Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Hypocrisy In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hypocrisy In The Bible (1428 Views)

Hypocrisy In The Church? / Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In Christendom. / Sex & Hypocrisy In Christianity Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hypocrisy In The Bible by somalia9: 11:45am On May 01, 2013
A more interesting reflection than merely contrasting verses is given at Gospel Contradictions from Positive Atheism. Have I taken things out of context (read here)? Meanwhile read on...

"For I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger forever." (Jeremiah 3:12)
"Ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn forever." (Jeremiah 17:4)

"If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid." (John 5:31)
"Jesus answered: Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid." (John 8:14)

"And Jesus coming, spoke to them, saying: All power is given to me in heaven and in earth." (Matthew 28:18)
"the whole world is under control of the evil one." (1 John 5:19)

And Jesus said, "For judgement I am come into this world." (John 9:39)
"I came not to judge the world" (John 12:47)

"For God so loved the world" (John 3:16)
“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.” (1 John 2:15)
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16)
"Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 6:1)

"Jacob said, 'I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.'" (Genesis 32:30)
"No man hath seen God at any time." (John 1:18)

We should fear God (Matthew 10:28)
We should love God (Matthew 22:37)
There is no fear in love (1 John 4:18)
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by somalia9: 11:46am On May 01, 2013
"But anyone who says 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell." (Jesus) Mat 5:22

"You fools!" (Jesus) Luke 11:40
"You blind fools!" (Jesus) Mat 23:17
"How foolish you are" (Jesus) Luke 24:25

"But God said to him, 'You fool!' " (Jesus) Luke 12:20

"You foolish Galatians!" (St. Paul) Galatians 3:1
"You foolish man" James 2:20

(Also - Psalms 14:1 and again at 53:1 - you have to think me a fool because I have said in my heart that there is no God - oops, both of us in hell now!)
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by somalia9: 11:46am On May 01, 2013
Jesus teaches us how to turn the cheek and forgive those who trespass against us...

"Whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father." [Matt. x, 33.]

"Whosoever shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness." [Mark iii, 29.]

"Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee ... tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as a heathen man and a publican." [Matt. xviii, 15-17.]
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by somalia9: 11:48am On May 01, 2013
Rejoicing

"Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles... If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink... He who rejoices at calamity shall not go unpunished." [Prov. 24:17; 25:21; 17:5]

"The Lord will rejoice over you to destroy you" [Deut. 28:63]

"The righteous will rejoice when he sees the vengeance, he will bathe his feet in the blood of the wicked" [Ps. 58:10]
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by somalia9: 11:49am On May 01, 2013
Mercy

"Blessed are the merciful" [Matthew 5:7]

"Leave alive nothing that breathes. Show them no mercy." [Deut. 7:2]
"The Lord hardened their hearts... that they might receive no mercy." [Joshua 11:20]
"I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the Lord: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them. A curse on him who is lax in doing the Lord's work! A curse on him who keeps his sword from bloodshed." [Jer. 13:14; 48:10]
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by somalia9: 11:50am On May 01, 2013
The bible god admits he performs evil acts. (As if the above was not proof enough!)

A Christian wrote: "God did not create evil. Evil is simply the state where God is not present."

If "God did not create evil" then what of the following?

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Exodus 32:14
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Joshua 23:15
Therefore it shall come to pass, that as all good things are come upon you, which the LORD your God promised you; so shall the LORD bring upon you all evil things.

Judges 9:23
Then God sent an evil spirit

1 Samuel 16:14
But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

2 Samuel 12:11
Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house

1 Kings 9:9
...therefore hath the LORD brought upon them all this evil.

1 Kings 14:10
Therefore, behold, I will bring evil upon the house of Jeroboam
2 Kings 6:33 ...Behold, this evil is of the LORD;

2 Kings 21:12 Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Behold, I am bringing such evil upon Jerusalem and Judah, that whosoever heareth of it, both his ears shall tingle.

2 Kings 22:16 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place

2 Chronicles 34:24 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, and upon the inhabitants thereof...

Nehemiah 13:18 Did not your fathers thus, and did not our God bring all this evil upon us, and upon this city?

Jeremiah 4:6 Set up the standard toward Zion: retire, stay not: for I will bring evil from the north, and a great destruction.

