Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? (21454 Views)

Pic:- The Product That Has Soared Without Advert Or Promo For Almost 30 Years / 5 Hottest Products That Sell Without Adverts In Nigeria / Foods We Can Produce And Sell Without NAFDAC Number (2) (3) (4)

Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by vandarsar(m): 6:49pm On May 02, 2013
Most of the items apart from sony are necessity goods. Which means advertisement has little or no effects on them unless there are other goods that can act as substitute to them.

Garri ijebu has non, St. Louis almost has none at least till the late 90s. "Food is ready" has none up till today.

One flaw however is that htc electronics just replaced sony as the UEFA Champions League sponsor a couple of months ago, and we've actually hard a couple of sony erickson's advertisement in the past before they lost touch in the mobilephone market.
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by engrjamiu(m): 7:07pm On May 02, 2013
Condom like gold circle and ruff ryders, when una don see their adverts for naija but dem dey sell like fire.
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by mrofficial2(m): 7:16pm On May 02, 2013
The beef is on. lol.
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by duwell(m): 7:18pm On May 02, 2013
okpara ugo: PURE WATER NO GET ADVERT BUT MILLIONS SACHETS ARE SOLD DAILY

my business sef no get advert...

salt mentioned by d op dosnt require ads to sell cos its a nessesity. Bt i kno dat d are diff companies producin dem like Dangote nd d rest. Dangote might decide 2 do ads if oda brands ar competing.
On d water mata, i kno dat Eva produced by cocacola do lots of ads. Wen dif coys do d sem tin der do ads even if its water, garri, salt.
'Food is Ready' is and advert itself.
The op cant difèrentiate btw brand names and a giffen good.....
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by badmeat(m): 7:32pm On May 02, 2013
Kai kai nor get advert,
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by funshint(m): 7:38pm On May 02, 2013
What of ludo? grin
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by OCcool: 7:48pm On May 02, 2013
P.U.S.H:
Why is this on FP? hissssss
bad belle
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by Ninilowo(m): 7:49pm On May 02, 2013
...........And matches too
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 02, 2013
First brand to market usually leads the category.

- Indomie
- St. Louis
- Titus
- e.t.c
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by goodgood2(m): 8:00pm On May 02, 2013
P.U.S.H:
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by goodgood2(m): 8:04pm On May 02, 2013
P.U.S.H:
P.U.S.H:
Wetin for dey fp before? Tonto Dikeh, abi?

Guantaramera ah we ya guantaramera hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi
(THE END)

What a song!

If you like the song, hit "like."

Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by donez(m): 8:11pm On May 02, 2013
Biro nko?
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 02, 2013
ITbomb: Business minds always stressed on the importance of creating awareness for your brand and product to be successful but I keep wondering how these ones succeeded without adverts.

1. St Louis Sugar
2. Geisha canned fish
3. Rambo Insecticide
4. Salt (Before the advent of Dangote we have been buying salt without even knowing where it came from)
5. 'Food is Ready' This loosely held franchise doesnt need much adverts
6 Ijebu Garri : Only recently I'm seeing it in branded sachets
7. Sony : Odd as it may be, I cant recall seeing Sony Electronics Product adverts in Nigeria. I ve seen LG, Samsung and even Panasonic

The marketing/branding gurus should explain please

There is an old English saying that Breed is greater than Pasture.
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by Ikeobinna(m): 9:23pm On May 02, 2013
I am still waiting for the weed ad. Teamchoko

Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by Sawadinho: 10:15pm On May 02, 2013
7. Sony : Odd as it may be, I cant recall seeing Sony Electronics Product adverts in Nigeria. I ve seen LG, Samsung and even Panasonic

like seriously u've not seen sony adverts even the super slim tv adverts...hmmm
as for the rest especially garrison ijebu no worry them go sell anyday anywhere
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by henrysam(m): 10:23pm On May 02, 2013
ITbomb: Business minds always stressed on the importance of creating awareness for your brand and product to be successful but I keep wondering how these ones succeeded without adverts.

1. St Louis Sugar
2. Geisha canned fish
3. Rambo Insecticide
4. Salt (Before the advent of Dangote we have been buying salt without even knowing where it came from)
5. 'Food is Ready' This loosely held franchise doesnt need much adverts
6 Ijebu Garri : Only recently I'm seeing it in branded sachets

The marketing/branding gurus should explain please
What about ponmo or kponmo. Dem no dey adverise this product but e dey sell like hell
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by Afam4eva(m): 10:24pm On May 02, 2013
Add "pure water" to the list. Who cares the name of a particular pure water before buying. Products like these that don't require adverts just requires the owners to make them available all the time to beat the competition even though the buyers are not aware of any competition.

