Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828444 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 9:42pm On Dec 23, 2014
gd day all. URGENT QUESTION again. in all d forms i didnt c where to fill in visa office responsible for processing ur application. pls which form is it?? i am submitting tomoro
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DoubleBam2X: 10:29pm On Dec 23, 2014
Check form IMM 0008 (Generic Application Form for Canada); under APPLICATION DETAILS, go to item number 4.
Wishing you all the best!

omonade11:
gd day all. URGENT QUESTION again. in all d forms i didnt c where to fill in visa office responsible for processing ur application. pls which form is it?? i am submitting tomoro
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 10:42pm On Dec 23, 2014
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 10:42pm On Dec 23, 2014
DoubleBam2X:
Check form IMM 0008 (Generic Application Form for Canada); under APPLICATION DETAILS, go to item number 4.
Wishing you all the best!

no 4 is language preference for a correspondence b interview c interpreter requested. no visa office
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by webstorespro: 11:04pm On Dec 23, 2014
Meritl:

First up, you need to write IELTS.
Then you need to evaluate your certificate.
For more info, please read the link below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

Hello I have IELTS 6.5 with 3years work experience in administrative field, BSc certificate was recently evaluated by WES for US admission. Am I qualified? And can I use same evaluation report for Canada express entry?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DoubleBam2X: 11:17pm On Dec 23, 2014
Thanks. I'm happy for you; I hope to make up that country's population figure in the next census too, can't wait to get to the stage you are now - you know what I mean cool.
All the best!

ifechukwukamso:

This timeline is only approximate as am not the main correspondent.
- Submitted June 2013
- PER 3 months later ie September 2013
- Got pregnant Novemmber 2013 and the result of the pregnancy test sent to our case officer via the case specific enquiry page. This turned out good because when the medical request was sent they suspected I may have delivered and requested a new generic form, additional dependant form, passport id and birth cert for the newborn.

- Medical Request 11 months later ie August 2014. About 2 weeks later medical request for the newborn was asked for. They also requested for a fresh police report for both spouses. They did not request for a new bank statement even when they suspected there must have been a new addition to the family. The reason for this i can only speculate. Firstly the first account sent during the initial submission was way over the requirements. This include bank savings and pension funds. Fortunately, the bank saving is still intact till date. The second reason doesn't make sense but symbolic grin cheesy grin

- November 2014 passport request for all.
- December 2014 visa issued

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 11:32pm On Dec 23, 2014
omonade11:

This field has been removed from the new forms updated in October 2014. You do not need to worry about that, CIC will forward your file to the VO zoned to your country.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:13am On Dec 24, 2014
omonade11:
No worries........you are cool with this .
The November version of the form doesn't have it.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kike100: 7:55am On Dec 24, 2014
Hi all, please when can we register on the job bank? I saw in one of the write ups that if you register before January 25,you will have to re-register, please help clarify.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by webstorespro: 7:55am On Dec 24, 2014
damkollins:

No worries........you are cool with this .
The November version of the form doesn't have it.
Cheers
Hello I have IELTS 6.5 with 3years work experience in administrative field, BSc certificate was recently evaluated by WES for US admission. Am I qualified? And can I use same evaluation report for Canada express entry?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:38am On Dec 24, 2014
kike100:
Hi all, please when can we register on the job bank? I saw in one of the write ups that if you register before January 25,you will have to re-register, please help clarify.
Thanks

You can register NOW...A lot of confusing write ups have been up lately,they don't represent the view of the Canadian government.Please register now as a whole lot of people will attempt to register in the new year and the competition then will be very stiff.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:41pm On Dec 24, 2014
Information for immigrants (Express Entry)
On January 1, 2015, completing an Express Entry profile will be the first step in immigrating to Canada permanently as a skilled worker under the:

Federal Skilled Worker Program,
Federal Skilled Trades Program, and
Canadian Experience Class.
Under the Express Entry system, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will invite people to apply for permanent residence based on the information they enter in an online profile. You cannot apply directly to any of these programs unless CIC sends you an invitation to apply (ITA).

If you are planning to apply to one of these programs after December 31, 2014, you can learn more about how Express Entry works.

Getting ready to complete your Express Entry profile:
1) You will need to take a language test. CIC will use your test results to see whether you are eligible to immigrate to Canada under one of the federal programs that are part of Express Entry.

2) If you were educated outside Canada, you may need to have your educational credentials (your foreign degree, diploma or certificate) assessed against Canadian standards.

