Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,403 members, 7,853,785 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:50 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (831608 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 1:31pm On Jan 06, 2015
omicron:

Thank u. When you say evidence, how may the evidence be conveyed? Will the various companies' letters of attestation suffice?

Your evidence are your letters of reference from the various companies where you have worked.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by johnsontade: 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2015
Nova Scotia Nominee application finally sent through DHL smiley. Really appreciate Damkollins for his advices and support.
FSWP 2014 & NSNP application done...time to sit back, fold my arms and hope on God for the best.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 3:09pm On Jan 06, 2015
johnsontade:
Nova Scotia Nominee application finally sent through DHL smiley. Really appreciate Damkollins for his advices and support.
FSWP 2014 & NSNP application done...time to sit back, fold my arms and hope on God for the best.

congrats. Wish you well.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2015
solomonwis:

Since you don't have a UCI,you should click NO and move on to continue the registration.

I was fillling the Express Entry profile, I clicked typed 'NO' when asked for my UCI number and but the form kept repeating 'error' until i typed that i have never applied before.

Am I in order?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omicron(m): 3:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
yomifowe:

Your evidence are your letters of reference from the various companies where you have worked.

Ok, thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by johnsontade: 3:46pm On Jan 06, 2015
yomifowe:

congrats. Wish you well.

Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
yomifowe:

I was fillling the Express Entry profile, I clicked typed 'NO' when asked for my UCI number and but the form kept repeating 'error' until i typed that i have never applied before.

Am I in order?

Yes,that's fine.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
yomifowe:

Thanks Solomonwis and Damkollins.

Pls is it compulsory to submit Police report at this stage for provincial nominee application (knowing that you might still have to send it after you are invited to apply?)

Police report is absolutely unnecessary to apply to provinces in Canada for nomination.I know SINP has a space for Police clearance certificate but it is only necessary when you have issues with the law.You are bound to disclose this to the provinces.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 6:22pm On Jan 06, 2015
solomonwis:

Police report is absolutely unnecessary to apply to provinces in Canada for nomination.I know SINP has a space for Police clearance certificate but it is only necessary when you have issues with the law.You are bound to disclose this to the provinces.

Thank you so much. Very grateful.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ayeshahsan: 6:54pm On Jan 06, 2015
Thankyou for encouragement smiley I have made my profile for express entry and im into the poool... waiting for the draw ... im hopeful smiley
scrollmeout:

Zandora, Ayeshahsan i enjoin you to be optimistic irrespective of the outcome. Zandora's app may still sail through. Ayeshahsan, i believe your dissapointment may end up in double blessing. Make the best of this express entry regime especially since you have the documents required. As Solominwis advised the best time to act is now, experience has shown that the first ones get speedy processing probably faster than the apps received this year. Overall, my take is that you take the positives and use it to your advantage, never back down.

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Blackkie: 8:12pm On Jan 06, 2015
Good evening all.
Please where do i start from in registering for Express Entry?
=IELTS
=WES evaluation
must be done first?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dober(m): 8:40pm On Jan 06, 2015
dober:
Please would using a Canadian immigration agent be encouraged? Especially now that a job offer is needed to boost one's points in the EE.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ioi74(m): 8:52pm On Jan 06, 2015
ok..but is the Nova Scotia still open ?..

solomonwis:

Yes,you can apply for both but when registering on EE,make sure your intended province of residence is the same with Nova Scotia.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by erudude: 4:50am On Jan 07, 2015
The Express Entry awards points for a variety of factors (including if you're foreign (to Canada) credential has been evaluated and converted to a Canadian equivalent. So you get more points for having a WES evaluated certificate; This also goes for IELTS. Having said that, nothing, in my opinion, stops you from starting both and running with them concurrently, so you effectively multi-task. I would suggest that you do both, they are not mutually exclusive.

