Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827758 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by otunbateekay(m): 10:10pm On Mar 26, 2015
Mine is on the 21st of april.*sigh*
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 10:22pm On Mar 26, 2015
otunbateekay:
Lol. So ul gist me how e be. Do u have your POF?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by otunbateekay(m): 10:35pm On Mar 26, 2015
*lol*...no p. I have my POF. I just want peeps who have been there and back to tell us if they have received mails regarding their medicals. If yes, what's the time frame!.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by deoyel25(m): 12:59am On Mar 27, 2015
deoyel25:
Hello all,
I just started following this thread again yesterday. Even though I have done my WES and IELTS since last year, I decided to wait for the EE instead of FSWP. I just created my EE profile yesterday and I started swimming in the pool few minutes afterwards. I have been encouraged by all the contributors to this thread and I also want to render the little help I can. I have a very good IELTS material (which I used myself). Its The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS Student's Book with Answers. All the audios for the listening tests and 17 sample videos from live speaking tests are included. You can PM me if you need the materials and I will send you the download link (1GB approximately). Its now your duty to find a way of downloading it. Cheers and goodluck to all.

Hello All,
In reference to my quoted post above, I got a lot of PMs and emails from the members of this forum and I sent the download link to the study materials as promised. Unfortunately, Dropbox blocked the link due to very high traffic from the downloads. I kept getting more PMs and emails even though I posted that the link doesn't work anymore. However I told you all in my replies that I am currently working on another solution to make the materials publicly available to all the people that need it. I have found a temporary solution but the problem is that the files will only be accessible for 10 days. Within 10 days, I hope many people would have already downloaded the materials and can share them with others that need them later. You can as well PM or email me after the expiry of the links in 10 days time. The files are now publicly available in the links below. Hope this helps. All the best to everybody. One love smiley

Official-IELTS-Cambridge.pdf

http://mbf.me/tvgKc2

Audio Files

http://mbf.me/V2uIG8

Video Files

http://mbf.me/3AeCVJ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 6:37am On Mar 27, 2015
otunbateekay:
Hi otunbateekay, when did you submit your app, receive your PER,....
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by wordsmithng: 7:20am On Mar 27, 2015
otunbateekay:
@wordsmithng...tnks so much for your response...I was surprised when I got the mail for the interview. If I may ask, have you been there for the interview before? If yes, where you sent a mail for the medicals after the interview. Tnks for your response!

Don't worry like someone here said just make sure you remember all the details you put down on your forms and maintain eye contact with the interviewer. It's more of an informal meeting than an inquisition. To be honest I think most times they just want to meet the applicant in person to OK it. At the end he told me the visa would be given to me pending medicals. So I am waiting on them to send the medical forms through. Good luck!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by otunbateekay(m): 7:22am On Mar 27, 2015
Good morning meritl, I submited app february 2012, received my PER march 2012.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by otunbateekay(m): 7:30am On Mar 27, 2015
@wordsmithng..good morning. Glad to hear that! And thanks so much for your response. Do have a wonderful day.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shopaker: 9:04am On Mar 27, 2015
shopaker:
Hello house/Mr Solomon,

Please I don't know how to apply for jobs in my job profile, I do see the jobs but no where to click on apply.
1, How can I do this?

Please I need your help and guidance because I summited my application last year Sept and it has been returned to the agent I used.
I want to process the EE with your help.

2 i still have my POF intact can I use it for something
else?

3,Have anyone been selected in this EE process?

Thanks

Please House still waiting for your response . Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 9:12am On Mar 27, 2015
wordsmithng:

Don't worry like someone here said just make sure you remember all the details you put down on your forms and maintain eye contact with the interviewer. It's more of an informal meeting than an inquisition. To be honest I think most times they just want to meet the applicant in person to OK it. At the end he told me the visa would be given to me pending medicals. So I am waiting on them to send the medical forms through. Good luck!
Thanks dearie for the response. How long was the interview? Were there many applicants?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:59am On Mar 27, 2015
otunbateekay:

Wow, that's some time.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lumzy1(m): 12:02pm On Mar 27, 2015
lumzy1:
Hello Everyone,
I want to know the implication of applying to both the express entry program and applying for masters degree program at the same time, because this is what I am planning to do incase either of them doesn't workout. Thanks

Please im still waiting for response to my question. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by brightooooo: 1:24pm On Mar 27, 2015
please I want to know if police certificate is the same as police clearance and also if this police certificate has expiry date, if yes how long does it stay before it expires.

please how much does it cost to do this police certificate and also how much does medical report cost here in Nigeria.

Is it CIC that will recommend the hospital for the medical report.

JesusDWay:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp

a) Police certificates

You will need to get police certificates for you and each of your family members who are over 18(the family part is for those who are married or have a common law partner). You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more consecutive months since the age of 18.

In some countries, it can take a long time to get police certificates. If you did not start the process to get them before you were invited to apply, you should do this right away, so you can submit them before the 60 days are up

b) Since you are not married, then you are a single applicant. You cannot include your parents or siblings, family under CIC means wife and children and as such, the prrof of funds you need is only for you as a single applicant

