Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829096 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 2:53pm On Feb 17, 2015
hmnnn:

Well...you can contact them to explain to you why, and let you know when it takes for the result of a re-assessment to be published. That should at least help have you have a timeline in mind.

dont fret
it happened to me
my score became higher. 9 in readin and 7 in speqking against 8.5 in reading and 6 in speaking dat was online
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2015
Hello my people,

I am a december 9th applicant with noc code 1114 and a CC mode. As at now i am yet to be charged. Does anyone has a phone number to call CIC to enquire about the status of my application?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2015
unibadan:
Hello my people,

I am a december 9th applicant with noc code 1114 and a CC mode. As at now i am yet to be charged. Does anyone has a phone number to call CIC to enquire about the status of my application?
+16139444000
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 4:08pm On Feb 17, 2015
tola73:
+16139444000

I called this number and i was told that i cant access the help line from outside canada.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 6:43pm On Feb 17, 2015
AENY:
Many thanks for your kind explanation, However, all the points you raised, i am very much aware of them and my professional is under NOC Skill B. i had my ECA since 2013 As it stands, I have over 69K canadian dollars for family of 3 including the myself. my work experience in this NOC skill job B is is over 15 yrs. age 38yrs IELTS speaking 8, writing 7.5 listinig 6.5 reading 5.5 but even at "check eligibility" I inputed this scores and that of my spouse and it was marked eligible. every other details as regards to information for eligibility were all inputed. my spouse IELTS is in good standing for adatability. my MSc is almost been evaluated. Though I have applied for NSPN inunder EE becuase my profession is among those in demand in Nova Scotia.. What do you think and what is the way forward? Regards.

i think you have an excellent profile except for your reading test with a score of 5.5 if thats what you got you might need to rewrite again. you need atleast 6.0 in all test to qualify under EE. my 1kobo advise.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Highlyfavoured3: 11:52pm On Feb 17, 2015
Gurus in the house, pls I need your help
When I applied for my fsw, I used fixed deposit as my pof. As it is now, am in need of cash and would like to cancel the fixed deposit. Is it okay to later use a combination of fixed deposit and statement of savings acct as my pof update later or must the pof remain the fixed deposit I have used for the appl initially, thank u you all.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Baisy: 12:33am On Feb 18, 2015
Baisy:
Good morning everyone, I am very happy to join this forum and I have read a bit of the previous comments from different people. Good work you guys are doing.

Now to my challenge: I'm a financial analyst with 10 years experience (8 of it in the Bank Industry), studied in the UK and married with 2 kids. Please how do I go about presenting a compelling application? Kindly help.

I'm new here and so I seek maximum support.

God bless you.

Hello People, just checking back. Please I need una help o!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Biadroit: 4:08am On Feb 18, 2015
Solomon wise please I need your urgent help. Please do you stay in lagos
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by HenryIX: 8:16am On Feb 18, 2015
Highlyfavoured3:
Gurus in the house, pls I need your help
When I applied for my fsw, I used fixed deposit as my pof. As it is now, am in need of cash and would like to cancel the fixed deposit. Is it okay to later use a combination of fixed deposit and statement of savings acct as my pof update later or must the pof remain the fixed deposit I have used for the appl initially, thank u you all.

I think you can go ahead and teminate you investment. But make sure you have a readily available funds to provide whenever you are called on to show pof. Also, you can use a combination of fixed deposit and savings acct as pof, as long as they add up to the required minimum sum.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by HenryIX: 8:21am On Feb 18, 2015
Happy to announce the receipt of my PER last night.
App Received - Nov 21
CC Charged - Jan 26
PER - Feb 17
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by labiz001: 10:09am On Feb 18, 2015
chatterly:

we just got the PER last month,what we are being asked to pay is the usd 150 which should have been paid per child with the initial application,

Hello Chatterly,
Please how long does it takes CIC to respond to your CSE ? As I am still waiting for their response. Its two weeks since i sent my CSE

BR
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Sleekjaguar: 10:23am On Feb 18, 2015
HenryIX:
App Received - Nov 21
CC Charged - Jan 26
PER - Feb 17
Congrats and all the best!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:18pm On Feb 18, 2015
Baisy:

Hello People, just checking back. Please I need una help o!

Start by checking what NOC Code your work experience falls under, google NOC 2011 code and study it well cuz, there may be more than one that fits the responsibilities you have held over time. Choose the one that fits you best and if more than one fits you, you may indicate it while filling your profile on Express Entry.

