Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Official Languages Of African Countries---very Sad - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Official Languages Of African Countries---very Sad (12011 Views)

Which Top Ten African Countries to you Contribute To The Image Of Africa Today? / Endangered Languages Of Nigeria + Others / Pictures Of African Traditional Clothing! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Official Languages Of African Countries---very Sad by somalia5: 7:44pm On May 05, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

and they make up only around 10% of SOmalias population.

probably..........but my people speak the somali language, their own language.....we been living near arabia and trading and we still managed to keep our language over thousands of years of trade

you guys just got kidnapped by a few whites, and boooom, already your national languages are european....lol
Re: Official Languages Of African Countries---very Sad by terrytastiq: 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
i wonder why you guys are even responding to such superficial inexpensive nonsense. i pray this is a thought of just an individual from somalia and not the perception of the entire country. from where i come no one goes to somalia. if they should go there they are probably pursuing a case study on the somali species- a ridiculous excuse for being human. as far as education takes us, somalia is not even a country. it's a geographical setting that makes HELL a pleasant place to live
Re: Official Languages Of African Countries---very Sad by soarbeyond(m): 10:47am On Dec 20, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

THANK GODS!!!!!!! some sensible people still exist. I was about to post this myself but i doubted anyone would comprehend.

YOU SOMALIBOY, THESE ARE "OFFICIAL" LANGUAGES FOR OFFICIAL WORK. NOT "NATIONAL LANGUAGES" . ANY COUNTRY WHO DOESNT USE ENGLISH AS AN "OFFICIAL" LANGUAGE, IN MY OPINION IS A BACKWARD NATION. E.G. SOMALIA.

This is dumbest statement I have ever heard !!!.....so the several hundred countries who have french,spanish,Portuguese,arabic,mandarin etc as their official language are backward ?!.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

He refused to Prostrate as Yoruba culture demands / Origin Of The Benin Empire / What Are The Names Of These Animals In Your Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.