Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US (34520 Views)

Photos From Julie Odiah's Traditional Wedding / Ex- Super Eagles Defender Chidi Odiah Turns Taxi Cab Driver In The US / Chidi Odiah Dumps Wife And Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by RealMccoy2(m): 8:22pm On May 05, 2013
50calibre:

No you are missing the bigger picture. This isn't about money, it's about class. You can't compare a BANKER to a CAB DRIVER anywhere, regardless of how much the cabbie earns. One is skilled and the other is unskilled.

A banker in Nigeria might be forced to attract customers using some unorthodox methods, but at the end of the day, the status of a banker in Nigeria is higher in relation to that of a cab diver in the US.
Define a Banker,sir? You seems to contradict your statement,if those so called bank marketers in Nigeria have dignity how come they did not resign or sue the Bank that pimped them? Your bolded statement has already undermined the dignity in Nigerian bankers. Where in the globe do you live if I may ask? Majority of Cab drivers in US are graduate from either US universities or foreign universities. I doubt you understand," dignity of labor" ? I am done arguing with you, please put on a thinking Cap.
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by jookco(m): 8:26pm On May 05, 2013
Am not ashamed to call my self a cab drivers in the city of new york, some weeks i make what the so called professionals make in two weeks,and fix my self with costant body exercise. Proud to drive cab than to defraud people like many Nigerians here.
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by RealMccoy2(m): 8:27pm On May 05, 2013
delors:
you r even more myopic than the guy self. if u earn 80k in d states being a driver, how much of that 80k do u actually spend n how much is taxed? Get it straight camel...these days dont think because u earn 80k in america n u ll be a billionnaire in naija...thats bull. stop converting dollars to naira directly. u make 80k annually in d statws u damn well gonna spend it in d states n i ll be happy to hear its sufficient for u n ur 5member fam. its not mathematics bro.
Are you suffering from memory loss or just reading comprehension? Where did I say 80k? I would not blame you but Nigeria's system of education. Please don't compare your devaluated currency to that of US and if you don't have any sensible thing to contribute, mute or go play with your sister's toys.
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by Tinyemeka(m): 8:28pm On May 05, 2013
goldfish80: Hmmm from football star to cab driver under 2 years, who did he offend in his village? undecided

OkijaJuju, over to you.
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by Btruth: 8:29pm On May 05, 2013
kennyonthrone: Op I dnt bliv dis ur story he can't b dat broke

Maybe he was warming up until when he will be broke then. ........lol
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by RealMccoy2(m): 8:32pm On May 05, 2013
jookco: Am not ashamed to call my self a cab drivers in the city of new york, some weeks i make what the so called professionals make in two weeks,and fix my self with costant body exercise. Proud to drive cab than to defraud people like many Nigerians here.
Don't listen to those empty vessels based in Nigeria. Laziness made them to seek ritualism as means of earning wealth. I would not be surprise these same scumbags will hustle to carry your bag for a piece of crumb at MMA in Lagos on arrival. I don't take these jobless scumbags seriously, they are washed up youths with nothing meaningful to contribute to the decaying society. In another topic on here, a Bank called Stanbik or what ever laid off hundreds of employees, if Bankers are all that in Nigeria,how come their job is not guaranteed? Niggaz back home just been hating on the progressive .
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by esanland: 8:35pm On May 05, 2013
goldfish80: Hmmm from football star to cab driver under 2 years, who did he offend in his village? undecided
Nonsense, u are so ignorant. Free yourself free from superstition. did u know how yellow cab driver make in new york?
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by Tinyemeka(m): 8:41pm On May 05, 2013
Crown Prince: Chei see as life don take reverse turn for my childhood friend ooh. Use to buy him pure water after trainings with the street locals in diobu area of port harcourt and few years later he is Big but this... From estranged wife to career somersault, God I don't want to buy him pure water again ooh

Cheiya...
But were u crowned prince before or after u finished selling the pure water? undecided
Crown Prince: Chei see as life don take reverse turn for my childhood friend ooh. Use to buy him pure water after trainings with the street locals in diobu area of port harcourt and few years later he is Big but this... From estranged wife to career somersault, God I don't want to buy him pure water again ooh

Cheiya...
But were u crowned prince before or after u finished selling the pure water?
It doesn't marra if you bought or sold. Ok? All we know is that there was a water.