You are to also immediately go on britishcouncil website to register for the next available date to take ielts general training exam(depends on how soon you intend making your application for the Express Entry). The exam is 35k if you register online or a bank Draft of 38k. Note that you will need the details of your international passport to register for the exam. Bear in mind that you must score at least 6 in all segments of the exam but I must advise that you ensure you score more than that cuz that least score may not be sufficient when your points will be calculated. You may download study materials from the net and practice(you will likely need it), the one ielts will give you access to may not be sufficient.

Also, you can simultaneously go on WES Canada website to request for an evaluation of your transcript. Check for the requirement for certificates gotten from the UK, fill all the required details and pay. You can then request your school to send your transcripts to WES. Note that there's a dedicated page on that website for evaluation of transcripts to be used for CIC purpose, that's the page you will use.

When you have gotten your ielts and evaluation of your transcripts done, then you can register for Express Entry

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 1:40pm On Feb 18, 2015
Congrats on all updates and best wishes to some of us still preparing for WES and/or IELTS and speedy positive news to applicants already submitted.
My apologies to all and sundry for my abrupt absence on the thread.....even though I was not active,I have been passive to some reasonable extent.....and I'm most happy that our gurus have kept on with the good works.
Was involved in closing stages of a project which took my time.
Hopefully,should be telling you the beautiful landing story before end of the month/rescheduled election date cheesy
any thanks to many of my buddies here who always contact me to be sure I am fine.....really appreciate you all.
As always,good and positive news will always be our portion.
For many waiting for one update (CC cashment/DD encashment,PER,MR,PPR and pick-up mails),let us exercise patience as it will soon come......use the waiting period to prepare for the realities you will meet on ground after landing as you can never prepare enough.
Cheers.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Biadroit: 2:19pm On Feb 18, 2015
Pls I need solomowise's help urgently. I was told that money order issued in canada does not have expiry date! To my greatest disappointment my application that I sent in from the USA to Canada in October was returned reason was money order stale ( more than 6 months) . I need solomon wise to pls help on how I can use the documents to immediately apply under the express entry
Tnx
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shabbey09: 2:22pm On Feb 18, 2015
Thanks bro, prepare the way, we are right behind you!

All the best!!

damkollins:
Congrats on all updates and best wishes to some of us still preparing for WES and/or IELTS and speedy positive news to applicants already submitted.
My apologies to all and sundry for my abrupt absence on the thread.....even though I was not active,I have been passive to some reasonable extent.....and I'm most happy that our gurus have kept on with the good works.
Hopefully,should be telling you the beautiful landing story before end of the month/rescheduled election date cheesy
any thanks to many of my buddies here who always contact me to be sure I am fine.....really appreciate you all.
For many waiting for one update (CC cashment/DD encashment,PER,MR,PPR and pick-up mails),let us exercise patience as it will soon come......use the waiting period to prepare for the realities you will meet on ground after landing as you can never prepare enough.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ziggy264: 2:33pm On Feb 18, 2015
HenryIX:
App Received - Nov 21
CC Charged - Jan 26
PER - Feb 17

Congrats Bro
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 7:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
unibadan:

I called this number and i was told that i cant access the help line from outside canada.
continue to try it depend on the agent you spoke with. I tried today and I got a +ve response. Don't give up try again tomorrow
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 7:02pm On Feb 18, 2015
damkollins:
Cheers.
welcome back our amiable proffesor
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 7:05pm On Feb 18, 2015
Biadroit:
Pls I need solomowise's help urgently. I was told that money order issued in canada does not have expiry date! To my greatest disappointment my application that I sent in from the USA to Canada in October was returned reason was money order stale ( more than 6 months) . I need solomon wise to pls help on how I can use the documents to immediately apply under the express entry
Tnx
so sorry to hear this. Most money instrument like cheque, money order, draft have six month expiry date. Go ahead and create your profile in EE and also watch out for Province Nomination
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by chatterly: 7:32pm On Feb 18, 2015
Hello,
They responded in abut a week
cheers
labiz001:

Hello Chatterly,
Please how long does it takes CIC to respond to your CSE ? As I am still waiting for their response. Its two weeks since i sent my CSE

BR
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:50pm On Feb 18, 2015
Biadroit:
Tnx

Unfortunately, there is no question of "immediately apply under express entry" as you'd have to follow the guidelines for application submission.

