Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828300 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
nairadeen:
Hello Nairalander,

Please how long does it takes for one to be granted Visa if a company is processing it for one in Canada.

By "..... a company is processing it for one in Canada",do you mean you have a qualifying job offer or your application is being handled by an immigration consultant/lawyer in Canada?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hmnnn: 4:49pm On Feb 22, 2015
nairadeen:
Hello Nairalander,

Please how long does it takes for one to be granted Visa if a company is processing it for one in Canada.

CIC determines how long it takes, whether company is processing it for you or not.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by nairadeen: 4:54pm On Feb 22, 2015
solomonwis:

By "..... a company is processing it for one in Canada",do you mean you have a qualifying job offer or your application is being handled by an immigration consultant/lawyer in Canada?

How long does it take in both situation. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 2:48pm On Feb 23, 2015
nairadeen:

How long does it take in both situation. Thank you.

check processing timelines here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Eni23: 3:55pm On Feb 23, 2015
Hello,

I am traveling to Canada by end of March, but I am a but unsure of how much money to take with me. I was planning to take only a small part with me and the rest to transfer it to my bank account once i arrive there.

Does the immigration officer at the border want a proof of funds again? Should I take all my money with me or a bank statement is enough?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shopaker: 4:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
hmnnn:

You don't need write IELTS or get WES ECA again, so long the ones you have are valid(i want to believe you have minimum of 6 in all segments of your IELTS). Just go ahead and open your EE profile, starting with initial assessment using a link called Canada tool on cic website. You will not be penalized for registering for EE even if you have gotten an invite through your previous application for FSW, you may however have to pay twice if both sails through(which we have assumed that your FSW application is some,thing we should forget in the meanwhile)

Thank you very much, I will keep coming back to you for update and guidance. I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lumzy1(m): 4:39pm On Feb 23, 2015
Hello All,

I want to know the best way to go about processing my ECA. I will be completing my M.Sc. latest by June and will write my IELTS in April. Is it advisable to process my B.Sc. cert assessment now and apply again for assessment when my M.Sc. degree is available (im not sure how soon my M.Sc cert will be ready).
I will also appreciate if I can get preparatory materials for IELTS, my email is geolumide@yahoo.com.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:57pm On Feb 23, 2015
Eni23:
Hello,

I am traveling to Canada by end of March, but I am a but unsure of how much money to take with me. I was planning to take only a small part with me and the rest to transfer it to my bank account once i arrive there.

Does the immigration officer at the border want a proof of funds again? Should I take all my money with me or a bank statement is enough?

You are not expected to carry physical cash across borders. You can provide prove of the availability of this fund or make use of bank instrument such as demand draft for the proof of settlement fund.

Remember, the CBSA is statutorily required to ensure there's no form of money laundering in whatever form and so ask prospective immigrant (and by extension visitors) to declare whatever cash of cash instrument that is above CAD$10,000.

Of late however,there has been little or no confirmation of the amount declared at the POE.

Bottom line is,your fund may not be in physical form but proof should be carried so show the availability of the proof of settlement fund.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:04pm On Feb 23, 2015
lumzy1:
Hello All,

I want to know the best way to go about processing my ECA. I will be completing my M.Sc. latest by June and will write my IELTS in April. Is it advisable to process my B.Sc. cert assessment now and apply again for assessment when my M.Sc. degree is available (im not sure how soon my M.Sc cert will be ready).
I will also appreciate if I can get preparatory materials for IELTS, my email is geolumide@yahoo.com.

Thanks

It all depends on how fast you want you application to be processed. If you want your application to be processed fast enough,you can proceed with just your Bsc. However,you should gain reasonable assurance that your CRS will be enough to make you enter the pool for possibility of selection for ITA.

