Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean (74413 Views)

Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Alpha Splash / I Need Some Info About Tecno N3 / A New Tecno Phone (tecno N3) -soon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 2:22pm On May 13, 2013
0Edward0: Please how do i flash CWM Recovery

Well...d fastest way is thru fastboot...buh d deal is...after flashing, tecno has a mind of its own. Normally, u shud be able to boot into ur custom recovery d same way u boot into ur stock recovery (seeing as u av replaced ur stock wiv d custom). Unfortunately, u'll get stuck @ d tecno logo. So, flashing is only half d process...accessing is d other half.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by davidoisamoje: 3:54pm On May 13, 2013
"Simply repeat the same process for the
(sys.yaffs2.img) file"

pls I don't understand this step pls someone should pls help were will I see this file?
Am try to flash custom rom to my N3
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 4:34pm On May 13, 2013
davidoisamoje: "Simply repeat the same process for the
(sys.yaffs2.img) file"

pls I don't understand this step pls someone should pls help were will I see this file?
Am try to flash custom rom to my N3

In layman's terms:
Fastboot flash boot boot.img
Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Fastboot flash system sys.yaffs2.img

Shikena. Don't forget to boot into recovery first...den clean cache and reset data...else u might get boot loop.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by guente02(m): 8:38pm On May 13, 2013
How do i restore my second partition in .tar format?
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by banii: 9:10pm On May 13, 2013
I like dis custom rom thanks guys good work smiley
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Lawalmd(m): 11:52am On May 14, 2013
nice rom but it's some how not easy to go through all the partition process and the terminal scripts and I would suggest you put a list of what and what has been taken out of the rom like for instance no radio fm, no email app, no music player, etc so that who ever wants to flash would know what to expect
keep the good work up Bro

1 Like

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by puskin: 1:21pm On May 14, 2013
Too much protocol dey to flash dis Tecno phones.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by 4peace(m): 7:28am On May 15, 2013
Lawalmd: nice rom but it's some how not easy to go through all the partition process and the terminal scripts and I would suggest you put a list of what and what has been taken out of the rom like for instance no radio fm, no email app, no music player, etc so that who ever wants to flash would know what to expect
keep the good work up Bro

still wondering why those app was removed because they are essential
fm radio
music player
email
browser why
if removing default app i think you should give better replacement to them if not leave them
Go launcher take more space than default or better still use holo launcher and locker(fast,use less ram,light)

Kudos nice job overall
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by 4peace(m): 7:35am On May 15, 2013
puskin: Too much protocol dey to flash dis Tecno phones.
Yes but good when doing it once daz all,u will understand better
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by bigdee94: 12:00pm On May 15, 2013
i luv this rom tho....I flashed it in, no stress...partitioned my sd,card, easy....gta3 now plays smoothly with all effects on....but I noticed that tecno n3 is not really good with games that have large obb files(just closes at will)...so I would suggest that u guyz should download large games with ''data'' files...e.g. I didn't experience any problem playing gangster rio(1.92gb)....cuz it wuz a data file game
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by bigdee94: 12:05pm On May 15, 2013
@xanders.....I noticed that the mini partition tool does not see the other partitions wen view using the tecno phone as d reader ...but d fat32 partition shows d size I gave it when partitioning(which is kinda looking good)...plz I nid u to tell me if I am on track grin
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by 4peace(m): 1:01pm On May 15, 2013
bigdee94: @xanders.....I noticed that the mini partition tool does not see the other partitions wen view using the tecno phone as d reader ...but d fat32 partition shows d size I gave it when partitioning(which is kinda looking good)...plz I nid u to tell me if I am on track grin

Using Tecno as reader will not work cos i had try that b4 so many time cool

But until i wanted to buy card reader that my sense just told me to test it on my Nokia c7 as mass storage holai it worked greatly(using that method since)

So summary
Try using any other fone that support connecting your fone as mass memory(Usb mode)
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Berryman: 1:49pm On May 15, 2013
xanders: Known bug: memory low issue...
only for apps that need to install in phone memory, regardless you can still install your large Game files hitch free.