Jeremiah 6:19 Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people

Jeremiah 11:11 Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon them

Jeremiah 25:29 For, lo, I begin to bring evil

Jeremiah 35:17 Therefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring upon Judah and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem all the evil that I have pronounced against them:

Jeremiah 44:2 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Ye have seen all the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, and upon all the cities of Judah

Jeremiah 45:5 ...behold, I will bring evil upon all flesh, saith the LORD:

Jeremiah 49:37 ...I will bring evil upon them, even my fierce anger, saith the LORD; and I will send the sword after them, till I have consumed them:

Micah 1:12 .... evil came down from the LORD

Micah 2:3 Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, against this family do I devise an evil

“Exodus 22:29-30 "You shall not delay to offer from the fullness of your harvest and from the outflow of your presses. The first-born of your sons you shall give to me. You shall do likewise with your oxen and with your sheep: seven days it shall be with its dam; on the eighth day you shall give it to me.”

Ezekiel 20:25-26 Moreover I gave them statutes that were not good and ordinances by which they could not have life; and I defiled them through their very gifts in making them offer by fire all their first-born, that I might horrify them; I did it that they might know that I am the LORD.”
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by wazobiaforu(m): 8:16pm On May 01, 2013
So
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by sweettease(f): 6:56am On May 02, 2013
Fancy you comparing thngs made under law(old testament) to those made under Grace(new testament). I can choose to go over this one after the other but i don't really have time to be typing an epistle that myt not be appreciated. So to narrow it down, pick any three of the new testament contradictions from your list that you really want to know about and i will explain it to you. I don't want to pick for you cos it will seem am answering them cos that's the one i know(cos even thou i don't know everythng about the bible, i know bout the ones you are talkn about here). I don't feel obligated to explain the old testament(whether i understand it or not) cos am a christian and i don't live strictly under them(law) bt i live under Grace, mayb you shuld ask a jew.

1 Like

Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by Danyell(m): 7:17am On May 02, 2013
^^^ Funny comment and great cop-out.
Comparing law and grace like seriously (then why was the old testament added to your bible- for propagating the gospel of tithing right?). Your bible says God will never change so why does he have a different behaviour during the period that the law was in effect and the period that grace was in effect?

2 Likes

Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by sweettease(f): 9:25am On May 02, 2013
^^^Luke24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
cos the old law is connected to the new law(Grace) but not in the way so many people depict it. I didn't say its of no relevance, bt that i don't go strictly by it.
John5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
We cannot just throw the old testament away like that... About tithing, dat is another bone of contention which i didn't even mention, besides, you don't knw about my veiw wen it comes to tithing yet.

About God changing, he didn't change, he only fulfilled his promise to send us a saviour that will be wounded for our transgressions and bruised for our iniquities: and thus so many thngs we had to go thru cos of the mistake of Adam and Eve were corrected by him... So that is God being merciful unto us and not changing.
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by alfaman2: 10:55am On May 02, 2013
Somalia, are you a muslim?
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by enilove(m): 11:19am On May 02, 2013
[quote author=somalia9][b]

What you see as contradictions are not contradictions but lack of understanding from you.

Jer3:2 "I am merciful,saith the Lord & I will not keep my anger forever."
Jer 17:4 "Ye have kindled a fire in mine anger,which shall burn forever."
Jer 17:4 indicates that those Israelites concerned have gone beyond God's mercy,though God is merciful. That is why the bible says,shall we continue in sin and expect the grace ( mercy ) of God to abound?
The above Jer 17:4 & 3:2 can also be summarized as saying that God will have mercy on whom He will have mercy ,and compassion on whom He will have compassion.Rom9:15.

John 5:31" If I bear WITNESS of myself,my witness is not true".
John 8:14 " Jesus answered and said unto then,Though I bear RECORD of myself,yet my record is true:for I know whence I came, & whither I go,but ...."
There is a diff btw the word "witness" & the word "record"
WITNESS means attestation of a fact or event.
RECORD means written evidence,to register permanently.
Jesus said in the previous verse of John 5:31 ,you quoted,that " I can of mine own self do nothing:as I hear ,I judged: & my judgment is just because I seek not mine own will ,but the will of the Father which sent me. Jesus gave attestation about God.
because of time,that should be enough for you to understand.