You may not need an assessment if:

you have at least one year of recent work experience in Canada, or
your work experience is in a skilled trade (skilled manual work).
Note: Even if you don’t think you need to have your foreign education assessed to be eligible under Express Entry, you may want to do so to increase your chances of being invited to apply.

3) You need to know the skill type of the job your work experience is in (as well as the job you plan to have in Canada, if they are different). You will use Canada’s job classification system (the National Occupational Classification, or NOC) to find out whether your work experience is valid under one of the three federal programs.

Entry criteria and the Comprehensive Ranking System
The Express Entry system will create a pool of candidates for immigration to Canada. We will assess candidates based on a number of criteria, and will invite the highest-ranked to apply to immigrate to Canada.

There are requirements not only to get into the pool, but also to be chosen from it.

Find out about the entry criteria and the Comprehensive Ranking System.

To find your job title, code and skill type
Go to the NOC's website and

Search your job title.
Find the closest match in the list.
Make sure the main duties listed match what you did at your job (if they don’t you will need to find a different job title with duties that match yours).
Write down the numeric code and job title (example: 7253 Gas fitters).
Write down the skill level or type according to the lists below.
If your four-digit code begins with "0" (example: 0211), your job is NOC Skill Type 0.
If your four-digit code begins with any of these: 11, 21, 30, 31, 40, 41, or 51, your job is NOC Skill Level A.
If your four-digit code begins with any of these: 12, 13, 22, 32, 42, 43, 52, 62, 63,72, 73, 82 or 92, your job is NOC Skill Level B.
This job code is referred to as your "NOC code" in the Express Entry profile.

If you apply before January 1, 2015:
We will process your application under the rules in place at the time you applied.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/express-entry-immigrants.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Hbeeisreal(m): 6:00pm On Dec 24, 2014
Please where can I get the form
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:07pm On Dec 24, 2014
Hbeeisreal:
Please where can I get the form

Which form?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 3rdHigh: 7:58pm On Dec 24, 2014
AT LONG LAST PER! GLORY TO GOD!!
A brief about my application:
*It was received at CIO on 9th September 2014,
*On 29th September, 20 days later, I realized I didn't report TRV refusal in 2013 and immediately sent another form with a covering letter via e-mail to : https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
*sent the physical copy the following day to CIO
*The e-mail was acknowledged on 17th November and it came with my UCI
*December 11th ECAS came alive
*December 24th PER.......

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2014
3rdHigh:
*On 29th September, 20 days later, I realized I didn't report TRV refusal in 2013 and immediately sent another form with a covering letter via e-mail to : https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Congrats
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:22pm On Dec 24, 2014
3rdHigh:

Congratulations!

Watch the processing speed improve from next month (January 2015) from the PER stage.

Wish you the best!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by princessayinke: 9:08pm On Dec 24, 2014
na wa oo. since friday that dhl promised that my package will arrive at nova scotia on monday. been tracking it is and for 24hours it has been in ontario. tomorrow is christmas eeeeh, next tomorrow is boxing day, then saturday and sunday.i am beginning to get worried cos its taking more than one week to be delivered. i hope that this late submission wont cause problem sa o.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 3rdHigh: 9:10pm On Dec 24, 2014
solomonwis:

Congratulations!

Watch the processing speed improve from next month (January 2015) from the PER stage.

Wish you the best!

Many thanks buddy
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 3rdHigh: 9:11pm On Dec 24, 2014
seunlovesa:

Congrats

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Shebol01: 4:09am On Dec 25, 2014
Please does anyone know any IELTS testing centre in Nigeria where all four sections (speaking, writing, listening and reading) are all done the same day? Thanks. Urgent response required
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Hbeeisreal(m): 8:28am On Dec 25, 2014
solomonwis:

Which form?
Just heard about it pls how do I go about it
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:45am On Dec 25, 2014
Hbeeisreal:

Just heard about it pls how do I go about it

The answer to your question is staring you in the face on this page.Please look at my last few posts and read through.Should you have any queries afterwards,you can then ask.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:47am On Dec 25, 2014
3rdHigh:
Congrats buddy
Wishing you speedy processing in stages ahead.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:51am On Dec 25, 2014
Shebol01:
Please does anyone know any IELTS testing centre in Nigeria where all four sections (speaking, writing, listening and reading) are all done the same day? Thanks. Urgent response required

