Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) (8878 Views)

The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) / Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) / More Than A Friend (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 2:35am On Dec 24, 2015
After a pretty long delay and promise, I finally came up with the long awaited part two of my previous story More Than A Friend.

One thing is certain and sure, I guarantee you that at least a scene will put a smile on your face which is absolutely my objective for now. Relax as you enjoy every part of the story and find out what finally ends the love between Deborah and Henry.

This story originally belongs to the author, Olasunkanmi Opeyemi Ajibola. The title, thoughts, characters, settings, slangs, quotes and all its contents are properties of the author. No part of this story, either in parts or in whole should be reproduced, sold in any format; electronic or otherwise without permission from the author.

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 2:35am On Dec 24, 2015
Now that the food is ready, I can honourably call my e-folks;

Onihaxy cool

YoungestMuller smiley

AdemolaDeji smiley

Horlabode tongue

My sis in the Lord cheesy VeroVera wink

PastorAji

PsalmWise

RitaBabe

Tolajumoke

Aipete2

Eraly undecided

Oyind17 (see moniker like yahoo password) grin

KingPhilip

Vonn

CherryBrown

BeeBeeOoh

WristBangles

Tosyne2much

To avoid being banned by the Nairaland robot, I wont be able to mention many monikers in a post, kindly mention your friends. Thanks

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 2:35am On Dec 24, 2015
PROLOGUE

After the conversation, I changed my online presence to "away" and dropped my phone, different thoughts were on my mind to the extent that I didn't know when I began to say them out (not very loud)

"See as this girl clear road for me finish, con dey describe how I go take follow am"

"But e be like say na now she spoil everything o. Hmmmmmm... If I later woo her, wont it sound like it's because of what she said tonight?... Can we even date and enjoy the relationship with this distance? Odidi Anambra..."

"Wait o, this is November, she'll clock 21 by May while I'll be 20, she's older than me... ah! Another barrier... But, she said age is just number... hmmmmmm is such relationship possible?..."

I picked up my phone and messaged David about it immediately on 2go, He responded after some minutes;

I: Ah: 12:30am! You still dey 2go! Even when your presence is showing offline, you still replied.

David: Omo, na ghost mode sure pass o, I don tell my girlfriend "goodnight" but I still dey enjoy my conversation with this babe like (Mofedaku)

I: Lol...you be candidate for hell. Now, what do you say to what I messaged you about Cynthia?

David: Bro, make I no lie give you, it's either you get this girl or you miss heaven o.

I: Ah! E never reach that na, wetin concern the babe concern heaven na? You wan start Abi?

David: You self see how the babe explain what you should do to you with formulae (green green green)

I: David! You know all this one and you wan know book join, for where? Abeg, wetin be formulae green green green again?

David: You be "Ote", imagine the traffic lights having those 3 light to be green, is that not "go" all the time? Wake up Bro. Tactically approach this girl or you give me her username and her soul shall be saved.

I: Lol. No try am. Enemy of progress. Thanks anyway, trust me, ama gist you later. Continue your chat with the Olosho.

David: Na so, if I dont preach Jesus, who will? Lol

I: Indeed! You're preaching Jesus. Bye joo

I ended the chat with David and slept off.

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 3:13am On Dec 24, 2015
ONE

"Henry, let's go and watch Chelsea match na, Torres Don score for una" Kendo said from downstairs, I was in my room upstairs playing game (FIFA 12) on my system.

"Guy, you don't mean it! Chelsea, scored a goal against Munich that flogged the Almighty Barcelona 7:0, you must be joking, you don't even know how to lie, can Torres score" I asked rhetorically as I responded doubtfully.
I saved my current stage on FIFA 12, grabbed my TECNO P3 to check livescores.com, page was still loading, I switched my system off, stood up and took my Napoli Jersey (shirt) on Chelsea knickers. I was good to go, about locking my door "Henry! You dey rub powder? E be like say you go meet me there o" Kendo roared again.

"Oga, take chill pill na, maa no lock door?" I responded. I locked my door with anxiety and began to search for my slippers, "somebody must have worn it" I uttered. I went straight to Faith's room entrance (my neighbour), she was not around, I just wore her slippers and rushed downstairs, I checked my phone's screed "O boy! No be lie o, Torres Don score o" I uttered happily, "but I don't think Chelsea can win this super cup" I concluded.

Kendo: Na everybody go dey lie like you abi? Let's go joo.
I got downstairs and met not only Kendo but also Jectives, and Lola. The four of us did stay in the same house then Jectives and Lola were staying downstairs while Kendo and I were upstairs. We were all in 400level at Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta FUNAAB studying different courses.

I was shocked seeing Lola and Jectives with Kendo also waiting for me, "how far na, I thought two of you went out before" I said, pointing to Jectives and Lola.

Lola: Abeg, leave story, let's go.
On our way;

I: Nawa for this Lola self, I dey wonder which kind female you be self, always act like male and dwell around them, if not for βreats self I for say na P You get under there. tomboy.

Lola: Na you sabi.

Jectives: Bobo (referring to me), I hope say you carry money, na only N100 dey my pocket o. (Jokingly)

I: You dey craze, wetin you con mean, I fit pay for you self but I no go pay. Itiod.
We laughed, Kendo's phone began to ring, he picked up;

Kendo: Hello my heartbeat
(We lowered our voices as we continued our discussion)

Meanwhile, I was actually paying total attention to Kendo's conversation even though I was not hearing the caller's voice.

Kendo: It was my battery, it went off this afternoon as we were chatting the other time. Am sorry dear.

Kendo: I collected my phone back around 4:30pm

Kendo: Don't worry love, am on my way to viewing center. Just 2 hours and I want to cook when I come back.

Kendo: Alright baby, (smiling)

Kendo: I love you more. (Kissed the phone and hanged up)

Lola: (clears throat) lover boy (smiling)

Kendo: Hater girl (laughs)

Jectives: If someone that's single stays around you, you'll kill the person with all these your "lovy-dovy" life. (Jectives pointed to me as they all laughed)

I pretended as if I was listening to a song through my earpiece, Lola moved closer to me and checked if I was truly listening to anything.

Lola: Yepa!!! Pretender!

I: (laughing)

Lola: You wont believe that he has been pretending to be listening to music but busy enjoying Kendo's conversation on phone. This guy ehn!

I: It's like they sent you to me, if e dey pain you say I no get girlfriend, date me na.

Jectives: Mad goat, upon all the ladies around you, and almost all of them like you, you cant tell me that you've not seen the one you can date.

I: (I was shaking my head rhythmically as if I was dancing to song.)

Kendo: Leave this guy alone, flirting is his calling, so he does not want to cheat on anybody that's why he's single.

I: (lol) I swear you no well.

I: Guys, like seriously now, is not that I don't feel like dating, is just that I'm tired of breaking up after 2 years (highest)

Kendo: 2 years?

Jectives: Ah! I've never dated for up to 2 years before o, highest was 1 year 8 months.

I: You see now, that is what fed me up, why should I keep transferring my emotions every two years? It's not the matter of wooing lady, that's never my problem, besides, I know those who are already interested, they can just form for a week before telling me agreeing to date me. I just want myself single for now and am not complaining

Lola: Hmmmmm you're making some sense, the longest I've ever dated too was 2 years and a month. But I think you should work on what causes your breakups and solve it instead.

I: See, in my life, it was only a relationship with one lady like that, that the breakup came from me, others would just come up with unreasonable excuses and I cant force myself into anybody when I'm not getting married tomorrow (they all smiled)

Jectives: But guy, if you wan bleep nko? How you wan take do am as you no say Konji na killer. (Lol)

I: Ehn, Lola is here na. (I ran forward as she wanted to hit me. We all laughed)

I: I have concluded that my next dating will be a year to my wedding.
They laughed and Kendo quickly enquired;

Kendo: Haba! How is that possible?

I: Nice question, when I'm through here, I'll serve for a year, get a nice job and gather enough money, when I'm ready for marriage I'll start searching for marriageable lady and when we date for 6 months and I'm satisfied with her character, I'll propose and marry in the next some months.
They all clapped and laughed

Kendo: Henry, the way you think ehn! I pray things go the way you want it.

I: Amen o. Bishop (lol)

Jectives: But find a lady for refreshment na. (Lol)

I: You no hear say Lola dey here.
"Paaa!" I received a slap from Lola. "God punish your d*ck"! We all laughed

In the next two minutes we entered the viewing center, we met the match 47th minute 1:1 second halftime, we paid N50 each excluding Lola, the owner of the center doesn't collect money from females.
The match was very interesting but didn't favour Chelsea as we lost on penalty shootout after 2:2 draw AET. I was not that happy as I returned home that day, neither was I really sad but I felt the loss as a true and gallant Chelsea FC supporter.

T.B.C

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 3:25am On Dec 24, 2015
TWO

I entered my room around 08:30pm, I was somehow tired due to the trekking from the viewing center back home, I was still thinking of the next thing to do when the PHCN restored the electricity, I was happy, I rushed to plug my system and phones, I switched on the socket which cooker was plugged in and put the pot of beans I cooked in the day on it, I plugged pressing iron in order to iron the clothes I would be wearing the next day. I ironed a sky-blue shirt and a pair of black trousers, I was done with everything? I grabbed my phone and I entered YouTube to download the highlights of the Chelsea match, the network was not encouraging, I got 2go message from my friend (Lillian), I was about to log in to 2go when the network totally went off, "gosh! And I don't have data on my GLO SIM!" I said and dropped my phone.

Kendo knocked and came into the room without waiting to hear "come in"

I: Only God knows the village you're from.

Kendo: Oga, wey your system? I wan play zuma.

I: (lol) itiod, na wetin I dey follow you talk be that?

