Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Microsoft Access And Excel - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Microsoft Access And Excel (2378 Views)

Plz House I Need Teach Yourself E Book On Vb,acess And Excel Thank / Microsoft Access Database - Please Help Me / Need Help On MS Access And Outlook VBA (Sending Email) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Access And Excel by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 15, 2008
pls guys can someone put me through in the difference between microsoftexcel and microsoftacess
Re: Microsoft Access And Excel by speakout: 9:54am On Apr 17, 2008
Microsoft Access is a database application strictly meant for managing data from beginning to an advanced level (programming in macros) while Microsoft Exell is a spredsheet application that took the place of lotus 1-2-3 and handles all data calculations. If unsatisfied, please contact me on maitanmi@yahoo.com for further trainings.
Re: Microsoft Access And Excel by uspry1(f): 5:13pm On Apr 17, 2008
Give you few examples of using MS ACCESS and MS EXCEL.

For MS ACCESS

You create the database table as follow below:

userID
userName
userAddress
userCity
userCountry
userAge

Then insert all data on the following blank fields of those database table. Suppose your boss asks you the lists of username that live in a city to be reported. You use SELECT query on the database to pull only userName and userCity to display information the boss wants.

The database report will show ALL of userName with userCity like this below:
[table]
[tr][td]userName  [/td] [td]userCity[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]John Doe[/td] [td] Lagos[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mary Doe[/td] [td]Victoria Island[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Joe Doe[/td] [td]Lagos[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Helen John[/td][td]Port Harcourt[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Doe John[/td] [td]Ikeja[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Bill Gates[/td] [td]Festac[/td][/tr]
[/table]

Normally if you have more than 50-10,000 userNames to sort all userCity, that is what MS ACCESS for!

For MS EXCEL

You create your spreadsheet on worksheet to calculate the timesheet report using FORUMLA function like this:

[table]
[tr] [td]Employee Name  [/td] [td]Monday[/td][td]Tuesday[/td] [td]Wednesday[/td][td]Thursday[/td] [td]Friday[/td][td]Total Hours [/td] [/tr]
[tr][td]John Doe[/td] [td]8[/td][td]8[/td] [td]8[/td][td]8[/td] [td]8[/td][td]40[/td] [/tr]
[tr][td]Mary Doe[/td] [td]4[/td][td]4[/td] [td]4[/td][td]4[/td] [td]4[/td][td]20[/td] [/tr]
[tr][td]Joe Doe[/td] [td]8[/td][td]8[/td] [td]8[/td][td]8[/td] [td]8[/td][td]40[/td] [/tr]
[tr][td]Helen John[/td] [td]4[/td][td]4[/td] [td]4[/td][td]4[/td] [td]4[/td][td]20[/td] [/tr]
[tr][td]Doe John[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td] [td]4[/td][td]4[/td] [td]4[/td][td]20[/td] [/tr]
[tr][td]Bill Gates[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td] [td]4[/td][td]4[/td] [td]4[/td][td]20[/td] [/tr]
[tr][td]Total [/td] [td]32[/td][td]32[/td] [td]32[/td][td]32[/td] [td]32[/td][td]160[/td] [/tr][/table]
Total Employees:      6     Grand Total hours: 160

MS Excel calculates the total automatically for you in order to print it out giving to your supervisor who authorizes the payroll system based on employee's timesheet record.

Normally if you have more than 50-10,000 employees to calculate their timesheet automatically at the end of the day before the paycheck due, that is what MS EXCEL for!!!
Re: Microsoft Access And Excel by FMK(m): 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2008
guys,
becarefull  when explaining  about  Micro Acess  to create  Aplication.  we have simple and Advanced    according to information you need for your business Manegement

a simple  table and programe  in access everyone can do but when talking about  Application for business Management  you need to have very deep notion first in software programation  and  have advanced notion  in certain Area.  e.g  if i need an Aplication for  comercial Business   firstly make sure you  are experienced  in Economy, Analityc and  Account  Management,  if you need for bank job you need to understand bank operations 

programing Using Access you need to know what you need and list them but note that this needs deep reflect 

you need to create controls sources

QueriesReports
Micros
Combination Boxes
Automatics Boxes
Calculations cells
Designing formular
security system (data base security system  Access ID and Password
Out Put and Input  system
display boxes
data transference  from application to another apllication
They are a lot  a lot

Excell  and word are sheets  simple datas or report and also auxiliarry programes for  Applications or data base   in excell you can create a sheet for your payment and recording datas and calculation  but this is not suffecient for a business of million of dollars.  excell and word  help to down load report from Aplication  eg if my Aplication is not connected to internet  and i need to send a report that is in my Apliction  to my Boss is abroad, i need to down load this report to excell or word  then i can send it 

you can learn programing Aplication  but your personal wisdom is the key 

I have  experiance in this Area
Re: Microsoft Access And Excel by sbucareer(f): 11:06pm On Apr 25, 2008

MS-Access and MS-Excel are both used for data storage, retrival and manipulation, hence both are used for database. The real difference is that MS-Access is a RDBMS and MS-Excel is NOT a RDBMS.

MS-Excel uses sheet to define its record, whilst MS-Access uses table to define its record. Access is mainly for handling raw or normalized data, whilst Excel is mainly use for data calculation.

However, it is possible to transfer data between excel and access with little or no headache
Re: Microsoft Access And Excel by fellybabe(f): 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2008
nice hint
Re: Microsoft Access And Excel by DanDare: 11:49pm On May 06, 2008
does anyone have any ebooks on these softwares or any links to learning material?

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Learn Programming (c++) In Abuja? / After Learning Programming What Next?? / Rate My Portfolio Website On A Scale Of 1-10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.