Since you appear not to have a qualifying job offer and/or provincial nomination,you can send an expression of interest to be invited by creating a profile on the express entry platform and be accepted into the pool.

The hurdle under express entry has been raised,hence you can only hope that your EOI be selected from among be pool with a lower CRS threshold. Please start today by creating a profile on EE entering all your details as you have now,provided your language ability result is not more than 2 years and ECA result is not more than 5 years.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:01pm On Feb 18, 2015
HenryIX:
App Received - Nov 21
CC Charged - Jan 26
PER - Feb 17

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Rhyle(m): 8:37pm On Feb 18, 2015
solomonwis:

Yes,you can have "family support" but the definition of family support ends with funds made available by the principal applicant, Accompanying spouse or both. Other than these two,the onus lies on the principal applicant to prove that fund or evidence of fund presented is indeed available,not borrowed or encumbered by debt of any kind.

It is always an herculean task proving that other sources of fund prove the availability for use by the principal applicant and his/her family.
Hi Solomon, do you mean to say that funds coming in as support for this purpose from extended family members as listed on your apllication and a letter signed by them as a donation they don't expect to collect back from you would not be convincing?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:51pm On Feb 18, 2015
Rhyle:
Hi Solomon, do you mean to say that funds coming in as support for this purpose from extended family members as listed on your apllication and a letter signed by them as a donation they don't expect to collect back from you would not be convincing?

Unfortunately "donation" does not meet the definition of proof of settlement fund. The "donation" must necessarily come from an accompanying spouse (if it ever arises). ".....You must have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations. Send updated bank statements, fixed deposit certificates, etc. If you have made large deposits into your accounts or fixed term investments, you must provide evidence of where the funds originated."

It is always difficult to prove that "donation" is not borrowed fund in disguise. The local visa office can ask you to provide as much as 2 years bank statement to prove that you have the required fund.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Highlyfavoured3: 9:48pm On Feb 18, 2015
HenryIX:

I think you can go ahead and teminate you investment. But make sure you have a readily available funds to provide whenever you are called on to show pof. Also, you can use a combination of fixed deposit and savings acct as pof, as long as they add up to the required minimum sum.

Cheers!

Congrats and thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Highlyfavoured3: 9:53pm On Feb 18, 2015
damkollins:
Cheers.

Good to hear from you again n wishing you the best.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by azeezbaba(m): 12:00am On Feb 19, 2015
damkollins:

Cheers.

I missed you the most. I can't wait to hear that beautiful landing story. I am licking my mouth already for that story. AM happy for you. We are coming behind you. I am awaiting my MR.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akanni(m): 11:00am On Feb 19, 2015
[quote author=damkollins post=30847560][color=#006600][size=10pt][b]Congrats on all updates and best wishes to some of us still preparing for WES and/or IELTS and speedy positive news to applicants already submitted.
My apologies to all and sundry for my abrupt absence on the thread.....even though I was not active,I have been passive to some reasonable extent.....

Nice one Dam, which province are you landing on?
I would like to holler when you reach anyways, cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by toksys: 11:34am On Feb 19, 2015
fgfg
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Vek2015: 12:13pm On Feb 19, 2015
Good Morning

I registered (payment pending) for ECA on WES around January for my 2 degrees(B.Sc & Master's). Going through this very helpful group, i realized it was ok to verify your masters alone instead of the two degrees. I have been trying to edit my order but it has been difficult because of my existing profile with WES. I have sent emails to their help centre but no response.

This is really wasting my time.

Kindly advise.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bukenken: 12:59pm On Feb 19, 2015
Vek2015:
Good Morning
I registered (payment pending) for ECA on WES around January for my 2 degrees(B.Sc & Master's). Going through this very helpful group, i realized it was ok to verify your masters alone instead of the two degrees. I have been trying to edit my order but it has been difficult because of my existing profile with WES. I have sent emails to their help centre but no response.
This is really wasting my time.
Kindly advise.

GDam everyone,

@ Vek2015, Same thing happen to me but when I send them mail see below for part of there response

Please indicate "Ignore" on any fields of the credentials in "Your
Education" section that you do not want evaluated. As the fields have
previously been filled out and cannot be removed, please indicate "Ignore"
on the Credential and Institution Names in order to proceed with your
online application. Only the credential information without "Ignore" in
them will be considered for the evaluation.

You can send me ur PM me den I will forward there response to you.

Have a luvly day

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.