Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,156 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States (2713 Views)

Roman Catholic Church The Babylon In Bible Prophecy. +the Pope Is The Beast / The Pope Is The Antichrist? / Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by smile4kenn(m): 9:42pm On Apr 15, 2008
The pope, His Holiness, Holy father, benedith d' XVI just arrived Maryland Airforce Airport and he is seen as a celebrity on Arrival. Am just watching on CNN and everyone is screaming and suprise like they have seen a music pop star. He should be seen as a figure of God, Jesus representative on Earth and as a Holy father.

With the pope's blessings and arrival, they should see him as God's figure walking on the shores of America.

May God give the Pope More spritual powers and Grace to send the right message of catholism and christainity to the Americans

Amen
God bless His Holliness
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by Lady2(f): 9:44pm On Apr 15, 2008
Amen to the prayer
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by smile4kenn(m): 9:49pm On Apr 15, 2008
pics of arrival

Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by Lady2(f): 9:52pm On Apr 15, 2008
I don't think him being treated as a celebrity should be highlighted, but rather his address of the "sex scandal." And what he actually does while on his visit
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by smile4kenn(m): 9:56pm On Apr 15, 2008
pic

Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by smile4kenn(m): 10:00pm On Apr 15, 2008
pic

Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 17, 2008
did you guys see the rendition of Ave maria by the opera singer at the reception ?
what a voice!
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 17, 2008
Viva il Papa!
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by rotimy(m): 7:32pm On Apr 17, 2008
For us to say that the Pope is not a celebrity is a sign of false humility. He is not only a celebrity for Christ but the leader of over I bilion Catholics. The people who are screaming as if they have seen a pop star are real human beings expressing their feelings. When Pope John Paul 11 was dying, people were not screaming in excitement but praying and crying. God bless the Pope !
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by smile4kenn(m): 5:08am On Apr 18, 2008
When ever i watch the video of Pop's visit on CNN, I feel blessed by God.

My Man of God
His Holiness

BENEDICTA MUS DOMINUS
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by Lindiwe(f): 12:32am On Apr 23, 2008
smile4kenn:

When ever i watch the video of Pop's visit on CNN, I feel blessed by God.

My Man of God
His Holiness

BENEDICTA MUS DOMINUS

I totally agree with you,
Pope Benedict (XVI) is indeed a figure of Christ on earth, May the Holy Trinity Father, Son and Holy Spirit continue to guide and guard him as he leads God's people

Long live the Pope!!!
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by 4Him1(m): 12:39am On Apr 23, 2008
Lindiwe:

I totally agree with you,
Pope Benedict (XVI) is indeed a figure of Christ on earth, May the Holy Trinity Father, Son and Holy Spirit continue to guide and guard him as he leads God's people

Long live the Pope!!!

It is this blasphemy that will haunt all popes in hell fire where their real father is waiting with open arms.
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by Lady2(f): 2:17am On Apr 23, 2008
It is this blasphemy that will haunt all popes in hell fire where their real father is waiting with open arms.

So you know his destiny? You're almighty God abi?
Why don't you go and find out if they are going to hell and then warn us ehn.
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by 4Him1(m): 5:13am On Apr 23, 2008
~Lady~:

So you know his destiny? You're almighty God abi?
Why don't you go and find out if they are going to hell and then warn us ehn.

I'm not God, but His word which you pretend to carry everyday is CLEAR.
The doom of the pope and his heretical organisation is written into the book of revelations.
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 23, 2008
These atheists also protested against the Pope's visit:

* ELLEN JOHNSON, President of American Atheists
* ARLENE-MARIE, President of Michigan Atheists and State Director, AA
* MARGARET DOWNEY, President of Atheist Alliance
* FRED EDWORDS, Director of Communications, American Humanist Association
* CHRISTOPHER ARNTZEN, President, Gay and Lesbian Atheists and Humanists
* RICK WINGROVE, Capitol Hill Representative, Virginia Director, American Atheists

Source => http://www.atheists.org/temp/popeVisit2008.html

My question -> why are they so insecure? Afterall, the pope is not planning to meet/discuss with them.
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 23, 2008
4 Him:

I'm not God, but His word which you pretend to carry everyday is CLEAR.
God's word from which Martin Luther deleted 7 books.

4 Him:

The doom of the pope and his heretical organisation is written into the book of revelations.