Speaking test is usually conducted few days prior to the other sections tests(Main test).There are few cases where speaking test is conducted on the same day or few days after the main test day and this is at the discretion of the exam conducting body (British Council in Nigeria).
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by matmat(m): 11:30am On Dec 25, 2014
solomonwis:
On January 1, 2015, completing an Express Entry profile will be the first step in immigrating to Canada permanently as a skilled worker under the:
Under the Express Entry system, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will invite people to apply for permanent residence based on the information they enter in an online profile. You cannot apply directly to any of these programs unless CIC sends you an invitation to apply (ITA).
If you are planning to apply to one of these programs after December 31, 2014, you can learn more about how Express Entry works.
1) You will need to take a language test. CIC will use your test results to see whether you are eligible to immigrate to Canada under one of the federal programs that are part of Express Entry.
2) If you were educated outside Canada, you may need to have your educational credentials (your foreign degree, diploma or certificate) assessed against Canadian standards.
Note: Even if you don’t think you need to have your foreign education assessed to be eligible under Express Entry, you may want to do so to increase your chances of being invited to apply.
3) You need to know the skill type of the job your work experience is in (as well as the job you plan to have in Canada, if they are different). You will use Canada’s job classification system (the National Occupational Classification, or NOC) to find out whether your work experience is valid under one of the three federal programs.
The Express Entry system will create a pool of candidates for immigration to Canada. We will assess candidates based on a number of criteria, and will invite the highest-ranked to apply to immigrate to Canada.
There are requirements not only to get into the pool, but also to be chosen from it.
Search your job title.
Make sure the main duties listed match what you did at your job (if they don’t you will need to find a different job title with duties that match yours).
If your four-digit code begins with "0" (example: 0211), your job is NOC Skill Type 0.
If your four-digit code begins with any of these: 11, 21, 30, 31, 40, 41, or 51, your job is NOC Skill Level A.
If your four-digit code begins with any of these: 12, 13, 22, 32, 42, 43, 52, 62, 63,72, 73, 82 or 92, your job is NOC Skill Level B.
We will process your application under the rules in place at the time you applied.

@SOLOMONWIS, please is their any best NOC skill level....mine falls under 2281, which I think is NOC SKILL LEVEL B...AM I RIGHT and is it good for the application...?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by matmat(m): 11:43am On Dec 25, 2014
@SOLOMONWIS, please is their any best NOC skill level....mine falls under 2281, which I think is NOC SKILL LEVEL B...AM I RIGHT and is it good for the application...?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:56pm On Dec 25, 2014
matmat:

Your question is confusing dear.

Skill level is not in anyway a determinant of your selection to receive Invitation to apply (ITA).As a matter of fact,the higher your total score point/rank in your comprehensive ranking system (CRS),the higher your chance of being selected.

Remember,there will be no eligible occupations list neither will there be any cap/limit on any occupation.

See below for the CRS formula

Comprehensive Ranking System formula

All Express Entry candidates will be given a score out of 1,200, based on the four parts of the Comprehensive Ranking System formula:

Skills and experience factors (that we know are key to economic success for immigrants once in Canada)
Spouse or common-law partner factors (such as their language skills and education – these are known to result in better economic success for both the spouse or common-law partner and the candidate)
Skills transferability (including education and work experience – factors that when combined, result in better chances of being employed, and higher earnings)
Additional points for those with a nomination from a province or territory or a valid job offer

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 25, 2014
solomonwis:

Search your job title.

are you telling me i have to take the test BEFORE applying for the program 1st jan 2015?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by presidentpikin: 3:16pm On Dec 25, 2014
Please House I will want know if anybody had registered for my CIC registration using GC Key.I will appreciate more information
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by matmat(m): 4:04pm On Dec 25, 2014
@Solomonwis, thanks for your swift response. Please, I have another silly question again...after sending result/transcripts from my school to WES for evaluation, did I need to pay any money to WES for processing and how will they confirm to me that they have received my transcript and has been evaluated...? I need your input. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:15pm On Dec 25, 2014
matmat:
@Solomonwis, thanks for your swift response. Please, I have another silly question again...after sending result/transcripts from my school to WES for evaluation, did I need to pay any money to WES for processing and how will they confirm to me that they have received my transcript and has been evaluated...? I need your input. Thank you.
Once you have registered and pay for it,you don't need to pay any processing fees again for processing.
Every update you need will be seen on your acount when you logged in to it.
When verification for your degree is been sent to your academic institution ,a mail will be sent to you by WES to inform you.
When your academic transcripts has been received ,it will be updated in your account too.Virtually every update on every processing level can be followed via your account when you logged in.
Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (322)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.