@OP
You're wrong about SONY though. I've seen sony adverts.

I wonder why coke is still wasting money on adverts anyways. They'll keep selling without adverts. Even pepsi that has been spending millions of dollars on adverts and paying the biggest celebrities in the world to use their image has not been able to outsell coke.
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by pixiechic(f): 10:43pm On May 02, 2013
THis is the answer

1) Advertisement is only one of many ways to convince consumers to buy one's product. some of the products mentioned by OP simply use their brands as a way to achieve the same goal as an ad would.
2) Brand does not just come like that. THese companies must have advertised during the introduction stage of those products, and they are now reaping the benefits of their advertisement efforts: strong and recognizable brand name.

Note: some products like garri and pure water do not have ads because there is no need for differentiation. Garri is garri, pure water is pure water. Also consumers simply dont care!

O ti tan! cool
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by Nobody: 2:50am On May 03, 2013
P.U.S.H:
you must be an ode to ask that question. What should it not be on FP? In fact, maybe you should ask Google why it is on FP.
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by kinstinct(m): 5:07am On May 03, 2013
ekt_bear: Wetin man go do without salt?

It doesn't need advertising, it makes food taste b etter.

Salt has an inelastic demand. Irrespective of the price, poor man will not ignore. A rich man will not say I have enough, let me buy and use more than my poor neighbour. We must have it just enough.
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by ayo22(m): 6:30am On May 03, 2013
some guds ar necessities which we cant do without them. e.g, salt. also some guds undergo indirect ad. for instance, ur agege bread seller passes ur house every blessed morning shouting.... buy ur bread ooo.... wat do u think she s doing.
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by Okijajuju1(m): 7:01am On May 03, 2013
Afam4eva: Add "pure water" to the list. Who cares the name of a particular pure water before buying. Products like these that don't require adverts just requires the owners to make them available all the time to beat the competition even though the buyers are not aware of any competition.

@OP
You're wrong about SONY though. I've seen sony adverts.

I wonder why coke is still wasting money on adverts anyways. They'll keep selling without adverts. Even pepsi that has been spending millions of dollars on adverts and paying the biggest celebrities in the world to use their image has not been able to outsell coke.

on the Pepsi matter, that's only in Nigeria o! Pepsi is a strong contender with coke elsewhere. For some reason, Pepsi is still a poor mans drink in Nigeria and their product here is shit.
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by G12(m): 7:49am On May 03, 2013
Wait o! Just Imagine how a G-4 advert would look/sound like. Like how many brands we fit get?
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by alex406(m): 7:52am On May 03, 2013
@poster you forgot to mention pure.
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by Afam4eva(m): 9:11am On May 03, 2013
Okija_juju:

on the Pepsi matter, that's only in Nigeria o! Pepsi is a strong contender with coke elsewhere. For some reason, Pepsi is still a poor mans drink in Nigeria and their product here is shit.
Pepsi is a strong contender with coke everywhere but it has not been able to beat coke anywhere.

Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by Nobody: 11:17am On May 03, 2013
coolNa everybody know say gari no get advert but he dey sell pass indomie

Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by dramendra: 1:00pm On May 03, 2013
Ewa agunyin.
Moi moi.
Kiwi polish.
Puff Puff.

Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by ITbomb(m): 1:47pm On May 03, 2013
dramendra: Ewa agunyin.
Moi moi.
Kiwi polish.
Puff Puff.

Kiwi Polish.
Boy , I never see advert for polish before ?
And Mirror, why don't mirrors have brands?
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by Justice42003: 1:48pm On May 03, 2013
Hav u ever been 2 a chinese restaurant before, if yes,
then u will agree wit me dat dey dont need 2 advertise 2 u before u can come n eat there,
becos if dey do.
No sane man will ever go there 2 eat chinese foods.
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by rosamaris: 4:02pm On May 03, 2013
I believe in quality and it needs no advertisement. Quality advertises itself shikena. I only value adverts when it tells me about a new product in town.
Re: These Products Sell Without Advert:: How? by abdulaz: 7:19pm On May 03, 2013
Bullets and guns don't have adverts, but they are everywhere.

Kolanut Business: You can be a Millionaire within 6 months / First Bank, Oko In Oyo On Fire (Photos) / Nigerian Man Returns $3000 Mistakenly Transferred To Him In Brussels