Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,032 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828848 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by wolex8: 12:54pm On Mar 18, 2015
i need help and advice , i filled the express entry form acurately bt immediately i submitted it tld me profile ineligible is there a system error on submission or is thr a network problem,bcs i am eligible to apply , i am an electrical engineering graduate wt 8yrs experience,2kidsand common law partner,ielts r6.l6.w6.s7.5,i hv my credentl evaluated by wes.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by wordsmithng: 1:18pm On Mar 18, 2015
labiz001:
Hello House
I am updating my IM0008ENU_2D Application form in other to add my new baby. Under my dependant information on the UCI box, do i still qoute my UCI ?
Yes certainly quote your UCI. I did same when I added my child to it. It simply shows that your form isn't a new application because you have already been given a unique identifier number.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:49pm On Mar 18, 2015
verrady:
hi, please does WES accept online submission of transcript? because that is what my school UNICAL is saying. pls help oh

That might not be totally impossible, you just may need to contact wes and find out from them if they wouldn't mind such. Those days of tuition free schools in Sweden, one of the mode of by which they accept your transcript is if they can view it online which makes things faster, and eliminates the need for verification and postage. I feel WES might not be aversed to it but try and find out
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:55pm On Mar 18, 2015
effty:
I am a Marine Engineer and will like to apply for the Canadian Skilled worker scheme but I don't know if it is among the work skills required.

Go ahead and apply(assuming you have your IELTS and ECA), there's no list of occupation they want people for this time around
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 2:24pm On Mar 18, 2015
wolex8:
i need help and advice , i filled the express entry form acurately bt immediately i submitted it tld me profile ineligible is there a system error on submission or is thr a network problem,bcs i am eligible to apply , i am an electrical engineering graduate wt 8yrs experience,2kidsand common law partner,ielts r6.l6.w6.s7.5,i hv my credentl evaluated by wes.

Its pertinent everyone who is applying knows that you are first ranked on a scale of 100 for FSWP. The 100 is divided between six selection factors like English test, age, experience, education, adaptability and arranged employment in Canada. You must get a minimum score of 67/100 before you can qualify at all to enter express entry. Out of the maximum score of 24 you can get for English test, your score is 18, though your result falls in the required CLB 7, its not sufficient in your case. Also, if you are going to be above 35 this year, your points for age will also drop out of the maximum 12 you can get. Finally, if you quoted less than 18,210CDN as your available funds, you wont be eligible. In all, you MUST!!!!!! re-write IELTS and ENSURE!!!!!!!!!!!! you score not less than 7.5 in listening, and not less than 7 in the remaining segments if you are still interested. You can google 'six selection factors - federal skilled workers', study that page and you will be able to calculate your score by yourself
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 18, 2015
JesusDWay:

That might not be totally impossible, you just may need to contact wes and find out from them if they wouldn't mind such. Those days of tuition free schools in Sweden, one of the mode of by which they accept your transcript is if they can view it online which makes things faster, and eliminates the need for verification and postage. I feel WES might not be aversed to it but try and find out
Ok! Thanks, I'll ask them.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:19pm On Mar 18, 2015
JesusDWay:

Its pertinent everyone who is applying knows that you are first ranked on a scale of 100 for FSWP. The 100 is divided between six selection factors like English test, age, experience, education, adaptability and arranged employment in Canada. You must get a minimum score of 67/100 before you can qualify at all to enter express entry. Out of the maximum score of 24 you can get for English test, your score is 18, though your result falls in the required CLB 7, its not sufficient in your case. Also, if you are going to be above 35 this year, your points for age will also drop out of the maximum 12 you can get. Finally, if you quoted less than 18,210CDN as your available funds, you wont be eligible. In all, you MUST!!!!!! re-write IELTS and ENSURE!!!!!!!!!!!! you score not less than 7.5 in listening, and not less than 7 in the remaining segments if you are still interested. You can google 'six selection factors - federal skilled workers', study that page and you will be able to calculate your score by yourself

Is this on Express Entry or the old FSWP? You need to make clear this clarification so you don't keep making the same mistake and spreading this all over.