So. When? The crowning. Before or after the pure water?
No ooofffiense!!! angry
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by Tinyemeka(m): 8:42pm On May 05, 2013
esanland:
Nonsense, u are so ignorant. Free yourself free from superstition. did u know how yellow cab driver make in new york?

Nna how much?
Dude I'm serious.
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by 50calibre(m): 8:47pm On May 05, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Define a Banker,sir? You seems to contradict your statement,if those so called bank marketers in Nigeria have dignity how come they did not resign or sue the Bank that pimped them? Your bolded statement has already undermined the dignity in Nigerian bankers. Where in the globe do you live if I may ask? Majority of Cab drivers in US are graduate from either US universities or foreign universities. I doubt you understand," dignity of labor" ? I am done arguing with you, please put on a thinking Cap.

I think you should heed your own advise. It's a know fact that you can't compare a white collar job to a blue collar. Not now, not ever. The social circle a banker finds him/herself in is far different from that of a banker, the career prospects of a banker is far greater than that of a cab driver.

Don't think only bankers in Nigeria are being exploited, if you know what happens on Wall Street or any other world financial centre, and the kind of shady deals some are forced to indulge in, you would be shocked.

I live in London, and yes some of the cab drivers in the US are graduates, but I'm sure being a cabbie isn't their ideal job, and I'm also sure if you give them a better alternative, they would jump on it in a heart beat.

3 Likes

Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by Tinyemeka(m): 8:49pm On May 05, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Don't listen to those empty vessels based in Nigeria. Laziness made them to seek ritualism as means of earning wealth. I would not be surprise these same scumbags will hustle to carry your bag for a piece of crumb at MMA in Lagos on arrival. I don't take these jobless scumbags seriously, they are washed up youths with nothing meaningful to contribute to the decaying society. In another topic on here, a Bank called Stanbik or what ever laid off hundreds of employees, if Bankers are all that in Nigeria,how come their job is not guaranteed? Niggaz back home just been hating on the progressive .

O Boy see Big Apple slangs! Choi!
Lagos scumbags una don suffer. Everytime ayam telling you pipu: stop be carrying scummy bags. But u didn't hears. Now see angry
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by blueheffner(m): 9:03pm On May 05, 2013
joeydozzy: Lesson: Get a degree before venturing into any of your dreams
dats not applicable in football cos of the age factor, age is of essense for a sucessfull football career, going to college b4 starting up a career wnt work
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 05, 2013
what did I hear you said,his village has got nothing to do in his present predicament. This is just the end of those who fails to plan their lives,please my dear forget about village thing here. Igbeyin lo nye oloku ada(yoruba adage)
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by begwong: 9:24pm On May 05, 2013
Atleast he is better off than 100million unemployed naija grads.
shebi he is making his earnings in dollars.
By the time u convert his earnings in a month,compared to your valueless naira,na ghana must go d money go dey full.
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by iwanchop(m): 9:37pm On May 05, 2013

And what would a degree have done to his present situation?

1 Like

Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 05, 2013
denitro: Ex-Super Eagles star Chidi Odiah denies being a taxi driver in the US

Former Super Eagles defender, Chidi Odiah, 30, has released a statement denying recent reports that he now drives taxis in the US to survive after being let go by his Russian club, Cska Moscow. See his statement below...
My attention has being drawn to the slandering news going round the online media that I was spotted driving a Taxi somewhere in the United States of America.
I am taking this rebuttal path due to the hurt that story has caused my friends and family members. With due respect to taxi drivers who means of livelihood are through that means, I state, emphatically, that I am not a taxi driver neither am I in the United States of America . I am a professional footballer who loves my profession and yet to resign from playing football.
Chidi Odiahk
http://lindaikeji..com/2013/05/ex-super-eagles-star-chidi-odiah-denies_4.html
BUT WHAT IS SO BAD ABT HIM DRIVING CAB?
IT COULD BE WORSE
THERES THIS EX NBA STAR WHO IS CURRENTLY HOMELESS
HE LIVES IN A BROKEN CAR AND EATS OUT OF A DUMP
ABEG LEAVE D GUY JOOR
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by delors(m): 9:48pm On May 05, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Are you suffering from memory loss or just reading comprehension? Where did I say 80k? I would not blame you but Nigeria's system of education. Please don't compare your devaluated currency to that of US and if you don't have any sensible thing to contribute, mute or go play with your sister's toys.
Oh there you go, Real Mc-COW. Who is comparing the currencies? And damn it, 8k or 80k, the point is if u make 8k in the US monthly as a cab driver (and u gat a family there), u gonna spend the 8k and still complain its not enuff because its not enuff...Open ur brain and flow with the discussion. And blaming Nigeria's education system just simply confirms how myopic you are. cool

1 Like

Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 05, 2013
Nonsense topic for all i care.