Matt 28:18 "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."
1John 5:19 "And we know that we are of God, & the whole world lieth in wickedness."
The two bible references are not in anyway contradictory. If you are not born again by the Holy Spirit and accept Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour,you can not experience the power of God through our Lord Jesus Christ.But if you are a sinner,it is just a matter of time b4 you will understand that this world is a wicked world. The two ref are not contradictory.

John 3:19 " For judgment I am come into this world."
John 12:47 " And if any man hear my words,& believeth not, I judge him not,for I came not judge the world ,but to save the world".
You are right if you say these two verses are contradictory , but when you compare the two verses above you are wrong. If you read further what is written in the next verse.
Verse 48 "He that rejected me ,and receive not my words,hath one that judgeth him:the word that I have spoken,the same shall judge him in the last day".
You cannot separate a man from his word. Jesus was saying here that we should take his words seriously; because by these words we shall all be judged,though he does not delight in seeing people perish ( Judged because of not taken his words seriously).

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world,that He gave His only begotten Son,that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish,but have everlasting life".
This means God loves everyone in this world.
I John 2:15 "Love not the world,neither the things that are in the world.If any man love the world,the love of the father is not in him."
The real meaning of this verse is in the next verse that says"For all that is in ,the lust of the flesh,the lust of the eyes,the pride of life,is not of the Father,but is of the world."
God loves us and He does not want us to perish by warning us not to lust after the things of this world.
How does the two references amount to any variance?

Matt 5:16 "Let ur light so shine before men,that they may see your good works,and glory your Father which is in heaven"
Matt 6:1 "Take heed that ye do not your alms before men,to be seen of them:otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven"
Jesus said in that Matt 5:16 that the essence of the light,that is ,the good works like -having poor spirit,gentleness hunger for God's approval,mercy,pure thoughts,peace etc is for God to be glorified.
But Matt 6:1 " simply means that we should be careful not to do our good works in the public in order to attract attention.If we do,our Father in heaven will not reward us.
No contradiction as per this as well,it is just a matter of understanding.

Genesis 32:30 " What Jacob saw was an angel not God.When you read verse 24 it reads that "and there wrestled a man with him until the break of theday".It was this man that Jacob referred to as God. He invariably meant to say an angel of the Lord.

Matt 10: 28 "But fear not them which kill the body,but are not able to kill the soul:but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."
Matt 22:37 "Jesus said unto him,Thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,and with all thy soul,and with all thy mind."
John4:18 "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear:because fear hath torment.He that feareth is not made perfect in love".

God is our creator,it is a common sense that we fear Him above any man as Jesus said.When you are threatened or faced with a decision that can make you to commit a sin out of fear ,Jesus'suggestion is that you should not be afraid of what that man can do unto you,instead consider God's wrath.
From all the blessings and benefits God has been given unto us,we must love God with everything and our heart.
1 John 4:18 emphasises the need why we must love others. It did not say we should not fear God.It is talking about having a genuine love.
Verse 20 of the chapers says if a man say,I love God,and hateth his brother,he is a liar:for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath not seen,how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
These 3 references do not have any contradictions if you can open you mind and read with the intention to understand and not to antogonise.

I will find time to explain the others.

1 Like

Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by somalia5: 1:20pm On May 02, 2013
alfaman2: Somalia, are you a muslim?

I am a muslim
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by enilove(m): 2:35pm On May 02, 2013
somalia5:

I am a muslim

As a muslim,don't you feel you should know more about your Islam before it is too late for you?

Jesus said in Matt 5:32 "But I say unto you,That whosoever shall put away his wife,saving for the cause of fornication,causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committed adultery."

Why do you have to think deeply about this way you are heading in the name of religion?

