Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,116 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828670 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2014
adeniyisavage:

are you telling me i have to take the test BEFORE applying for the program 1st jan 2015?
If you're referring to IELTS test,YES.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by princessayinke: 8:19pm On Dec 25, 2014
@jetspeed. have you been tracking your application. i tracked mine and as at 4pm yesterday (24th) it arrived at nova scotia but not the cic office yet. how far with yours. if i am to come to this world a second time i promise myself that i will not giv a 'last minute rush' approach to things like this. i hope by the time it gets there it wont be too late and we get our per soon like others have.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by princessayinke: 8:20pm On Dec 25, 2014
laraode:

It's on track, from London it will get to CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA, once it is at this hub, the next place will be Canada.
it will get there i believe and please be hopeful, pray and be positive

funny enough it did not pass thru US at all. London to ontario now at nova scotia
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 25, 2014
damkollins:

If you're referring to IELTS test,YES.
Cheers

seriously doubt that info
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Jetspeed: 9:22pm On Dec 25, 2014
princessayinke:
@jetspeed. have you been tracking your application. i tracked mine and as at 4pm yesterday (24th) it arrived at nova scotia but not the cic office yet. how far with yours. if i am to come to this world a second time i promise myself that i will not giv a 'last minute rush' approach to things like this. i hope by the time it gets there it wont be too late and we get our per soon like others have.

Just checked now again. Same applies to my application. Lets be calm, its well.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:38pm On Dec 25, 2014
adeniyisavage:

seriously doubt that info

How do you mean "...seriously doubt the info"?

If you had the answer,why ask the question in the first place?

@damkollins gave you the right information,you can choose to doubt it if you want.

Do not send in an expression of interest (EOI) if you don't have ALL the requirements as your application will be processed based on the information on your application portal on Express Entry at the time an invitation to apply (ITA) message is sent to you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by matmat(m): 9:58pm On Dec 25, 2014
@DamKollins and solomowis thanks a million, trust you always be there ...enjoy. I will ask more later whenever am done with WES and IELTS...regards
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mimiclare: 10:37pm On Dec 25, 2014
Please i just realized I wasn't able to fill in any amount under assets and liabilities, section 11 of the economic classes forms because the form wasn't allowing me type 0.00 as i filled my form electronically. I have already submitted. I am very worried as to how this would affect my application. I would need advise on how i can rectify this...Regards
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:40pm On Dec 25, 2014
mimiclare:
Please i just realized I wasn't able to fill in any amount under assets and liabilities, section 11 of the economic classes forms because the form wasn't allowing me type 0.00 as i filled my form electronically. I have already submitted. I am very worried as to how this would affect my application. I would need advise on how i can rectify this...Regards

Not a basis for outright rejection of your application.No cause for concern.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mimiclare: 10:45pm On Dec 25, 2014
Thank you soo much solomonwis, I have been worried sick! God bless you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by princessayinke: 11:41pm On Dec 25, 2014
mimiclare:
Thank you soo much solomonwis, I have been worried sick! God bless
I forgot to add my mailing labels. All my papers are unbound and I have reference letters with two pages unstapled. I hope they don't get confused with my application. Just being positive and hopeful here
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by reshg: 5:14am On Dec 26, 2014
Hi all - Very new to this forum.
I have a few questions on FSW.

I received PPR last week from New Delhi.
The questions are;

1. I did not mention about the travel made to Singapore (2002) and UK (2013) for 3 weeks period in the travel form. (Went for holidays)
Do I need to send an updated travel form now along with my passports? Will it cause any serious damage to my application as I am at the final stage now.

2. Do I need to send my old passport as well? (Passport request email has not mentioned about sending old passports)

Please can someone guide me on this?

Thanks, Reshma Gopal
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:05am On Dec 26, 2014
mimiclare:
Let me doubly assure you again that this is not a basis for rejection or denial .
All things been equal and okay with no errors ,you're fine.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:23am On Dec 26, 2014
reshg:
Hi all - Very new to this forum.
I have a few questions on FSW.

