Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827741 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by labiz001: 8:15am On Mar 02, 2015
Case Specific Enquiry
Your enquiry has been sent to the visa office processing your application. You should receive a reply within 28 working days (by email, regular mail or fax).

If your application is within normal processing times you may not receive a reply from the visa office.

If your message contains new information for your application (e.g. adding a newborn or change of address) your file will be updated but the visa office may not respond to your email.

Hello House
The above is the message I got immediatly after sending a CSE and my case has to be with adding of a new born. Does it mean they might not respond to my mail. How do I then know what is required to add the baby to my application.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DoubleBam2X: 8:26am On Mar 02, 2015
Hi everyone,
AVO asked that I pay for RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE for me and my spouse and APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE for our new born.

Questions:
1) Should the bank draft be raised differently?
2) From the fee guide, I deduced that the right of permanent residence fee is CAN$490/person and Application for permanent residence fee is CAD$150 for a new born. Am I correct?
3) I do not have a domiciliary account, how can I get a bank draft raised in foreign currency?

I will anticipate your kind reply.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by loriaidah(f): 5:03pm On Mar 02, 2015
Please I need help. I applied for fswp 2014 since Oct and yet to get debited, no mail and I've not seen my application I don't know what to do.please I need information on how to contact them either phone or email.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Thrombos(f): 6:13pm On Mar 02, 2015
Thanks for the input. I guessed I have to try harder at convincing him .
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Thrombos(f): 6:17pm On Mar 02, 2015
solomonwis:

Unfortunately, you can not claim additional points with your relatives in Canada anymore with the launching of Express Entry.

Here, the higher your score points, the higher your chances of being selected. So, it will be beneficial if you can encourage/persuade your spouse to go for both language test and ECA.

If you however, decide to go for EE alone (without your spouse's ECA and IELTS), you might have to approach the provinces and prospective employers for nomination/sponsorship.
Thanks for the prompt response . I will try and convince him .
Please is it possible to apply for student visa at the same time apply for EE.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:44pm On Mar 02, 2015
DoubleBam2X:
Hi everyone,
AVO asked that I pay for RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE for me and my spouse and APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE for our new born.
Questions:
2) From the fee guide, I deduced that the right of permanent residence fee is CAN$490/person and Application for permanent residence fee is CAD$150 for a new born. Am I correct?
3) I do not have a domiciliary account, how can I get a bank draft raised in foreign currency?
Congrats.
1.Raise a single draft ...either CAD draft or USD draft.
2.You should raise the 1130CAD draft as a whole and include a cover letter that shows breakdown for the three payment.
3.You need to have a domicilliary account ......better still,look for a friend or relative of yours that have to raise the draft on your behalf payable to "Receiver General for Canada".
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:52pm On Mar 02, 2015
loriaidah:
Please I need help. I applied for fswp 2014 since Oct and yet to get debited, no mail and I've not seen my application I don't know what to do.please I need information on how to contact them either phone or email.
Firstly ....Have you looked at the option of express entry ?
Secondly,please send a CSE to the link below to ask for the status of your application from CIC.
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DoubleBam2X: 7:56pm On Mar 02, 2015
Thanks a lot @damkollins. Your readiness to help is incredible. God will reward you tremendously.

damkollins:

Congrats.
1.Raise a single draft ...either CAD draft or USD draft.
2.You should raise the 1130CAD draft as a whole and include a cover letter that shows breakdown for the three payment.
3.You need to have a domicilliary account ......better still,look for a friend or relative of yours that have to raise the draft on your behalf payable to "Receiver General for Canada".
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by o2(f): 3:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I need an advice from you. I actually am planning to put in for the Express Entry this year. I have done IELTS (SCORED 7.5) and presently processing my WES ECA. I also have applied to schools in Canada. Got admission for a PG one year programme and also an MSC admission in view. This is my question. Can both application go side by side. I feel it might be a confusion since going to study implies i have a mind of coming back while going through immigration means i want to stay there. I am a BSC Graduate, 30 years lady, married with two kids. I have 3 years experience in Accounting. I have been to two countries (Dubai and LOndon) for a visit.

My question is can i apply for both?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
o2:
Hello Everyone,

I need an advice from you. I actually am planning to put in for the Express Entry this year. I have done IELTS (SCORED 7.5) and presently processing my WES ECA. I also have applied to schools in Canada. Got admission for a PG one year programme and also an MSC admission in view. This is my question. Can both application go side by side. I feel it might be a confusion since going to study implies i have a mind of coming back while going through immigration means i want to stay there. I am a BSC Graduate, 30 years lady, married with two kids. I have 3 years experience in Accounting. I have been to two countries (Dubai and LOndon) for a visit.

In my own opinion I dont tink it is wise to run both sides concurrently. Cos it might be conflicting in the long run. Why not focus on d student thing if u ve d financial capability. By so doing it is relatively easier to get a visa as a student. Upon arrival, after 6months ur work permit wld be activated. And in the long run upon graduation it ll be easy to get dat 600 marks attached to canadian job offer thinx whch one can rarely get from Nigeria.