Stop mis-interpreting the book of revelations. The Pope is the Vicar of Christ on earth. Live with it.

Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by RichyBlacK(m): 1:51pm On Apr 23, 2008
Though I'm not a Catholic, I still respect the Pope. I admire the organization of the Catholic church and the candor the Pope showed in talking about the pedophilia issues. May God bless the Pope!
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by MCUsman(m): 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2008
RichyBlacK:

, I still respect the Pope. I admire the organization of the Catholic church

The Pope is the most popular religious figure on earth, he may not be as popular as his predecessor and again he started on a wrong step he however, regain his composure. I respect him, because i have esteemed respect for the catholic church, i see catholics as the real Christan. They have unlike other westicoted denominations (Potestants & co ) resisted influence of western ideology into their religion. They (the catholics) are the front runners in voicing out against Gay & Homosexuality, Abortion and other westicoted ideals that are gradually been incorporated into Christianity.
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by 4Him1(m): 5:58pm On Apr 23, 2008
imhotep:

God's word from which Martin Luther deleted 7 books.

that is up to God to judge Martin Luther for. God wont judge you based on how large or how complete your bible was but on your faithfulness in the little that was committed to you. Lazarus probably couldnt afford a torah but found his way to the bossom of Abraham.

imhotep:

Stop mis-interpreting the book of revelations. The Pope is the Vicar of Christ on earth. Live with it.

Its not a matter of telling me to "live with it" . . . its not something that bothers me at all. Christ said He would send the comforter not a vicar. Live with your own heresy.

MC Usman:

The Pope is the most popular religious figure on earth, he may not be as popular as his predecessor and again he started on a wrong step he however, regain his composure. I respect him, because i have esteemed respect for the catholic church, i see catholics as the real Christan. They have unlike other westicoted denominations (Potestants & co ) resisted influence of western ideology into their religion. They (the catholics) are the front runners in voicing out against Gay & Homosexuality, Abortion and other westicoted ideals that are gradually been incorporated into Christianity.

this is the mind of a decietful liar. Where you not the one who opened a thread using gay priests to castigate christianity? Now those same priests are who you regard as the "real christians"?

I'll tell you why your have "esteemed respect" for the catholic church - its not because they are "real christians" but because their idolatry and heresy is the closest to legitimising Is'lam.
The popes kiss the qu'ran and bow down to idols in ur mosque, that is why you hypocrites pretend to "deeply respect" them.
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 23, 2008
4 Him:

that is up to God to judge Martin Luther for. God wont judge you based on how large or how complete your bible was but on your faithfulness in the little that was committed to you. Lazarus probably couldnt afford a torah but found his way to the bossom of Abraham.
Martin Luther is not Lazarus. And I find it hypocritical that people will follow a man who deleted 7 books from the bible and attempted to remove the book of James, Hebrews etc etc. Cherry-picking christianity.

4 Him:

Its not a matter of telling me to "live with it" . . . its not something that bothers me at all. Christ said He would send the comforter not a vicar. Live with your own heresy.
You still got to live with it. Christ did not also promise to send 33,000 bickering sects that cannot agree on anything. He prayed for the unity of His followers.

4 Him:

this is the mind of a decietful liar. Where you not the one who opened a thread using gay priests to castigate christianity?
MCUsman was not castigating anybody in that thread. He was just repeating a widely publicized news item here.

4 Him:

Now those same priests are who you regard as the "real christians"?
I'll tell you why your have "esteemed respect" for the catholic church - its not because they are "real christians" but because their idolatry and heresy is the closest to legitimising Is'lam.
The popes kiss the qu'ran and bow down to idols in your mosque, that is why you hypocrites pretend to "deeply respect" them.
Is this an attack of insecurity? At least the M'uslims don't modify the Kor@n to suite their fancies, like Martin Luther and his followers.

Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by cgift(m): 9:04pm On Apr 23, 2008
imhotep:

Imohotep,

the signs are all there for you to see. Your pope is kissing the qurihan and you are comfortable with that. Let me open this up a littel. The qurihan is one of the most opposing books to the mission of Christ on earth and your pope approves it.

The qurihan states that Jesus did not die and your pope approves it
It states that Jesus is not God and your pope approves it
It also states that you can kill anybody who insults Is'lam or its prophet MO and ur pope approves it.
It states that all jews should be killed and calls them apes and goats and all sorts, and your pope approves it.

