Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,584 members, 7,847,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:48 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (831126 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:44am On Jan 10, 2015
walesege:
While filling the Express Entry form I was asked for my wife education and her language proficiency.
I don't want to use her educational credentials and I don't want her taking the IELTS test too.

What the best way to accomplish this.

You simply answer the questions relating to your wife's educational qualification(s)and language proficiency.

You can list your wife's educational background but state"NO" when asked if she has an ECA.

The same applies to the official language section.

This will ensure points are not awarded to your wife's educational qualification(s) and language ability.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:48am On Jan 10, 2015
pweetiesuzie:
Good day fellow nairalanders,
Please I need urgent answers to my enquiries.

1. I want to apply for the EE but there is a little problem.
I have a Bsc. In Biochemistry since 2010(which is not under the NOC category) but I have since been working as a Human Resources Assistant since 2011 (which is under the NOC category)with no work experience in my field of study.
Can I go ahead to apply based on experience and not based on certificate?

2. Would I still need to send my Bsc. Biochemistry certificate to WES considering the fact that I have no experience in this line and it is not listed under the NOC category?

I would really appreciate your responses.

Thanks

Please read and understand the instructions clearly...There are no listed eligible occupations any longer.You can apply as long as you have your IELTS and your ECA ready not minding your NOC (as long as it is under skilled type 0,A or B) or your work experience.

Skilled work experience

Your work experience must be:

at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count),
in the same NOC skill type (0, A or B) ,
within the last 10 years, and
at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

BEFORE you submit an expression of interest,make sure you have your IELTS test result and your ECA result as details of both will be supplied when sending in an application on Express Entry.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pweetiesuzie(f): 8:14am On Jan 10, 2015
solomonwis:

Please read and understand the instructions clearly...There are no listed eligible occupations any longer.You can apply as long as you have your IELTS and your ECA ready not minding your NOC (as long as it is under skilled type 0,A or B) or your work experience.

Skilled work experience

Your work experience must be:

at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count),
in the same NOC skill type (0, A or B) ,
within the last 10 years, and
at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

BEFORE you submit an expression of interest,make sure you have your IELTS test result and your ECA result as details of both will be supplied when sending in an application on Express Entry.

Thank you. I will follow the instructions.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by walesege: 9:18am On Jan 10, 2015
solomonwis:

You simply answer the questions relating to your wife's educational qualification(s)and language proficiency.

You can list your wife's educational background but state"NO" when asked if she has an ECA.

The same applies to the official language section.

This will ensure points are not awarded to your wife's educational qualification(s) and language ability.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 9:29am On Jan 10, 2015
It is with great pleasure I announced that my CC was charged yesterday. My application was received in CIC Nov 7

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shabbey09: 11:35am On Jan 10, 2015
Just the kind of news I want to hear, I dey ur back oh...

Congrats dear!!

tola73:
It is with great pleasure I announced that my CC was charged yesterday. My application was received in CIC Nov 7
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shopapa1(m): 11:51am On Jan 10, 2015
Pals,

Please I still need help with my queries here.
I have an advanced diploma certificate of city and guilds of london institute,but unfortunately this institution/body do not issue academic transcript for student records(guess maybe becos it's an IVQ). Though they can confirm your certificate by writing to the requesting body. Please how do I go about my Wes evaluation,am scared Wes will not evaluate my certificate without a transcript sent to them. Has anybody in the house appleid for WES with a city and guilds diplomas before? Pls advice am losing time due to this.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2015
shopapa1:
Pals,

Please I still need help with my queries here.
I have an advanced diploma certificate of city and guilds of london institute,but unfortunately this institution/body do not issue academic transcript for student records(guess maybe becos it's an IVQ). Though they can confirm your certificate by writing to the requesting body. Please how do I go about my Wes evaluation,am scared Wes will not evaluate my certificate without a transcript sent to them. Has anybody in the house appleid for WES with a city and guilds diplomas before? Pls advice am losing time due to this.

You need to contact WES before proceeding with your evaluation. It appears C&G doesn't fall under the purview of what qualifies as formal educational training,a prerequisite for ECA.

contact WES via : contactca@wes.org
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2015
tola73:

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2015
tola73:

Congrats.
What's your NOC?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Fingertips(f): 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
tola73:

Congrats. Guess mine should be charged soon, Nov. 11th applicant. Please what was the debited amount in naira?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by usr249: 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
@tola73. Pls how much was taken from your account. Mine was charged yesterday but they took the equivalent of CAD 550. I was expecting them to take CAD 1100 since my spouse was included in the application. Does CIC debit them separately? Has anyone here had a similar experience. Kindly advise. Good afternoon.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shabbey09: 2:49pm On Jan 10, 2015
I'm sure someone will answer you soon. When did your application reach CIC?

usr249:
@tola73. Pls how much was taken from your account. Mine was charged yesterday but they took the equivalent of CAD 550. I was expecting them to take CAD 1100 since my spouse was included in the application. Does CIC debit them separately? Has anyone here had a similar experience. Kindly advise. Good afternoon.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 2:51pm On Jan 10, 2015
usr249:
they took 1550 Canadian dollar for myself, wife and 3 kids