Sura 33:37 says "....you said to him ( Zaid ) 'Keep your wife to yourself and fear Allah.'But you ( Muhammed ) did hide in your heart that which Allah was about to make manifest;you did fear the people,whereas Allah had a better right than you should fear him."
Allah was condemning Muhammed for being afraid of men in taking the right decision of not marrying the wife of his son named Zainab.Mohammed ther4 yielded to the command of Allah and married Zainab.
Common sense tells us that this is a sin.
But since it is in the quran that Allah himself gave to muhammed ,without any proof, what can the people say.
Sura 33:37 " So when Zaid had performed the necessary formality ( of divorce ) from her, we (ie Allah ) gave her unto thee in marriage,so that ( henceforth ) there be ni sin for beluevers in respect of wives of their adopted sons,when the latter have performed the required formality ( of release ) from them. The commandment of Allah must be fulfilled."

That is Allah and Islam for you.That sura says again that there is no sin for believers( muslims) who wishes to adopt the wives (not only wife) of their son.

According the Bible marrying anyone that is divorced is a adultery.

Can you explain to me , which of the many assumed contradiction can be compared with this?

What do you think of this Allah?
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by somalia5: 2:42pm On May 02, 2013
enilove:

As a muslim,don't you feel you should know more about your Islam before it is too late for you?

Jesus said in Matt 5:32 "But I say unto you,That whosoever shall put away his wife,saving for the cause of fornication,causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committed adultery."

Why do you have to think deeply about this way you are heading in the name of religion?

Sura 33:37 says "....you said to him ( Zaid ) 'Keep your wife to yourself and fear Allah.'But you ( Muhammed ) did hide in your heart that which Allah was about to make manifest;you did fear the people,whereas Allah had a better right than you should fear him."
Allah was condemning Muhammed for being afraid of men in taking the right decision of not marrying the wife of his son named Zainab.Mohammed ther4 yielded to the command of Allah and married Zainab.
Common sense tells us that this is a sin.
But since it is in the quran that Allah himself gave to muhammed ,without any proof, what can the people say.
Sura 33:37 " So when Zaid had performed the necessary formality ( of divorce ) from her, we (ie Allah ) gave her unto thee in marriage,so that ( henceforth ) there be ni sin for beluevers in respect of wives of their adopted sons,when the latter have performed the required formality ( of release ) from them. The commandment of Allah must be fulfilled."

That is Allah and Islam for you.That sura says again that there is no sin for believers( muslims) who wishes to adopt the wives (not only wife) of their son.

According the Bible marrying anyone that is divorced is a adultery.

Can you explain to me , which of the many assumed contradiction can be compared with this?

What do you think of this Allah?

your qoutes dont make sense.....i am muslim and have memorized the entire quran. how many versions of christianity are there? there is only one quran.

stop copying and pasting from muslim haters who mis translate the quran, go to an islamic website and get quotes if you wanna do that.
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by sweettease(f): 3:12pm On May 02, 2013
^^^just so you know, the bible wasn't originally written in English, but in order for it to get to as much people as possible, it was translated to other languages which led to different versions depending on the translation and from your confussion, you shouldn't be reading the King James Version cos it is obviously messing with your head cos of your very basic understanding... Try the Amplified Version next time or The Message Bible.... The English is more simplified and won't mess with your head so much since your understanding of the word is basic
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by alfaman2: 3:17pm On May 02, 2013
somalia5:

I am a muslim

I thought so because reading your posts reminds me the symptoms one get from knocking one's head on the floor many times during the day all life long. Damaged brain cells start reacting differently.
Symptoms:
- patient stops making sense
- has more need to knock head on floor more often. (like an addiction)
- shows signs of violence
- becomes intolerant of the world around him
- mostly cover themselves up from head to toe.
- exclude themselves from others
- in extreme cases, patients blow themselves up.

Your case is well known so I don't have to indulge you. We know how it's all going to end.

5 Likes

Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by shdemidemi(m): 4:35pm On May 02, 2013
@ Somalia

You wrote well, but none and I repeat none is contradictory. The Bible as we know it is not just a book you pick up to read haphazardly .
It is divided into dispensations, audience and seasons. There are 7 dispensations which you can't inject into themselves

1. Innocence----- this was the adamic period, rules that apply here would differ from-
2 conscience----cane and Abel
3 promise -------Abraham
4. Human government -----Noah
5 Law------ mosaic law which Jesus came under. He abides by this but there is a change to be made because from the promise to the law,it has been about His elected people (Jews). Any race outside the Jews were condemned by God. Thus you see God destroy other race for His chosen people.
6 grace---- this is the present dispensation, it is all about salvation and love for those who believe
7 revelation----this is after the coming of Christ which include more of the Jewish letters like Peter James John and the book of revelation

I don't blame you for not knowing this because even most Christians read the Bible shabbily, which gives rise for confusion and contradictions
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by enilove(m): 4:44pm On May 02, 2013
somalia5:

your qoutes dont make sense.....i am muslim and have memorized the entire quran. how many versions of christianity are there? there is only one quran.

stop copying and pasting from muslim haters who mis translate the quran, go to an islamic website and get quotes if you wanna do that.

