Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829015 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by vicross: 8:27am On Mar 08, 2015
Thanks guys, lemme explain wat I mean. M single, I have 3 siblings, all togeda we re 6 (mum, dad nd myself). Altho my sis is married nw.
What I wanna knw is if my family size is 6?

Sorry if the question seems stupid. I need to know. GOD BLESS.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by labiz001: 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2015
vicross:
Thanks guys, lemme explain wat I mean. M single, I have 3 siblings, all togeda we re 6 (mum, dad nd myself). Altho my sis is married nw.

Not silly though but your family size is 1. If your Dad is the applicant then is family size is 6 and also those married can still be taken off is neck when considering settlement fund.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hmnnn: 2:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
vicross:

Its only you that can apply, what they mean by family is your dependants, e.g your wife and children. Your siblings would have to apply separately
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 4:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
Thanks sir...God bless smiley
solomonwis:

if it is not time consuming, she can send all her certificates and make plans to forward all her transcripts to WES foe evaluation. If however it will be time consuming putting all the documents together, she can send only her highest qualification for evaluation.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:15pm On Mar 08, 2015
hmnnn:

Its only you that can apply, what they mean by family is your dependants, e.g your wife and children. Your siblings would have to apply separately

labiz001:

Not silly though but your family size is 1. If your Dad is the applicant then is family size is 6 and also those married can still be taken off is neck when considering settlement fund.

vicross:

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:20pm On Mar 08, 2015
Just read today complains from some people who are already in the pool but suddenly got a message earlier today i guess, that they are not eligible, has anyone here got same? Some others got the message that their profile has been updated but, the people in question didn't see any change. We don't know yet if it's a system glitch. We pray no bad news for anyone o, in Jesus name
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dvstan: 8:54pm On Mar 08, 2015
Got that same ineligibility message... Not bothered I feel the system is acting up

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DoubleBam2X: 9:10pm On Mar 08, 2015
Good day all,
Has anyone here had to send additional documents to AVO? Kindly share the address used.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sevule(m): 9:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hello Guys

Just wanted to update the House. I received my invitation for Medicals today and instructions on how to pay the Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). I was pretty shocked because i was not expecting it to be ready this quickly. My FSWP timeline is as follows:

1. Oct 15, 2014 Submitted my FSWP application
2. Jan 19, 2015 Received my PER
3. Mar 3, 2015 Invitation for Medicals and payment of Permanent Residence Fee

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Lenta(f): 9:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
sevule:
Hello Guys

Just wanted to update the House. I received my invitation for Medicals today and instructions on how to pay the Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). I was pretty shocked because i was not expecting it to be ready this quickly. My FSWP timeline is as follows:

Wow, That is pretttty fast. Now you have awaken my curiosity/excitement/anxiety which has reduced since I got my PER. lol. My application was received 3rd of Nov and I got my Per 29th of Jan. Now I feel like I might be getting the same news too. heheheh. Pls, whats your NOC and also is your visa office Accra? Do you know if they reached out to your employer(s)? I am excited for you though, Congratulations....
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sevule(m): 9:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
Lenta:

Wow, That is pretttty fast. Now you have awaken my curiosity/excitement/anxiety which has reduced since I got my PER. lol. My application was received 3rd of Nov and I got my Per 29th of Jan. Now I feel like I might be getting the same news too. heheheh. Pls, whats your NOC and also is your visa office Accra? Do you know if they reached out to your employer(s)? I am excited for you though, Congratulations....

@Lenta Thanks for the kind word. My NOC is NOC 2172 (Database Analyst and Administrator) and my visa office is the one in the US because that's where I currently reside. To the best of my knowledge I do not think that they contacted my employers but I may be wrong since the last time I spoke with my ex-boss was when I needed to get the work certificate.

Surprisingly they didn't ask for any additional documentation after they received my initial application.

I do hope your letter comes in soon. Keep your fingers crossed!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by labiz001: 10:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hello house, I received a mail from AVO today and they want me to pay the $150 for my new baby. Can the IMM5620 be used in making the payment ( debit card ). Also need to update some forms submitted earlier.

