Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,723 members, 7,955,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:35 PM

Please Help Save My Baby Car!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help Save My Baby Car!!! (690 Views)

Save My Soul, Issues With VW Sharan VR6 Engine / .. / Maintenance Light On My Baby Boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Save My Baby Car!!! by arcis: 9:08am On May 04, 2013
i have this problem with my baby car, in the morning, it took longtime to change from gear 1 to 2. after that, the gear select normally. but as soon as i leave the car for like say 1 to 2hrs, it takes some time to change again.

though, i travel with the car always (lag to IB) without problem when it started changing gear.

I have changed the ATF (Oando dextron if i am correct) like 3 times since i bought the car last year. i also observe that the car jerks when moving the gear from P to D or P to R.

i have changed the engine seat,gear filter and i was told the gear seat is ok but the problem persist.

Make = Mitsubishi
model = Carisma
Year = 1998
Engine Size = 1.6

kindly save my baby from total break down.

thank you in advance auto gurus!!!
Re: Please Help Save My Baby Car!!! by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:08am On May 04, 2013
arcis: i have this problem with my baby car, in the morning, it took longtime to change from gear 1 to 2. after that, the gear select normally. but as soon as i leave the car for like say 1 to 2hrs, it takes some time to change again.

though, i travel with the car always (lag to IB) without problem when it started changing gear.

I have changed the ATF (Oando dextron if i am correct) like 3 times since i bought the car last year. i also observe that the car jerks when moving the gear from P to D or P to R.

i have changed the engine seat,gear filter and i was told the gear seat is ok but the problem persist.

Make = Mitsubishi
model = Carisma
Year = 1998
Engine Size = 1.6

kindly save my baby from total break down.

thank you in advance auto gurus!!!

scan the car it might give up a code

then we take it from there
Re: Please Help Save My Baby Car!!! by gateleo(m): 10:36am On May 04, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

scan the car it might give up a code

then we take it from there

The car was scan but no code. Thanks bro.
Re: Please Help Save My Baby Car!!! by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:59pm On May 04, 2013
gateleo:

The car was scan but no code. Thanks bro.

ok did the scanner communicate with car ?

try this flush the gearbox once more .i.e buy a transmission flush liquid and add to the oil already in the gearbox and drive for 10 minutes and then empty the gearbox and fill up with new oil then take it for drive

Becarefull with transmission you buy go for recommended ones they save you in long run

and also if you cant get transmission flush do as i have said without the flush liquid
Re: Please Help Save My Baby Car!!! by gateleo(m): 1:31pm On May 04, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

ok did the scanner communicate with car ?

try this flush the gearbox once more .i.e buy a transmission flush liquid and add to the oil already in the gearbox and drive for 10 minutes and then empty the gearbox and fill up with new oil then take it for drive

Becarefull with transmission you buy go for recommended ones they save you in long run

and also if you cant get transmission flush do as i have said without the flush liquid

I do appreciate your effort in tryin to save my car.

I will follow your precedure and get back to you via this forum. Where can I get d transmissiom flush pls?
Thanks
Re: Please Help Save My Baby Car!!! by sultaan(m): 3:18pm On May 04, 2013
Don't buy any flush, did you change the filter when you drained the fluid, and also check the level to make sure its properly filled
Re: Please Help Save My Baby Car!!! by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:51pm On May 04, 2013
sultaan: Don't buy any flush, did you change the filter when you drained the fluid, and also check the level to make sure its properly filled

the right amount of litres of your gearbox

Re: Please Help Save My Baby Car!!! by arcis: 6:01pm On May 04, 2013
sultaan: Don't buy any flush, did you change the filter when you drained the fluid, and also check the level to make sure its properly filled

Yes, I did changed the filter when I drained the fluid. The level was checked.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Auto Repair Training / Classic Cars / Let Talk Clearing, Complains, Comment ,conclusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.