Just thinkin aloud anyway. All the best mam.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 8:14pm On Mar 03, 2015
DoubleBam2X:
Hi everyone,

Questions:

You can raise both in one draft. You have the option of raising it in USD or CAD. Get someone with a dom account and you are home and drive. Congrats
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by leanx: 8:31pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hi NL... My name is tosin...av bn following the. Express entry updates before it started @ all but I felt reluctant when it came out officially... Pls I need your advice.... I just concluded my national diploma nd I studied Building tech but I've bn into photography for the past 6 years... Pls.. Can someone like me apply?... Pls I need a response asap...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bal2012002(m): 8:38pm On Mar 03, 2015
hello all,
I just gat this alert on ny account...it shown bith credit and debit alert with same message.

Debit Alert
AC: **6010
DESC: Ac xfr from Sol ?188? to ?102?
DATE:03-Mar-2015 18:01
AMT:NGN201,094.76
BAL:NGN200,994.76
Pls call 012798800 for more info.
my fear is; "could it be cic tried to debit with an exchange rate of N188 to 1CAD which totals N206,000 and I had unsufficient funds"?
if my fear is correct, can i top the account and expect them to try again?
pls whats the current exchange rate used for those that used credit/debit card.
pls peeps yur comments is needed.
cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:34am On Mar 04, 2015
bal2012002:
hello all,
I just gat this alert on ny account...it shown bith credit and debit alert with same message.

Debit Alert
AC: **6010
DESC: Ac xfr from Sol ?188? to ?102?
DATE:03-Mar-2015 18:01
AMT:NGN201,094.76
BAL:NGN200,994.76
Pls call 012798800 for more info.
my fear is; "could it be cic tried to debit with an exchange rate of N188 to 1CAD which totals N206,000 and I had unsufficient funds"?
if my fear is correct, can i top the account and expect them to try again?
pls whats the current exchange rate used for those that used credit/debit card.
pls peeps yur comments is needed.
cheers
Though I did not understand the statement well....but I think you should go all out later in the morning to top up the amount in your account......because they will surely try it again if its CIC.
Do not take this chance for granted.
Wish you the best.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by abbyjo: 7:01am On Mar 04, 2015
It's an. Account scheme or sol transfer from one. To the. Other Ie your account was either transfer from one savings or current type to the other or. Moved from the branch you opened it to another.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bal2012002(m): 9:44am On Mar 04, 2015
damkollins:

Though I did not understand the statement well....but I think you should go all out later in the morning to top up the amount in your account......because they will surely try it again if its CIC.
Do not take this chance for granted.
Wish you the best.
Cheers.
@damkollins da mentor. many thanks for d advice. i have gone to top the account.
cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tlamp: 4:14pm On Mar 04, 2015
Hello damkollins and co,

Application sent: Aug 2014
CC charged - Nov 2014
PER received: Dec 2014.

I got married in January and would like to inform Accra visa office about my new status. Accra website states that 'Permanent residence applicants should wait until you have received your file number (letter B followed by 9 digits) before contacting us, except to change your mailing address, change your e-mail address, change your immigration representative, or withdraw your application'. My challenge is that I am yet to receive a 'file number' although I was assigned a UCI and an application number when I received the PER email in December.

1) Can I use the Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) option on the CIC website and attach my marriage certificate as proof?
2) Or do I update Accra via email or letter quoting my UCI and application number?
3) What other document(s) do I need to attach? details of spouse? etc??

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by johnsontade: 5:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
Hi guys,
Just got AOR for my NSNP application submitted on the 12th of January and have been asked to provide my Express Entry Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code. Dou you think i should edit my express entry profile and select only Nova scotia because i initially selected all Canadian provinces under the provincial nomination preference tab.

Regards
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by leanx: 5:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
Hi NL... My name is tosin...av bn following the.
Express entry updates before it started @ all
but I felt reluctant when it came out officially...
Pls I need your advice.... I just concluded my
national diploma nd I studied Building tech but
I've bn into photography for the past 6 years...
Pls.. Can someone like me apply?... Pls I need a
response asap...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
johnsontade:
Hi guys,
Just got AOR for my NSNP application submitted on the 12th of January and have been asked to provide my Express Entry Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code. Dou you think i should edit my express entry profile and select only Nova scotia because i initially selected all Canadian provinces under the provincial nomination preference tab.

Regards

Please edit your profile before supplying the details. Ensure you get notification that your profile has been updated. It may take sometimes before your profile is updated.

Wish you luck!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:41pm On Mar 04, 2015
tlamp:
Hello damkollins and co,

Application sent: Aug 2014
CC charged - Nov 2014
PER received: Dec 2014.

I got married in January and would like to inform Accra visa office about my new status. Accra website states that 'Permanent residence applicants should wait until you have received your file number (letter B followed by 9 digits) before contacting us, except to change your mailing address, change your e-mail address, change your immigration representative, or withdraw your application'. My challenge is that I am yet to receive a 'file number' although I was assigned a UCI and an application number when I received the PER email in December.