I am not even sure you can complete your Express Entry profile without your IELTS results (but the guru's in the house can help out with this). Registration for IELTS takes some time (due to demand), I would suggest you register immediately for IELTS and shift focus to applying for your transcripts etc. (if you don't have them yet) for WES evaluation, you can then continue to prepare to for and write your IELTS.

Hope this helps? All the best.

Blackkie:
Good evening all.
Please where do i start from in registering for Express Entry?
=IELTS
=WES evaluation
must be done first?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 7:37am On Jan 07, 2015
johnsontade:

Hi. Pls where did you get the forms for NS Application like the NSNP 100 – Application Form? Ive been looking everywhere for it?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 7:41am On Jan 07, 2015
yomifowe:

Hi. Pls where did you get the forms for NS Application like the NSNP 100 – Application Form? Ive been looking everywhere for it?

Don't worry I have downloaded it.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by johnsontade: 9:26am On Jan 07, 2015
yomifowe:

Don't worry I have downloaded it.

Thanks.

Okay bro, filling it shouldn't take time at all cos its almost a replica of the federal forms we submitted for FSW...only difference is the settlement plan. Just try to turn in your app asap cos Nova scotia is mainly on a first come, first serve basis as long as your application is complete with no errors. All the best bro.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yemochi: 10:15am On Jan 07, 2015
@ Solomonwis and Damkollins, keep up the good work, you guys rock.

Pls, is it necessary for the applicant's spouse too to write IELTS for the Express Entry? Would it boost the applicant's points?

For an intending applicant that has switched jobs from technical in the manufacturing sector (6yrs experience) to Technical sales (1 1/2 yrs experience - currently) which jobs skills would boost the applicant's chances; technical / technical sales? Thanks,
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 11:42am On Jan 07, 2015
johnsontade:

Okay bro, filling it shouldn't take time at all cos its almost a replica of the federal forms we submitted for FSW...only difference is the settlement plan. Just try to turn in your app asap cos Nova scotia is mainly on a first come, first serve basis as long as your application is complete with no errors. All the best bro.

Thanks. What is settlement plan and what am i to do?

Pls explain.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by austinice4: 11:52am On Jan 07, 2015
Good day Dankollins, Solomonwis and other colleagues in the house.

Please see the attached link: http://novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/application-forms/#express-entry

NSNP has it on their website under steps 1 and 2 that candidates should also apply to CIC directly and include copies of that application in the NSNP application.

I'm kind of confused here since all applications to CIC must first go through the EE process, will they still allow paper applications as mandated by NSNP?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by anjiebabe: 12:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
ayeshahsan:
I made my express entry profile and I have entered into the pool.. But there are no fields to enter your dependent children information... Im kinda confused about it...

Please I need your help, what did you fill where it was asked What funds (Canadian dollars) do you have available to bring to Canada to support you and your family? I wrote 25,000 canadian dollars and its not accepting it, how do I write it correctly pls? Thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by johnsontade: 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2015
yomifowe:

Thanks. What is settlement plan and what am i to do?

Pls explain.

I drafted a summary of how i intend to settle and plan my future in Nova scotia. Started from acknowledging that my occupation is regulated by engineers nova scotia and made them understand i'm conversant with the whole licensure process. Also explain how i intend to land a job, work towards getting my P.Eng,, get more certifications e.t.c. Just write it in your own words in a simple way.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Hotstepper(f): 1:13pm On Jan 07, 2015
Please someone should come to my friend's rescue. CIC tried taking money from his account but they couldn't cuz the diamond debit card he used has a limit and he didn't know. They tried taking it on the 13th of December. Please what's next? So urgent. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by anjiebabe: 1:18pm On Jan 07, 2015
@Solomonwis and Damkollins

Please I need your help, what should I fill where it was asked What funds (Canadian dollars) do you have available to bring to Canada to support you and your family? I wrote 25,000 Canadian dollars and its not accepting it, how do I write it correctly please? This is regards to the express entry profile I am currently filling, thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 3:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
austinice4:

Please see the attached link: http://novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/application-forms/#express-entry

NSNP has it on their website under steps 1 and 2 that candidates should also apply to CIC directly and include copies of that application in the NSNP application.

