Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,302 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo (1371 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala Dancing To Psquare's 'Chop My Money' - Video / Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 / Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by HARDEYLEKE(m): 10:41pm On May 02, 2013
[center][/center]

The cold war between former President Olusegun Obasanjo and the Goodluck Jonathan Administration has been resurrected again. The process started on Sunday at a thanksgiving service held in honour of a former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili, in Abuja.

At the service that had many eminent Nigerians in attendance, Obasanjo said if the Goodluck Jonathan administration was keen on probing his government, it should come after him instead of using style to go after great men and woman who served under him.

Speaking on the chop chop nature of the Jonathan-led government...
Obasanjo flayed plans to set up a pipeline protection agency, saying it is another avenue for corruption.

Obasanjo said: “I have always said this, whatever you want to blame in my government, blame me; don’t blame any of those people who assisted me. If there is any credit to dispense, we share it. But for anything you want to say is wrong, I was the one in charge and I was in charge.”

Obasanjo, whose comments were necessitated by the war of words between Ezekwesili, and the Presidency over the $67bn the Jonathan administration inherited from his government, said he had absolute trust in those that worked under him, especially as ministers.

He continued, “Actually those who wanted to probe you (Ezekwesili), you should have asked them to go ahead because if they are honest, they would find out that the government should give you money for what you have done for this country without stealing money.”

Condemning the way Jonathan give the job of security agency's to his brothers, who are ex-militants, Obasanjo added that: “This (Sunday) morning, I was travelling from Abeokuta and I was listening to a radio station when I heard that they (government) are going to set up an agency for pipeline protection. Now, what are the police for? What are all the security agencies that we have doing? This is another chop chop."

Source: Olofofovillage
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by CROWE: 10:53pm On May 02, 2013
Someone plug its mouth with a banana already.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by naijabigfish: 11:25pm On May 02, 2013
CROWÉ: Someone plug its mouth with a banana already.
Are you Jonathan Goodluck's sumpathizer? Obsanjo's right about Jonathan's administration.
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by CROWE: 11:41pm On May 02, 2013
naijabigfish: Are you Jonathan Goodluck's sumpathizer? Obsanjo's right about Jonathan's administration.

The idea that Obasanjo's administration was cleaner is absurd, it is a classic example of the pot calling kettle black, also it is not the police job to protect pipelines, if you want to get someone to do something so specific and wide spread like that you need a specialized branch, common sense dictates that. The police cannot even do the job they already have properly then you go and heap pipeline security on them? OBJ is not wrong to say GEJ's administration is corrupt but certainly not from his high horse, his administration was easily as bad.
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 02, 2013
grin "chop chop" I think say na only Cassava Bread them dey chop abi they don dey chop Isiewu and Ngwobi too for Aso Rock cafeteria OBJ me I go like Drink Drink Government o becox I love Alomo Bitters die. Do not be deceived,Baba made a hand gesture of 2 terms for GEJ during the PDP presidential primaries for 2011 election, father and son are the one so my people what you are seeing now is a well written script. Baba and GEj no dey quarrel o
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by AK481(m): 12:00am On May 03, 2013
Gej destiny is to bankrupt nigeria with the active conaivance of "her" husband patience.patience is a world known kleptomanic who was caught severally with millions of pounds by efcc during ribadu's era,bt whoever introduced gej to nigerians as vp did a great diservice to nigerians.
Dats all I av to say.
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:05am On May 03, 2013
AK 48: Gej destiny is to bankrupt nigeria with the active conaivance of "her" husband patience.patience is a world known kleptomanic who was caught severally with millions of pounds by efcc during ribadu's era,bt whoever introduced gej to nigerians as vp did a great diservice to nigerians.
Dats all I av to say.
so you're blaming Pa Obasanjo for blessing us with GEJ
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by koruji(m): 12:44am On May 03, 2013
Uncle GEJ thinks he is wiser than everybody. I remember telling Beaf that of all the bumblings by GEJ the employment of militants to patrol our coastal waters is a big taboo. It is just too obvious that someone is trying to raise an army for himself, and to think all the other nationalities within Nigeria are mugu is to overrate your power.