Kendo: Ogbeni, leave "come in" alone, na me fumble na, I for no knock at all, as I know say you no get girlfriend (lol)

I: Chai! God punish you on my behalf. That's my system (pointing to it), if you unlock it I'll give you N500.

Kendo: Were Don change password, come and unlock this thing abeg.

I stood up and unlocked the system for Kendo, he started playing his favourite game while my past relationships slipped into my mind.
***flashback***

Immediately I finished my secondary school then, Deborah and I were just acting like lovers, we weren't dating, so I had no girlfriend. The SS2 girl (Suliyat) that became extremely nice to me overnight when I was in SS3 was now in SS3, she looked prettier when she started plaiting her hair in SS3. I thought she would desist from me when I left the school but the reverse was the case, I would go to her house to teach her Physics and Maths, she would seduce as much as she could, at first I would not respond to her boring seductions but she would not give up, later on, there was a night when we have already done the little we could do on Physics, I was requesting for her Maths textbook, the next thing she did was, she placed her hand on my lap and began to caress it slowly and rhythmically, my "down-below" responded to the seductive touch, she felt the movement and knew that the move got me, I opted in for her lips without wasting time, we grabbed each other and I must confess, this girl was an ultimate kisser, she was handling my lips as if her life depended on it, we were sitting on one abandoned cushion chair in their backyard while her grandma and her mom were sitting outside, the backyard door was just closed but not locked which means anybody could enter, the kissing, touching, smooching and caressing continued, I didn't know when I changed position, I just found myself sitting on the chair facing her (like I was sitting on her laps), she was resting her back on the chair in an obtuse angle while the chemistry was still flowing, I was not even scared that anybody could come to the backyard, I was so h⊙rny about to reach cloud 6, I noticed she shifted her left hand from my back and loosed my belt, I was so ar●used that I did not notice when she pulled her short gown up and left her thigh which I was resting on, bare, probably she was putting on ordinary pant, she unhooked my knickers and wanted to advance her move, I paused the kiss, held her hand and... and... and... and
***fast forward***

I got home and began to blame myself, "why should I tell her that I love her? I should not have responded when she said it, even the gods know that I don't love her... what's my own self, she wanted what happened and I gave her, I'm not at fault joo, but the statement 'I love you too' shouldn't have come out of my mouth, anyway, it was a slip of tongue under the influence of 'romancohol' (the alcoholic part of romance). But what if they caught us? Yeh!!! I would have been a 'gonner' by now, thank God sha"

I was still sitting outside our house and thinking when message entered my phone, I checked the sender and it was the girl, "Mtshwww" I hissed and opened to read the content, the message read "Henry mi (my Henry), thanks for showing me exactly how you feel to me tonight, without you....." I kept hissing at every statement as I scrolled to the end to read the last paragraph "...I love you so much" I hissed again and responded in my mind "I love YouTube". I deleted the message and went inside with my innocent face.

The next night, I got a message from her again, "hello baby, you forgot you second Nokia battery here last night come and pick it" I rushed in to check my battery, "oh! I forgot that battery sha!" I said and rushed out without telling anybody where I was going, she was happy when I got there, she delayed the battery and we discussed for a while, it continued like that for the next two weeks and I began to cope I would reply her "I love you" freely with smile, my going there became everyday and her mom began to suspect something fishy, we changed venue and continued.

After 3 months in this complicated relationship, I got tired because I was satisfied and had maximized my utility, later I lied to her that my mom found out about our relationship and she said if I don't quit it that means I've stopped my education. She cried uncontrollably that night we broke up, that was the night I confirmed she was a virgin

I met her VIRGIN. I left her VIRGIN,

T.B.C
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 3:42am On Dec 24, 2015
THREE

***flashback continues***

Around July 2009 I met a girl on GLO-CONNECT, a chatting media that allowed conversation without internet connection but only free text messages through a short code provided then (3229 or so). Her name is Peace, the day I requested for her surname she puzzled it to me and told me to arrange it, I could not do because it is not a familiar name, she forgot to tell me either, she asked for my Facebook ID but unfortunately I was not on Facebook then, the friendship between this girl and I was like that of fuel and car, starting from January 2010 her number stopped going, it would always respond "switched off" and that's how we lost contact.

After my secondary school, I registered a Facebook account in purpose of searching for my friend Peace, I searched for the name Peace on Facebook search engine which I got numerous suggestions, I began to add Peace until I was tired of adding Peace as friend, I messaged all of them why I added them, who I was searching for, how we met and how we lost contact, some of them replied well while some of them snubbed, some responded with annoying statements. The next day, I got a call from a new number;

Caller: Hello, good morning.

I: Hi, good morning, who am I speaking with?

Caller: My name is Peace, I got your message on Facebook.

I: (happy) wow! So, are you the one?

Peace: "Ti o ba je wipe emi ni nko?" what if I'm the one?

I: Oh! You're not the person I'm searching for, the Peace does not understand Yoruba at all not to talk of speaking Egba. Anyway, nice meeting you.

Peace: (laughs) you're funny sir. That's my number, you can save it. Bye. ***hanged up***

I: Nawa o, see how this one dey chew Egba for me, if I no cut in before, she for say she be original Peace o. "Ti o ba je emi ni nko?" I mimicked her Egba ascent.

Peace would call me everyday and always have what to say, later I would make sure I called her before she does, we became friends O.T.A (Over The Air), we would have night calls from 12:30am to 14:30am almost everyday, she told me she is a footballer, where she was staying in Abeokuta, and many other things about her, I told her some things about me too but I kept many till we meet, it got to a time that she would always say I should make her happy whenever we wanted to end our night call conversation.

One day, I told her that I love her, she responded "are you sure?"

I: Yes of course which you already know. Don't ask me how because I don't know too, I just found myself loving you... (the sweet talk continued)

Peace: I will give you response in the midnight.
We ended the conversation. It's not that I so much love Peace, I just felt like I should be dating someone online and since she has switched on her green light, her case wouldn't give me much problem. The next midnight after some gist and laughs;

I: So, what about what I told you?

Peace: That's what I was about to say. Henry, you always make me happy, whenever I'm with you on phone you make me feel like we're together, if I say I don't love you, then I'm just deceiving myself, but won't you later break my heart

I: (smiles) No guy will ever tell you that he will later break your heart my dear, as for me anyway I promise you I wont, I'm not the kind of guy, cheating is not in my dictionary, trust me and give me an opportunity.

Peace: Hmmmmm Henry, I love you too... I give my heart to you, please don't hurt it.

I: (happy, not extremely) wow! You're welcome to my heart.
I sang one (Late Kaffy's song) for her titled "You're Beautiful"
"
I appreciate all the gift of you in my life...
I'm really grateful to have you by my side...
I enjoy how you take my hands of my troubles...
Every of the day my love for you just like double...
'Cos you do anything to put the smile on my face...
You're one in a million no one can take your place...
I'm feeling like I'm on top of the world...
I like how you kill me exactly with your love...
"

She was smiling and laughing as I was singing with my vibrating and cracked voice, though I had a fine voice then because I was a chorister and we used to train our voices but due to the fact that it was midnight, my voice was not really encouraging. The conversation went on emotionally sweet that midnight as we began to date officially.

When we ended the call around 4:25am I began to think;

"Is this how simple it is to woo a girl?"
"I declared the love yesterday, she accepted today with ease"
"Am I an expert at this or is because she already loves me?"
"O boy! I'm getting 'baddoer' than before o"
"Nice one Henry" I ended by hailing myself.

I relocated to Sango-Ota. Staying with my sister was not that easy especially then that she was pregnant, I relocated to her place purposely to be helping her, I didn't have time to chat very well again, I would receive calls secretly and my phone was always on vibration, Peace came to Sango for one inter-club match, we could not see each other as per "get inside boy", I was processing my admission into FUNNAB that was when I met Kendo because we both stayed at Sango.

One day we were to go for one thing in the school, I told Kendo about Peace and we decided to go to her place from school. I called her and she told me where we would wait for her, Kendo and I took a cab from Camp to Panseke and trekked towards Mercy road according to her description, she said we should wait at the front of Adesba hotel, as per sharp guys, we concluded to stay somewhere far away from the hotel (Explode Bar), as we were watching the hotel in case she was an handicap, I called her to let her know we were there already, in the next 3 minutes a bike stopped and a lady jumped down at the front of the hotel

I: Kendo see, is that not the girl? (Pointing to the direction)

Kendo: You mean that guy in AC Milan Jersey and black trousers?

I: That's a lady na, it's because the breasts ain't really showing, somehow flat, you know she said she's a footballer.

Kendo: Jesu!!! Hahahahahahahaha..... you wont kill me with laugh o, na your girlfriend be that? O boy you be gay o, see the guy you dey call girl na, (continued to laugh)

I: You no well.

We were moving towards her, I signaled to her as she was looking around, she saw us and began to come closer.

I: O boy! This one na Mikel o, see how she dey waka like midfielder, I Don die.

We met, she had a handshake with Kendo, Kendo excused us, Peace and I kept smiling for like 1 minute without uttering a word, later we hugged and talked for a while, I asked if her house was far and from that place may be we could go together, she told me it is not too far but she was heading to somewhere at that moment, we chitchatted for like five minutes more before we rounded up, she stopped a bike and off, we departed. I laughed when she left, I saw Kendo too laughing where he was standing.

Kendo: Bro, your guy fine small o.

I: (lol) you dey craze, na guy be that? (Lol)

We asked one guy where we could see Sango bus, he directed us to June-12 motor park, we got there and off to Sango.