That being said....
lets understand that...
The critical advantage of this ROM is the shell root...which allows for full modding (i.e. modification) of the system files of your device!! albeit,at your own risk shocked; however; your life belt being your nandroid backup (see why this is so important)
hitherto...we couldnt successfully apply shell scripts(bits of android programing code), terminal command line mods and so on without getting a "silly-flag" here and a "permission-denied" there, for the newbies (average user) this isnt relevant undecided, but on the other hand for Developers (Android Hackers) shocked, this is a pain in headache.

so should I say, "out with the old and in with the new" grin,

*Oh, lest I forget a new hacks available for your N3, (All Thanks to xda-developers and Messers Aryo Hetfield)
Running Mordern combat 4, PES 2012 and browsing, on N3...at the same time shocked!

requirements:
1. GB RPM or other shell rooted CR (custom rom)installed android device
2. Root Explorer
3. Android terminal emulator
4. unit-init.d download here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1933849
5. term-init.sh script download here http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390169635556426791
4. three partition SD card (fat32, ext2, and Linuxswap pref: 512mb+) *very important dont try without it you can brick your phone!
5. A little understanding of android scripting or want to try and wont mind bricking your phone

a. for GB users only: open swapper2 and turn of swap.
b. also for GB users: use link2sd to uninstall swapper2,
c. use link2sd or titanium backup to uninstall swapper, or any other swapping/memory boosting app you have installed
d. open "android terminal emulator" and enter the following code: (after entering each line of code press enter)

prelude:

install uni-init.d enabler

copy term-init.sh to sdcard root

run uni-init.d enabler

click verify init.d support, you should get a result saying you dont have init.d support

open android terminal emulator and enter the following script: (remember to press enter after each line and NOTE CAPITAL and small letters matter alot in Android scripting)
type: su
type: sh /sdcard/term-init.sh
#let the android run script

when done:
open terminal emulator and type :: reboot
you android should restart:

open terminal emulator and type :: reboot (again)
you android should restart:

open unit-init.d enabler and click verify: if all was done properly you should get a "success! you have init.d support"

now, to enble linux swap partition

open
1. type: su

2. type: fdisk -l dev/block/mmcblk0

3. type: swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

3. then type: echo 100 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

B. open root explorer

click the "mount r/w" at the top right side of the screen

goto system/etc/init.d

create two files named "androidswap", and "fstab" (click: options, more, new file)

1. click on "androidswap", click text editor:
enter the following script:

#!/system/bin/sh
swapon dev/block/mmcblk0p3
echo 100 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

save changes

2. click on "fstab", click text editor:
enter the following script:

/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 swap swap

save changes

lastly,

long click (hold down) androidswap, a menu will open
click permissions:
enter the following permissions:

owner: click (read, write, execute) i.e should have 3 ticks
group: click (read, execute) untick (write) i.e. should have 2 ticks
others: unclick (read, write, execute) i.e. should have no tick

Restart your Phone and Enjoy!!!
if you need apps go to [url]apkmania.com[/url]

Pls consider d three bold highlights:
1. Does one include d two colons ( :: ) b4 entering reboot?
2. Is dat -l (as in d letter l) or -1 (as in one)?
3. Is there a space or two spaces between d two 'swap' and ar they on d same line as d previous inputs?
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by aIIkae: 7:47pm On May 15, 2013
D memory low issue is still unsolved and alive...even with the link2sd. And if I use mount2sd ma fone will bootloop.
So I'm not really sure if its better.
Has any1 used mount2sd and is it better?
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 11:41am On May 16, 2013
Der is a way to move all ur apps to ur 2nd partition using link2sd and root explorer. Risky, cos if u don't do it well, #phoneBrick...buh it wrks. Currently aving 2GB as my internal memory and all my apps (and I mean ALL) are installed on "internal". Only my large games (like MC4) are on Mem card.

Current usage of 2nd partition: 538MB / 2048MB.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Berryman: 8:28pm On May 16, 2013
elegale: Der is a way to move all ur apps to ur 2nd partition using link2sd and root explorer. Risky, cos if u don't do it well, #phoneBrick...buh it wrks. Currently aving 2GB as my internal memory and all my apps (and I mean ALL) are installed on "internal". Only my large games (like MC4) are on Mem card.

Current usage of 2nd partition: 538MB / 2048MB.
How does it work wit RE?
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 12:03am On May 17, 2013
Berryman: How does it work wit RE?

RE What's that??
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by aIIkae: 4:55am On May 17, 2013
Make una talk o
Cuz ma memory is almost full
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by aIIkae: 10:02am On May 17, 2013
Iv noticed that if i wipe data after flashing, my phone will bootloop after a few restarts. Tried it on anoda n3. Same.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Berryman: 4:43pm On May 17, 2013
elegale:

RE What's that??
Root Explorer. But don't wory as i've seen ur tread on hw to do dat.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Berryman: 4:47pm On May 17, 2013
aIIkae: Iv noticed that if i wipe data after flashing, my phone will bootloop after a few restarts. Tried it on anoda n3. Same.
seriously? Did u restore previous data in anyway after flashing?
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Berryman: 4:51pm On May 17, 2013
@xanders, where ar u na. Pls provide another link 4 'unit-init.d' (culdn't find any dload link at xda) and answer my previous questions.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 17, 2013
Brainrex: Nice job brother
wish i still own this device sad cry

Are we expecting a paid version??