You should also know that your Msc result might not be immediately available (If your education is in Nigeria) for inclusion in your application.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by labiola: 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2015
Thank you guys for the great work you are doing. I and my wife with our 3 children are planning to relocate to Canada, am a chartered accountant, I have MBA, BSc, with over 10yrs working experience and my wife is a Radiographer, she also has PGD with over 7yrs working experience. Kindly advise who should be the principal applicant between both of us. will my qualification increase our chances if my wife chooses to by the principal applicant.. thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
labiola:

Thank you guys for the great work you are doing. I and my wife with our 3 children are planning to relocate to Canada, am a chartered accountant, I have MBA, BSc, with over 10yrs working experience and my wife is a Radiographer, she also has PGD with over 7yrs working experience. Kindly advise who should be the principal applicant between both of us. will my qualification increase our chances if my wife chooses to by the principal applicant.. thank you

The new Express Entry (new because it was launched in January 2015) encourages both the principal applicants and accompanying spouse to have their educational credentials assessed and show proof of language ability. As it stands both you and your spouse appear to meet the requirements for application. You will however base the conclusion of your eligibility on your ECA result and show proof of language ability (IELTS).

You stand a better chance to be the principal applicants while your spouse be the accompanying spouse. Please proceed to evaluate your educational credentials (both husband and wife) and make arrangement to register for IELTS (both husband and wife). Also make preparation to secure work references from all the employers you both have worked for. Once you have all of that ready, you can proceed to apply through the express entry platform.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by labiola: 6:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
@Solomon the wise, God bless you . I will do just that.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dre4u(m): 8:56pm On Feb 23, 2015
solomonwis:

The new Express Entry (new because it was launched in January 2015) encourages both the principal applicants and accompanying spouse to have their educational credentials assessed and show proof of language ability. As it stands both you and your spouse appear to meet the requirements for application. You will however base the conclusion of your eligibility on your ECA result and show proof of language ability (IELTS).

You stand a better chance to be the principal applicants while your spouse be the accompanying spouse. Please proceed to evaluate your educational credentials (both husband and wife) and make arrangement to register for IELTS (both husband and wife). Also make preparation to secure work references from all the employers you both have worked for. Once you have all of that ready, you can proceed to apply through the express entry platform.
pls my brother how do I go about ECA and how much will it cost me thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:57pm On Feb 23, 2015
dre4u:
pls my brother how do I go about ECA and how much will it cost me thanks.

Kindly run through this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dre4u(m): 9:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
solomonwis:

Kindly run through this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

I hv ckeck d site, but no link to evaluate credentials
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bakinswo: 9:31pm On Feb 23, 2015
Hello House, i need an urgent response. I sent in my application to CIC in Nov and CC debited in Jan, PER received Feb. I just discovered that i made an error in one of the forms i submitted, my self and my wife were denied UK visa sometimes in 2011 but i filled No in the schedule A 6d that we have not been refused visa before, although we had since been given thereafter and travelled once. I actually thought this was referring to visa refusal to canada only. Pls how do i get this corrected at AVO and hope this cannot cause any issues for me.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:01pm On Feb 23, 2015
dre4u:
Please check and read further for the instructions and ways you can choose your preferred evaluating body.
You will see in the link given(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp),some bullet points with drop down buttons which you need to check for yourself.
*'Designated organizations for ECA"
*'How to choose a designated organization"
*"How to get an ECA"
*"What your report means"
*"Submitting your report"
I will suggest you use World education service but the choice is actually personal,i'm giving my recommendation based on my opinion.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:03pm On Feb 23, 2015
dre4u:

In the link, click on designated organizations for ECA.

Note: You can not evaluate your credentials yourself but there are designated organizations for that purpose.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:13pm On Feb 23, 2015
bakinswo:
Hello House, i need an urgent response. I sent in my application to CIC in Nov and CC debited in Jan, PER received Feb. I just discovered that i made an error in one of the forms i submitted, my self and my wife were denied UK visa sometimes in 2011 but i filled No in the schedule A 6d that we have not been refused visa before, although we had since been given thereafter and travelled once. I actually thought this was referring to visa refusal to canada only. Pls how do i get this corrected at AVO and hope this cannot cause any issues for me.
Congrats on your updates.
Two options exist....its either you send a CSE to Accra visa office or you send a mail to them
1.Send a CSE to them with the link below and explain to them on your seemingly unintentional error/mistake.Let them know you are ready to re-fill the form and update it with the information.Be fair enough to let them know the question was ambiguous to you which was why you made the mistake.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra
2.Send an email to "accra.immigration@international.gc.ca and accra@international.gc.ca" and explain same thing to them.
They may respond back to you to fill the form and send it back again to them either by post or by mail....they mail also not respond back to you.
What matters is that they have it on their records just incase of future references.
Wish you the best.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
Hello house, I discovered this thread after submitting our application December 2014. Great knowledge is being shared here, Kudos to you all.