You are playing with your destiny.That is the sadest thing of all.

If you have memorized the quran,one would have expected you to rightly qoute what your quran says.

You must have seen my reply to your allegations.Why cant you be honest with yourself and say whether your quran did not ask Muhamed to marry Zainab,the wife of his adopted son.

Every liar will find his portion in the lake of fire.

I was a muslim & I know what I have qouted.

I can qoute the quran from the biginning to the end, because I once had a copy.

Why could'nt you tell everyone what the quran says concerning Sura 33: 37 & sura 33: 37.

I know you will also dodge this question as well.

Did sura 4: 34 not give the muslim a permission to beat their wives?
It reads " Men are in charge of women,because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other,& because they spend of their property (for d support of a woman).So good women are the obidient,guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded .As for those from whom ye fear rebellion,admonish them and banish them untoxbeds apart,& scourge them........"

The bible tells us to love our wife and never ,in any book of the bible, did God encouraged wife beating.

Instead of explaining why the quran encourages divorce and adultery,you resorted to cheap excuse of copying and pasting.
And what did you do to the above assumed bible contradictions you quoted?

Answer the questions for others to read.
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by somalia5: 3:06am On May 03, 2013
enilove:

You are playing with your destiny.That is the sadest thing of all.

If you have memorized the quran,one would have expected you to rightly qoute what your quran says.

You must have seen my reply to your allegations.Why cant you be honest with yourself and say whether your quran did not ask Muhamed to marry Zainab,the wife of his adopted son.

Every liar will find his portion in the lake of fire.

I was a muslim & I know what I have qouted.

I can qoute the quran from the biginning to the end, because I once had a copy.

Why could'nt you tell everyone what the quran says concerning Sura 33: 37 & sura 33: 37.

I know you will also dodge this question as well.

Did sura 4: 34 not give the muslim a permission to beat their wives?
It reads " Men are in charge of women,because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other,& because they spend of their property (for d support of a woman).So good women are the obidient,guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded .As for those from whom ye fear rebellion,admonish them and banish them untoxbeds apart,& scourge them........"

The bible tells us to love our wife and never ,in any book of the bible, did God encouraged wife beating.

Instead of explaining why the quran encourages divorce and adultery,you resorted to cheap excuse of copying and pasting.
And what did you do to the above assumed bible contradictions you quoted?

Answer the questions for others to read.

At the end of the day, we somalis were never forced to become muslim........while you africans were enslaved and forced to accept christianity, that says alot.
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by GooseBaba: 3:40am On May 03, 2013
Both Abrahamic's faithful are confused...! In the year 2013.. The saga continues..!
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by kambo(m): 5:18am On May 03, 2013
you ar a muslim and you think you know so much about the PLAN AND PURPOSE of the Christian's God
to put him on the pedestal.
At least the acceptance of this posts shows how tolerant the christians are of you people.
Islam is the cause of so much pain on earth.
Islam okays killing "infidels" -
Islam birthed al quaida - that world governments have unanimously banned and blacklisted.
Islam is blood lusty.. A religion after satan's heart.
Islam birthed boko haram.
You may dig up misplaced points of a christian God who you claim to be inconsistent and wicked on paper,
but the devil of murder that rampages the North has cost many parents who sent their children on NYSC there
to be receive caskets in place of their their children.
A religion of bondage!!.
Most of the atheists here are posting from countries founded on Christian principles,
Countries whose founding fathers worshipped the true God and God blessed their land.
Yet, if not for God's blessing, they wouldnt be able to enjoy those countries where they stand to curse God from.