T.B.C
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by ritababe(f): 4:26am On Dec 24, 2015
Yinks89
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by tosyne2much(m): 8:27am On Dec 24, 2015
OP, abeg continue jawe cool
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 9:50am On Dec 24, 2015
Your comments in term of corrections, observations and the likes shall be appreciated. "Nobody is perfect"
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 10:02am On Dec 24, 2015
FOUR

***Flashback Continues***

I called Peace when I was about to get home, to notify her that I was at home, the first thing she asked was "do you like what you saw?" I smiled and responded "yes I do", she felt glad and told me she liked me as well, "you look exactly the way your pictures are on Facebook and the same way you chat, that's how you talked to me today" she added, we talked for one more minute before I ended the call as I got to the gate.

I was chatting on 2go in the night, Lillian was not online, Peace's phone was off, I quickly entered wrestling-room on 2go to discuss wrestling, I noticed there was this person that would always go against anything I said in that wrestling room that night, I added the username and sent him/her "hi", to my my greatest surprise it was a female, "Kwhat!!! You be girl?" That was my second message to her, she smiled and told me her name is Cynthia, "is it not possible to find a female in wrestling room?" She asked, "maybe it's possible, but I was not expecting any feminine gender there" I responded, "you just found one anyway..." she said as we continued to argue about CMP and John Cena.

Within three days, I got to know that Cynthia is a great talkative, very inquisitive, she loves arguing, she's intelligent and wise, she is lively to chat with and her English is error-free. We later became good friends online and got to know each other's ages, lo and behold she's a year older than I'm.

Cynthia and I got used to each other within a month, I had less time for Peace during that period, I so much "love" Cynthia because she was not the boring type at all, she would always lead the conversation whenever we wanted to chat, she was not the "k" type, she knows how to initiate good chat on interesting topics. To date Cynthia was never in my mind due to the age barrier, I concluded it was a no-go area...... I finally resumed school, only Kendo was my friend as at then, I would call Peace to come to my place, we'd chitchat, joke, played and so on, as time went on, the call rate between Peace and I began to reduce, I didn't offend her and neither did she do, it seemed we've both maximized our utilities, my friendship with Cynthia was getting stronger that I could not do a day without hearing from her twice, Cynthia is from Anambra but was staying in Lagos state, she was processing admission into ANSU then, she passed both UTME and PUTME but her name was not shortlisted... later Peace and I stopped calling each other while Cynthia and I were getting closer day by day, Cynthia told me she broke up with her ex boyfriend just because he requested for s3x and she denied him of it, she told me "she is a virgin", it got to a time that we would end our conversation in the midnight with "I love you" from both parties (jokingly though).

My longest online conversation was with Cynthia, there was a day when I was still at Sango, we started the chat from around 7pm and we ended it something closer to 5:30 am in the morning the next day, the two times I paused to attend to something else was when we were cooking/when I was eating and when we wanted to pray before going to bed, it was never boring with Cynthia, we would talk about lifestyle, celebrities, wrestling, Nigeria, s3x, football, love, etc.

There was this night that our conversation was diverted to the issue of "ladies wooing guys", she strictly went against it;

I: Cynthy, do you know that some ladies woo guys these days?

Cynthia: That's dawn crazy you know, you too imagine it now, how do they say it comfortably? Can you date a lady that wooed you?

I: Why not? If I like her as well and if am satisfied with her character what else should I wait for, "bird wants to fly, the tree it was standing on breaks/falls" that's to make flying faster/quicker. I will wholeheartedly date her without taking her for granted.

Cynthia: Hmmmmmm... sugarcoated mouth don start, anyway, if am crazily in love with him, the last I'll do is to make him woo me by all possible means, and we ladies have the strategies we use. #wink

I: Which I can say with the whole mouth that I know very well, the strategies. #wink wink

Cynthia: Lol. Mr know it all, oya start to dey tell me naw

I: Lol. Let me keep it for security reasons.

Cynthia: Lol. Yeye boy. Sit down there and be waiting for that lady that'll woo you, you'll grow old being single. Lol

I: Lol. You no well.

Cynthia: As for me, I cant woo anybody, not even you.

I: Hmmmmmm...

Cynthia: Yea, that's the fact, it's no more hidden that I so much like you, that's normal and the law of attraction proves that. Even though I wish to have a boyfriend like you that'll always make me happy care for me all the time, and be my friend and lover.

I: (forming crying emojie) It's paining me I cant be. (Crying emojie)

Cynthia: Why cant you be? Age is number, love matters. See let's abandon this conversation but have it at the back of your mind that for Cynthia to open her mouth or type with her fingers and woo any guy, it's a NO! NO! NO! not even you!

I: (confused and silent)

Cynthia: (after some minutes of silence) I'm sorry, I cant chat again tonight, goodnight, sleep fine.

I: Alright goodnight.

After the conversation, I changed my online presence to "away" and dropped my phone, different thoughts were on my mind to the extent that I didn't know when I began to say them out (not very loud)

"See as this girl clear road for me finish, con dey describe how I go take follow am"

"But e be like say na now she spoil everything o. Hmmmmmm... If I later woo her, wont it sound like it's because of what she said tonight?... Can we even date and enjoy the relationship with this distance? Odidi Anambra..."

"Wait o, this is November, she'll clock 21 by May while I'll be 20, she's older than me... ah! Another barrier... But, she said age is just number... hmmmmmm is such relationship possible?..."

I picked up my phone and messaged David about it immediately on 2go, He responded after some minutes;

I: Ah: 12:30am! You still dey 2go! Even when your presence is showing offline, you still replied.

David: Omo, na ghost mode sure pass o, I don tell my girlfriend "goodnight" but I still dey enjoy my conversation with this babe like (Mofedaku)

I: Lol...you be candidate for hell. Now, what do you say to what I messaged you about Cynthia?

David: Bro, make I no lie give you, it's either you get this girl or you miss heaven o.

I: Ah! E never reach that na, wetin concern the babe concern heaven na? You wan start Abi?

David: You self see how the babe explain what you should do to you with formulae (green green green)

I: David! You know all this one and you wan know book join, for where? Abeg, wetin be formulae green green green again?

David: You be "Ote", imagine the traffic lights having those 3 light to be green, is that not "go" all the time? Wake up Bro. Tactically approach this girl or you give me her username and her soul shall be saved.

I: Lol. No try am. Enemy of progress. Thanks anyway, trust me, ama gist you later. Continue your chat with the Olosho.

David: Na so, if I dont preach Jesus, who will? Lol

I: Indeed! You're preaching Jesus. Bye joo

I ended the chat with David and slept off.

T.B.C

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 10:12am On Dec 24, 2015
FIVE

The next day, Cynthia and I chatted as usual but we were both avoiding the topics, love, date, and the likes for about a week, our chat was about funny incidents, arguments and little football. There was a night during the second week, our conversation was getting hotter and one thing led to the other, I ended up wooing Cynthia officially... she told me that I should be expecting 40% positive and 60% negative response in the next a week, I was like "e don happen", our chat throughout that week was not stable that much since a string has been attached.

The first day of the followed week which was Monday, Cynthia called me in the morning to break the good news - she has accepted... I was not that astonished it didn't look so real to me as we've not met in person before and the distance may be hazardous to the relationship... the dating continued, I informed David about it, I was in school and she was still at home, she would send me card almost every week, most of my friends knew that I was dating Cynthia that I met on 2go whom I've not met physically, we would always fantasize kissing and romance, school didn't allow me to travel to see her, her parents would not allow her to come over, the relationship continued and lasted for 10 months until "this night" on 2go;

Cynthia: Hi prince

I: Hello dearest, are you through with cooking?

Cynthia: Yea, I've eaten self. Lol, sorry you were not invited.

I: (smiles) That's not a problem dear provided you're the one that ate mine.

Cynthia: Henry, I've something I want us to discuss.

I: Let the cat out of the bag dear.

Cynthia: Hmmmmmm where do you think this our relationship is heading to?

I: Hmmmmmm... what a question; actually I cant see the future from the present and to predict it seems difficult to me.

Cynthia: Hmmmmmm to me, I've thought of it and arrived at "the relationship seems going nowhere" due to some factors I'm considering.

Cynthia: Even though we've never met, I find it difficult to cheat on you, I love you purely but I always feel like crying any time I have the feeling that we're going to no where with this relationship.

Cynthia: Number 1, and which is the head of all, I'm older than you, the time I'll be getting married you may still be studying in school, I'm sorry Henry, I'm not seeing you as my future partner. Secondly, I've promised myself not to marry outside my church, you're not a Catholic member Henry.. I'm sorry.

I: Hmmmmmm you were faster if not I would be the one to tell you this.

Cynthia: Really!!!?

I: Yea, I've thought of something like this several times but I always concluded that "let's see what future brings". And also, to leave you has been my concern, but I have to do, so that you'll meet your future partner...

Cynthia: ...someone that'll be like you (crying emojie)

I: (crying) Cynthy, so this is how we're going to end it?... I will miss you a lot my love.

Cynthia: (crying emojie) I will miss you too Henry.

I: You know what, I cant stand you, uploading a guy's picture after some months now as your new boyfriend, so I'm sorry I'll have to remove you on 2go and we can be calling each other later in future. I love you so much, please watch the guy you date next.

Cynthia: I love you more darling, (crying) please dont rush in love so that you wont be hurt so bad. Take good care of yourself, you can remove me from there, I cant do that here. (Crying)

I was holding my phone while tears were dropping, Kendo waked in and found out I was not responding to all he was saying, he came closer, collected my phone and read some of the chat with Cynthia;

Kendo: Kwhat!!! See official breakup.... this una breakup is f***ing official mhen! So na why you dey cry be that? Faithfulness!!! Come and see Henry's crying mouth.

I snatched my phone from him, removed Cynthia and pressed red key, when Faith came into my room, Kendo explained all he read and why I was in tears... they continued talking and later I got lost in the land of dream.

