Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827754 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by rasaqdayo: 11:06am On Feb 24, 2015
solomonwis:

Your score points under Express Entry couldn't have been 66! You most probably didn't calculate well or you didn't make use of the right tool.

Please use this tool (link) to calculate your score points http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-tool.asp
Really appreciate the prompt response @Solomonwis. My breakdown on the language score earned me just 20points.
S 7 - CLB 9 - 6points
L 7 - CLB 6 - 4points
R 8 - CLB 9 - 6points
W 6 - CLB 6- 4points
Language points = 20 points
Education (MSc.)= 23 points
Age (18-35years)= 12 points
Experience (2-3yrs)= 11 points
Total points for EE = 66 points
I realized there wasn't any grid for 3-4 yrs while 13 points was awarded for 4-5yrs experience. While Nova Scotia awarded 12points for 3 years experience. I wish the EE has 3-4 yrs grid as 12pts.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:16am On Feb 24, 2015
rasaqdayo:

Really appreciate the prompt response @Solomonwis. My breakdown on the language score earned me just 20points.
S 7 - CLB 9 - 6points
L 7 - CLB 6 - 4points
R 8 - CLB 9 - 6points
W 6 - CLB 6- 4points
Language points = 20 points
Education (MSc.)= 23 points
Age (18-35years)= 12 points
Experience (2-3yrs)= 11 points
Total points for EE = 66 points
I realized there wasn't any grid for 3-4 yrs while 13 points was awarded for 4-5yrs experience. While Nova Scotia awarded 12points for 3 years experience. I wish the EE has 3-4 yrs grid as 12pts.

You are still missing the point. You are calculating using the old grid. Please use this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:19am On Feb 24, 2015
Sleekjaguar:
Hello Guys,

Been expecting my PER email (FSWC Nov 2014) after Debit Card dedcuction since Jan 29, 2015 but none so far. Just checked my forms (copies) and noticed that I omitted my email address in the "Contact Information" section of my generic IMM0008 form. I've sent an email (with fee payment proof, barcode pages and Intl. passport attached) explaning this omission to the case specific website 'https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra&_ga=1.73416146.1512738845.1403084063' using their enquiry form. Allso sent another email to 're-accra.immigration@international.gc.ca' about this.
For those who have gotten theirs or with experience, do you know of anyone present or past that got theirs through regular mail?
Just want to know if this action is sufficient?

I'll appreciate any valuable info on this.

Please send the same mail to cio-sydney-search-enquiry@cic.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by rasaqdayo: 11:46am On Feb 24, 2015
solomonwis:

You are still missing the point. You are calculating using the old grid. Please use this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp
I am really grateful for the link. It eases the task of eligible candidates. Unfortunately, the result determined I was ineligible. I am in a dilemma @Solomonwis.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:54am On Feb 24, 2015
rasaqdayo:

I am really grateful for the link. It eases the task of eligible candidates. Unfortunately, the result determined I was ineligible. I am in a dilemma @Solomonwis.

Do you have a spouse? If you do,what's her educational background like? How many years of work experience does she have?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Sleekjaguar: 11:54am On Feb 24, 2015
solomonwis:

Please send the same mail to cio-sydney-search-enquiry@cic.gc.ca

I've sent it now to the address you gave. Thanks man!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 12:05pm On Feb 24, 2015
Hello Solo, the wise one.
How far with your app? You've not told us the stage you currently are, but i guess you are moving forward.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by rasaqdayo: 12:12pm On Feb 24, 2015
solomonwis:

Do you have a spouse? If you do,what's her educational background like? How many years of work experience does she have?
Single presently. I will be moving to Canada alone with POF approximately 12k CAD.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by toksys: 12:48pm On Feb 24, 2015
Please am i need materials to prepare for the EITLS exam pleae can someone help or how do i get materials for the exam
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:56pm On Feb 24, 2015
Meritl:
Hello Solo, the wise one.
How far with your app? You've not told us the stage you currently are, but i guess you are moving forward.

I am a Canadian! grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2015
rasaqdayo:

Single presently. I will be moving to Canada alone with POF approximately 12k CAD.

You must probably have to work on your IELTS. Your years of work experience is a bit low but you can't help that. You also have to look at being nominated by a province/territory to bolster your chance.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 1:08pm On Feb 24, 2015
solomonwis:

I am a Canadian! grin

Haha. lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley.
That's good to hear because I was sincerely not happy/worried that such a person like you doesn't have recent updates.
Congrats and keep enjoying the Marple leaf country.
Still at the PER stage, waiting for Med Request.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by rasaqdayo: 1:52pm On Feb 24, 2015
solomonwis:

You must probably have to work on your IELTS. Your years of work experience is a bit low but you can't help that. You also have to look at being nominated by a province/territory to bolster your chance.
Yeah, I will definitely have to score higher next time. I almost considered "Enquiry on Result" from BC on my writing section but I wasn't encouraged to do that since it will require time and financial implications. Thanks once again "brother from another nation". cool

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bal2012002(m): 5:19pm On Feb 24, 2015
Jetspeed:

Congrats on being debited. what was the rate like? I mean Canadian dollar to the Naira.
I am also looking forward to be debited for 1,550 Canadian dollars.
Application received on the 29th Dec. 2014.
hi @jetspeed
mine was aslo received 29th Dec. Been looking for someone in the category ever since I heard of Dec appl been charged. Hope we get charged SOONEST!
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zaliya(f): 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2015
Hi house,
Just got my PER!

