Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,006 members, 7,821,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

I Know The Way - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / I Know The Way (810 Views)

I Know I Love Her / I Know I'll See You Again / Just The Way You Are (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Know The Way by enix2dmix: 1:32am On May 04, 2013
Looking back down the years of the little time i have spent
When I joined the rat race of life
The race that is filled with toil and sweat
The tracks filled with thorns that tear away my very soul
Lots of turnings
Lots of bends
Lots of decisions to make
While I ran, the race seemed endless
The tracks continued beyond the horizon, leading me to a place I knew not
I looked around me and I watched my fellows drop like flies
Then I knew that I could fall out of the race at any moment
As I ran through time, I stumbled, I fumbled and I tripped… but I kept going, running, and knowing that there had to be something waiting for me, only if I finish the race.
I tried to follow the world, to run in everyone’s shadow but I found out that the world was blind, its thinking was shallow and it did not know where it was going
I got tired of following; I decided to find my own way, regardless of what people might say,
ALAS!!! I ended up frustrated because I did not know the way
I met a lot of people who said that they knew the way but it was just another lie we were all heading to the say place which is NOWHERE.
I continued in my journey to nowhere till one day, I came across some fellows, they were smiling in their sweat, rejoicing in their toil… they seemed to know where they were going, I looked into their eyes and I saw purpose and a clearly defined sense of direction,
I asked one of them “sir, do you know the way?”
He answered me with the confidence of a General saying “YES!!!, I know the way, I am on the way”
He opened the book of books and read “JESUS is the way, the truth and the life”
I asked him “how do I find this JESUS?”
He again read from the book “JESUS said “seek me and you will find me”
Perplexed, tired, about to give up, I said “sir, I want to see this JESUS”
He smiled and said “join us, we are on the way”
I joined them, continued with them and from that moment I no longer felt the pain the trials and travails life once caused me
I overcame my trials, resisted temptations, because I knew I was on the way
What more can I say
I am on the way
Jesus is the way.

(1) (Reply)

Be Happy And Never Give Up / Letter To The Aborted Child / First Nite With Favourite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.