T.B.C

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 10:27am On Dec 24, 2015
SIX

During my second semester in 100L, a general course combined a girl named Grace in marketing department and I together. Grace was a very nice and decent girl as I noticed, she was the free type and she could talk to anybody, anywhere, she was the hi-hi friend to me, sometimes we'd talk for a while before or after the general course, she was very free and friendly, Kendo was dating a girl in Business Admin department, her name is Grace as well, "what if I'm dating this Grace?" I asked myself, I began to find ways I could get her number, there was this day after the class, I was extremely weak that evening due to the stress in the day during the classes, I could not wait for anybody, immediately after the class I just carried my bag approaching the school gate, a tiny voice called my name from behind;

Voice: Henry! Henry!

I: (looked back) Oh Grace, what's up?

Grace: I'm fine, thank you. Please, do you have Mr Kunle's phone number (Mr Kunle is a lecturer in my department). I think you should have.

I: Errm... Yea, I do. But it's not saved on my phone right now, I wrote at at the back of a note at home. Hope no problem.

Grace: No problem, can you send it to me when you get home?

I: Yes of course, but I dont have your phone number and most importantly I dont have up to N4 Airtime to send message. (Smiling) Broke guy right? (Lol)

Grace: (Lol) I didn't say that o (lol) Are you on 2go?

I: (at last I got this girl) yes, I'm.

Grace: Please type your 2go user name here (she gave her phone to me)

I: (done) Alright, I'll send it to you when I get home. Later.

Grace: Owk... hope you have data sha? (Lol)

I: (lol) you're not serious. (Lol)

We departed.
I got home, logged in to 2go, accepted her friend request, forwarded the lecturer's number to her... we chatted about school trends and she went offline. I later told Kendo about her... he supported the idea and told me to try my luck.

Grace and I talked more online than physical, I later got her number, it got to a time that she began to suspect me due to how frequent I call her, some weeks later I wooed her but she politely declined my approach, "Henry, dont go there, we can only be friends" she said, I felt somehow because I've never experienced such response from any lady before, that happened to be my first time of getting "no" as a response from a lady.

I freed Grace because I was not fully into her and I concentrated on my studies. Some weeks after, I encountered with Josephine in one of the combined classes, we became innocent friends, what I got attracted to in her is her decency, one thing led to another in less than three months we started dating, she's the most decent out of all I've dated, we started as the "holy-holy" relationship and later things were changing (lol), I had nice moments with Josephine before she later "broke my heart" when some brothers in her church finally brainwashed her, entered her mind and poisoned it against me, we broke up towards the end of 200L.

Single life continued till early 300L when I met Stephanie, we started as innocent friends as well which I knew in my mind then that we could never date because I was not ready to date anybody again due to the previous/recent heartbreak that has no tangible reason, but as the friendship went on, we got used to each other, she would call me every night to come online on WhatsApp make her happy, I was even wondering when I turned to AY or Basket Mouth, I would squeeze time to attend to her so as not to take her feeling for granted, after our chat every night, she'd still call to say goodnight , "why the goodnight call again when we've said that online" I'd ask myself rhetorically, I told Kendo about the recent development concerning Stephanie, "do anything you feel like doing" he responded, Stephanie and I were still friends.

There came a day, my roommate travelled home on Friday and was to return on Sunday or Monday morning, Stephanie came over to my place in the evening as she used to do even when my roommate was around, we chatted, laughed played Scrabble on phone til around 6:45pm, it was getting dark, the rice I put on the stove was just getting warm, I wanted her to eat before she left;

I: Stephanie, it's getting dark can you wait til this rice is done, I'll accompany you to the junction to take bike to your place.

Stephanie: Alright, but dont expect me to eat out of that rice o (joking)

I: If I hear say you no go chop.

In the next some minutes the rice was done, I took the rice for two of us in a plate and called her to join me, she was busy playing Scrabble, she was lying on the bed facing up and concentrated on the game, I stood up and went to the bed, I knelt beside her on the bed, bent down a bit;

I: Madam, the food is ready

Stephanie: (No response, playing game)

I: Respond naw, the time is not for you alone, let's eat fast so that you'll get home before they lock your gate.

Stephanie: (No response)

I took the phone from her and looked at her face, looking at each other's face, we became silent for a while... she was lifting her head up gently towards my face with a beautiful smile on, my head went down to meet hers and our lips found one another... we kissed passionately for like three minutes, after the kiss I broke the silence "will you now eat?" I asked while smiling, I held her two hands and dragged her up, we pretended as if nothing happened, we ate and she went home. She called me to come online immediately she got home.

"Hmmmmmm... I dont even know why I kissed her in the first place.. now she has called me to come online for great questions. Anyway, we both enjoyed the kiss ni, and the kiss will look the way we look at it ni"

I concluded in my mind and logged in, to my surprise, we didn't talk about the kiss at all, we chatted normally and more romantic as if we were dating, as time went on, we began to date without any official wooing... it was just a normal relationship to me and when I'm dating one girl I dont flirt with another, so I considered myself in date already. After four months in the awkward relationship, it got more stronger and romantic, two of us would discuss how funny our starting was and just laughed it off. Some months after, she changed all of a sudden, she started to nag without telling me any reasonable reason, she would offend me and I would be the one to apologize, I kept enduring hoping that things would change as I was also trying to find out what the cause of all that may be, I later found out that she has a guy in another school that's disturbing her... before I could say "Jill" she stopped picking my calls and
***fast forward***
we broke up without any reason. Chai!!! Ladies!!!
***flashback ends***

"Sighs... from Suliyat to Peace, Cynthia, Gloria got involved, later Josephine and lastly Stephanie."

"Deborah too remains (constant) a friend like a lover and yet these my friends are stylishly mocking me that am single"

"Anyway, I dont care, I've dated enough, I have to concentrate on something else." I said to myself, that was when I noticed that Kendo has switched off my system and left my room, I stood up, locked my door and went back to bed.

T.B.C
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 10:43am On Dec 24, 2015
SEVEN

My life in campus was never boring as I was surrounded by hilarious friends and also I still had contacts me my secondary school friends and we used to chat on both 2go and WhatsApp almost every night, David has not changed his crazy, amazing and hilarious attitude, he was getting more funny instead, he was doing his HND in MAPOLY, Abeokuta, studying Mass Com., Deborah was SLT (Science Lab. Tech.) student in school of health Ilese, Ijebu, Quazeem and Joe were studying Mathematics in UNILORIN.

On Monday morning, I was in the bathroom when my phone began to ring, "who can be calling me early this morning? I'm not expecting any call this morning" I managed to say as I was rushing the bath, it rang twice before I entered my room, picked the phone up and checked who the caller was... "(smiles) it's David sha. It must be important for him to call early this morning" I said, I flashed his number and dropped my phone, I was still drying my body with towel when he called again;

I: Hello paddy e, how far?

David: "Ale Debby" (Debby's concubine) I dey OK. How studies na?

I: We dey squeeze am jare "oko Simbi" (Simbi's husband)

David: (laughs) You no dey forget things, Simbi na past tense now o... in fact, na past participle I tell you.

I: Na you sabi, this one wey you call this early morning, hope say I dey safe? Abi you wan borrow money again ni? (Lol) Oga talk I get class very soon.

David: You dey craze. OK, make I rush the gist, na small gist I get for you.

I: Hmmmmmm oya I dey hear.

David: Se you still remember Rhoda? That girl wey dey sleep even for assembly ground when we dey SS3.

I: Oh! That girl, no be ordinary na, them use sleep do am ni. Na so so odd odd people you go dey remember, wetin do the girl?

David: She don get 3rd belle.

I: (laughed out loud) Oh My God! David! Dont tell me that this is the reason you called me this morning o (laughing)

David: Oga chill joo. Even Salamot self don born, Sofiat one of your wives then, she don marry, Errm.............

I: (quiet and listening)

David: Why you no dey talk na

I: I dey listen ni.

David: You no well, that's why I dont like chitchatting you better trends like this.

I: (laughed out loud) I swear you dey amaze me, (Lol) you called because of this type of gist early on Monday morning? Guy? You well so? Chai! OK, who don get better job among our friends then? Who travel go oversea? Who don finish school?

David: God punish you for that challenge, wetin concern me concern that one, abeg cut make I call Saheed better person.

I: (Lol) Jobless is an understatement. Anyway, thanks for the gist.

David: (Lol) Itiod dey pretend as if he no like the gist, we go dey talk am for WhatsApp sha.

I: (Lol) (shook my head) Your type scarce. (We both laughed and he ended the call).

I kept remembering and laughing at what David called for til I was through dressing up and off to school.

School was not funny that day at all, it was as if the lecturers planned to use assignment as the weapon to destroy that week, all the classes I had that day was full of assignments, the smallest number of assignment a lecturer gave us was two. I returned home around 5pm with 13 different assignments that I couldn't do without spending money on them, all to be submitted on or before Wednesday. I was thinking of where I would get money to do the assignments when a call came in, I reached for my phone and it was new number;

I: (silent, waiting for the caller to talk)

Caller: Ope, "Oga lara e o" (nawa for you o) you didn't hear from me for almost 3 weeks now and you didn't bother to ask of me.

I: (hearing Deborah's voice) Oh! Debby, it's not like that dear, I dont always have airtime, but I tried your number twice last week, it was switched off, I'm very sorry. Why are you using unknown number to call me? What happened to your own SIM?

Deborah: You wont believe that they snatch my phone when I was chatting on my way home in the night last month.

I: Ah! That TECNO A2 Chai!!! E pain me o.... those guys ain't smiling at all, sorry dear, I hope you've learnt your lesson now. So, have you got another one?

Deborah: Yea, my uncle bought me better phone, BB Q5 (Smiling)

I: Hmmmmmm enjoyment. I'm happy now you're back online, are you going to retrieve your lines?

Deborah: No. I will be using this one and I'll give just few people.

