Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] (6305 Views)

Questions Strictly For Athiests In The House / Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by Nobody: 7:47am On May 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Does self defense apply to se.x?

Does consent apply to murder?

Every issue has its underlying principles and terms. That is the nature of law and logic.

We do not apply the logic of thermodynamics to photosynthesis.

We do not apply consent to murder.

So you are against assisted suicide? Just asking.
Anyway, so because consent does not apply to murder it becomes okay? While because consent applies to sex it becomes wrong? If that is not the point you are trying to make then this post of yours becomes irrelevant.
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by Nobody: 7:47am On May 04, 2013
ifeness:

If the Lion is naturally oriented to sniff an Elephant's anus,it would without a doubt. A man playing with another man's anus is only as a result of orientation or curiosity. How would he know how it feels if he never tried it. All is good regardless as odd as they seemed.

The bold is correct but my thoughts are directed at the man and beast relationship...
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by wiegraf: 8:12am On May 04, 2013
inurmind:

Since when did animals have rights?grin We kill them for fun, we use them for lab tests, we do all these horrible things to them and can still say they have rights? Don't you still consider them victims here, shortening their life span, putting them through so much distress? Don't we even have alternative food sources? Besides, I am talking about zoophilia, something which is more of a relationship(I know, it's also disgusting to me, but it is something we must consider. We cannot term it wrong just because of the eww factor). Here these animals show willingness to engage in the act, they approve of it, it is consensual, so how they are labelled victims is a big mystery to me.

You forget you're an animal? That's almost theist thinking right there. There's nothing special about us other than, of course, consciousness/sentience.

Animals have rights, as the apex predators we can $hit/dictate all over them, but they do more or else. Even within a pack there'll be the alpha, who can do x and y, the betas that can do y and z, etc.

With time, most of the world will be vegetarian or something similar, believe it or not. We're headed that way already, with the posters above already dreading the future. Let's hope technology will provide us something delish as a substitute. Already in the UK, I know of people visiting jails for say abusing their dogs. Actually, even in the US, cock/dog fights could land you in prison, not just fines.

Anyways, take your post

fixed:
Since when did slaves have rights?grin We kill them for fun, we use them for lab tests, we do all these horrible things to them and can still say they have rights? Don't you still consider them victims here, shortening their life span, putting them through so much distress? Don't we even have alternative labour sources? Besides, I am talking about consensual sex here, not ra.pe, something which is more of a relationship(I know, it's also disgusting to me, but it is something we must consider. We cannot term it wrong just because of the eww factor). Here these slaves show willingness to engage in the act, they approve of it, it is consensual, so how they are labelled victims is a big mystery to me.

Note, slaves were considered 'animals' as well.

Now, a slave could at least consciously consent, not so much with most animals. And, even if they could, out of fear or whatever just about any slave would have consented. Replace slave with children sef and you could still make similar arguments. Luckily, we treat our kids with a lot more love and respect, but that is for selfish reasons (spreading our DNA).

There are groups out there trying to get equal rights to the other primates, elephants, any species that seems to be on the verge of sentience actually.
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:46am On May 04, 2013
italo:

I can't believe this!

If it is wrong to put your pe.nis into a goat, how is it right to put a knife into its throat?

now you know why there is culture? dont take culture too lightly. you make a big mistake by doing so.
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:49am On May 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Culture is foolish, most of it anyways.

I am assuming that you are yoruba. Sango is silly while prostrating for your elders is nonsense (it is good to respect elders but they are not Gods).

Furthermore, in general, we can not abuse elders in Nigeria. Can you imagine an old man calling me a fool because of something I didnt do, and when I explained the mistake to him and told him to apoloigise, the crowd that gathered said that I should leave the old man alone. They said that I should still respect him. The old man didnt even apologise and was saying that young people have no respect.

F4ck culture. This is why I like progressive countries; they modify their culture with reason.

how can a Spiritual Force be silly? have you seen it? plz explain.