So what does the pope stand for? Falsehood, divisions, sheep in wolf's clothing. Yes! I am however not surprised anyways. No wonder is'lam thinks that the "trinity" that some Christians talk about comprises God, Jesus and Mary ( na wa o!) Delusions in high places.

Coalition of darkness. The doom of the catholic church is clearly spelt in the book of revelations as it is the only one that fulfills that prophecy. The days of the RCC is numbered for the wrath of God to descend upon them.
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 23, 2008
cgift:

Imohotep,

the signs are all there for you to see. Your pope is kissing the qurihan and you are comfortable with that. Let me open this up a littel. The qurihan is one of the most opposing books to the mission of Christ on earth and your pope approves it.

The qurihan states that Jesus did not die and your pope approves it
It states that Jesus is not God and your pope approves it
It also states that you can kill anybody who insults Is'lam or its prophet MO and your pope approves it.
It states that all jews should be killed and calls them apes and goats and all sorts, and your pope approves it.

So what does the pope stand for? Falsehood, divisions, sheep in wolf's clothing. Yes! I am however not surprised anyways. No wonder is'lam thinks that the "trinity" that some Christians talk about comprises God, Jesus and Mary ( na wa o!) Delusions in high places.

Coalition of darkness. The doom of the catholic church is clearly spelt in the book of revelations as it is the only one that fulfills that prophecy. The days of the RCC is numbered for the wrath of God to descend upon them.
Do you want him to kiss the bible that Martin Luther thoroughly corrupted?
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by 4Him1(m): 9:12pm On Apr 23, 2008
imhotep:

Martin Luther is not Lazarus. And I find it hypocritical that people will follow a man who deleted 7 books from the bible and attempted to remove the book of James, Hebrews etc etc. Cherry-picking christianity.

you must be thoroughly deluded to think that christianity outside the RCC originated from Martin Luther only.

imhotep:

You still got to live with it. Christ did not also promise to send 33,000 bickering sects that cannot agree on anything. He prayed for the unity of His followers.

you're just quoting anything like a man grasping at straws. Christ also said He came to send a sword on the earth . . . did you miss that one in ur misguided quest for unity?
The unity Christ prayed for was a unity of mind ROOTED in the scriptures and focused on the heavenly calling not in the traditions of men.

imhotep:

MCUsman was not castigating anybody in that thread. He was just repeating a widely publicized news item here.

ur brother in blasphemy.

imhotep:

Is this an attack of insecurity? At least the M'uslims don't modify the Kor@n to suite their fancies, like Martin Luther and his followers.

no wonder mu'slims love catholics. Birds of the same feather using the same accusations to seal their doom.
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 23, 2008
4 Him:

you must be thoroughly deluded to think that christianity outside the RCC originated from Martin Luther only.
The corruption of the bible started with him. And you follow him blindly? Why?

4 Him:

you're just quoting anything like a man grasping at straws. Christ also said He came to send a sword on the earth . . . did you miss that one in your misguided quest for unity?
The unity Christ prayed for was a unity of mind ROOTED in the scriptures and focused on the heavenly calling not in the traditions of men.
Is this why you are hell bent on dividing the RCC? A biblical misquote?

4 Him:

your brother in blasphemy.
no wonder mu'slims love catholics. Birds of the same feather using the same accusations to seal their doom.
Once again, you gotta live with this. Notice that M'uslims and Catholics hate the gross disorder that protestants are known for.
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by 4Him1(m): 9:19pm On Apr 23, 2008
imhotep:

The corruption of the bible started with him. And you follow him blindly? Why?

there is no corruption of the bible. It exists in the minds of the adherents of the world's 2 largest cults of hell.

imhotep:

Is this why you are hell bent on dividing the RCC? A biblical misquote?

The judgement of the LovePeddler (RCC) is outlined in Revelations, i'm not bothered about dividing it.

imhotep:

Once again, you gotta live with this. Notice that M'uslims and Catholics hate the gross disorder that protestants are known for.

What mu'slims and catholics truely hate is not "gross disorder" but the very truth of Christ revealed.