I: Hmmmmmm... because of your guys right? (Clears throat) Debby Debby

Deborah: (Smiling)

I: How is Michael?

Deborah: Hmmmmmm he should be fine. There is something surprising that I will be telling you later, save this number I'll message you on WhatsApp with my second number.

I: Alright. How are studies?

Deborah: Definitely fine but school is too stressful. How is everything over there too?

I: See, I was even thinking about everything before your call came in, we were given 13 assignments today, tough ones that I'll spend nothing less than N2800 on them if I'm to manage, and all must be submitted on or before Wednesday.

Deborah: Eeya... I have one assignment like that too, it has to be submitted on Monday, I was thinking of sending the question to you to help me research on it when you're less busy.

I: Ah! I told you I have 13 already, that I dont even know the way out yet, anyway, send the question I'll start something on it on Thursday.
Deborah: (happy) That's my love (smiles)

I: (smiles) See your face, talk to you later joo (smiles)

She ended the call. Smile was all over my face as I looked back and saw Kendo looking at me while holding my pressing iron.

I: So, wetin happen? You came to borrow iron again, poor ass nigga.

Kendo: (lol) That one no concern me. Henry, why you dey hide your girlfriend na? I know say that babe you just follow talk finish na your girl.

I: No wonder your nose long like Arsene Wenger nose, to poke-nose to somebody matter no be your problem at all.

Kendo: Na talent o, my guy. You self, just confess to me say na your girlfriend.

I was about to reply him when my phone beeped, I checked and it was message from GTBank which read;

"Account Number: ******6535
Amount: NGN3000 Credit
Description: Mobile Money Transfer from B. Deborah Ifeoluwa to Williams Henry Opeyemi
Available Balance: NGN5153"

I was extremely happy and still jubilating when another message came in from the same number Deborah used to call me some minutes back;

"Please use that for the assignments, and if you like you can send it to your girlfriends. #wink -Deborah" the message read.

"Wow! She did it at the right time! God bless this girl abundantly" I uttered, I clicked on reply and typed "Wow! You amazed me, you're just a darling #smiles thanks so much dear, I LOVE YOU. #winks"

I sent the message, Kendo was still standing, waiting to know the source of my happiness;

I: This guy, you never leave!?

Kendo: Stupid question of the year. I don leave na, na my shadow still remain for here. Abeg bring your phone make I see wetin dey make you jubilate.

I: (gave the phone to him) I pray they take light now so that you wont iron those clothes you've come to carry iron for. POKE-NOSER

Kendo: (after reading the message) Chai!!! Make Jectives quick come abeg I wan tell am say na Deborah God dey use now.

I: Jobless! You better go and iron your rags (lol)

He laughed and went out, I was smiling and praying for Deborah in my mind for the mighty favour she just did at the appropriate time. My mood that moment was absolutely HAPPY MOOD.

T.B.C

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by cherrybrown(f): 11:46am On Dec 24, 2015
Hawlahscho:

Onihaxy cool

YoungestMuller smiley

AdemolaDeji smiley

Horlabode tongue

PastorAji

PsalmWise

RitaBabe

Tolajumoke

Aipete2

Eraly undecided

KingPhilip

CherryBrown

RukkyDelta

WristBangles

Tosyne2much

To avoid being banned by the Nairaland robot, I wont be able to mention many monikers in a post, kindly mention your friends. Thanks

Thank you
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 1:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
FIGHT

The next day was Tuesday, there was a heavy rainfall which started drizzling around 3am, it became so heavy by 5am and lasted for four and half hours, I was to have lecture by 12 noon that day, there were wide and deep erosions everywhere to the extent that even cars could not move in some areas, around 11:20am, I got a SMS from the course Rep which read; "the lecture for CMP 410 today has been cancelled due to the heavy rainfall that stopped some hours ago. (Course Rep - Jubilant)." I was so happy as if I won N1m, I rushed downstairs to tell Lola that I would not be going to school that day, that the lecture has been cancelled, so she could go without waiting for me, I returned upstairs and began to amend my todo list for that day, I began to do my assignments.
***fast forward***

By 4:30pm I was through with five out of 13 assignments, I had washed some clothes and tidied up the room and packed my books to one side... I took my Jersey and my 'half-spoilt' boot, off to the nearest field to play football.

I left field when it was getting dark, I met Kendo and Lola on my way home;

I: Fine girl, ugly guy, where are you guys going?

Lola: We want to buy Suya at the junction there.

Kendo: Am taking her out.

I: Where is the money you're owing me Kendo?

Kendo: (lol) Itiod. You? Borrow person money? Shortest joke ever. (We all laughed)

I: Make una buy my own Suya o.

I got home, took my bath and freshened up, I laid on the bed very weak and tired, I switched on my system, it was still booting when the PHCN restored the electricity, I stood up to prepare what I called "jollof rice", it was still on the cooker, I was coding a C++ programme for calculator but not really getting the errors, I was still tackling that when my phone began to ring... on picking the call;

Deborah: Are you less busy? Please come online.

I: Alright.

In the next minute, I was already on WhatsApp.

I: Yes damsel, am here now. Any p?

Deborah: No p joo. Must there be problem before I call you to come online? (Disappointed Emojie)

I: Oh! No! Dont mind me, so what's up?

Deborah: I'm fine kind of. Can you remember I told you that I would tell you something about Michael?

I: Yea, yea, I can remember now. So, lest I forget, what did he do to you?

Deborah: Hmmmmmm... to start the story from the end, Michael and I broke up some weeks before I gained admission.

I: Ah! Why? What happened? Who caused it? Did he offend you?

Deborah: Ope! "O fe fi question pa mi ni?" (Do you want to kill me with questions?)

I: OK, who caused the breakup?

Deborah: Actually, he did.

I: How?

Deborah: Can you believe that Michael was dating three of us at a time, I confronted him and he denied at first but later he confessed by saying am the only one he loves, that he's just deceiving others. Can you imagine.

I: Ah. That's very bad of him. But I think you should have given him a second chance at least maybe he has realized his mistake and ready to change.

Deborah: He was not ready to leave them so, I left him instead. Later on, I heard we're related somehow, I stylish asked my mom and she explained how we are related but very long to trace. See, I've forgotten the relationship self.

I: Hmmmmmm that's serious o, some guys self. So, who is now on point? (Wink emojie)

Deborah: Smiles... nobody right now. I met a guy again in my first year second semester, he started as a good guy but later proved to me that all guys are the same.

I: Hey! Stop that, all guys ain't the same, some are different. (Smiles)

Deborah: Hehehe... are you different?

I: (lol) What response are you expecting?

Deborah: Only God can save us from you guys.

I: Likewise we guys too from you ladies.

Deborah: So, tell me finally caught the heart of my Ope? (winks)

I: smiles... Some girls have done but they misused it and dumped it, now the heart is scared of girls generally.

Deborah: Are you telling me now that nobody is in that heart?

I: I have Jesus in it o. (Lol)

Deborah: Smiles... eeya, sorry for the heartbreaks.

I: It's OK. The fact that I'm fine now.

The chat continued... we flashed back and talked about our days in secondary school back then and laughed at some funny scenes that happened then, later, she reminded me of her assignment which I promised to do immediately I finishe mine... I was already feeling sleepy...

I: I'm feeling sleepy already, I want to rest my brain for today, am I good to go off.

Deborah: I slept in the day for like 2 hours, that's why I'm still awake by now. Anyway, you're good to go. Have a good night rest, sleep fine.

I: Alright, and you too. (kiss emojie)

Deborah: Smiles... I hate them in emojies. I prefer them real. (winks)

I: Smiles.... dream about the real kiss then.

Deborah: Lol

We ended the chat, I slept off.

⇨T.B.C⇦

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
NINE

The final year exam was on its way, that made me to be very closer to my books than anything else, mom would call me to advise me motherly, "oko mi, mo trust e, oo ki fail (my dear, I trust you, you dont fail)" she would say. My sister would call severally and she would always talk ironically and somehow strict, I would always promise all of them that success was 100% sure. My other friends (Kendo, Lola and Jectives) were more serious and closer to God than ever, Joe and Quazeem too would be graduating that same year from UNILORIN while Deborah would finalize everything in the year to follow.

It was on Monday morning in the school library, I was reading a book titled "Thinking In Java", I was trying to decode and understand one obnoxious programme in the book because it had to do with one of my ongoing projects, my phone began to vibrate, "it should be someone rich o" I said jokingly as I picked up the phone, "Oh! David" I uttered while smiling;

David: Hello Henry.

It was unusual of David to call me and start with "Hello Henry", I was expecting something like; "Ogbeni, Padi mi, Oga, Oko Debby and so on". That made me to ask;

I: Yep Baba, you sound somehow, hope no prob.

David: (he hissed like someone that's fed up of something) Bro, no problems jare, I'm just kind of depressed this morning.

I: Ah, if that's the case, just sheer up, you know that such mood doesn't fit you, I can imagine how your face is now.

David: Itiod! E don do!

I: (lol) So? Wetin happen today, we know you no dey call to greet.

David: "Emi!? (I?)" Anyway, I just wished to hear you voice, that's why I called, so bye for now.

I: Yeh!!! David I swear na lie.

David: (lol) Were boy. Errm... let's be serious, when last did you hear from Deborah?

I: Hmmmmmm I think Thursday afternoon, she called me to come online and we chatted til 6pm before my battery remained 4%, I mailed to her the assignment I helped her to do and in the next an hour my phone went off. Since then till this morning, I didn't charge because we didn't have light on our street due to transformer's fault, besides, I was not willing to charge because I use most of the time around my books lately. So wetin happen?

David: (sighs) See epistle of Paul to the people of Egypt just because of a question, guy you get problem.