We prostrate before elders, because they have seen the world, are more experienced (usually) and they symbolize wisdom. This is our culture. please dont take culture lightly. its how things are done here.

as to your second, i sortof agree, because we even have old men as r.apists, etc.

but if you have no proof against the elder, you must respect him/her.

who said ancestors are Gods? Its just their spirit and memory that we revere.
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:50am On May 04, 2013
inurmind:

Since when did animals have rights?grin We kill them for fun, we use them for lab tests, we do all these horrible things to them and can still say they have rights? Don't you still consider them victims here, shortening their life span, putting them through so much distress? Don't we even have alternative food sources? Besides, I am talking about zoophilia, something which is more of a relationship(I know, it's also disgusting to me, but it is something we must consider. We cannot term it wrong just because of the eww factor). Here these animals show willingness to engage in the act, they approve of it, it is consensual, so how they are labelled victims is a big mystery to me.

PAGAN 9JA:
let us first understand one thing. physically, man is not equal to women , or man is not equal to another animal. what women do to each other is non-penetrative. what man does to man is penetrative. can result in disease.
what man does to animal/or animal does to woman is penetrative. can result in disease/newer diseases.

I am against man-man s.ex , especially if the person is not genetically ho.mosexual or suffers other such handicaps. it is morally wrong and if he does so, he is doing crime. if both consent to it. then let them do what they want.

In the case of animal-man/animal-woman, i am 100% against it, because animals are innocent and do not realise what is happening to them. it is therefore without their consent. let us not abuse the sacred innocence of animals.

someone here mentioned, what about putting animals in cages/chaining them without consent ,etc.

I say that is wrong too. the poultry that comes from those small cages, processed, etc., it is all wrong.
animal testing is wrong.

WE have something called "Animal Rights" today.

the only proper, Gods ordained natural way of killing animals is by hunting, or by free-roaming herded livestock, as in he case of those kept by nomadic tribes, and in the case of the free-roaming chicken and poultry you see in your village.

therefore today, the only right way we consume a living thing is the fish. the fish is the last survivng mode of hunted and consumed animal today.

Hunting as our forefathers did before and during colonial days is best, becaue it gives the animal the chance to escape and save its life and is the natural way animals consume other animals. by hunting , I mean subsistence hunting. hunting only for immediate needs and not mass slaughter. this subsistence hunting was a way proposed recently for the nomads of SOuth Sudan during a conservation referendum. It is the natural and right way.

Meat from nomadic herds is ok , because these are free roaming herds from millenia, and this is the Gods-ordained and natural human/tribal way of livelihood. The cattle of nomads cannot exist by themselves if left alone. It is a symbiotic relationship between humans and certain animals and is therefore right. neither can exist without the other. Both live free lives. Settled people are supposed to buy from these nomads and not those factories that cage them. This was how it was done in the past, and even now , many of us Hausa by cattle/goat directly from Fulani Herders. Our government must do something to bring back this system and encourage these tribes and their livelihood and importance. For example, in parts of Central/West India, the cattle-owning tribes have formed a co-operative called the Amul Co-operative, where the company gets its milk directly from cows owned by cattle-herding tribes of places such as Gujarat.
also cattle herding tribes rarely consume meat because they cant afford to lose their precious cattle.

I am against processed caged poultry and meat we see today in the markets. I am against bestiality.
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by Nobody: 8:54am On May 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Culture is foolish, most of it anyways.

I am assuming that you are yoruba. Sango is silly while prostrating for your elders is nonsense (it is good to respect elders but they are not Gods).

...and you believe shaking someone's hands is okay?

#What has the white man done to you?
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:55am On May 04, 2013
Niflheim: @logicboy,chairman,I appreciate the wisdom you are dropping on this topic.Imagine the hypocrisy of animal rights groups claiming that Colonel Harland Sanders committed genocide by killing 10,000 fowls,only to go to their house to eat salad.ISN'T THE CARROT AND TOMATO NOT A LIVING THING?SUPPOSING I FORMED A "PLANT" RIGIHT GROUP AND ARRESTED THEM FOR EATING SALAD?WOULDN'T THEY CALL ME A LUNATIC? WHEN ARGENTINA HAD MALARIA PROBLEM, THEY WIPED OUT THE ANOPHELES MOSQUITO POQPULATION. SUPPOSING I ARRESTED THEM FOR "MOSQUITO MASSACRE"?.....................these white fuckers just love to see black men arguing over nothing!!!

how st.upid of you. plants do not have proper pain receptors, neither do they have a brain nor do they express or feel strong emotions like higher organisms such as humans and animals.