I received PPR last week from New Delhi.
The questions are;

1. I did not mention about the travel made to Singapore (2002) and UK (2013) for 3 weeks period in the travel form. (Went for holidays)
Do I need to send an updated travel form now along with my passports? Will it cause any serious damage to my application as I am at the final stage now.

2. Do I need to send my old passport as well? (Passport request email has not mentioned about sending old passports)

Please can someone guide me on this?

Thanks, Reshma Gopal
[b]Since you're in the final stage now,you would need to be very careful.
I want to assume atleast one of these travel is documented in your current passport and as such,you would not like an overtly active NDVO immigration officer to compare your history of travels with what you have on your passport and as such,may say you deliberately withold information from them.
If your 2013 trip details is on your current passport,I will advise youth fill a new updated supplementary travel form nd include a cover letter to explain that the omission was not intentional/deliberately made...apologize also for any inconvenience your commission may have caused them.
If however the 2013 trip details to UK wasn't documented on this passport and since NDVO only asked for your current valid passport ,no need to fill the form for any update or inform them again.
Summarily ,if you are sending any passport(s) that contained any travel details which you never informed them through the supplementary travel form,it's better to send an updated supplementary travel form with an explanation letter to explain your error and ignorance in doing such action .
If the passport doesn't have any history of such,its better to leave it out since you were only asked for current valid passport.
Cheers.[/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by goodieuzo: 4:29pm On Dec 26, 2014
solomonwis:

You can register NOW...A lot of confusing write ups have been up lately,they don't represent the view of the Canadian government.Please register now as a whole lot of people will attempt to register in the new year and the competition then will be very stiff.
please where is the website for registering in job bank.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Phemmie72: 4:42pm On Dec 26, 2014
I have registered at job bank, they are sending many job opportunities to me, how do I go about them knowing fully well that I dont have the right or documents that would allow me to work in Canada yet?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
goodieuzo:
please where is the website for registering in job bank.

www.jobbank.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
Phemmie72:
I have registered at job bank, they are sending many job opportunities to me, how do I go about them knowing fully well that I dont have the right or documents that would allow me to work in Canada yet?

The idea is to promote yourself and tell prospective employers that you have the skills and experience to be an asset to their organisation.You should endeavour to inform them also of your intention to register on "Express Entry" and their considering your skills and experience (through them acting as a sponsor on Express Entry) will hasten the process of your working with them when you eventually enter Canada.

It might sound a little tasking given that you would be competing with a whole lot of other applicants but the reality is if the employers consider you,you'd have an extra 600 points (out of the maximum 1,200) to enable you secure an ITA (Invitation to apply). So it is necessary to hone your marketing skills,present yourself as a necessary human resource for your would-be employer (via the Canadian Standard Resume to be uploaded on the website).

It is a daunting task but achievable. Remember,even though this will enable you secure an additional 600 points,it is not all that is required. Other factors (As below) are equally important.

1.Age

2. Language Ability.

3.Canadian Work Experience.

4. Adaptability

5.Educational Qualification

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Phemmie72: 5:29pm On Dec 26, 2014
Thanks a lot for the prompt and valuable information
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by matmat(m): 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2014
@Damkollins/ solomonwis, Thanks for all your support, you have been so much supportive. Please, does it mean that I have to create an account with WES online so that I will be able to know and track the result, if they have received it and processed for assessment..am I right ?

damkollins:

Once you have registered and pay for it,you don't need to pay any processing fees again for processing.
Every update you need will be seen on your acount when you logged in to it.
When verification for your degree is been sent to your academic institution ,a mail will be sent to you by WES to inform you.
When your academic transcripts has been received ,it will be updated in your account too.Virtually every update on every processing level can be followed via your account when you logged in.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by matmat(m): 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2014
@Damkollins/ solomonwis, Thanks for all your support, you have been so much supportive. Please, does it mean that I have to create an account with WES online so that I will be able to know and track the result, if they have received it and processed for assessment..am I right ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
matmat:

Yes,you have to create an account with WES to monitor the progress of your evaluation with them.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
matmat:
solomonwis:

Yes,you have to create an account with WES to monitor the progress of your evaluation with them.