This appears to be the grid with which FSWP used to be calculated. The EE is completely a different ball game. The calculation is based on CRS. For your information, there's no minimum score (or pass mark which used to be 67/100 under FSWP) under EE. You might want to read this up for details http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 9:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
solomonwis:

Is this on Express Entry or the old FSWP? You need to make clear this clarification so you don't keep making the same mistake and spreading this all over.

This appears to be the grid with which FSWP used to be calculated. The EE is completely a different ball game. The calculation is based on CRS. For your information, there's minimum score (or pass mark which used to be 67/100 under FSWP) under EE. You might want to read this up for details http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

It's not a mistake, the point grid still stands, it's like an initial assessment that filters applicants before they can enter the EE pool and crs score can then be applied to their details. You can check cic website to confirm - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
JesusDWay:

It's not a mistake, the point grid still stands, it's like an initial assessment that filters applicants before they can enter the EE pool and crs score can then be applied to their details. You can check cic website to confirm

Listen buddie, leave the job of the CIC agents for CIC agents.

You might want to refer to the below:

If you meet all the conditions set out in the minimum requirements, we will assess your application based on the selection factors in the federal skilled worker points grid

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

That you score 67/100 is not a guarantee of "initial selection or filter into the pool".

Let me break it down for you to understand.

Age (and this is just one out of many) - It is a completely different ball game calculating age under the old FSWP using the grid and the CRS. I maintain you don't give a false hope.

Using the grid might give an impression you will automatically enter the pool and "be selected" once you get the 67/100 pass mark. This is entirely false based on EE. Using the CRS calculator will give you your real stance under EE.

Once you keep preaching the 67/100 grid, you start limiting people's ability to enter the pool as both are completely different.
There is no pass mark under EE (so preaching 67/100 will give this impression). Allow CIC agents use the grid (if you like) and encourage people to calculate or determine their stance using the CRS calculator here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
That more or less takes them directly to have the true reflection of their stance.

You can score 67/100 (creating an impression that you have a "pass mark"wink yet score as low as 285 which is extremely low under CRS.
Remember, again under EE there's no pass mark. Once you have that at the back of your mind, you stop being a champion and go to sleep. You'd rather find all ways possible to be atop the rank using CRS thereby improving your chance for an ITA.

Again, using the grid does not in any way factor in the points you get if and when you secure a qualifying employment or a provincial/territorial nomination.

Another angle you also have to look at is, the essence is not to have a "pass mark" or to "just be in the pool" but to be selected for a possible ITA. Hence, the point grid is useless when you don't get selected eventually. What guarantees your eventual selection for a possible ITA is your ranking in the CRS. So, why not go all out for CRS instead of looking for "pass mark" which is non-existent (under EE) anyways? It is extremely possible to be very high in rank under CRS and get selected but having 67/100 minimum pass (or even higher than 67/100) mark only guarantees (or so it seems) your being in the pool but does not guarantee your possible selection for ITA.

Lastly, that you are in the pool using the 67/100 grid does not in any way say much about your application. You might be in the pool, maybe at the bottom and remain there for as long as you keep having the "Afterall I have the 67/100 pass mark" at the back of your mind and if you don't get selected after a period of time, you will be automatically out of the pool.

It makes no much sense therefore to keep preaching the 67/100 pass mark grid. Leave it for the CIC agent to work with. In reality, it makes no sense (to prospective applicants) and it create a false impression.

You will succeed in making an impression that once you can scale the 67/100 as it used to be under FSW, you are automatically "qualified" under EE. This is completely false.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by fphumie(f): 3:32am On Mar 19, 2015
Good day team, please I need urgent help, am having a challenge with my job bank registration. I have the job seeker validation code but I don't know where to input this on the website. The only option I saw was social security number.
I guess wat I should use is 9 and my express entry number but wat postal code am I to use cos it is not accepting 234
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 8:03am On Mar 19, 2015
fphumie:
Good day team, please I need urgent help, am having a challenge with my job bank registration. I have the job seeker validation code but I don't know where to input this on the website. The only option I saw was social security number.
I guess wat I should use is 9 and my express entry number but wat postal code am I to use cos it is not accepting 234
go to job bank for express entry it will only ask for the code not SIN
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 19, 2015
sevule:

Yes you should address it to CIC (not sure it really matters but it is best to be on the safe side.) I addressed my FSWP application last year to CIC
Thanks Sevule, do you happen to have the address? Pls furnish me with it if you do. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sftt: 8:57am On Mar 19, 2015
Dear Gurus,

A quick one.