Animals can have reflexes and local feedback loops in the nervous system independent of the brain. However, one could argue that one requires the central nervous system (brain) to perceive pain.

Plants lack a central nervous system, and don't appear to have a distributed nervous system. So, on that basis, one could argue that they do not have pain sensation.

also majority of the time, when harvesting a plant, the entire plant is not killed.

also ive explained animal consmption and the proper "natural" ways to do it in my previous post.
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by Nobody: 8:58am On May 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

how st.upid of you. plants do not have proper pain receptors, neither do they have a brain nor do they express or feel strong emotions like higher organisms such as humans and animals.

Animals can have reflexes and local feedback loops in the nervous system independent of the brain. However, one could argue that one requires the central nervous system (brain) to perceive pain.

Plants lack a central nervous system, and don't appear to have a distributed nervous system. So, on that basis, one could argue that they do not have pain sensation.

also majority of the time, when harvesting a plant, the entire plant is not killed.

also ive explained animal consmption and the proper "natural" ways to do it in my previous post.

Suppose there is some other way plants experience pain which we are yet to discover?
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:58am On May 04, 2013
inurmind:

Er, maybe you need to do some research sir:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

umm i think you need to read that article again. The picture was of 2 female dogs. Animals never engage in penetr.ative s.ex. they are not serious about it. it is usually done as signs of aggression or s.exual/emotional outbursts. but they never actually copulate.
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:01am On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Suppose there is some other way plants experience pain which we are yet to discover?

discover it and then let me know.

dont you understand? not all organism are equal. plants are clearly less complex forms of organisms compared to animals.

tomorrow, you will tell me not to walk on the ground because i may kill bacteria and they feel pain. bacteria CANNOT feel plain.
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by Nobody: 9:03am On May 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Rather funny!

Do we go ahead 'hurting' plants because of the unknown?
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:04am On May 04, 2013
to all those who talk about killing animals and poultry for food:

there is a proper "natural" way of doing it as ive explained before. any other way is abnormal and wrong and this includes the methods of mass culling of animals in small cages, that we see and use today.

this world is not perfect. we live in a world where wrongs take place on an everyday basis and this issue is not exempt.
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:05am On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Rather funny!

Do we go ahead 'hurting' plants because of the unknown?

i just explained to you why they dont feel pain.

come to think of it, your reasoning is very much like, we should believe in Unicorns. what if they exist? *smh. .
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by Nobody: 9:06am On May 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

dont you understand? not all organism are equal. plants are clearly less complex forms of organisms compared to animals.

tomorrow, you will tell me not to walk on the ground because i may kill bacteria and they feel pain. bacteria CANNOT feel plain.

Just saying that arguing that plants do not feel pains should be shelved cause we can't honestly say that is the case.
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by Nobody: 9:10am On May 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

i just explained to you why they dont feel pain.

Actually, what you gave was your opinion which I am not obliged to accept...facts could be understood.

PAGAN 9JA:

come to think of it, your reasoning is very much like, we should believe in Unicorns. what if they exist? *smh. .

Nah...not the same...plants are readily seen but Unicorns are different in this regard. I don't know if Unicorns exists or not but I know for sure that plants exists.
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by Nobody: 9:11am On May 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
to all those who talk about killing animals and poultry for food:

there is a proper "natural" way of doing it as ive explained before. any other way is abnormal and wrong and this includes the methods of mass culling of animals in small cages, that we see and use today.

this world is not perfect. we live in a world where wrongs take place on an everyday basis and this issue is not exempt.

Now this I agree with...
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:19am On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Just saying that arguing that plants do not feel pains should be shelved cause we can't honestly say that is the case.

we can say. they dont have a central nervous system.
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:20am On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Nah...not the same...plants are readily seen but Unicorns are different in this regard. I don't know if Unicorns exists or not but I know for sure that plants exists.

I was not comparing the existence of Unicorns to plants, but to the pain felt/not felt by plants.
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by Nobody: 9:55am On May 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

we can say. they dont have a central nervous system.

I hope you know that 'pain' can be some form of physical discomfort? Are you saying that you know for a fact that plants do not 'notice' this discomfort in one way or the other?
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by Nobody: 9:56am On May 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

I was not comparing the existence of Unicorns to plants, but to the pain felt/not felt by plants.

