Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,794 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

The Population Of Males Exceeds Females - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Population Of Males Exceeds Females (11899 Views)

The Ghanaian-Igbo-Yoruba Woman That Saved The Population Of Lagos From Ebola / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Largest Population? / Why Do Males Verbally Degrade The Female Relatives Of Males They Quarrel With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by sosisi(f): 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2009
This is a strong case against polygamy since many of them tell us there are more females than males.
That is a lie from the pit of hell.
The world facts tell us there are more males than females in the world.
Infact in virtually all Muslim countries eg Iran,Iraq,Saudi Arabia, Pakistan,Oman,Afghanistan,Egypt,Kuwait where polygamy runs rampant than in most other nations, there are more males that females ,[/b]some with very significant margins.
A country like Quatar has a 2:1 male /female ratio.

[b]Nigeria has more males than females too.

Now you know that what you've been fed all along are all lies,lies and more lies.
Check out the facts for yourselves.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2018.html
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by SisiJinx: 9:30pm On Aug 15, 2009
Wait does this mean we can start saying. . . “you berra behave yourself coz wives are scarce oh” to men?

Yessssssssssssssssssss!!

You pray and you pray, you hope and you hope. . .that’s one day, maybe one day, something like this will happen but deep down, you don’t think it will and just when you are about to give up. . .it happens!!!

Oh Happy Day!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2009
rotflmao @sisijinx grin
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by sosisi(f): 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2009
Sisi you are one crazy gal
Infact it's time to begin having 2 husbands
One senior,the main the main husband
and a junior husband  to fill in any available spaces

why did you edit angry
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by C2H5OH(f): 9:34pm On Aug 15, 2009
Or maybe y'all won't be as damning towards men as in previous years, considering there's a surplus of men for you to work with
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by SisiJinx: 9:35pm On Aug 15, 2009
Lmao! I'm sorry, I'm trying to behave myself.

Peeps are watching me, cheesy
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by sosisi(f): 9:38pm On Aug 15, 2009
C2H5OH:

Or maybe y'all won't be as damning towards men as in previous years, considering there's a surplus of men for you to work with

Before I saw this research,I always doubted the popular opinion of shortage of men.
Any average looking gal can tell you she has at least 4-5 serious chasers at every point in her life.
Where then is the shortage?
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by SisiJinx: 9:41pm On Aug 15, 2009
C2H5OH:

Nah, now we won't even bother wasting our emotions (which includes damning) on 'em, since they dime a dozen. You misbehave and you are outta the game baby!!

Who's your daddy now? cool

1 Like

Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by C2H5OH(f): 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2009
ME of course. I'm still the daddy. It is you who complain of a shortage of good men, so if you manage to find that needle in the haystack you better act right and beg him to put a ring on it.

$osisi:

Before I saw this research,I always doubted the popular opinion of shortage of men.
Any average looking gal can tell you she has at least 4-5 serious chasers at every point in her life.
Where then is the shortage?

I fail to understand that too. I have always felt the scarcity of women for sure. Most women I try toasting are already sprung to some man.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by chiogo(f): 12:24am On Aug 16, 2009
LOL I heard this report somewhere too.

I've also always doubted the scarcity of men talk. scarcity for where?? cheesy tongue Now, it's confirmed.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 16, 2009
I hope so. I've always wanted 3 husbands who'd spend on me.

What a life cool
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by sosisi(f): 12:32am On Aug 16, 2009
FL Gators:

I hope so. I've always wanted 3 husbands who'd spend on me.

What a life cool

LOL
I main husband,the breadwinner and 2 spares
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by netotse(m): 12:51am On Aug 16, 2009
@sisi jinx et al
its not the quantity its the quality. . .*dancing* i always wanted to say that to someone!
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by C2H5OH(f): 12:57am On Aug 16, 2009
that's what i said. there's a surplus of men but a shortage of good men.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by netotse(m): 1:20am On Aug 16, 2009
@C2H5OH
dont mind women jare

@thread
in short i have vexed and removed myself from the market, now there is one less eligible male. . .there!
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by oyinda3(f): 1:43am On Aug 16, 2009
but women always seem to outnumber the men for some reason. maybe the age barcket. u kno especially in those countries u mention, girls can marry from age 13 so when u think abt that, female population seem very abundant compared to marriageable aged males.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by Nobody: 1:45am On Aug 16, 2009
C2H5OH:

that's what i said. there's a surplus of men but a shortage of good men.