I: (lol) You know I've to explain in details especially for dummies, (lol)

David: God in heaven should please punish you on my behalf for that that word "dummy". Baskat!

I: Hahahaha E pain am.

David: See, I get better original tori for you about that your Debby o, but I no fit finish my airtime on top amebo wey no pay, so come online on WhatsApp or call me back. Ire o.

He ended the call immediately, I was unable to figure out what might have happened to Deborah, "how can David that's in Abeokuta here have a vital information about Deborah that's in Ijebu? Even me that's closer to her has not known. What is the assurance of his gist being relevant self? Anyway, let me hear what he has to say joo, at least it costs me nothing but time and data" I thought to myself and opened WhatsApp, I sent "yes boss" to David and he responded with "Alaye you no go chill first?" I took a pic of the books around me to show David that I was in the library, the WhatsApp conversation went thus;

I: (I captioned) Bro, abeg talk now, I'm in the library, I've limited time to chat please.

David: Hehehehe...see this guy and books my God!, you wan kill yourself? For your information, I dont have black-black o.

I: (lol) Na you sabi. Oya talk na.

David: So, I know that I didn't tell you that I would be going to Ilese last week to MC one big birthday party, but fortunately or unfortunately, I went and what I saw there shocked my left ball.

I: Am all ears.

David: I heard that the celebrant is a cult member, probably number 1 or 2.

I: Ah! Why did you now go when you were lucky enough to know such information.

David: Shut up! Na everybody go dey fear like you? No be money them pay me? Abegi! I fit MC witch meeting self if they are ready to pay.

I: (eager to know what happened) OK boss, I trust you. Wetin con shock your impotent balls?
David: Na your wife o, Deborah. It got to a time when the celebrant had to choose a girl from the crowd and kiss her for 5 mins. I later heard that any girl he chooses will surely pass a night with him else she and her boyfriend be ready for war.

I: Yeh!!! Who.... who.... I mean.... Errm... who the guy con choose?

David: Wetin dey do this one now? See how you dey stammer on WhatsApp. (Lol) Anyway, na your Deborah the guy choose o, so it's either she had a night with with him or you should be ready for war. (Lmao)

I: Yeh!!! Jesu o! Why me naw? David stop, I'm not her boyfriend o, I'm just a close friend.

David: Aye o! Henry, they no born you well to leave that girl now, you must be her boyfriend by force. I wan watch war film, live. Lol

I: You well so? (Angry emojie)

David: (LWKMD) But sincerely Henry, the way Deborah was smiling that day, it looked fake because I know and recognize fake smiles when I notice one. Maybe it was a threat.

I: Hmmmmmm but who told you that the girl does not have a boyfriend in the campus?

David: If I tell you now, you go say my amebo too much. Anyway, from my findings, she is as single as the word "single", she has no guy at the moment. Take it or leave it!

I: Chai!!! David!!! Aproko is your calling just change course, you hear? Lol

David: lol. Na talent Bro. Mr man, lecture time, talk to you later.

I: Oh! Thanks a bunch for the vital information, I really do appreciate. (Knuckles emojie)

David: Who dey teach this guy morals? Abeg go call your Debby County and confirm things out. Later.

I was typing when David went offline, I cleared what I've typed and went off too without replying anybody again as different thoughts eluded my mind.

⇨T.B.C⇦

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 2:05pm On Dec 24, 2015
TEN

I tried Deborah's number but was not going through, "gboa!" I hit the desk I was sitting behind, I have hit the desk before I realized that I was not supposed to do that in a library, I looked to my left and saw a lady looking at me with the facial expression; "are you OK" I quickly told her "I'm sorry" as she asked "hope no problem?" I shook my head sideways to respond "no problem". A woman sitting on the forth seat behind me too said "take it easy o, son" I just ignored and began to think;

"David just spoilt my mood now"

"This cannot even be lie self because if something is too to be reality, then the reality is what it can be"

"But why should she do something like that willingly naw?"

"Does that mean she has had a night with the guy?"

"But Deborah use to tell me some secretes, why didn't she tell me this before doing it?"

"Could it be a threat as David said or it was a charm?"

"Why would she be there self if it was a charm?"

"Why should she be there in the first place if it was a charm?"

"Deborah must have become what I cant imagine if this really happened."

"Why hasn't........."

My phone beeped, I took it and saw a message from Deborah, I first hissed and immediately cautioned my emotion and opened the message which read thus;

"I know you must have heard immediately it happened because your friend was the MC. But whatsoever anybody might have told you, dont react yet until you hear something from me. Call me if you care to hear my part. Take care."

(Sighs) "I said it! David cant lie! I have to hear from this girl as early as possible" I said quietly before the Co readers around me start asking questions again. I dialed Deborah's number and a crying voice picked the call;

Deborah: Ope (sobbing)

I: (No response) (trying to get if the cry was real or she was acting/forming it)

Deborah: (still sobbing) Ope can you hear me?

I: Yes I can, why are you crying? In fact, let's meet on WhatsApp. I have almost 1 min remaining.

She ended the call and within a minute, we were both online;
I: Dear, why were you crying?

Deborah: Dont tell me you've not heard what happened to me in my school.

I: What if I say I've not heard? So, tell me what happened.

Deborah: Hmmmmmm OK, let me copy and forward a message to you. I'll be right back.

I: Alright.

I was wondering the message she would copy and from where she was going to copy it from, I remained online until my WhatsApp+ gave me a toast-message "Deborah Online", I changed my sitting posture.

Deborah: I'm back.

I: OK. (ears and eyes emojies)

Deborah: "Deadly! Deadly!! Deadly!!!
Hello, little pretty girl,
The research we made showed us these things about you:
Full Name: Bankole Deborah Ifeoluwa
LG of Origin: Ipokia
Level: 300L
Residential Address: 1, Ayomikun Street......
Place Of Origin: Agosasa
Boyfriend: N/A
Suspected Boyfriend: Williams Henry Opeyemi
His School: FUNAAB
Level: 400L (Computer Science)
Residential Address: Adjacent Elewe-eran Police Station Obantoko Abeokuta
Paths you follow frequently: _________
Three places you're likely to go tomorrow:________

Some other information about you is with us, so just see how far we've gone to know you.
Our reason for this message is to let you known that you're the chosen one. Dont be confused, there is going to be a birthday party of the number one of our cult (Deadly), the celebrant has chosen you as his choice to kiss for five minutes on the stage that day, so dont dare us with your absence. Remember: your movements and phone calls are monitored, you'll get to know any other thing later. Be obedient."

I: Jesus Christ!!! (My heart began to beat very fast that I had to caution myself)

I: I saw my name in the text! Yeh! Mogbe!

Deborah: Relax Ope, I forwarded the text to my uncle immediately and he responded that I should go, that I should not call anybody as they instructed, he said I'd be fine that the CID men would be involved.

I: Ah! My name!!! Yeh!!! Deborah why me naw? And you didn't tell me since.

Deborah: Wait naw... didn't you see that they said my calls are being monitored, besides, I tried calling you on Friday night but your numbers were off, Saturday morning the same thing even though my uncle warned me not to call anybody.

I: Oh My God! But how on earth should these guys know me this much? From Ijebu! This is terrible o. What later happened?

Deborah: So, I went to the party, within some minutes, I got texts from five different numbers which read "Be calm, we're around. FROM YOUR UNCLE"

I: Hmmmmmm actually I heard that you kissed someone in a party, David told me that this morning, but I heard more than you told me now. Is it true that you were to have a night with the guy as well? Deborah dont lie please.

Deborah: (smiles) I trust David, the guy will always find out everything. Anyway, I'll surely tell you the real truth. Immediately after the irritating kiss, I wanted to start going home, two guys approached me that the celebrant said I should wait, that I have not finished my assignment, I wanted to raise alarm but they said I would waste my life if I try such, I went back to my seat, a message came in from the same number that sent "Deadly" earlier;

"Deadly! Deadly!! Deadly!!!
God saved you that you did not make any unnecessary noise. For your information, you're to have a night with me tonight, accept it or die!"

I: (I was already shivering obviously) So, what happened next? (This time around, the lady reading by the left has noticed that I was not OK)

I packed and returned the books I was reading, signed out of the library and located under a tree near the library to continue my chat with Deborah.

Deborah: I was praying and asking God why all these? Why me out of prettier ladies in the campus?
Another message entered; "What did they tell you? I mean those two guys that approached you" That was when I believed that some people were truly monitoring me, I replied the message with the one I received from "Deadly", in the next few minutes, another message came in; "Anyway, dont be afraid, you're gonna be safe. Shortly now, a fight will break out which will lead to a gunshot or more, dont be panic, just run towards the blue bus parked some meters behind you. Look up towards the celebrant, you'll see a guy in white cardigan with pink tinted eyeglasses and a face-cap labeled "Dem Boys", I'm the one"

I instantly looked up and saw the young man, he removed the cap and looked straight at me, he was putting on an army colour rubber cap under the face cap, I sighed in relief.

T.B.C

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by samsondavid(m): 2:52pm On Dec 24, 2015
WOW!!! Nice work sir. waiting for more...
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 4:50pm On Dec 24, 2015
ELEVEN

I: (sighs) It was not a joke matter at all, your uncle really tried o. This is terribly interesting, tell me, what later happened?