In addition to the positive response given you already above,registering and paying to WES actually signalled the evaluation process with them.
If you have not registered or pay them,its assumed that you're yet to commence your evaluation with them/WES/other evaluation bodies nominated by CIC for this exercise .
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by matmat(m): 9:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
@Solomonwis pls I am trying to open an account with WES online and am now on the evaluation stage and I don't really understand this stage, can you please put me through and tell me the best option to use for my application, WES ICAP or WES BASIC...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
matmat:
@Solomonwis pls I am trying to open an account with WES online and am now on the evaluation stage and I don't really understand this stage, can you please put me through and tell me the best option to use for my application, WES ICAP or WES BASIC...
Please use the link below to register with WES...
https://www.wes.org/ca/apply/cicapplication.asp?
There is an options for CIC FSWP ,kindly explore it.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by azeezbaba(m): 3:36am On Dec 27, 2014
@ Solowis & Damkollins,

In the Schedule A form, Section 6(d) where they asked if one has been refused refugee status, visitor or temporary resident visa to Canada or any other country. I mistakenly answered NO when in actual fact, I was refused a UK visiting visa in 2010. Although, I was later issued 6 months and 2 years UK visiting visas which I have used twice. I didn't cool down to read the question well when I was filling the form, it was a friend that pointed it out to me recently.

Now, I have been issued PER and am awaiting MR, do I need to send an updated form indicating the error I made or I should just let it slide.

Thanks

Solowis, it's good to see you active again.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by MCqueens: 4:10am On Dec 27, 2014
Goodday all, pls. I.sent in my application for FSWP on the 24th and I was told my parcel would B delivered by 31st. I just discovered that I didn't include my employment and job confirmation Letter along wt my application. Pls what can I do now? Secondly can I also apply for express entry when I hav already used my original IELTS result to apply under ds current system?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by webstorespro: 7:40am On Dec 27, 2014
damkollins:

Once you have registered and pay for it,you don't need to pay any processing fees again for processing.
Every update you need will be seen on your acount when you logged in to it.
When verification for your degree is been sent to your academic institution ,a mail will be sent to you by WES to inform you.
When your academic transcripts has been received ,it will be updated in your account too.Virtually every update on every processing level can be followed via your account when you logged in.
Cheers

Hello I have IELTS 6.5 with 3years work experience in administrative field, BSc certificate was recently evaluated by WES for US admission. Am I qualified? And can I use same evaluation report for Canada express entry?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Emblem(m): 8:28am On Dec 27, 2014
solomonwis:
Information for immigrants (Express Entry)
On January 1, 2015, completing an Express Entry profile will be the first step in immigrating to Canada permanently as a skilled worker under the:

Federal Skilled Worker Program,
Federal Skilled Trades Program, and
Canadian Experience Class.
Under the Express Entry system, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will invite people to apply for permanent residence based on the information they enter in an online profile. You cannot apply directly to any of these programs unless CIC sends you an invitation to apply (ITA).

If you are planning to apply to one of these programs after December 31, 2014, you can learn more about how Express Entry works.

Getting ready to complete your Express Entry profile:
1) You will need to take a language test. CIC will use your test results to see whether you are eligible to immigrate to Canada under one of the federal programs that are part of Express Entry.

2) If you were educated outside Canada, you may need to have your educational credentials (your foreign degree, diploma or certificate) assessed against Canadian standards.

You may not need an assessment if:

you have at least one year of recent work experience in Canada, or
your work experience is in a skilled trade (skilled manual work).
Note: Even if you don’t think you need to have your foreign education assessed to be eligible under Express Entry, you may want to do so to increase your chances of being invited to apply.

3) You need to know the skill type of the job your work experience is in (as well as the job you plan to have in Canada, if they are different). You will use Canada’s job classification system (the National Occupational Classification, or NOC) to find out whether your work experience is valid under one of the three federal programs.

