Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Web Programmers I Need Your Help On A Project! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Web Programmers I Need Your Help On A Project! (727 Views)

Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee / Nairaland Programmers I Need Your Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Programmers I Need Your Help On A Project! by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 03, 2013
Hey Programmers,

I am currently working on a project in which I will need to modify google's free voice-to-speech source code
to make it spit out voice inputs to text in a text file on my computer in addition to having it display the output on the web (which it currently does).

Here's the application: http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/demos/speech.html
And Here's the source code: view-source:http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/demos/speech.html

I haven't done any web programming before (I have done other non-web related stuffs though) and just ended up having this as my final project for a research I have been working on all semester. Is there any one here who can help me with info on where to start from? I don't know HTML5 yet or JavaScript, which is the language in which the code is written and really don't have much time left for me to try to start learning those now.

I have studied the source code but don't really understand which part actually does spit out the text for users to see and what to modify ...

It would be very helpful if any of you can look at the source code and help me with info on where to focus on and what to change.

Also, does anyone think it's possible for me to download the source code and try to run it successfully from my desktop?
I have tried it severally but it just doesn't work...

Thanks in advance!
Re: Web Programmers I Need Your Help On A Project! by spikesC(m): 12:01am On May 04, 2013
This is the base api

var recognition = new webkitSpeechRecognition();

Documentation
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/speech-api/raw-file/tip/speechapi.html

Research on it
Re: Web Programmers I Need Your Help On A Project! by spikesC(m): 12:05am On May 04, 2013
Gosh, i just saw this
I don't know HTML5 yet or JavaScript

omo, you're going no where ooo

1 Like

Re: Web Programmers I Need Your Help On A Project! by WhiZTiM(m): 3:05am On May 04, 2013
spikes C: Gosh, i just saw this

....hehehe.... Very funny!
Re: Web Programmers I Need Your Help On A Project! by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 04, 2013
spikes C: Gosh, i just saw this

I mean... I have been using Java, C, Matlab and Python for about a year now... I am actually heading somewhere tongue

Thanks for helping me with that documentation spikes. I will look through it and post questions here.

1 Like

Re: Web Programmers I Need Your Help On A Project! by spikesC(m): 2:33pm On May 04, 2013
ekwah:

I mean... I have been using Java, C, Matlab and Python for about a year now... I am actually heading somewhere tongue

Thanks for helping me with that documentation spikes. I will look through it and post questions here.

No probs amigo..Goodluck on ya quest

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Personality Type You Programmer ? / You've Been Hacked! Here's What To Do / What Are The Best Mobile/Web-Based Online Businesses To Build In Nigeria/Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.