I and hubby filling the EE form and we are almost through.

1. Our Personal keep showing "In progress" even when we have filled all details. is there anything we are not doing right?
2. Are we to upload any documents? Where is that suppose to be done if Yes?

Await your prompt response.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sftt: 9:03am On Mar 19, 2015
still waiting response for the below..solomonwise and others
Dear Gurus,

A quick one.

1. Our Personal keep showing "In progress" even when we have filled all details. is there anything we are not doing right?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:07am On Mar 19, 2015
solomonwis:

Listen buddie, leave the job of the CIC agents for CIC agents.

You might want to refer to the below:

If you meet all the conditions set out in the minimum requirements, we will assess your application based on the selection factors in the federal

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

That you score 67/100 is not a guarantee of "initial selection or filter into the pool".

Let me break it down for you to understand.

[b]Age (and this is just one out of many)
- It is a completely different ball game calculating age under the old FSWP using the grid and the CRS. I maintain you don't give a false hope.

Using the grid might give an impression you will automatically enter the pool and "be selected" once you get the 67/100 pass mark. This is entirely false based on EE. Using the CRS calculator will give you your real stance under EE.

Once you keep preaching the 67/100 grid, you start limiting people's ability to enter the pool as both are completely different.
There is no pass mark under EE (so preaching 67/100 will give this impression). Allow CIC agents use the grid (if you like) and encourage people to calculate or determine their stance using the CRS calculator here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
That more or less takes them directly to have the true reflection of their stance.

You can score 67/100 (creating an impression that you have a "pass mark"wink yet score as low as 285 which is extremely low under CRS.
Remember, again under EE there's no pass mark. Once you have that at the back of your mind, you stop being a champion and go to sleep. You'd rather find all ways possible to be atop the rank using CRS thereby improving your chance for an ITA.

Again, using the grid does not in any way factor in the points you get if and when you secure a qualifying employment or a provincial/territorial nomination.

Another angle you also have to look at is, the essence is not to have a "pass mark" or to "just be in the pool" but to be selected for a possible ITA. Hence, the point grid is useless when you don't get selected eventually. What guarantees your eventual selection for a possible ITA is your ranking in the CRS. So, why not go all out for CRS instead of looking for "pass mark" which is non-existent (under EE) anyways? It is extremely possible to be very high in rank under CRS and get selected but having 67/100 minimum pass (or even higher than 67/100) mark only guarantees (or so it seems) your being in the pool but does not guarantee your possible selection for ITA.

Lastly, that you are in the pool using the 67/100 grid does not in any way say much about your application. You might be in the pool, maybe at the bottom and remain there for as long as you keep having the "Afterall I have the 67/100 pass mark" at the back of your mind and if you don't get selected after a period of time, you will be automatically out of the pool.

It makes no much sense therefore to keep preaching the 67/100 pass mark grid. Leave it for the CIC agent to work with. In reality, it makes no sense (to prospective applicants) and it create a false impression.

You will succeed in making an impression that once you can scale the 67/100 as it used to be under FSW, you are automatically "qualified" under EE. This is completely false.

Lol......Except you are saying those making enquiries here can't think on their own, I don't see how anyone will conclude that eligibility will automatically mean selection(even that is stated on cic website). He asked a question about eligibility, not high crs score and chances of getting ITA, and that is what I addressed. CRS calculations only matter when you have entered the pool, fswp grid points matter if you must enter the pool(which he's yet to enter).

EE is just a new way of facilitating application to the existing Federal programmes, it doesn't take away the requirements for those programmes.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 1:11pm On Mar 19, 2015
Please a friend of mine wants to apply as i advised, please i need the link for self eligibility assessment. thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by fphumie(f): 1:28pm On Mar 19, 2015
tola73:
go to job bank for express entry it will only ask for the code not SIN
I experienced two errors now - the postal code and the telephone number.
For postal code, I put 234 but got error msg that [b][/b]postal code must be on valid format.
Also for my telephone number- I got a message that the telephone number must be a North American number
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 2:34pm On Mar 19, 2015
fphumie:

