Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

The Axiom Of Rationality: All Men Are Rational (greedy) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Axiom Of Rationality: All Men Are Rational (greedy) (1387 Views)

Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare / The Rationality/irrationality Behind Fasting / Religion And Rationality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Axiom Of Rationality: All Men Are Rational (greedy) by churific(m): 1:46pm On May 02, 2013
God created us humans to specialize in complaining. No matter how much we have or get, we are just never contempt. We’re always blinded by rationality (greed) and self engulfment until we’re faced with a difficult situation then we choose to recognize the existence of a “supreme” being.

Check out the image and ask YOUR God to open your eyes constantly and continuously!

http://www.humoredIn.com

Re: The Axiom Of Rationality: All Men Are Rational (greedy) by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 02, 2013
Hallo Chur,

What's your basis for equating rationality with greed?
Re: The Axiom Of Rationality: All Men Are Rational (greedy) by churific(m): 4:00pm On May 02, 2013
If you study economics...micro economics, then you know that rationality and greed are both the same thing. But it all depends on how you personally define "rationality."
Re: The Axiom Of Rationality: All Men Are Rational (greedy) by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 02, 2013
churific: If you study economics...micro economics, then you know that rationality and greed are both the same thing. But it all depends on how you personally define "rationality."

Well churi,

I might not be very bright to have studied micro-economics as you have but the little study I have done lead me to the term: 'the selfish motive' as against 'greed' which need not necessarily be a bad thing in itself because in one way or the other, some of the successes we have achieved so far is as a result of this 'selfish motive'.

1 Like

Re: The Axiom Of Rationality: All Men Are Rational (greedy) by churific(m): 9:47pm On May 02, 2013
Exactly my point. I never said it was a bad thing.

I think that's why they chose to equate rationality with greed...as a way to say that greed is not necessarily a bad thing because it is the essence of life and could mean life and death in some cases.

However, that's natural greed, or rationality...the greed I warn against is the unnatural greed or extreme selfishness.
Re: The Axiom Of Rationality: All Men Are Rational (greedy) by ninja4life(m): 11:28am On May 03, 2013
Lol everyday on nairaland i get to learn and hear new things everyday so ur god creatd u to specialize in complaining if dat is so then why is it a sin to be greedy since its d omnipotent god's plan
Re: The Axiom Of Rationality: All Men Are Rational (greedy) by churific(m): 12:20pm On May 03, 2013
That part was sarcasm. I guess it wasn't very clear. That's why I said that no matter how much we have or don't have, we are always complaining and never contempt.

(1) (Reply)

After You Believe - N T Wright... and more videos / The Preservation Of the Scripture - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi / Strange Message And Image Appear In Brasil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.