My card has just been charged this evening for the application processing for the FSW. I have a little challenge. Who knows where I can translate my police clearance which is in Spanish. I need an accredited translator that will do a valid legalized translation, preferably in Port Harcourt.

Looking forward to your positive suggestions.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solarmanng: 12:43am On Feb 24, 2015
damkollins:

Congrats on your updates.
Two options exist....its either you send a CSE to Accra visa office or you send a mail to them
1.Send a CSE to them with the link below and explain to them on your seemingly unintentional error/mistake.Let them know you are ready to re-fill the form and update it with the information.Be fair enough to let them know the question was ambiguous to you which was why you made the mistake.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra
2.Send an email to "accra.immigration@international.gc.ca and accra@international.gc.ca" and explain same thing to them.
They may respond back to you to fill the form and send it back again to them either by post or by mail....they mail also not respond back to you.
What matters is that they have it on their records just incase of future references.
Wish you the best.
Cheers.

Hello Damkollins,

I just received an alert that my card has been debited for the FSW application. But I have this concern, the passport my spouse used for the application have been replaced because the old one fell into water(it was primarily replaced because the picture on it was smeared ). Do I need to take any action now? Please, your advice would be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:42am On Feb 24, 2015
solarmanng:

Hello Damkollins,
I just received an alert that my card has been debited for the FSW application. But I have this concern, the passport my spouse used for the application have been replaced because the old one fell into water(it was primarily replaced because the picture on it was smeared ). Do I need to take any action now? Please, your advice would be highly appreciated.
Congrats on been debited.
Not sure if you are referring to your passport photograph or Passport document cheesy
I want to assume you are referring to passport document since you made reference to picture on it been smeared.
Nothing much to worry....just raise a CSE to Accra and inform them of the reason why the passport was replaced ....and in process ask if they want you to send the new passport to you.
Use the link below to contact ...
You may even scan the new passport document biodata page in the process.
Meanwhile,you will need to wait until you receive your PER email before you can raise the CSE because your files actually get sent internally to your local visa office immediately you receive your PER email.
Wish you the best.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solarmanng: 8:46am On Feb 24, 2015
damkollins:

Congrats on been debited.
Not sure if you are referring to your passport photograph or Passport document cheesy
I want to assume you are referring to passport document since you made reference to picture on it been smeared.
Nothing much to worry....just raise a CSE to Accra and inform them of the reason why the passport was replaced ....and in process ask if they want you to send the new passport to you.
Use the link below to contact ...
You may even scan the new passport document biodata page in the process.
Meanwhile,you will need to wait until you receive your PER email before you can raise the CSE because your files actually get sent internally to your local visa office immediately you receive your PER email.
Wish you the best.

Thank you Damkollins for the prompt response. You were actually right in your assumption because it was the Passport document that got smeared after falling into water. As you advised, I will be looking forward in getting the PER email before I can take any action. Thanks once again for the good work.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by labiola: 8:58am On Feb 24, 2015
@ Solomonwise, thank you for your detail explanation on my request yesterday. Am about to apply to WES for my ECA, do I need to send all my certificate from Bsc, ICAN certificate, MBA certificate for evaluation or most recent qualification, I want to avoid the stress of getting transcript of my Bsc certificate.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by rasaqdayo: 9:01am On Feb 24, 2015
I was really amazed after reading through this thread that the gurus here are offering professional answers to queries selflessly while lots of immigration services out there would charge for such. Thanks to you all.
I would like to seek your recommendation on the options of immigrating to work in Canada based on my profile.
Age - 27
Education - B.Tech (Chem. Eng.),M.Sc ( Energy Studies)
Work Experience - 3 yr 3m (Plant Engr - Manufacturing)
IELTS - 7.0 (W 6, S 7, L 7, R 8 )