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2015
Meritl:

Congrats.
What's your NOC?
NOC 0113
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2015
Fingertips:

Congrats. Guess mine should be charged soon, Nov. 11th applicant. Please what was the debited amount in naira?
241000 naira equivalent of Canadian $1550
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by usr249: 3:00pm On Jan 10, 2015
Ok. My application got to CIC on Nov 5, 2014. I would like to know if the CAD 1550 was a single transaction. thnx.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2015
usr249:
Ok. My application got to CIC on Nov 5, 2014. I would like to know if the CAD 1550 was a single transaction. thnx.
yes it was a single transaction on my cc
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by usr249: 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2015
ok. Thanx so much. I authorized them to take a 1100. but they took just half of that. will wait and see if they do another transaction next week. thnx a bunch.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by benik(f): 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2015
usr249:
ok. Thanx so much. I authorized them to take a 1100. but they took just half of that. will wait and see if they do another transaction next week. thnx a bunch.

HI, i would advice you look at your fee form very well and be sure you didn't Authorize 550CAD, Note: as far as i am aware CIC dont charge in bits. check the description of the charge from the alert and be sure the money was taken by CIC.

regards.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by loriaidah(f): 4:21pm On Jan 10, 2015
Pls anyone in my situation? Application received at CIC 3-11-2014 yet to be charged.pls reassure me bico.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by benik(f): 4:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
loriaidah:
Pls anyone in my situation? Application received at CIC 3-11-2014 yet to be charged.pls reassure me bico.

relax, CIC has just started with November... it will surely get to you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by usr249: 4:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
Yeh, I have looked at the fee form and I authorized them to charge CAD 1100. I honestly do not understand why this has happened. The debit description is Citizenship & Immigration CA. Again, if I had quoted CAD 550 instead of CAD 1100, it would have meant an incorrect processing fee and they would have returned the whole application without charging the card at all. What do u think?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by benik(f): 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
usr249:
Yeh, I have looked at the fee form and I authorized them to charge CAD 1100. I honestly do not understand why this has happened. The debit description is Citizenship & Immigration CA. Again, if I had quoted CAD 550 instead of CAD 1100, it would have meant an incorrect processing fee and they would have returned the whole application without charging the card at all. What do u think?

true that, it must have been an error from CIC then....
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by usr249: 5:06pm On Jan 10, 2015
My wife is currently pregnant and I stated in the application that I will not initially emigrate with her. She and baby will join me later when I have settled because baby will be too young by the time the visa's are issued. Could that be the reason? I doubt that myself. I will send them an email and prompt them. What was your transaction description?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by loriaidah(f): 6:54pm On Jan 10, 2015
usr249:
My wife is currently pregnant and I stated in the application that I will not initially emigrate with her. She and baby will join me later when I have settled because baby will be too young by the time the visa's are issued. Could that be the reason? I doubt that myself. I will send them an email and prompt them. What was your transaction description?
I think that is the reason.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bakinswo: 7:15pm On Jan 10, 2015
@usr249 just be hopeful i think that was the reason why CAD 550 was charged.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bakinswo: 7:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
May i also announce that my CC was also charged on Wednesday, application was received at CIC on November 6. To all those still waiting ur good news is coming soon. Many thanks to u @solomonwis ure a great man.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
bakinswo:
May i also announce that my CC was also charged on Wednesday, application was received at CIC on November 6. To all those still waiting ur good news is coming soon. Many thanks to u @solomonwis ure a great man.

That man or woman called Solomonwis, though I prefer spelling it as solomonwise , is truly a great and wise man.
God will surely bless him.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:30pm On Jan 10, 2015
Hi all.
Is there any October 13th , 14th or 15th NOC 2131 applicant in the house.

My application was received at the CIC on october 14th and from that Google form, an October 16th application in my NOC has received a debit alert about a week ago.

What's the relative difference in debiting and arrival of PER.
By the way, I submitted with a bank draft my uncle helped me obtain from a bank in Canada and inserted into my package, before submitting.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
usr249:

Since you indicated your spouse and child will not be accompanying you,CIC will not charge your account for both of them even though both of them will have to undergo medical examination with you while your spouse will have to provide Police Clearance certificate when required.

Please note it is extremely an arduous process trying to sponsor your spouse and child to join you in Canada if you don't include them at the initial stage. If your ultimate plan is for the whole family to immigrate to Canada,please send a CSE to Accra (if that's your visa office) informing them of your intention to include both your spouse and child as soon as you receive a PER.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:15pm On Jan 10, 2015
Meritl:
Hi all.
Is there any October 13th , 14th or 15th NOC 2131 applicant in the house.

My application was received at the CIC on october 14th and from that Google form, an October 16th application in my NOC has received a debit alert about a week ago.

What's the relative difference in debiting and arrival of PER.
By the way, I submitted with a bank draft my uncle helped me obtain from a bank in Canada and inserted into my package, before submitting.

I believe your demand draft is already encashed. You will get a PER soon.

Remain positive!

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (322)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.