Thank God....and thank you all!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:56pm On Feb 24, 2015
zaliya:
Hi house,
Just got my PER!

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Jetspeed: 6:14pm On Feb 24, 2015
zaliya:
Hi house,
Just got my PER!

Congrats!!!!!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Jetspeed: 6:15pm On Feb 24, 2015
bal2012002:

hi @jetspeed
mine was aslo received 29th Dec. Been looking for someone in the category ever since I heard of Dec appl been charged. Hope we get charged SOONEST!
Cheers

We will hopefully
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by toksys: 6:52pm On Feb 24, 2015
* please how do i study for my ielts,i need study mwterials were can i buy any advice
* Also want to know if i can still submit application for provincial nomination and if yes which province is currently accepting application
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by princessayinke: 8:08pm On Feb 24, 2015
jetspeed, longest time. i haven't heard from you in a while. Hope you are doing fine, i remember our application got in on the same day and same time. I am sure we will soon get charged probably this week or 1st week in march. the wait is not easy though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by princessayinke: 8:12pm On Feb 24, 2015
Congratulations!!!!!. Pls can you share your timeline.
zaliya:
Hi house,
Just got my PER!

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 8:50pm On Feb 24, 2015
Hi all,
Pls do I need employers reference letter to get in the pool?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:26pm On Feb 24, 2015
livepluslife:
Hi all,
Pls do I need employers reference letter to get in the pool?

Yes, you do. Even though you are not required to send physical documents at the time of your registration, you should endeavor to have documentary evidence of your claim at the time of registration.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by debeams: 12:15am On Feb 25, 2015
Good day all, PLEASE can I get practice material for IELTS. I barely have a month to prepare, sent it to adebims@gmail.com. Thanks in anticipation...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by skidmarkz: 1:20am On Feb 25, 2015
solomonwis:

I am a Canadian! grin

Bro Solomonwis, how hard is it to convert to become Canadian Citizen? Any tips you might want to share with us?
What are the advantages to become Canadian?

Thx
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Biadroit: 1:41am On Feb 25, 2015
Hello Solomonwise,
God bless you sir, please I kindly need your urgent help, I've done the eligibility test and it came out positive . But I've not been able to load my profile. can you please guide me on step by step of creating the on line profile and particularly the best option for someone in Nigeria as I understand there are two options.
Tnx in anticipation of your usual prompt response
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 3:14am On Feb 25, 2015
skidmarkz:

Bro Solomonwis, how hard is it to convert to become Canadian Citizen? Any tips you might want to share with us?
What are the advantages to become Canadian?

Thx

It will amount to shooting in the dark if I don't have a little insight into your background regarding your Canadian journey. What stage are you please?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 3:15am On Feb 25, 2015
Biadroit:
Hello Solomonwise,
God bless you sir, please I kindly need your urgent help, I've done the eligibility test and it came out positive . But I've not been able to load my profile. can you please guide me on step by step of creating the on line profile and particularly the best option for someone in Nigeria as[b] I understand there are two options.
[/b]Tnx in anticipation of your usual prompt response

Can you explain the 2 options please?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by skidmarkz: 3:44am On Feb 25, 2015
solomonwis:

It will amount to shooting in the dark if I don't have a little insight into your background regarding your Canadian journey. What stage are you please?

I am still on an early stage: just got my PER almost 2 weeks ago.

How long have you been in Canada?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solarmanng: 4:15am On Feb 25, 2015
Jetspeed:

Congrats on being debited. what was the rate like? I mean Canadian dollar to the Naira.
I am also looking forward to be debited for 1,550 Canadian dollars.
Application received on the 29th Dec. 2014.

I was debited exactly 1,046.76 USD because my card is in USD.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:18am On Feb 25, 2015
skidmarkz:

I am still on an early stage: just got my PER almost 2 weeks ago.

How long have you been in Canada?

Then it should be one step at a time...

Where are you from? Indonesia or Singapore?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by skidmarkz: 4:32am On Feb 25, 2015
solomonwis:

Then it should be one step at a time...

Where are you from? Indonesia or Singapore?

I am Indonesian currently working in S'pore. What about you?

Which city in Canada is the best for looking a job as a civil engineer?

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.