I experienced two errors now - the postal code and the telephone number.
For postal code, I put 234 but got error msg that [b][/b]postal code must be on valid format.
Also for my telephone number- I got a message that the telephone number must be a North American number
did you use the job bank for EE?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 2:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
meta4:
Please a friend of mine wants to apply as i advised, please i need the link for self eligibility assessment. thanks.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sftt: 2:46pm On Mar 19, 2015
seniors in the house abeg help answer the below.....
sftt:
Dear Gurus,

A quick one.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 3:20pm On Mar 19, 2015
sftt:
seniors in the house abeg help answer the below.....
click on that particular form showing in progress, you will discover their are some information you have not filled
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by fphumie(f): 3:57pm On Mar 19, 2015
tola73:
did you use the job bank for EE?
Kindly help with the necessary direction, the site I visited was www.jobbank.gc.ca and I clicked on job match service to create an account .Can you please help with the link for jobbank for EE cos I av searched google to no avail.
I sent a PM to u, kindly help respond

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sftt: 4:20pm On Mar 19, 2015
Thanks Tola,
would check again
tola73:
click on that particular form showing in progress, you will discover their are some information you have not filled
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zaliya(f): 4:45pm On Mar 19, 2015
Hi house,

I just got a new passport because th old one is full. I have my PER
Please can you advice me on what and how to inform CIC about it.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:41pm On Mar 19, 2015
sftt:
still waiting response for the below..solomonwise and others
Dear Gurus,

A quick one.

Thanks

1. Your personal details should be reading "Transmitted". You should click on "update form"
to submit your details.
2.No documents is to be uploaded at this stage until you get an Invitation to apply (ITA).
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:44pm On Mar 19, 2015
zaliya:
Hi house,

I just got a new passport because th old one is full. I have my PER
Please can you advice me on what and how to inform CIC about it.

Thanks

You should send a CSE via this link https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra with a scanned copy of the passport bio data page. Endeavour to include the reason for having a new passport ("The old one has no empty/vacant space).
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:21pm On Mar 19, 2015
fphumie:

Kindly help with the necessary direction, the site I visited was www.jobbank.gc.ca and I clicked on job match service to create an account .Can you please help with the link for jobbank for EE cos I av searched google to no avail.

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/content_pieces-eng.do?cid=6843

Try that link
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by fphumie(f): 7:53pm On Mar 19, 2015
[quote author=JesusDWay post=31790629]

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/content_pieces-eng.do?cid=6843
Try that link[/quote
JesusDway... Tnx, I jus did but it still directed me to same site, I guess I am on d right site maybe I am not just clicking on the right button cos once I click on job match service, it takes me on a site where I had to create an account with my email, confirmation was sent to my email and I still got stuck at stage 3 , where I was asked to supply my postal code and telephone number. Please can I send a PM to u I need help, I need to urgently register with job bank , I have limited days to go
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:13pm On Mar 19, 2015
fphumie:

Click on create an account on this link, follow the instructions through https://seeker.jobbank.gc.ca/seeker/dashboard

1.Fill in your details on the first page and click continue

2.Confirm your registration via a link inclusive of a confirmation code sent to your email address

3. It take you to the validation stage, Click on I have a Canadian Express Entry key or a temporary Canadian Social Insurance Number (starts with the number 9). I do not have a permanent Canadian Social Insurance Number.

4. It takes you to the stage where your Express Entry details are requested {Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code). Input these details and agree to the terms and conditions.

5.Create a security question

6. Enjoy!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 9:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
[quote author=fphumie post=31793462][/quote]

You can send me a pm, but try solomonwis' recommendation first
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 10:57pm On Mar 19, 2015
Pls advice
1, what if the company I worked for has folded up how do I get ref letter?
2, in my case tho the company still have 2 HR staff carrying out the wanding down process doing skeletal work but my fear is if I get a ref letter the company might fold up completely soon and just in case CIC want to get in touch the company maybe unavailable
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lekman1984: 1:56am On Mar 20, 2015
hello guys pls I need clarifications and suggestions, I have submitted since 2012,for federal skilled worker, in Feb 2014 carried out medicals, and made Pay right for permanent residence permit for my family of 4. after a year we are yet to get reply, when I send mils all I get is the automatic mail response of if within process time , u wld not be communicated. kindly advice

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.