HARDEYLEKE:
Condemning the way Jonathan give the job of security agency's to his brothers, who are ex-militants, Obasanjo added that: “This (Sunday) morning, I was travelling from Abeokuta and I was listening to a radio station when I heard that they (government) are going to set up an agency for pipeline protection. Now, what are the police for? What are all the security agencies that we have doing? This is another chop chop."
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:50am On May 03, 2013
Primary and sec. School Teachers,principals,local govt. & state govt. secretariat workers who constituted more than half of the civil servants in Nigeria used to live in abject poverty for decades until the era of Obasanjo(1999).I've always credited that 'BABA' for that.no president in the history of Nigeria ever did that(increment abt 6x).the huge increment of salary he did since then added to the rate at which towns develop because civil servants began to build houses,(local contractors)bricklayer,carpenters made their own money.let's be sincere.since that time.education had more value since then.everyone want their children to school so as be like the civil servants who were once mocked for patching their clothes.evry1 began to enroll for part time NCE/degree.though.....he had some inadequacies in his gorverment during his time but for the increment(about 6/x,ah,ah,ilopo mefa).he'll never be forgotten...

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by musiwa25: 2:27am On May 03, 2013
Look there is noway, at this point that someone from the east can be president or vice president. since Goodluck Jonathan comes from the east. And 2007 to 2013..

Is already 8 years of the east. How is it possible to now have people from the issue again. I think. we all need to be fair to other nigerian. Do you expect the west to give the east its birthright. the answer is No. Goodluck is using the east birthright.

Ezekwesili was not sincere dealing on some issue and u can see the number of people murdered. her friend advised wrongly on the issue of nigeria base on Ezekwesili i assumed advised. against what i advised.. and you can see how many people dead already. and many more people will die based on this wrong advise she gave. 80 million women will be raped.

i do not advise wrongly. i let God judge me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El-O37TNIm4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts8gAMfTQ5E
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by RickyRoss1(m): 5:15am On May 03, 2013
Obasanjo should just shut the fuuuk up, he is by far the greediest and most corrupt Nigerian president ever.
He is also the UGLIEST Nigerian president ever.

On power alone he stole 18 billion US Dollars without generating a single kilowat. During his tenure oil prices were record high, there was no boko haram, that was our best opportunity to move this country forward. Rather, this greedy man started looting recklessly and later set up EFCC to go after anyone that is against his government.

In sane lands OBJ will spend at least 20 years in jail, but this is Nigeria which is why the goat has the guts to be making noise here and there.
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by Temismith(f): 6:19am On May 03, 2013
Babaa iyabo should go and rest. Which government wasnt about chop chop
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by baynix(m): 6:57am On May 03, 2013
OBJ vs GEJ

Battle Of The Finest!! grin grin
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by 9jii(m): 7:52am On May 03, 2013
Since he was elected in 1999

I swear to God I don't knw he was like dis b4 I put him there.
So sorry Nigerians.from now on I ll dedicate my life in doin good work n fighting this chop chop govt.
Re: President Jonathan's Government Is All About 'chop Chop' - Obasanjo by vizboy(m): 10:20am On May 03, 2013
HARDEYLEKE: [center][/center]

The cold war between former President Olusegun Obasanjo and the Goodluck Jonathan Administration has been resurrected again. The process started on Sunday at a thanksgiving service held in honour of a former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili, in Abuja.

At the service that had many eminent Nigerians in attendance, Obasanjo said if the Goodluck Jonathan administration was keen on probing his government, it should come after him instead of using style to go after great men and woman who served under him.

Speaking on the chop chop nature of the Jonathan-led government...
Obasanjo flayed plans to set up a pipeline protection agency, saying it is another avenue for corruption.

Obasanjo said: “I have always said this, whatever you want to blame in my government, blame me; don’t blame any of those people who assisted me. If there is any credit to dispense, we share it. But for anything you want to say is wrong, I was the one in charge and I was in charge.”

Obasanjo, whose comments were necessitated by the war of words between Ezekwesili, and the Presidency over the $67bn the Jonathan administration inherited from his government, said he had absolute trust in those that worked under him, especially as ministers.

He continued, “Actually those who wanted to probe you (Ezekwesili), you should have asked them to go ahead because if they are honest, they would find out that the government should give you money for what you have done for this country without stealing money.”

LMAO

POT CALLING KETTLE BLACK

(1) (Reply)

Imminent Nigerian Revolution / Whose Interest Is Gov Peter Obi Serving? / Killing Is Going On In Jos Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.