Also what link can I get the list of forms filled earlier for FSWP.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by skidmarkz: 12:53am On Mar 10, 2015
sevule:
Hello Guys

Bro Sevule, if you have been issued with the special visa from the Canadian embassy, when will the visa expiry?

Thx
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dober(m): 7:24am On Mar 10, 2015
Hello great people.
please can someone help with the following
1. Is the novia scotia nominee program NSNP still on going?
2. While sending NSNP application, should one go to CIC website and pay fee instantly with credit card or download and attach the Fee Payment Form[IMM 5620] and give credit card details for deduction.
God bless you all.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:41am On Mar 10, 2015
labiz001:
Hello house, I received a mail from AVO today and they want me to pay the $150 for my new baby. Can the IMM5620 be used in making the payment ( debit card ). Also need to update some forms submitted earlier.

Also what link can I get the list of forms filled earlier for FSWP.

You can only pay with bank draft/certified cheques.

[b]Method of Payment for Permanent Resident Application only:

Only the following forms of payment, in Ghanaian, U.S. or Canadian funds, are acceptable for Permanent Resident Fees:
•Certified Cheque
•Bank Draft

*** Note: We do not accept personal cheques

Bank Draft and Certified Cheques:
•Payment to be made by bank draft or certified cheque.
•Cedi payments are payable to "The Canadian High Commission".
•If you are paying in Canadian dollars, the bank draft or certified cheque should be addressed to the Receiver General for Canada and should be cleared on a Canadian bank.
•If you are paying in US dollars, the bank draft or certified cheque should be addressed to the Receiver General for Canada and should be cleared on an American bank.

Important: Bank drafts and certified cheques have a limited validity. Ensure that your bank draft or certified cheque is not older than 4 months for Canadian and American Bank drafts and 6 months for Ghanaian Bank drafts when it reaches our office.
[/b]

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng

Paying through other means other than specified will delay your application further.

2. You can get all the applicable forms here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:50am On Mar 10, 2015
dober:
Hello great people.
please can someone help with the following
1. Is the novia scotia nominee program NSNP still on going?
2. While sending NSNP application, should one go to CIC website and pay fee instantly with credit card or download and attach the Fee Payment Form[IMM 5620] and give credit card details for deduction.
God bless you all.

1.You can contact the program office directly here:

Nova Scotia Office of Immigration

1741 Brunswick Street, Suite 110A
PO Box 1535
Halifax, NS, Canada
B3J 2Y3

Telephone: (902) 424-5230
Toll Free in Nova Scotia: 1-877-292-9597
Fax: (902) 424-7936

Email: nsnp@novascotia.ca

I assure you they will respond to you.

2.You don't pay for anything with Nova Scotia. Please do not supply your credit/debit card details unless instructed to do so (In this case, you will not be asked for money).

Read for more details here: https://novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/nova-scotia-demand-express-entry/
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:55am On Mar 10, 2015
DoubleBam2X:
Good day all,
Has anyone here had to send additional documents to AVO? Kindly share the address used.
Thanks

Here you go

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration
High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana
Fax | Téléc: +233 (030) 2211524

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:55am On Mar 10, 2015
sevule:
Hello Guys

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:58am On Mar 10, 2015
chatterly:
Hello Solomon and all my ogas,
I have a quick question,I have been asked to pay used 150 to add my daughter to our application,I checked on Accra website and it says the draft should be addressed to the receiver general for canada,My question is,GTB online FX portal is asking for the address of the beneficiary.
please advice on what address to use.
Thanks

No need for too much details,just put in Sydney Nova Scotia,Canada
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:05am On Mar 10, 2015
Biadroit:
Pls I need urgent help from solomon wise and damkollinsnd anyone that can pls help me. My application was received (2145 - petroleum engineering ) . But it was posted back and it had a letter that the money order was stale more than 6months, the whole document was ticked ok and the calculation of fee was even done on the left hand coner, the IELTS where verified and the ECA too as copy of the verification was printed out cos it came with the returned document, UCI was given as 92473640, and ticked ok and every other things where actually ticked ok, they wrote R10WMQ, NO rep,MI12-NOC, PA550, SP 550,they shaded the date on the date on money order. The money orde was purchased from canada and prior to using it I made enquiries and was told that money orders don't expire on like bank draft . And on their site it was stated that payment instrument from issued outside canada has 6mnths expiry date! So y say my money order is stale is it possible that the officer that treated it made a mistake? But my main question is that I was told by my relative in canada who works with CIC that am suppose to resend it with a proper new draft or card payment. Pls I need your kind help damkollins, solomon sis and all. Very many tnx

Sadly,it looks like you are out of the FSWP race.