Entry criteria and the Comprehensive Ranking System
The Express Entry system will create a pool of candidates for immigration to Canada. We will assess candidates based on a number of criteria, and will invite the highest-ranked to apply to immigrate to Canada.

There are requirements not only to get into the pool, but also to be chosen from it.

Find out about the entry criteria and the Comprehensive Ranking System.

To find your job title, code and skill type
Go to the NOC's website and

Search your job title.
Find the closest match in the list.
Make sure the main duties listed match what you did at your job (if they don’t you will need to find a different job title with duties that match yours).
Write down the numeric code and job title (example: 7253 Gas fitters).
Write down the skill level or type according to the lists below.
If your four-digit code begins with "0" (example: 0211), your job is NOC Skill Type 0.
If your four-digit code begins with any of these: 11, 21, 30, 31, 40, 41, or 51, your job is NOC Skill Level A.
If your four-digit code begins with any of these: 12, 13, 22, 32, 42, 43, 52, 62, 63,72, 73, 82 or 92, your job is NOC Skill Level B.
This job code is referred to as your "NOC code" in the Express Entry profile.

If you apply before January 1, 2015:
We will process your application under the rules in place at the time you applied.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/express-entry-immigrants.asp

Hello, I studied Microbiology in the university but i switched career to Information Technology (IT). i have always worked as a Network Engineer which makes my NOC code to be 2281(Computer Network Technicians). My question is; which of my credentials will be assessed? My B.Sc Microbiology or the IT certificate program i did in India?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:38am On Dec 27, 2014
azeezbaba:
@ Solowis & Damkollins,

In the Schedule A form, Section 6(d) where they asked if one has been refused refugee status, visitor or temporary resident visa to Canada or any other country. I mistakenly answered NO when in actual fact, I was refused a UK visiting visa in 2010. Although, I was later issued 6 months and 2 years UK visiting visas which I have used twice. I didn't cool down to read the question well when I was filling the form, it was a friend that pointed it out to me recently.

Now, I have been issued PER and am awaiting MR, do I need to send an updated form indicating the error I made or I should just let it slide.

Thanks

Solowis, it's good to see you active again.
Please raise CSE to Accra visa office to notify them of the seemingly error made before/during submission stage.Let them know it was not a deliberate mistake as it was as a result of misunderstanding of the instruction.
Notify them as soon as possible and attach the updated form when sending the CSE to Accra.
Use the link below for the CSE to Accra visa office.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:46am On Dec 27, 2014
MCqueens:
Goodday all, pls. I.sent in my application for FSWP on the 24th and I was told my parcel would B delivered by 31st. I just discovered that I didn't include my employment and job confirmation Letter along wt my application. Pls what can I do now? Secondly can I also apply for express entry when I hav already used my original IELTS result to apply under ds current system?
Even though it's always advisable to include enough supporting documents to make a case for your reference letter strong ,non inclusion of employment/job confirmation is not case for denial or rejection if your letter of experience is in order.
If your local visa office doubts your employment status,you will be asked to provide more supporting documents.
Letter of experience is the only mandatory documents requested ....but CIC advises you to provide supporting documents but did not make it mandatory.
So you're cool .
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:57am On Dec 27, 2014
webstorespro:

Hello I have IELTS 6.5 with 3years work experience in administrative field, BSc certificate was recently evaluated by WES for US admission. Am I qualified? And can I use same evaluation report for Canada express entry?
Thanks.
You may need to upgrade your evaluation to CIC stipulated FSWP version from WES.
Log in to your account and see if you can upgrade it to FSWP version from the currently evaluated version you have.
You may also send a mail to them via contactca@wes.org to ask or confirm from them directly.
I'm confident it will be possible to upgrade,but if it's not,u will need to use the link below to register for FSWP status...
https://www.wes.org/ca/apply/cicapplication.asp?
But I'm confident you can upgrade your current status to FSWP version.
For your experience years and IELTS,i believe you're fine and cool.
Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (322)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.