Catholics it was who first tried to destroy the Jews, mu'slims have only recently taken over that task.
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 23, 2008
4 Him:

there is no corruption of the bible. It exists in the minds of the adherents of the world's 2 largest cults of hell.
ALL can see that 7 books are missing, except you. How blind do you want to be?

4 Him:

The judgement of the LovePeddler (RCC) is outlined in Revelations, i'm not bothered about dividing it.
Stop misquoting the beautiful book of revelations.

4 Him:

What mu'slims and catholics truely hate is not "gross disorder" but the very truth of Christ revealed.
Catholics defined and defended the Trinity and the hypostatic union of Christ beautifully. These are the very concepts of God and Christ that you carry about. Show me the word 'Trinity' in your bible.

4 Him:

Catholics it was who first tried to destroy the Jews, mu'slims have only recently taken over that task.
And the protestants in America are doing a beautiful job of destroying the m'uslims in the middle east. Not so?
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by AKO1(m): 9:26pm On Apr 23, 2008
4Him and Imhotep what is the essence of your dialogue?
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by JeSoul(f): 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2008
Cgift,
  sweetie, surely, thou is not suprised the pope is kissing the qorani?  kiss  cheesy didn't you know catholics and mooslims serve the same god?

catechism 841
The Church's relationship with the Mus'lims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Mus'lims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful god, mankind's judge on the last day."[330]

brotha Imhotep,
based on personal experience on these boards, I have complied a list of your answers to any and every question that is posed to you:

"go and figure out the 33,000 protestant sects"
  "luther deleted 7 books from the bible"
  "the catholic church will continue to grow and be organized"
  "(something something) hatred"
  "go and do your research . . . (insert vatican website here)"
 "go and sort out your tithe issues"
 "(post a quote from a martin something)"
  "*insert picture of the pope*"
               and many more I can't recall now.   grin   grin   grin
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by JeSoul(f): 9:30pm On Apr 23, 2008
A_K_O:

4Him and Imhotep what is the essence of your dialogue?

AKO, don't jump in front of a raging train grin
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by 4Him1(m): 9:31pm On Apr 23, 2008
imhotep:

ALL can see that 7 books are missing, except you. How blind do you want to be?

would i go to hell if i only got born again at 70 and thus didnt have the chance to read the books of Daniel?

imhotep:

Stop misquoting the beautiful book of revelations.

Rev 17. Read it, open ur eyes.

imhotep:

Catholics defined and defended the Trinity and the hypostatic union of Christ beautifully.

That is the job of the Holy Spirit. The early apostles did a fine job, they didnt need catholics to "define" their faith and defend it for them.

imhotep:

And the protestants in America are doing a beautiful job of destroying the m'uslims in the middle east. Not so?

Is Dick Cheney a protestant? Are they actually "destroying mus'lims in the middle east" or u're now buying into arab propaganda?
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by 4Him1(m): 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2008
[size=14pt]catechism 841
The Church's relationship with the Mus'lims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Mus'lims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful god, mankind's judge on the last day."[330][/size]

This is the very definition of CONFUSION and STRONG DELUSION.

How can mus'lims be part of the plan of salvation when they DENY the very foundation of that salvation (the death on the cross)?

How can they, who deny the LORDSHIP OF JESUS (calling Him but a prophet), be one with catholics who with their lips profess to worship Christ?
Re: The Pope Is Seen As A Celebrity In United States by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 23, 2008
4 Him:

would i go to hell if i only got born again at 70 and thus didnt have the chance to read the books of Daniel?
And you accuse catholics of not reading the bible!!

4 Him:

Rev 17. Read it, open your eyes.
Check your history. ALL those that have tried to interpret Revelations have failed woefully.

4 Him:

That is the job of the Holy Spirit. The early apostles did a fine job, they didnt need catholics to "define" their faith and defend it for them.
Please check here =>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity . Stop being ignorant of history. Yes, the Holy Spirit, with the Catholic Church defined and defended the Trinity and the Hypostatic union of Christ.

4 Him:

Is Dick Cheney a protestant? Are they actually "destroying mus'lims in the middle east" or u're now buying into arab propaganda?
Dick Cheney is not the commander in chief.
If the killing of over 800,000 iraqis is not destruction, then what is it? Please tell me.

(1) (2) (3)

'Your Life Will Never Remain The Same' What Does It Mean? / God Of Miracles Na My Papa O / A Queen In Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.