The owners of PEACE, IFESINACHI and CHISCO mass transit companies were once drivers. I just wonder how some people reason.

Once in a while i come across people who mock my line of business yet in 2 weeks time they come begging for money. I do laugh at them back later.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 05, 2013

Am sorry, you made no sense...

So he would have starting working with his degree again
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 05, 2013
jayiyke007: @op, did d spotter get to see him closely or meet wit him n confirm d true identity of d cab driver It's obvious, he culd ve been a guy with his luk alike. U got no proof why pronounce him a cab driver. Btw, a cab driver in America earns beta than some office workers in 9ja.

True, people do have striking look alikes. I was walking past an SUV today and went and tapped on the door gently thinking my aunty was the lady sitting inside it. She turned to look at me, yet i was trying to convince myself she was the one. The vehicle wasnt tinted. I only told myself she wasnt the one when she didnt smile at me. I apologized and left. Same complexion, facial expression, body size, nothing different.

It might not be the player they saw. Gossip mongers.
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by BankuTilapia: 10:16pm On May 05, 2013
A fool and his money shall part
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by RealMccoy2(m): 10:35pm On May 05, 2013
delors:
Oh there you go, Real Mc-COW. Who is comparing the currencies? And damn it, 8k or 80k, the point is if u make 8k in the US monthly as a cab driver (and u gat a family there), u gonna spend the 8k and still complain its not enuff because its not enuff...Open ur brain and flow with the discussion. And blaming Nigeria's education system just simply confirms how myopic you are. cool
You are a rhetard. I won't be surprise the house you are squatting in a shared room,in Lagos is owned by a London based proud cab driver. You are a looser, stop been envious and get out to make real money. You have not left your filthy Ajegunle, I doubt you understand the meaning of disposable income or savings. I won't blame you but the system of education that does not allow your likes to be rational thinkers.
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by RealMccoy2(m): 10:48pm On May 05, 2013
50calibre:

I think you should heed your own advise. It's a know fact that you can't compare a white collar job to a blue collar. Not now, not ever. The social circle a banker finds him/herself in is far different from that of a banker, the career prospects of a banker is far greater than that of a cab driver.

Don't think only bankers in Nigeria are being exploited, if you know what happens on Wall Street or any other world financial centre, and the kind of shady deals some are forced to indulge in, you would be shocked.

I live in London,geniusd yes some of the cab drivers in the US are graduates, but I'm sure being a cabbie isn't their ideal job, and I'm also sure if you give them a better alternative, they would jump on it in a heart beat.
From your mere assertion I doubt you live in London. A Nigerian Cabby driver picked me up at Heathrow and then dropped me off at East London, 2005 and I paid him $50, dude charged pair bags and number of heads in his cab and you are telling me Nigerian Bankers have better prospect than dude? This same guy told me he has a rental building in Asaba.Money talks degree is a piece of paper. I have two degree here in the states and what difference does that make? Karl Mallone a former NBA player drives heavy duty Truck as additional income. He is a millionaire who saw Truck driving as a life time passion. Steve job is a genius yet he had no degree. Founder of DELL, Bill gate are alll drop out yet they dictate the life style of thousands of employed graduates working for them.
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 05, 2013
People just see a news and they do not confirm if the news is true or not they will start jumping into conclusion like dog wey miss road,no be only cab driver the guy be na your popsy car him dey drive,and how does this affect the fact that for lagos the traffic is too much.lol.
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 05, 2013
In the late nineties and early 2 mid 2000 b4 the recession naija cab drivers in the US were making 60 uptil 100 grand a yr, they will feed most of u posting sarcastic coments and ur entire family
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by goldfish80(m): 11:17pm On May 05, 2013
esanland:
This guy was playing Champions league football with α top Russian team not more than 2years ago.Won the Russian Championship, Has been super Eagles first choice for nearly 10years,in that period,won the nations cup bronze thrice in a row... Think about this long απϑ hard before coming to yo childish conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by felixtare(m): 11:24pm On May 05, 2013
nonsense story 9ja with rumors self i tire oooooo
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by delors(m): 11:38pm On May 05, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

