben Abatti an ACN memeber also? You are more fo.o.lish than I thought. If you weren't that fo.o.lish, how in the world you came so low to think any Hausa man who is agianst Jonathan must be CPC member or a Yoruba person who is against Jonathan must be AC?

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Hold Jonathan Responsible For Safety Of Amaechi, Others -NDPF by Omen100(m): 7:32am On May 01, 2013
payless:

Is Vice-President Sambo a CPC member too? Or is Reuben Abatti an ACN memeber also? You are more fo.o.lish than I thought. If you weren't that fo.o.lish, how in the world you came so low to think any Hausa man who is agianst Jonathan must be CPC member or a Yoruba person who is against Jonathan must be AC?

Please don't mind that clown with a turned coat, he must be from clueless state called Bayelsa state because that's how they reason & talk.
Re: We’ll Hold Jonathan Responsible For Safety Of Amaechi, Others -NDPF by xtayle(m): 7:57am On May 01, 2013
Omen100: Please don't mind that clown with a turned coat, he must be from clueless state called Bayelsa state because that's how they reason & talk.

L W K M D.............
Re: We’ll Hold Jonathan Responsible For Safety Of Amaechi, Others -NDPF by Abagworo(m): 8:03am On May 01, 2013
I'm happy some Nigerians still have the ability to say the truth as it is. I was almost starting to support Jonathan because of some positive economic reforms but alas I've learnt a lot these past few weeks and I think the best way for Nigeria to move forward is to grant autonomy to the States. Rivers State and Imo State are performing better than Nigeria and some people are obviously jealous.

Why would someone want to hold on to power by force even when majority of Nigerians seem fed up?
Re: We’ll Hold Jonathan Responsible For Safety Of Amaechi, Others -NDPF by solopumpy227: 8:07am On May 01, 2013
We warned these people to stop hounding Gov. Amaechi. People will naturally come to his side considering all the vices currently going on under this FG.
Re: We’ll Hold Jonathan Responsible For Safety Of Amaechi, Others -NDPF by Nobody: 10:42am On May 01, 2013
I see, so Amechi is now a "darling"?

Hahahahahaha.

Of course, even Atiku once became "our darling" when he was fighting OBJ over 3rd term.

Yet, between Jonathan and Amechi, those that care to know, will know who is the vilian.
Re: We’ll Hold Jonathan Responsible For Safety Of Amaechi, Others -NDPF by bloggernaija: 2:04pm On May 01, 2013
noblezone: I see, so Amechi is now a "darling"?

Hahahahahaha.

Of course, even Atiku once became "our darling" when he was fighting OBJ over 3rd term.

Yet, between Jonathan and Amechi, those that care to know, will know who is the vilian.

(1) (Reply)

EXPOSED! Opposition’s Plot Against Nigeria: A Call For Vigilance / "The Nigerian Disease" - Prof. Wole Soyinka / APC To Presidency: Tell Us How 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Are Being Stolen Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.