It's still connected...if we have not seen a Unicorn, how then can we say that it can experience pain or not?
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by ooman(m): 9:58am On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

It's still connected...if we have not seen a Unicorn, how then can we say that it can experience pain or not?

just like the bible wants us to believe yahweh experience pain without seeing him
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by Nobody: 10:02am On May 04, 2013
ooman:

just like the bible wants us to believe yahweh experience pain without seeing him

LWKMD!!! You couldn't just resist...you just had to post the above. Now, the above is a post that is struggling to find meaning...
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by ooman(m): 10:17am On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

LWKMD!!! You couldn't just resist...you just had to post the above. Now, the above is a post that is struggling to find meaning...

simply because it destroys your position right?
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by Nobody: 10:18am On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

...and you believe shaking someone's hands is okay?

#What has the white man done to you?

Strawman..........

I believe, bowing or nodding and greeting are enough.......

Why should I lie down like a slave?
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by Nobody: 10:19am On May 04, 2013
ooman:

Epic....just placed at the right time!
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by Nobody: 10:39am On May 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Strawman..........

I believe, bowing or nodding and greeting are enough.......

Why should I lie down like a slave?

The Japanese bow, the whites shake, Yoruba's prostrate, my people believe in vocal greetings etc so what's the biggy?

There was a time I went to visit the traditional ruler in Badagry and it is their custom to lie prostrate while using the cheeks to touch the ground (both sides)...I did that despite it not being my culture.

Doing that did not make me a slave or whatever you decide to call it...it's high time we respected the cultures and beliefs of others as long as they are not hurting anyone.

1 Like

Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by Nobody: 10:40am On May 04, 2013
ooman:

simply because it destroys your position right?

How?
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by Nobody: 10:46am On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

The Japanese bow, the whites shake, Yoruba's prostrate, my people believe in vocal greetings etc so what's the biggy?

There was a time I went to visit the traditional ruler in Badagry and it is their custom to lie prostrate while using the cheeks to touch the ground (both sides)...I did that despite it not being my culture.

Doing that did not make me a slave or whatever you decide to call it...it's high time we respected the [size=18pt]cultures and beliefs[/size] of others as long as they are not hurting anyone.

Replace "culture and beliefs" with religion/gods and maybe you will understand my problem. wink

Tell me, why should my expensive clothes touch the ground for an old bagger?
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by Nobody: 10:53am On May 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Replace "culture and beliefs" with religion/gods and maybe you will understand my problem. wink

It still does not change anything...I do not subscribe to the worship of Sango and the likes but it does not mean I go about disrespecting those who do and I certainly do not abuse/insult their gods...

Logicboy03:
Tell me, why should my expensive clothes touch the ground for an old bagger?

Probably because you would want to win that 2 billion naira business deal? grin

1 Like

Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by Nobody: 11:22am On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

It still does not change anything...I do not subscribe to the worship of Sango and the likes but it does not mean I go about disrespecting those who do and I certainly do not abuse/insult their gods...

Probably because you would want to win that 2 billion naira business deal? grin

Agreed, you're making sense this time wink
Re: On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Morning boss,

Saw this but can't ignore...yeah, yeah...I know, I am a dumb azz, puny brained, orthodox idiiot but I aint leaving till I say my bit grin.

Now to the rather interesting quote above...What exactly do you mean when you say 'rights'? Are you talking about doing what is just? What is correct?, or better still, doing what is in line with the principles of right conduct?

Every living thing is subject to the unwritten laws of nature...animals have rights in this regards...a lion will be considered doing its civic duty by mother nature when it kills an antelope for lunch but does this same lion have any business sniffing the anus of that antelope? Your guess is as good as mine..

Actually it's not. grin
I'll assume you think what is not right is wrong. You see a lion sniffing the anus of an antelope is just unusual behaviour, but there is nothing inherently wrong with it. I do agree that there are unwritten universal laws, but these laws do not have to apply to every Dickson and Harry, and they don't. Because you see something weird, strange, new, even disgusting [which is an extremely subjective term], does not mean it is wrong. Anyway, I was just being sarcastic when I said animals had no rights, but by rights I meant privileges they should enjoy, not principles to follow.
And lest I forget, you are the real boss, I'm just a troublemaking lad.grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Beautiful Things Of Easter / Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? / Oh! Pastor Chris, It Is Not Your Fault!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.