YOur religion is so intolerant , that on a public forum like this,
there has to be enforced partialism so the forum owner's life could be spared.
Why is it warned that only muslim's should post in the muslim section!!!.

Your points are daft and pointless.
Like atheists, the aim isnt to learn or seek the true God but to ridicule.
Sorry, God is a God that hides himself, he is also a God that reveals himself.
If you really seek him and want to find him,
He will reveal himself to you.

1 Like

Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by Nobody: 5:36am On May 03, 2013
somalia5:

At the end of the day, we somalis were never forced to become muslim........while you africans were enslaved and forced to accept christianity, that says alot.

How did islam come to nigeria? Arab slave traders

How did it spread all over the north? Jihad and conquest.

By the wat, somalis are africans too. Or maybe you are an Arab slave and have forgotten your roots
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by kambo(m): 5:42am On May 03, 2013
@OP your so foolish you can't even thnk straight.

YOu claim to know the Bible enough to find so many contradictions,
yet you dont know that conscription is not God's pattern.
Dont you know the story of the rich young ruler who declined becoming a disciple? or you skimmed over it.
Dont you know of paul's assistant who deserted him and the Ministry..
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by Geewan(m): 6:18am On May 03, 2013
If they are not contradictions what are they? Fairy tales I guess.
I wonder why some people are still christians. Christianity is the greatest lie ever told.
@logicdude, what exactly is your point? I thought you left christianity a long time ago or are you still confused?
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by Nobody: 7:44am On May 03, 2013
Geewan: If they are not contradictions what are they? Fairy tales I guess.
I wonder why some people are still christians. Christianity is the greatest lie ever told.
@logicdude, what exactly is your point? I thought you left christianity a long time ago or are you still confused?

Do you think Iam here to defend christianity or to bash the foolish muslim racist?
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by ninja4life(m): 11:05am On May 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Do you think Iam here to defend christianity or to bash the foolish muslim racist?
lol epic
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by somalia5: 12:35pm On May 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

How did islam come to nigeria? Arab slave traders

How did it spread all over the north? Jihad and conquest.

By the wat, somalis are africans too. Or maybe you are an Arab slave and have forgotten your roots

your an idiooot what does african mean too you? Its a continent anyone can be african? sheeesh

And arab is a culture not an ethnicity, arabs are considered white in America and Europe. THEIR are no roots in being african, anyone can be african, you need to get that in your neanderthal head. My roots are actually more in the middle east than in africa, much of my culture and religion is shared by those in arabia than in africa.

Why is someone from west africa calling me an arab slave, i will never know. Somalis were never slaves to anyone, just because we are muslim doesnt mean we are arab slaves, 87 percent of the muslims in the world are not arab.

if YOU look at a map you will see that Somalia is right next to the middle east and the only people who live near somalis are cushitic ethiopians, and arabs in the middle east, those two peoples are the people we have most in common with.....we have nothing in common with people who are bantu. So you need to wake up from your afrocentric dreams

I actually would be a slave if i had the culture of bantus, instead of having culture that is similiar to arabs and ethiopians......as the somali langauge is afroasaitic same as ethiopian and arabs.......my dna is cushitic and arab, same as arabs and ethiopians......and my culture is both

you should read more about the history of somalia before saying anything........because you would know that southern arabs have been ruled by cushitics in ethiopia/somalia for hundreds of years........and they have much of our culture too and dna

1 Like

Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 03, 2013
somalia5:

your an idiooot what does african mean too you? Its a continent anyone can be african? sheeesh

And arab is a culture not an ethnicity, arabs are considered white in America and Europe. THEIR are no roots in being african, anyone can be african, you need to get that in your neanderthal head. My roots are actually more in the middle east than in africa, much of my culture and religion is shared by those in arabia than in africa.

Why is someone from west africa calling me an arab slave, i will never know. Somalis were never slaves to anyone, just because we are muslim doesnt mean we are arab slaves, 87 percent of the muslims in the world are not arab.

if YOU look at a map you will see that Somalia is right next to the middle east and the only people who live near somalis are cushitic ethiopians, and arabs in the middle east, those two peoples are the people we have most in common with.....we have nothing in common with people who are bantu. So you need to wake up from your afrocentric dreams

I actually would be a slave if i had the culture of bantus, instead of having culture that is similiar to arabs and ethiopians......as the somali langauge is afroasaitic same as ethiopian and arabs.......my dna is cushitic and arab, same as arabs and ethiopians......and my culture is both

you should read more about the history of somalia before saying anything........because you would know that southern arabs have been ruled by cushitics in ethiopia/somalia for hundreds of years........and they have much of our culture too and dna

Islam is an Arab religion. Your forefathers had their traditional/pagan religion.