I'm kind of confused here since all applications to CIC must first go through the EE process, will they still allow paper applications as mandated by NSNP?

They are the same forms but intended for provincial nominee applicants except for some of the forms that are different (Schedule 4- Economic class - Provincial nominee) and some few other forms. These forms are meant to be filled and attached to your package in addition to your Nova scotia application forms and documents.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 3:08pm On Jan 07, 2015
austinice4:

Sorry i forgot to paste the link;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prov-apply-application.asp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 3:32pm On Jan 07, 2015
anjiebabe:

Please I need your help, what did you fill where it was asked What funds (Canadian dollars) do you have available to bring to Canada to support you and your family? I wrote 25,000 canadian dollars and its not accepting it, how do I write it correctly pls? Thank you

Just write the 25000 without comma and nothing more to it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 3:33pm On Jan 07, 2015
johnsontade:

I drafted a summary of how i intend to settle and plan my future in Nova scotia. Started from acknowledging that my occupation is regulated by engineers nova scotia and made them understand i'm conversant with the whole licensure process. Also explain how i intend to land a job, work towards getting my P.Eng,, get more certifications e.t.c. Just write it in your own words in a simple way.

Thank you. However i would appreciate if you could send me a draft of some sort. Ill send you a pm so you can forward a draft to my mail address. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by johnsontade: 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2015
yomifowe:

They are the same forms but intended for provincial nominee applicants except for some of the forms that are different (Schedule 4- Economic class - Provincial nominee) and some few other forms. These forms are meant to be filled and attached to your package in addition to your Nova scotia application forms and documents.

@austinice4 The instructions to include CIC forms to your account has been on the nova scotia immigration site for a long time and is required for skilled worker applicants(those ones with job offers). You don't need to include the federal forms for Nova Scotia Demand Express application...just download the application guide here http://novascotiaimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/Nova-Scotia-Demand-Express-Entry-Pilot-Stream-Guidelines-December-2014.pdf and follow the document checklist. Police certificate is also not necessary except if you've been convicted before grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by johnsontade: 4:58pm On Jan 07, 2015
yomifowe:

Thank you. However i would appreciate if you could send me a draft of some sort. Ill send you a pm so you can forward a draft to my mail address. Thank you.

Got your pm. I have a sample(got it online) that i can send. To be honest, i didn't draft mine...just took my pen and started writing it on the form cos i really wanted to get my application sent yesterday to meet up. The pogram opened on the January 1st and the cap is 350, a lot of apps majorly from the indians and pakistanis would be sent between Monday till friday many apps and i'm sure DHL, UPS e.t.c. would start delivering apps sent on Monday starting from Tomorrow so just try to get your sent asap.

NSNP unlike SINP choose applicants they feel would fit in and don't really use the first come, first serve rule but would definitely start considering apps in their order of arrival.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2015
johnsontade:

Got your pm. I have a sample(got it online) that i can send. To be honest, i didn't draft mine...just took my pen and started writing it on the form cos i really wanted to get my application sent yesterday to meet up. The pogram opened on the January 1st and the cap is 350, a lot of apps majorly from the indians and pakistanis would be sent between Monday till friday many apps and i'm sure DHL, UPS e.t.c. would start delivering apps sent on Monday starting from Tomorrow so just try to get your sent asap.

NSNP unlike SINP choose applicants they feel would fit in and don't really use the first come, first serve rule but would definitely start considering apps in their order of arrival.

Thanks. Ill do as you said.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by azeezbaba(m): 6:19pm On Jan 07, 2015
@ Solowis & Damkollins,

My address has not been updated on the online tracking page even though Accra has acknowledged my change of address and they said my address has been changed accordingly. How long does it take for the address to change from the old to the new?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (322)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.