You are a rhetard. I won't be surprise the house you are squatting in a shared room,in Lagos is owned by a London based proud cab driver. You are a looser, stop been envious and get out to make real money. You have not left your filthy Ajegunle, I doubt you understand the meaning of disposable income or savings. I won't blame you but the system of education that does not allow your likes to be rational thinkers.
Ok, REAL MAD COW...you seem to me a teenager who is still being breast fed by his wretched mom. You are actually a hopeless teenager who is yet to see the real world. i really dont know how living in the states should get high in ur head...If u r fucking living in the states, just tel me what you do for a living...as for me, check my posts/profile. That should tell u enuff about what I do and where I live.
Stop being an ignorant, uncultured, 'pseudo-yankee' i.m.b.e.c.i.l.e.
MAD COW..REAL MAD COW!
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by 50calibre(m): 11:54pm On May 05, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

From your mere assertion I doubt you live in London. A Nigerian Cabby driver picked me up at Heathrow and then dropped me off at East London, 2005 and I paid him $50, dude charged pair bags and number of heads in his cab and you are telling me Nigerian Bankers have better prospect than dude? This same guy told me he has a rental building in Asaba.Money talks degree is a piece of paper. I have two degree here in the states and what difference does that make? Karl Mallone a former NBA player drives heavy duty Truck as additional income. He is a millionaire who saw Truck driving as a life time passion. Steve job is a genius yet he had no degree. Founder of DELL, Bill gate are alll drop out yet they dictate the life style of thousands of employed graduates working for them.

Haha! You must be kidding me. I can't believe you are here advocating illiteracy and manual/unskilled labour yet you claim to have two degrees.

You are giving me examples of entrepreneurs who had great business acumen or ideas, and left school to pursue them, but you fail to look at basic statistics - for every bill gates or Steve jobs, there are a million other people who didnt succeed. You use the likes of bill gates Steve jobs and dell, yet you also fail to realise they all sent their kids to get degrees.

Stop making unnecessary and illiterate comparisons many Nigerians make, comparing the value of dollar to naira, thinking " oh if I convert this $1000 to naira, I have N150,000" it doesn't work that way.

Naira for naira and dollar for dollar, a banker in Nigeria is better off, the question isn't what the dollar can do for you in Nigeria, it is what the dollar can do for you in the US. After tax, utilities and other miscellaneous expenses, Can a cab driver afford a decent mortgage or rent in the US? Can he afford a decent suit and a pair of shoes? A banker in Nigeria can.

I'm not in Nigeria, but my judgement isn't clouded, think straight

6 Likes

Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by XHTML: 12:13am On May 06, 2013
Better a cab driver in the US than in Nigeria, I can assure you.

But then. . .it's a terrible decline.
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by capoditutticapi(m): 12:42am On May 06, 2013
executinal: Seun is high time you caution your MOD with all this their silly front page news always. How can somebody sat down prepare garbage and put on the net and next thing we see the news here in Nairaland.

Last time it was Chimes death rumor
Today again is Chidi Odiah being a taxi driver. Not that is bad thing but all your information on the front page should be screen and confirm first before coming up in the front page.

This is chidi Odiahs responds to that rumor
http://thenigeriangazette.com/i-am-yet-to-resign-from-playing-football-official-statement-from-chidi-odiah/

Better stile stick with celebrity pictures on front page.
I yaf read am. Personally, I didn't beliv d story. 2yrs too short for am to broke like dat. Even dose wey play ball in d early 90s wey football no dey pay well neva dey drive cabu cabu. D news dey embarrassing. Make Baba no let us c downfall
Re: Chidi Odiah Is ATaxi Driver In US by capoditutticapi(m): 12:49am On May 06, 2013
delors:
Ok, REAL MAD COW...you seem to me a teenager who is still being breast fed by his wretched mom. You are actually a hopeless teenager who is yet to see the real world. i really dont know how living in the states should get high in ur head...If u r fucking living in the states, just tel me what you do for a living...as for me, check my posts/profile. That should tell u enuff about what I do and where I live.
Stop being an ignorant, uncultured, 'pseudo-yankee' i.m.b.e.c.i.l.e.
MAD COW..REAL MAD COW!

U dey vex oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Humblesmith Endorsed By Tummy-Tummy Instant Noodles As Ambassador (Photo) / Kemi Olunloyo Shocked As 2face Likes A Comment Calling For Violence Against Her / Fire Guts Small Doctor’s House In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.