It's confusing though that your relative in Canada who works with CIC is giving you a false hope/assurance. You will need to gain reasonable assurance that your relative is giving you the information correctly.

As at the last check, the maximum number of 25,000 cap for 2014 FSWP has been reached.

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by toksys: 9:35am On Mar 10, 2015
Goodmoring good everyone.hope we are all getting and moving with the information in this thread.thanks to some special people for their sacrifice and timely answers to all our questions God willl abundantly bless you.
my question
* i want my wife to be the pincipal applicant because of age she earn more point than i do,but she as a dual citizen ship.she has both british(birth) and nigerian citizenship.all are schooling was done here in nigeria but before we got married someone stole are british passport but as God will have it the passport was restored to her.now my question is the name on our nigerian passport and british pasport is her maiden name i.e her fathers name ,the lawyer that help us then advice that it should be so,my question is since she will be the principal applicant under whose name will she apply with ?our maiden name or husband name.and in the statement of account that we are presenting is it going to be in maiden name or my name(husband name).i want her to take the IETLS exam after am done with mine under whose name will i register her with maiden or husband name since she will be presenting her passport at the venue.the canadian immigration might not understand this since she got her passport back 3 years
after we got married and both(british and nigerian)carry her maiden name.will appreciate your response.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sevule(m): 10:38am On Mar 10, 2015
skidmarkz:

Bro Sevule, if you have been issued with the special visa from the Canadian embassy, when will the visa expiry?

Thx

@Skidmarkz
I haven't been issued the visa yet. I first have to do medicals but I do believe that the PR visa lasts for 5 years and it is renewable
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by skidmarkz: 10:51am On Mar 10, 2015
sevule:

@Skidmarkz
I haven't been issued the visa yet. I first have to do medicals but I do believe that the PR visa lasts for 5 years and it is renewable

Hi bro Sevule, I understand about the validity of 5 years once you land in Canada.

My question is that once the Canadian embassy in your country issues you with an initial visa (arrival visa), how long do you need to come to Canada before you become a PR there? Please let us know later once it has been issued.

Thx
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sevule(m): 4:32pm On Mar 10, 2015
solomonwis:

Congratulations!

Thanks Solomon!!! I really appreciate the pro bono work you are doing here to assist us with our inquiries.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:42pm On Mar 10, 2015
sevule:
Hello Guys

Big congrats.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by usr249: 11:09pm On Mar 10, 2015
@Solomomwis,

Regarding Biadroit's issue, if the maximum number has been reached, why would he be issued a UCI?

Don't you think his UCI counts towards the maximum number reached?

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by usr249: 11:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
@Sevula,

Congrats.

Could you share your email with me if it is okay with u? I am a Database Administrator as well.

Cheers,
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sevule(m): 12:21am On Mar 11, 2015
usr249:
@Sevula,

Congrats.

Could you share your email with me if it is okay with u? I am a Database Administrator as well.

Cheers,

I sent you a PM
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by usr249: 12:30am On Mar 11, 2015
@Sevule,

Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by labiz001: 2:06am On Mar 11, 2015
Hello house,
I have to raise a draft for payment of 150CAD for my new baby application. I have been told I can only raise bank draft in USD here, so my question is how do I know 150CAD equivalent in USD so has not to shortpay AVE.

Please advice
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by labiz001: 2:16am On Mar 11, 2015
I mean AVO
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:28am On Mar 11, 2015
sevule:
Hello Guys

Congrats.
Wish you speedy processing.
Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.