[size=18pt]You are not a physical slave like some of my forefathers were. You are a mental slave. The Arabs dont own your body.....they own something better- YOUR MIND.

Explain this to me. You are not Arab slave but

-you believe that pilgrimage (hajj) to Arab lands is a good thing religiously (but nothing for your homeland, Somalia)

-you pray facing Arab lands (Mecca) 5 times a day.

-you believe that God's prophet is Arab (Muhammad) yet, not one prophet from Somalia. (God doesnt like Somali)

-you believe in a book (The Quran) to guide your life but it is better understood in Arabic

-you pray in Arabic[/size]
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by somalia5: 12:54pm On May 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Islam is an Arab religion. Your forefathers had their traditional/pagan religion.

[size=18pt]You are not a physical slave like some of my forefathers were. You are a mental slave. The Arabs dont own your body.....they own something better- YOUR MIND.

Explain this to me. You are not Arab slave but

-you believe that pilgrimage (hajj) to Arab lands is a good thing religiously (but nothing for your homeland, Somalia)

-you pray facing Arab lands (Mecca) 5 times a day.

-you believe that God's prophet is Arab (Muhammad) yet, not one prophet from Somalia. (God doesnt like Somali)

-you believe in a book (The Quran) to guide your life but it is better understood in Arabic

-you pray in Arabic[/size]

All those things are regarding religion. God sent many prophets, Jesus was a jew. Praying toward mecca is not praying toward arab land, we pray toward the kabbah which is in mecca.

The quran is in arabic, many Somalis speak arabic, arabic is an afro asiatic just like somali.....Majority of Somalis only speak arabic when reading the quran, but we don't understand arabic for the most part, many words in arabic are also somali. We read the quran with Somali translation.

of the 1.6 billion muslims only 13 percent are arab. Your are a sick afrocentric, who only views the world from the perspective of slavery. You always see the world in a hierarchy as you have been conditioned to.

Its an ironic world when someone whose forefathers were slaves is calling a somali a mental slave, for praciticing a religion his forefathers chose freely, A religion which is in line with Somali nomadic culture and Early Arab nomads, brought to Somalia by Somalis who traded with arabs.

You should talk to the 30,000 arabs in Somalia who speak Somali and have Somali culture, or the hundreds of pakistani, arab foreign fighters who are in somalia fighting against the BANTU soldiers, Or the thousands of turks and arabs buried in somalia who fought in somalia against Ethiopia........

you need to stop commenting on other peoples history, when all your countries in west africa all have european languages as their national language, but Somalis have Somali as their national language.
Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by somalia5: 12:56pm On May 03, 2013
A somali, learning to speak arabic as a second langauge is more reasonable when considering that both arabic and somali are in the same family group and that both regions have long history of cultural and trade exchanges.

I bet you wouldnt have a problem if somalis learned your bantu languages; that would be mental enslavement cause arabic is much closer to Somali than any other languages spoken by negroids

Re: Hypocrisy In The Bible by kambo(m): 1:47am On May 05, 2013
so somali ur a devout muslim, who will make heaven wen u die right? Ur religion is a deception. Where u try to earn enough points to b acceptable to God. E.g prayg 5 times a day, doing alms, sacrificg ram. Yet ur quaran u abide by gives u know gaurantee of salvation. No muslim on his death bed is at peace abt eternity. Ur religion of peace vetoes blood shed Of those who dnt believe. A perfect model of intolerance. The bible is unequivcal on every crucial life question. Wherever a band of muslims ar d spirit of bloodshed presides.. U shd b workg hard to make islam upto date. World is tired of d so-called menace calld islam.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Christians Say 'sorry' At Chicago Pride / Why Sunday School Classes Are Better Than Sermons / Apostle Johnson Suleman: The Gospel Giant Of Our Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.