I ported a working cmw (displays via ASM)
Modded stock ROM ICS feel

Tecno n3
[img]http://foto.pk/images/5338256543.jpg[/img]

[img]http://foto.pk/images/5528265874.jpg[/img]

[img]http://foto.pk/images/5264935874.jpg[/img]
whr'd you get your modded rom and cwm

1 Like

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 12:32am On May 18, 2013
aIIkae: Iv noticed that if i wipe data after flashing, my phone will bootloop after a few restarts. Tried it on anoda n3. Same.

Errmmmm....u r supposed to wipe data and cache immediately after flashin...even before u boot ur fone. If u get boot loop, den probably u flashed d wrong img into boot. Make sure u flash boot.img into boot and recovery.img into recovery.

**ahem** dazzol.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Nobody: 7:23am On May 18, 2013
I'll be posting cyanogen mod 7.2 custom rom for n3 shortly
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Berryman: 8:38am On May 18, 2013
Kiggster: I'll be posting cyanogen mod 7.2 custom rom for n3 shortly
Bring it on, lets love-vendor dis baby!
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by xanders(m): 8:55am On May 18, 2013
Berryman: Pls consider d three bold highlights:
1. Does one include d two colons ( :: ) b4 entering reboot?
2. Is dat -l (as in d letter l) or -1 (as in one)?
3. Is there a space or two spaces between d two 'swap' and ar they on d same line as d previous inputs?

Dont include : before reboot
And, - is minus and | is gotten by pressing ?123 button then alt button
Lastly, its one space between swap

aIIkae: D memory low issue is still unsolved and alive...even with the link2sd. And if I use mount2sd ma fone will bootloop.
So I'm not really sure if its better.
Has any1 used mount2sd and is it better?

Memory low issue is only live for apps that require install on the emmc or internal sd
However, as uve noticed it blows no whisle (insufficient memory) when inatalling games with large APK files.
Berryman: @xanders, where ar u na. Pls provide another link 4 'unit-init.d' (culdn't find any dload link at xda) and answer my previous questions.

Cooking up the GingerBean Final. I do view comments on this thread inorder to make appropriate corrections where necessary. Im almost done with it and soon will good to load, but Its still being test See image attached...alongside answering numerous calls and im's. Luv ya all.
Anyway get uni-initd link soonest....Actually, you dont really require uni-int.d enbler to do anything, its just a init.d support checker, just like root-checker is to check for root cheesy

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by xanders(m): 9:50am On May 18, 2013
1. Need a dead N3 ASAP
2. System.yaffs2.img for N7 ASAP
3. Legitimate business man/woman grin
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by aIIkae: 9:54am On May 18, 2013
Berryman: seriously? Did u restore previous data in anyway after flashing?
nope...
Wen I flaShed it d first time, afta I updated link2sd and others and also download a few apps and activate swap....a restart was in order.
But it refused to boot until I wiped it again.
And it still refuses to boot if I update and restart.
Tried it on a friend's fone...same.
So wat I did was to flash d stock rom and den flash the custom rom. Dat way, I won't need to wipe data on first boot.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by aIIkae: 10:03am On May 18, 2013
elegale:

Errmmmm....u r supposed to wipe data and cache immediately after flashin...even before u boot ur fone. If u get boot loop, den probably u flashed d wrong img into boot. Make sure u flash boot.img into boot and recovery.img into recovery.

**ahem** dazzol.
yes I wipe immediately after I flash....but I'm sayin dat my phone is more stable when I don't wipe after flashing.
So I flash twice to cover the wiping.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by aIIkae: 10:06am On May 18, 2013
@xanders if dat is haw d final rom is gonna be.....d red color for the notification bar is not nice.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by xanders(m): 10:20am On May 18, 2013
aIIkae: @xanders if dat is haw d final rom is gonna be.....d red color for the notification bar is not nice.
ok...noted...(however, i dont think the man-u fans would mind) initially i concidered black with a 3d look

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

Why Is Everybody Selling His/her Infinix Hot 2?? / You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. / How To Transfer Airtime To Bank Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.