Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,541 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 (2616 Views)

My Infinix X600 Note 2 Jst Arrivd From Jumia.hands On Review Follws immdiatly / Pls. How Can I Send Applications From My 3230 To Another Phone? / How To Transfer Pictures From LG Phone to PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by Deblow: 7:21pm On May 01, 2013
Pls someone should come to my aid here. I have rooted my galaxy note 2 but now the memory is almost full. All the Apps2sd applications recommended on the market don't seem to work for me. Kindly explain to me in ckear unambiguous terms how I can truly and successfully transfer applications and games from phone memory to external memory card. I shall be indebted to u in gratitude. Thanks
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 8:06pm On May 01, 2013
Use the method called "directory bind"
Please read the instruction carefully.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2099934

Hope this is helpful.
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by Deblow: 5:02am On May 02, 2013
Donlyone I appreciate u. I actually have directory bind on my phone but I don't quite understand how to use it. Am scared of getting the phone corrupted again cos it got corrupted once while trying one application like that. Can u please explain the use to me in simple terms. Thanks
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 10:14pm On May 02, 2013
Okay lets start. DIRECTORY BIND

First you have to understand that this solution does not actually move your apps to SD, rather, it moves your APP OR GAME DATA TO SD hence, freeing your phone memory. These data are really huge for some apps or hd games, sometimes in excess of 1gig.

So essentially its like showing your hens a new spot to lay eggs.
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 10:30pm On May 02, 2013
First things first, you need to know where this DATA to be moved is located in your phone.

Usually but not always, it is stored in your INTERNAL SD » ANDROID » DATA

you'll see alot of folders in the SD.
Now scroll to ANDROID and open it.
On opening it you'll see another folder named DATA, open it and you'll see data folders for some apps. Now those the kind of data we are going to be moving.
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 10:44pm On May 02, 2013
I am finding it difficult to upload pics to aid you.

Are you still with me?
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by Deblow: 2:04am On May 03, 2013
My oga am fully with you. Please fire on
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 8:34am On May 03, 2013
Go to the link below and download Directory bind version 0.2.0o, thats the version I'm working with.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1410262

Install and open it, it will ask permission for root access, grant the permission.

Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 11:57am On May 03, 2013
In order for directory bind to work you have to creat the same "data path" for apps on SD that is, Android » data
on the external SD (memory card).

I am saying you have to create a folder on your memory card which you will name Android. Open it and create another folder called data.

The good news is: The Directory bind app you just istalled can help you do just that.
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 12:05pm On May 03, 2013
On opening the Directory bind app you will see the screen uploaded above.

Now press your menu key to reveal 'app menu'

Note: Your device menu is a soft key located at the left lower end of your phone ie. left of your home key (home key is the only physical button on the front of a galaxy note phone)
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by Deblow: 7:34pm On May 03, 2013
Thanks I dey gbadun dis tutorial. Pls can u send me ur phone number so we can do a real time chat on WhatsApp? I also need to call you. Expecting
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 8:07pm On May 03, 2013
Deblow: Thanks I dey gbadun dis tutorial. Pls can u send me ur phone number so we can do a real time chat on WhatsApp? I also need to call you. Expecting

I can send it to your email, I don't want to put my number online.

Just post your email.

Now back to the matter at hand.
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 8:15pm On May 03, 2013
On pressing your menu button you'll see a pop-up, on it click on "add new entry"

Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 8:22pm On May 03, 2013
When you click "add new entry" you get a screen with four items as below

Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 8:38pm On May 03, 2013
»The first item (/sdcard/external_sd/) is the PATH to your memory card.

»The second(/sdcard/) is the PATH to your phone memory.

»The third (transfer files from target to data) ensures your app data is transfered from from phone memory to memory card.

»The fourth (add) adds the new entry.

Sorry no item no 7, guess they have to work on that grin
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 8:48pm On May 03, 2013
Before I continue, I need to advice you as a fellow ROOTED ANDROID PHONE user, you have to get your self TITANIUM BACKUP. With it, you could back-up your important apps and games. That way, if you make mistake with an app, you can always restore it. Also copy your APP DATA to a computer. It is good to be cautious.

Ok my number is 08030937612
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 9:31pm On May 03, 2013
Back to the topic at hand.

Before you move data you have to know the name of the app data folder to be moved because you'll create the EXACT folder on your memory card.

So go to / sdcard / Android/ data / to copy the name of the folder to be moved.
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 9:59pm On May 03, 2013
Now on the 'add new entry menu' click and hold the first item (/sdcard/external_sd/) for more than one second.
It will open your memory card (external_sd).

Notice the three soft keys at lower bottom of the screen. They are:
1) NEW: to creat a new folder
2) SELECT: to select a folder
3) UP: To leave a sub-folder to the main folder.

Click on NEW to creat a folder, a pop-up is displayed asking you to name your new folder, call it:
Android

On naming the folder it is immediately opened, click UP to go back to external sd.
You'll notice your new folder 'Android', now open Android and create another folder in it by clicking on NEW. Call the new sub-folder:
data

Please mind the spelling of the folder names, it matters

Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 10:18pm On May 03, 2013
Open the new sub-folder "data" and create the folders (eg. com.opera.browser) for the app data to be moved.