Isn't that a shame?
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by Nobody: 1:47am On Aug 16, 2009
oyinda.:

but women always seem to outnumber the men for some reason. maybe the age barcket. u kno especially in those countries u mention, girls can marry from age 13 so when u think abt that, female population seem very abundant compared to marriageable aged males.
I read it somewhere, from a document, that claims that it has to do with the biafra war.
Men were the victim, many sent to battle. Leads to women being more populated then men, men were then expected to marry more than one woman. Leads to polygamy undecided
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by netotse(m): 2:00am On Aug 16, 2009
FL Gators:

I read it somewhere, from a document, that claims that it has to do with the biafra war.
Men were the victim, many sent to battle. Leads to women being more populated then men, men were then expected to marry more than one woman. Leads to polygamy undecided

that info is false o. . .in naija i know for certain that as at 2 years ago the numbers were equal according to official statistics(i'm too lazy to look for any official numbers as evidence thats why i didnt bring it up until now)

women die in childbirth here. . .that prolly counts as something
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by Nobody: 2:39am On Aug 16, 2009
netotse:

that info is false o. . .in naija i know for certain that as at 2 years ago the numbers were equal according to official statistics(i'm too lazy to look for any official numbers as evidence thats why i didnt bring it up until now)

women die in childbirth here. . .that prolly counts as something

Then the info would be correct concerning Polygamy, but not the recent Gender population of Nigeria
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by C2H5OH(f): 2:42am On Aug 16, 2009
stillwater:

Isn't that a shame?
Yes it's a shame. It's also a shame that most women know this but choose to submit themselves to substandard men, instead of toughing it out and waiting until the better men come along.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by kaylonda(f): 3:23am On Aug 16, 2009
YIPPIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
i guess this means i can now accept all TOLA'z gifts, the return ticket to abuja from MUSA and still kip my baby'z (IFEANYI) ring grin grin
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by Sissy3(f): 6:53am On Aug 25, 2009
kaylonda:

YIPPIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
i guess this means i can now accept all TOLA'z gifts, the return ticket to abuja from MUSA and still kip my baby'z (IFEANYI) ring grin grin

LOL grin grin
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by kaylonda(f): 11:00pm On Aug 25, 2009
grin grin
@ sissy
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by Tsiya(m): 12:54pm On Aug 29, 2009
There is certainly shortage of female especially in some parts of the North. If you really want to marry someone from your town, you have to book early. I have known ppl that have to book a girl as young as 11 for marriage. Last time I went home, specifically to start wife hunting, I had rough time. The only free girls (among the marriageble ones) are below 15 and mostly in Secondary Schools. All the girls are booked. Infact it is common to for a girl to have more than one suitor at the same time. And all of them given time to proof their love. Some girls give men time table. You come tomorrow, the next day another guy will come. Or u will come 8 - 9pm, and another guy will be waiting for you by quater to 9, so that his time will start 9 - 10pm. Looking for a wife in the north is terrible.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by Seun(m): 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2009
Yeah, in a polygamous culture, women are bound to be scarce.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by agathamari(f): 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2009
oyinda.:

in those countries peple marry off girls very young and the get pregnant before thier bodies can handle it and die durring chidbirth. saw a documentary by BBC on the housa. the reportr asked how mny of the men had a wife or daughter die in childbirth and every man raised his hand.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by TheSeeker(m): 11:38pm On Aug 29, 2009
Keep wallowing in that report to console yourself. You can't shy away from the truth and that is the scarcity of good guys. OK, a girl has about five chasers? Just how many of those five chasers are the real deal? A little cold truth for you here: How many of you have a stable boyfriend you can be proud of? That right there is where the scarcity of men lies.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by Seun(m): 11:43am On Aug 30, 2009
OK, a girl has about five chasers? Just how many of those five chasers are the real deal?
And how many of the women they are chasing are the real wife materials? It works both ways man.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by 4Play(m): 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2009
The headline is misleading. It's mainly the result of the undercounting of women in censuses conducted in most Muslim areas.

The only places you will get men outnumbering women are places like India and China where family planning policies has led to more abortion of female foetuses.
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by koolchicco: 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2009
Wow,now i have some materials to work with.'Men'! tongue cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: The Population Of Males Exceeds Females by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2009
4 Play:

The headline is misleading. It's mainly the result of the undercounting of women in censuses conducted in most Muslim areas.

The only places you will get[b] men outnumbering women are places like India and China[/b] where family planning policies has led to more abortion of female foetuses.

Very true. Its been projected that a girl will have about 15 boys to herself in 10 years time.
But I still find it difficult to understand why ladies from these places would first ask you for marriage before you even have a date with them. Most of them consider it a jackpot to have a man who has an interest in them, not to talk of proposing to them.

So curious. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians And Their Yellow Eyes. / A Man Cannot Claim A Child If He Did Not Marry The Mother (igbos Only) / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: "I Didn't Visit Dangote For Money"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.