I am waiting for WES presently. I am aware that my occupation is regulated and would require a license. After some research, I believe Nova Scotia Engineer Association could assess and process an EIT probably in 3 months while APEGS (Sask) claimed that applications could take a year. That I believe would enable me to apply for NSPNP this year.
While I calculated my points as 67 for NSPNP, it is just 66 under CIC Express Entry because of a point difference in the work experience grid point between the two programs. I will humbly seek any correction, if any, in my calculation and advice on my application. I don't mind suggestions on other provincial programs. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:12am On Feb 24, 2015
labiola:
@ Solomonwise, thank you for your detail explanation on my request yesterday. Am about to apply to WES for my ECA, do I need to send all my certificate from Bsc, ICAN certificate, MBA certificate for evaluation or most recent qualification, I want to avoid the stress of getting transcript of my Bsc certificate.

You can send in your MBA certificate alone while you request your educational institution to forward your transcripts directly.

The idea is to evaluate the highest qualification which in turn earn you the highest score points.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:17am On Feb 24, 2015
rasaqdayo:
I was really amazed after reading through this thread that the gurus here are offering professional answers to queries selflessly while lots of immigration services out there would charge for such. Thanks to you all.
I would like to seek your recommendation on the options of immigrating to work in Canada based on my profile.
Age - 27
Education - B.Tech (Chem. Eng.),M.Sc ( Energy Studies)
Work Experience - 3 yr 3m (Plant Engr - Manufacturing)
IELTS - 7.0 (W 6, S 7, L 7, R 8 )

I am waiting for WES presently. I am aware that my occupation is regulated and would require a license. After some research, I believe Nova Scotia Engineer Association could assess and process an EIT probably in 3 months while APEGS (Sask) claimed that applications could take a year. That I believe would enable me to apply for NSPNP this year.
[b]While I calculated my points as 67 for NSPNP, it is just 66 under CIC Express Entry [/b]because of a point difference in the work experience grid point between the two programs. I will humbly seek any correction, if any, in my calculation and advice on my application. I don't mind suggestions on other provincial programs. Thanks in advance.

Your score points under Express Entry couldn't have been 66! You most probably didn't calculate well or you didn't make use of the right tool.

Please use this tool (link) to calculate your score points http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-tool.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by usr249: 10:00am On Feb 24, 2015
Dear Brothers,

Good morning to you all. I am intending to take a part time teaching job for a semester at a university college from next month and still keep my full time job. I would like to know if there would be the need to raise a CSE and inform AVO about this. There is no change in my permanent job.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:04am On Feb 24, 2015
usr249:
Dear Brothers,

Good morning to you all. I am intending to take a part time teaching job for a semester at a university college from next month and still keep my full time job. I would like to know if there would be the need to raise a CSE and inform AVO about this. There is no change in my permanent job.

Thanks.

No need sending a CSE.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by usr249: 10:16am On Feb 24, 2015
@Solomonwis,

Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Jetspeed: 10:56am On Feb 24, 2015
solarmanng:

Hello Damkollins,

Congrats on being debited. what was the rate like? I mean Canadian dollar to the Naira.
I am also looking forward to be debited for 1,550 Canadian dollars.
Application received on the 29th Dec. 2014.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Sleekjaguar: 11:03am On Feb 24, 2015
Hello Guys,

Been expecting my PER email (FSWC Nov 2014) after Debit Card dedcuction since Jan 29, 2015 but none so far. Just checked my forms (copies) and noticed that I omitted my email address in the "Contact Information" section of my generic IMM0008 form. I've sent an email (with fee payment proof, barcode pages and Intl. passport attached) explaning this omission to the case specific website 'https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra&_ga=1.73416146.1512738845.1403084063' using their enquiry form. Allso sent another email to 're-accra.immigration@international.gc.ca' about this.
For those who have gotten theirs or with experience, do you know of anyone present or past that got theirs through regular mail?
Just want to know if this action is sufficient?

I'll appreciate any valuable info on this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (322)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.