Deborah: The DJ played this Davido's song "Gobe", the MC (David) called the celebrant and his friends to come and dance round the cake before he cuts it, they were all in red and black, they've not danced up to two minutes when I saw another guy in the same white cardigan and tinted eyeglasses just like the one that messaged me earlier, he walked up to the DJ and stopped the music, the one that previously messaged me has removed his cardigan, he rushed to the one that stopped the music and gave him a slap on his face, "why did you stop the fun?" He asked angrily. "But I think they came together,..." I thought to myself in confusion, before I could say "Jack", they were fighting already, people were already on their feet, MC is no where to be found again, the celebrant and his hang were trying to sort out the fight, I just heard a gunshot, all the celebrant's guys fled, other students picked race, I was numb for a while before I remembered what they told me to do any time I hear gunshot, I removed my shoes and ran towards the blue bus, I met another guy in white cardigan sitting in the bus, he instructed me to go and wait in one RCCG (Redeemed Christian Church of God) down the street, I obeyed dutifully and ran like a thief, I would look back and see people running for their lives, I got to the church's gate and met another guy in white cardigan and the same eye glasses who told me to go inside. "Oh! It seems that fight was planned just to scatter the place and confuse them, wow! Thank you my uncle!" I said, as I was breathing heavily and nobody was around me, I knelt down and began to pray, I heard the sound of a bus at the gate, I paused the prayer and tiptoed to the church's main endurance, it was the blue bus I saw at the party venue with four guys sitting in it, I kept mute watching them and expecting what next, they packed and came down, a man I assumed to be the gate-man of the church came out too, all the five guys removed their eyeglasses while one that drove them in talked;

"Deborah right? " I nodded "yes", he continued; "I've to thank you for making the plan easy for us, now we have every details about those guys and they are all going to be caught sooner or later." I interrupted; "Ah! But why couldn't you just kill all of them when you had the opportunity at the party?" He responded; "(smiles) they were 29 plus the number one making 30 and we are just 5 in number. It's our job, I think we can do it better".

"But I counted them, they were not up to 30, they were just 21 including the number one" I said with concern.

"Yes, others were hanging around, you could not know" he responded and quickly added; "Young lady, this is not time for questioning. Your uncle informed our boss in the barrack, that's why we were sent here to protect you and also we were told not to let them know our purpose of being here because it is dangerous for you, that's why we formed the fight during the party, dont leave here without informing your uncle as we work on getting those guys, none of them knows that you're here, as they heard the gunshot, they paid total concentration on it and lost attention over you, so be calm. OK? Take this, it's from your uncle and he said you should not inform anybody at home about the incident, the pastor here knows about it as well, stay here for now. Bye."

He handed over to me a sum of N5000, I bowed slightly to say thank you as tears were dropping off my eyes, they entered the bus and left the church.

I: (sighs) This is indeed a super story. And now that none of them knows your whereabout, dont you think I'm not save at all, they may trace you here, where do I see the uncle that'll arrange five men in white to protect me? Deborah, you've killed, in fact I'm travelling home tomorrow because if they kidnap me and request for any ransom, my parents will just tell them to come and kidnap them also.

Deborah: Noooooo please dont talk like that, you'll be safe in Jesus name.

I: Amen oooooo...

Deborah: I'll be travelling tomorrow too then, I'll inform my uncle after this chat.

I: Abeg, tell him I'm travelling too, in fact, can we go together?

Deborah: Yes! Yes! (Happy)

I: Very good. Just come straight to Abeokuta and find your way to Panseke, buzz me when you get there I'll join you in less than 20 minutes.

Deborah: Alright, we will talk better when we see.

We ended the chat, a sigh of relief came out of me "that means they didn't have night together" I said in my mind, I packed my books and went home, on my way home I called David to come online, as I got home, I received a WhatsApp message from him;

David: The class I went to attend was tough ehn, I could not sit at the front because I went late, I could not hear the man (the lecturer), that made it difficult to understand.

I: lol. Eeya, Next time you'll go earlier (lol)

David: As if you're not the idiot I was chitchatting. Mind you, I still have the part 2 of the story o because the party was ended with gunshot from unknown men. I'll give you the full gist later.

I: No please I wan hear now. You know say your Tori na always original. (Wink emojie)

David: Hahahaha this guy dey try bobo me ni sha (lol) I be small pikin?

I: lol. Abeg na. Oya joo.

David: OK, in such party, I use to be very vigilant and observant, so I was extra-careful that day, I noticed two guys putting on the same dim eyeglasses that looked like windscreen, but they were standing far from each other, that discouraged me from thinking that they came together, later, one of them removed his white "pull-over" leaving his pink T-shirt while the other one walked towards the DJ and intentionally stopped the music, I was right beside the DJ when the first guy came to slap the one in white, to me, that scene seemed planned by the enemies of that cult group just to spoil the party, I was still wondering, I just saw one of the two guys reaching his hand under his shirt, he brought out a gun and shot upward, O boy! See me see cheetah! I dropped Mic instantly and started looking if I could see Deborah maybe to protect her or something.

I: Wow! That's my guy!

David: Shut up! Id10t!

I: lol. Continue joo

David: Fortunately and unfortunately I saw her running, I ran after her, I wanted to call her name so that we could run to the same place, as I shouted "Deborah!" once, I received a turnaround slap from behind, I managed to look at the huge creature that gave me such thunderous slap, lo and behold, it was another man in white cardigan.

I: Laugh wan kill me die.

David: Omo! I joined Usain Bolt immediately, I didn't stop or decelerate till I got to the motor park. My observation is that, it's either those 3 men in white came to spoil the party or to protect Deborah but I dont think they came because of Deborah, they must be cult members because that slap was not natural my guy.

I: Hahahaha LMAO

David: Ogbeni, what's funny now!

I: That slap na, from behind, hahahaha.

David: If you no stop that laugh now, the thunder wey go fire you dey do baptism for river Jordan.

I: Lol. Anyway, I've heard everything from Deborah. The guys in white came actually came to protect her, they are army men.

David: Ah! No wonder!

I: Army slap. Hahahaha

David: Oh! Yes! Yes! Yes! The girl has one uncle that stays in Abuja, he's a close friend to Mr Godwin (one of the high level soldiers at Owode Barack). Maybe that's where they came from, anyway hope she's fine now.

I: Yes, she is. In fact, we'll be travelling home tomorrow.

David: That's nice one, I'm going home too. We'll meet at home then.

I: smiles. Till tomorrow Bro.

T.B.C

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Carlson001(m): 5:24pm On Dec 24, 2015
Bro, you're good! & you're fast to update... Thumbs up!
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 24, 2015
Hawlahscho:

Onihaxy cool

YoungestMuller smiley

AdemolaDeji smiley

Horlabode tongue

PastorAji

PsalmWise

RitaBabe

Tolajumoke

Aipete2

Eraly undecided

KingPhilip

CherryBrown

RukkyDelta

WristBangles

Tosyne2much

Only God knows how angry I am with you.
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 6:15pm On Dec 24, 2015
Oyind17:

Only God knows how angry I am with you.

Your MTN number has surprisingly disappeared from WhatsApp and I dont have any other one sad

I'm sorry.

message me on WhatsApp.
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
Hawlahscho:

Your MTN number has surprisingly disappeared from WhatsApp and I dont have any other one sad

I'm sorry.

message me on WhatsApp.
Am no longer using whatsapp. if u want me to call you with my Mtn, you have to bribe me

1 Like

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 6:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
Oyind17:

Am no longer using whatsapp. if u want me to call you with my Mtn, you have to bribe me

Buhari frowns at bribery. grin
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by kingphilip(m): 7:15pm On Dec 24, 2015
This piece is really nice with the exception of few typos which can be corrected with a little more concentration in proofreading before submitting

Will remain here till I see the end n I'm sure I won't be disappointed

Thanks for sharing
Expecting the follow up chapters

1 Like

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 7:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
kingphilip:
This piece is really nice with the exception of few typos which can be corrected with a little more concentration in proofreading before submitting

Will remain here till I see the end n I'm sure I won't be disappointed

Thanks for sharing
Expecting the follow up chapters

Thanks Bro, I'll watch the typos.
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 7:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
TWELVE

The natural cool morning breeze was escaping into my room thorough the window, the warmth of the mosquito net was resisting the degrees of the cold, the room temperature was around (27-29)οC. I was covering myself with a thick brown wrapper feeling like I should not stand from the bed, I remembered I was to travel that morning, more so, Deborah was coming to Abeokuta, therefore, I had to start preparing myself for the journey.

Around some minutes to 9am, I had already eaten and set to move, I picked up my phone and dialed Deborah's number, she answered from the other end of the phone; "Hello Ope, I just got to post-office now, I was about to call you, I'm standing at the front of one Ikija house, please describe your place again", I was happy that she came earlier than expected, she didn't delay me, "very good of you, just stay there, I'll meet you in the next 20 mins" I said and hanged up. I picked a bike to beat traffic from camp to Iyana Mortuary, then to post office/Panseke. Deborah was putting on a short skirt below a jumped-suite and red underwear with a small travelling bag, I signalled to her to come, we hugged and both trekked to the front of Tantalizer.

Some Hausa bike men were calling "Adigbe! Adigbe!! Mango" we were trying to cross the road to June12 motor park to board the bus going to Sango, a bike just crossed us down with two guys on it, the one sitting at the back jumped down, looked at my face very well, I was confused and wondering if he lost road, "Oga, wetin happen?" I asked furiously, "so, you're the hidden boyfriend right? Wow! Nice one" the guy that rode the bike said while the other continued examining my face, I didn't want to sound/look like I was scared even though I've quickly flashed back to the birthday incident and the deadly threats, "what is this one saying" I asked rhetorically and decided to leave, the second guy just pulled me back and threw punch straight to my face, I was fast enough to block it but it hit my lips a bit, I jumped backward to gain consciousness, my lips were already showing blood, I held it with my face towel, "that's just a specimen, you'll still explain in details what you are doing around that babe beside you" he said and jumped on the bike again, they rode off.