Remember, the folders must bear the same name as the one to be moved from phone memory.

If you done this you have successfully created the data path for your memory card

Should I continue?
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by Deblow: 3:04am On May 04, 2013
Thanks. I have got the number and added it to my phonebook. I am going for the titanium backup rightaway. In the meantime pls continue. I want to have a substantial measure of instructional materials on ground here then I can begin the practice so I can ask questions if I get stuck.
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by Deblow: 3:33am On May 04, 2013
The first question Sir; can I effectively use the "My file" folder on my phone to assess my sd and external memory card? Or is it better assessed using applications like "Root explorer, AS file explorer" and the likes?
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 9:29pm On May 04, 2013
Yes you can use your file browser to do anything you want, the only difference is that root explorer and other file browsers like it can access parts of your file system that need special (root) permission. Some can even function like winrar.
Use them with care
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 9:44pm On May 04, 2013
Back to the topic.

Having created the data PATH on your memory card, now, click on the second item (/sdcard/) on the 'add new entry' screen, hold it for more than one second to open your internal sd.

Navigate to the folder 'Android' and open it.
You'll see a folder named 'data', open it to reveal the folders for app date.

Now click on the one you want to move (I mean the one you created an identical folder for on your memory card). Now click SELECT (remember its one of the soft keys on the lower part of the screen).

It should take you back to the 'add new entry' screen. Now TICK 'transfer files to target data'. (Note that 'TRANFER FILES TO TARGET DATA should only be done once. If you have reason to repeat the process, for instance, after reboot, don't tick this option again).

Now click the fourth item, that is, ADD.

Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 9:58pm On May 04, 2013
On clicking 'Add', you should get this creen

Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 10:06pm On May 04, 2013
Now press your device menu key to reveal app options.

Click on 'BIND CHECKED' to complete the process. You'll see the files transfering, don't interupt it.

If you have done it well, after files transfer you should get this screen (note the change in the icon colour)

Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 10:10pm On May 04, 2013
Here is an advice from the site:

Note: Games will run slower of your SD card
Every time you reboot your phone the
process of binding will have to be repeated
otherwise the game will ask to download
data
I suggest unbinding directories when not in
use as this will help save battery
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 10:21pm On May 04, 2013
On a final note, let me ask you, have you downloaded hd games which has alot of data?

If not, Your phone memory may be getting full because your music and videos are on it.
Move all music and videos to your memory card.

Also check your Download and Bluetooth folders and move any file you can afford to move to the memory card.

Directory bind should be a last resort.

Don't forget to back-up your important apps using Titanium back up.
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by Deblow: 5:45am On May 05, 2013
Hmmmm! What an elaborate and well articulated explanations! I so much appreciate u my oga. However, following the orders specified by u before the last one u gqve, I created "Android" then, "data" on my memory card and when I finished the process this is what I got with the green icon beside coming on: S: /sd card/external sd/Android/ and T: /sd card/Android/
I guess there is a problem here becos the target data is not included unlike in ur own illustration. ...
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by Deblow: 5:51am On May 05, 2013
However when I opened the data folder on my memory card it contains exactly all the data files contained in my sd card. I want to ask: after successfully completing the transfer, should the sd card still bear the same data file that was supposedly transfered to the memory card or it should be empty of it? If it should not contain it again, what do I do in this case that both cintain all my data files? Should i manually delete the files from the sd card?
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by Deblow: 6:02am On May 05, 2013
Finally to your question sir, yes I recently downloaded fifa 12 by EA sports. It is about 1.6GB and like I said the data file after doing the directory bind stuff both appears on external sd and internal sd. What do I do? In case I want to undo what I have done, uninstall and re-install the directory bind once again to follow ur steps to the letter how do I go about it without causing harm to my fone and also prevent data loss?
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by donlyone(m): 8:47pm On May 05, 2013
Do not uninstall directory bind

Do not manually delete any data

Do not call me Oga

Do not call me sir.

If the diskette icon turned green you must have done it well. The data may appear to still be in the phone memory, however if you delete it, you'll lose both (ie on sd and external sd). When I tried it, the data on sd was removed on reboot leaving only the one on external sd.

To restore your data to default,

press device menu,

press UNBIND ALL
notice the green colour disappear from the diskette icon.

Now press the diskette icon for more than one second,
The next screen gives you an option to delete.

Press delete, you'll see a pop-up giving you an option to either
1) transfer data to original folder
OR
2) delete data

Choose the option to transfer it back and save.
Re: How Can I Truely Transfer Applications From Phone To Ext Mem Card On Note 2 by Deblow: 4:20am On May 06, 2013
Thanks a bunch

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tip For Gsm Users: How To Prevent And Handle Missing Airtime / MTN New Data Awoof For Weekends / How To Get Airtel 100GB With #300

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.