1) Can I use the Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) option on the CIC website and attach my marriage certificate as proof?
2) Or do I update Accra via email or letter quoting my UCI and application number?
3) What other document(s) do I need to attach? details of spouse? etc??

Thanks in advance for your advice.

No need attaching your marriage certificate. There are other forms you would be requested to submit alongside your marriage certificate.
Please send a CSE mentioning the fact that you recently got married and that you'd ;ike to include your spouse in your application.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:45pm On Mar 04, 2015
leanx:
Hi NL... My name is tosin...av bn following the. Express entry updates before it started @ all but I felt reluctant when it came out officially... Pls I need your advice.... I just concluded my national diploma nd I studied Building tech but I've bn into photography for the past 6 years... Pls.. Can someone like me apply?... Pls I need a response asap...

You can apply under skilled trades but you'd need a certificate of qualification. It takes a lot to secure a certificate of qualification.

Please read up for more here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/trades/apply-who.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:49pm On Mar 04, 2015
o2:
Hello Everyone,

The onus is on the applicant to prove beyond doubt that you will return to the country after your studies. However, your intention to apply (and subsequent application) for permanent residence might prove your ultimate intention.

Please send in your TRV application to further your education. Once you get the green light you can then create a profile on EE. Meanwhile, you can continue with gathering all the documents for EE.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by johnsontade: 7:09pm On Mar 04, 2015
solomonwis:

Please edit your profile before supplying the details. Ensure you get notification that your profile has been updated. It may take sometimes before your profile is updated.

Wish you luck!

Thanks solomon. Really Appreciate
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 05, 2015
Any news about NOC 3233?

My app got there on 24th Dec...... Waiting to get charged.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by toksys: 12:41pm On Mar 05, 2015
Good Afternonon solomonwis,damkollins,jesusdway,love you guys and many thanks to all you kind hearted guys in here given information freely without charge.God will reward you. i have question

1. you advice that i get a reference letter before my former company goes down.in the reference letter will it contain the date i left the organization and my duties during the period that i was with them ,just want to know so i can advice them if any information is missing and kindly advice me if there is any additional information to be included in the reference.

thanks for bearing with my silly questions,will appreciate your answers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by skidmarkz: 3:16pm On Mar 05, 2015
dear all, i received the per on 13 feb 2015.
anybody here is still waiting the next stafe after per (around mid of feb)?

thx
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Sevenody: 4:34pm On Mar 05, 2015
Can you apply to two provinces at the same time. Will it affect your application.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lonchi: 6:41pm On Mar 05, 2015
@Damkollins,

My CC was charged few days and I thought to say thank you again for providing guidance regarding stapling or not stapling my FSW forms.

BTW, do you know if CIC tries to verify account balances? To the best of my knowledge, banks do not provide this information to 3rd parties, except of course in limited cases. I also know that Proof of Funds is usually requested by VO at a later date. Planning to invest some of the funds set aside for the entire process (the movement of funds will be verifiable, when VO requests for POF).

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:16pm On Mar 05, 2015
toksys:
Good Afternonon solomonwis,damkollins,jesusdway,love you guys and many thanks to all you kind hearted guys in here given information freely without charge.God will reward you. i have question
1. you advice that i get a reference letter before my former company goes down.in the reference letter will it contain the date i left the organization and my duties during the period that i was with them ,just want to know so i can advice them if any information is missing and kindly advice me if there is any additional information to be included in the reference.
thanks for bearing with my silly questions,will appreciate your answers
The main attributes of the reference letter especially if you are no more there is for it to introduce you as a former staff of the company,your job tittle/designation while there,your period of employment with the company(duration in date),Your job deliverables...functions,Monthly/Annual salary while with them,working hours per week/full time status.The company should also give a brief synopsis of their services.
Let it be on the letter head paper of the company and signed/stamped.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:21pm On Mar 05, 2015
lonchi:
@Damkollins,
My CC was charged few days and I thought to say thank you again for providing guidance regarding stapling or not stapling my FSW forms.
BTW, do you know if CIC tries to verify account balances? To the best of my knowledge, banks do not provide this information to 3rd parties, except of course in limited cases. I also know that Proof of Funds is usually requested by VO at a later date. Planning to invest some of the funds set aside for the entire process (the movement of funds will be verifiable, when VO requests for POF).
Thanks.
Congrats.
The POF is a hotly contested topic so be careful not to be caught unaware.
My advice is that you get the cash readily available to present it whenever its asked.
Even if you invest it,make sure you have verifiable plans to present the documents supporting it whenever you re-coup the cash back into your account as a bulk amount.
The POF update may be asked...and may not be asked depending on if the local visa office is satisfied with the documents presented during submission.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lonchi: 10:13pm On Mar 05, 2015
damkollins:

Congrats.
The POF is a hotly contested topic so be careful not to be caught unaware.
My advice is that you get the cash readily available to present it whenever its asked.
Even if you invest it,make sure you have verifiable plans to present the documents supporting it whenever you re-coup the cash back into your account as a bulk amount.
The POF update may be asked...and may not be asked depending on if the local visa office is satisfied with the documents presented during submission.
Cheers

Many thanks. Much appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.