I looked at Deborah's face that was wet with tears, I carried my bag and hers, "let's go" I said with frowned face, I kept licking the lips to prevent the blood from staining my shirt and to stop the blood flow, I walked forward and looked back to discovered that Deborah was still standing there looking helpless, "will you please let's go before some other guys meet us here again?" I asked annoyingly, she quickly followed me, we crossed to the motor park, the bus we met was already fully loaded, I dropped our bags and stood resting on one electric pole as we were waiting for the next bus, she came nigh and held my left arm, I looked at her with the face "what is it again", tears dropped off her eyes;

I: Deborah, we're at the park, dont start here, besides, what's the cause of this tears now? Are you the one they punched?

Deborah: Those thugs hit you innocent just because of me, I just dont know how to beg you.

I: So, you know them?

Deborah: Not that I know them, I saw them with the cult leader at the birthday party, they are members as well.

I: God! Why me!

I: OK. OK. It's OK. Just wipe your tears, I pray we'll be fine. Hope your uncle has not abandoned the issue.

Deb: I trust, they are still on it.

I: I pray they get rid of those guys physically, else we will have to go spiritually against them.

Deb: Hmmmmmm amen o.

I pulled her closer and held her still while she was leaning on me. We entered another bus, sat beside each other, I brought out my phone and decided to play music to reset my mood, I located TTPod and played one Don Moen's song "God will make a way", Deborah removed a piece and put it in her ear too, I called the woman selling snacks, I got a bottle of coke for myself and Teem for her with a Bigi gala.

Deb: Thanks (smiling)

Deb: But, how come you knew it is Teem I would choose.

I: (smiles) is it not you again? I know you more than you can imagine. (Winks)

We both smiled, the blood flow on my lips has stopped, I quickly finished my coke and before I knew it, I had slept off, I woke up when we got to Iyana Adigbe, I was surprised that I Icould sleep that fast, I looked at Deborah she was playing Scrabble on my phone;

I: I slept off sha.

Deb: (smiles) Coke works wonders.

I: (smiles) but I was expecting them to wake me when they wanted to collect money.

Deb: Yea, he wanted to do, but I told him to leave you that "Jesus has paid it all" (smiles) I paid for you. (Smiles)

I: (smiles) see Jesus. Thanks dear.

I unzipped my bag and brought out my wallet to give Deborah her money back.

Deb: Hope you're not trying to return the money. I didn't say "I lent you" so keep your wallet.

I: (smiles) I knew you would not collect it, one day sha I'll pay you back in kind. (Smiles) thanks a lot you're a darling.

We both smiled as I bowed my head again to sleep, she whispered to my ear "dont sleep please", I raised my head reluctantly and we began to chitchat til we got to Sango, we took another bus til we got to the junction to depart, "call me when you get home" I said, as I watched her leave.

T.B.C
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Rukkydelta(f): 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2015
Hawlahscho:

Onihaxy cool

YoungestMuller smiley

AdemolaDeji smiley

Horlabode tongue

PastorAji

PsalmWise

RitaBabe

Tolajumoke

Aipete2

Eraly undecided

KingPhilip

CherryBrown

RukkyDelta

WristBangles

Tosyne2much

Present sire. I thought you have forgot the story o
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 9:10pm On Dec 24, 2015
Rukkydelta:
Present sire. I thought you have forgot the story o
smiley No, I haven't, I was a lil bit occupied ni.
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hurklan(m): 11:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
following... hfinest1
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 9:12am On Dec 25, 2015
THIRTEEN

It took me 5 mins or more to trek home instead of normal 2 mins walk due to the heavy bag and the trip stress. On getting home, my mom was so excited; "Oluwa e se, Oko mi ti de" (Thank You Lord, my darling has arrived) was the first thing she said before she hugged me, even though she has told me on phone not to come that she does not know that I was coming to do. I bought her four apples;

I: "E gba, 'moi mi' (mummy ni)" (have these, my mom)

Mom: Ah... You student still bought me something, your children will take care of you too.

I: Amen ma.
I: Errm... you'll give me one out of the apples o. (Smiles)

Mom: (laughs out loud) hmmmmmm O-pe-ye-mi! "Oya mu" (OK take it)

I grabbed one apple and kept it, I dashed to the kitchen, lo and behold! It was Amala and Ewedu in collaboration with stew, Jesu! I love it. I finished eating, checked the freezer, took some pieces of water melon to my room, I laid down on the bed to relax and off I slept.

Ridwan lost his dad's money (17K) at the viewing center when we were watching match, the guy we suspected has gone home before the match ended, we decided to go to his house with violence, we got there and asked of him, his dad told us to check his room that he rushed in some minutes ago, as we entered we saw his mom, "Ridwan right?" She asked, we responded yes, 'knock his door, knock his door knock his door, knock his door'. I kept hearing knock his door as I was gaining consciousness to life again, "gba! Gba!! Gba!!!" I heard knock on my door, I managed to say "who's there", David responded, "oh Ridwan own na dream!" I said and stood up, opened the door for my guy (David), he entered, without saying even hi, he sat down looking around as if he lost something in my room, before I knew it, he has located the apple I kept earlier, he was about biting it when he suddenly paused;

David: (lol) this one wey you no talk, make I chop am?

I: (hahahaha) (forming it has been poisoned) Oya chop am na and meet yourself before God, waiting for judgement.

David: (lol) Talk joo, E dey do me like make I chop this thing but na apple open Adam eye and close Abacha own. (Lol)

I: Hahahaha.. I pity your destiny, you better drop the apple ASAP.

For the first time in many years back, David played obedient role, he dropped the apple.

I: (lol) (I took the apple, took a bite and stretched it to him, he snatched it from me with annoyance.)

David: Itiod, you know say nothing dey inside, why you con bite am na.

I: (lol)

David and I chitchatted a lot, he has got taller, fresher and hugger a bit, I narrated again the incident exactly the way Deborah told me;

David: Oh! God punish that girl o, so na hin bodyguard Abi wetin I go call am, na hin tear me that thunderous slap wey no get second leg? Chai!!!

I: (laughing out loud)

I told David about the brief punch I got some hours back too, he laughed and laughed, he stood up to check my lips;

David: The injury is not that much sha, E pain me o.

I: You no well, I block the punch small na, I no dull like you wey them tear correct slap (lol)

David: But Henry, dont you think you're risking your gentle life? Those guys can finish you sincerely, have you told your parents?

I: Hmmmmmm normally, I dont want to tell them plus Deborah said her uncle told her not to tell anybody at home, and you know, if I tell my mom indirectly, Deborah's mom would hear.

David: Hmmmmmm this issue is terrible o, and you now, all you know na church, after church na church again except if you wan go church again or you go church, you no dey try something else again, if I tell my dad this kind thing ehn I know wetin he fit do, "eyonu awon agba gidi", or I should help you tell him?

I: Noooooo wait na. Let's see what those guys can do, I know and believe that sooner or later they'll catch the cultists and we will be free.

David: You well? "We will be free" or "you will be free" ? Abeg o.

I: lol. See let's jut forget that side now, when are you going back to school?

David: Thursday? What about you?

I: Thursday too, and Deborah too I guess.

David: Before nko? No be snail and shell again? You and your wife can go together, I cant follow you guys and be feeling lonely in a crowed bus.

I: Errm... I will be going to Deborah's mom's shop tomorrow just to greet her and back to your house and later to Bet9ja shop and from there to field in the evening.

David: Me no dey tell anybody my schedule o. "Aye le" (wicked world) lol

I: lol. I fit change mine too na. Let's go and play PS32, e don tey wey I nack you. Lol

David: You go shock. Let's go. We went to PS2 shop, David left there around 6:47pm while I was still charging my phone till 8pm before I went home as well. I called Deborah on my way home we talked til my airtime was exhausted, she called back immediately and we continued to talk till I got home, we agreed on going back on Thursday.

In the night I logged on to WhatsApp to know how school was from Kendo, Lola and Jectives, I got a toast alert from my WhatsApp+ "Kendo online", I messaged him immediately;

I: Igbo kwenu!

Ken: (shut up emojie)

I: lol. Fake Igbo, how far na, how campus.

Ken: You no dey hear news? Abi network no dey una village?

I: Wetin happen na? (Curious)

Ken: Anyway, government don demolish our school o, they wan use am build international car-wash.

I: Laugh wan tear my belle. Kendo! You no just well from birth. LMAO

Ken: lol. Bro, na you be my mentor o. School dey low key somehow, campus dey miss you.

I: (shut up emojie) No dey whine elderly person. Kendo and I were still chatting till I got a message from Deborah, I ignored Kendo instantly and faced Deborah;

Deb: Hmmmmmm Your girlfriends are online I guess.

I: Smiles. Me just dey jolly online with my friend, Kendo ni.

Deb: If you say so. So, you're busy now?

I: No joo... jealousy jealousy... (wink emojie)

Deb: Smiles. I wont deny the fact that I'm always jealous when you're around another lady or you're giving me less attention. Winks

I: Smiles. Me too. (Wink emojie)

I: Deborah, honestly I'm just being careful about my feelings towards you. You and I know deeply that I love you, but I'm not sure if you're single and I dont want to enter any trouble more than this.

Deb: Hmmmmmm that means you dont trust me, if I tell you I'm single then I'm, and if it's the otherwise I tell you, that's just the truth, I dont know how to lie to you. Meanwhile, if entering into trouble is what you've been avoiding, then stop punishing me by being my dear friend. Let's quit the friendship.

Immediately, her online status changed to offline, I messaged her she didn't respond, my heartbeat has increased to times two of the initial/normal heartbeat, I minimized WhatsApp and tried her number, it was switched off. "This is emotional 'gobe'" I said to myself and began to think about her, I could not sleep till past 11pm, I later forced myself to sleep around some minutes to 12am.

T.B.C

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 11:27am On Dec 25, 2015
You guys' comments and observations are highly needed.
Merry Christmas and Happy new year in advance.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award / TÉLLÀ ( A Paranormal Story) / Who Is Your Favorite Poet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 312
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.