c) You need six years of related work experience to get the maximum score for points allocated to work experience. The requirement is just one year work experience but for the sake of getting a high score and boost your chances of being selected, you should muster all relevant work experience that you have, which may mean getting the company you worked with in the UK to give you a reference letter that you worked with them for whatever the period is, your position and job duties, the no of hours you work in a week and the annual salary. The reference letter should be on company letterhead with email address, phone number, fax, etc and it should be signed by your supervisor. If you however cant get the letter, you will have to write to them to explain why. Regarding your self-employed details, "you must provide certificate of incorporation of your business or evidence of business ownership, letter of reference from clients, documentation from 3rd party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details, also evidence of self-employed income. Self declared main duties or affidavits are not sufficient evidence of work experience". The quoted is taken from a sample of the document checklist of required documents to be submitted after one might have been invited to apply for permanent residency but i think you ca take a cue from that.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Phemmie72: 2:26pm On Mar 27, 2015
Please, I need some clarifications from you. I have 1st and 2nd degrees, are my to evaluate both degrees with WES or only my 2nd degree? In addition, I have been into my personal business (marketing of petroleum products) for over 5 years now, I have a registered company with all relevant evidences, are my qualified to apply for EE? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by brightooooo: 4:37pm On Mar 27, 2015
pls send the two certificate, as WES send all the certificates you send at first time will be charge same amount, so even if you send one is also the same amount as when you send three and more, and it will give you more point in ur eduction. Good Luck
Phemmie72:
Please, I need some clarifications from you. I have 1st and 2nd degrees, are my to evaluate both degrees with WES or only my 2nd degree? In addition, I have been into my personal business (marketing of petroleum products) for over 5 years now, I have a registered company with all relevant evidences, are my qualified to apply for EE? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:49pm On Mar 27, 2015
Phemmie72:

You are qualified. You however need to write IELTS General and please, ensure you score the highest you can as it helps with the number of points you get. You can evaluate the two qualifications, as I've seen recently how some people said their masters wasn't evaluated to be equivalent of canadian masters, just like pgd
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:57pm On Mar 27, 2015
lumzy1:

Please im still waiting for response to my question. Thanks

The implication is that you should be prepared to pay so much money for school fees if you wanna go via school. Also, from what I've been seeing recently, seem getting a PR is easier via migration programmed like EE than wanting to use school to stay back there, the kind of visa you get after school is post graduate work permit which won't afford you access to what a permanent resident will enjoy. It also usually have expiry date and like a friend of mine, he had to register and paid like 6kdollars for another programme so he can keep extending the visa. Infact, seem it's harder for those who are already there to convert even via express entry, than those applying from outside Canada. If your goal of entering Canada is to later settle there, I may suggest you follow EE through and through cuz, even if you want to school there as a permanent resident, you pay same school fees as an home student however, I won't also discourage you from trying school but be ready to pay. Finally, there's not gonna be any clash or suspicion from the Canadian authorities, they are two separate stuffs and you won't penalized for anything I believe. For school, you apply through Canadian embassy in Nigeria but for migration, it goes to Ghana
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by brightooooo: 5:41pm On Mar 27, 2015
pls don't be upset by my numerous questions, this responses you said here reminded me to ask you this, pls i want to know the type visa i will apply for this! i also want to go through Nursing body apart from EE, there's only one exam that i have to take which is NCLEX if i pass it i will be licensed to practice, so my Question now is which type of visa should i apply for, through Ghana or Nigeria pls? Thanks
JesusDWay:

The implication is that you should be prepared to pay so much money for school fees if you wanna go via school. Also, from what I've been seeing recently, seem getting a PR is easier via migration programmed like EE than wanting to use school to stay back there, the kind of visa you get after school is post graduate work permit which won't afford you access to what a permanent resident will enjoy. It also usually have expiry date and like a friend of mine, he had to register and paid like 6kdollars for another programme so he can keep extending the visa. Infact, seem it's harder for those who are already there to convert even via express entry, than those applying from outside Canada. If your goal of entering Canada is to later settle there, I may suggest you follow EE through and through cuz, even if you want to school there as a permanent resident, you pay same school fees as an home student however, I won't also discourage you from trying school but be ready to pay. Finally, there's not gonna be any clash or suspicion from the Canadian authorities, they are two separate stuffs and you won't penalized for anything I believe. For school, you apply through Canadian embassy in Nigeria but for migration, it goes to Ghana
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DoubleBam2X: 10:00pm On Mar 27, 2015
Hi everyone,
To say the least, this forum has been extremely resourseful.
I got an MR mail from AVO this afternoon with attached forms for me, spouse and kid - I'm FSW 2014 applicant.
Kindly advice on which of the approved medical centre is better in Lagos especially in terms of cost.
Other relevant advice and suggestions too will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Thrombos(f): 10:34pm On Mar 27, 2015
[quote author=deoyel25 post=31984011]Hello all,
I just started following this thread again yesterday. Even though I have done my WES and IELTS since last year, I decided to wait for the EE instead of FSWP. I just created my EE profile yesterday and I started swimming in the pool few minutes afterwards. I have been encouraged by all the contributors to this thread and I also want to render the little help I can. I have a very good IELTS material (which I used myself). Its The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS Student's Book with Answers. All the audios for the listening tests and 17 sample videos from live speaking tests are included. You can PM me if you need the materials and I will send you the download link (1GB approximately). Its now your duty to find a way of downloading it. Cheers and goodluck to all

Please send the link to exprezed@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:53pm On Mar 27, 2015
brightooooo:
pls don't be upset by my numerous questions, this responses you said here reminded me to ask you this, pls i want to know the type visa i will apply for this! i also want to go through Nursing body apart from EE, there's only one exam that i have to take which is NCLEX if i pass it i will be licensed to practice, so my Question now is which type of visa should i apply for, through Ghana or Nigeria pls? Thanks

I don't understand what you mean by going through Nursing body and what type of visa? If you want to further your studies, you get admission into a school there and then apply for study permit through their embassy here in Nigeria
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 11:31pm On Mar 27, 2015
DoubleBam2X:
Hi everyone,
I got an MR mail from AVO this afternoon with attached forms for me, spouse and kid - I'm FSW 2014 applicant.
Kindly advice on which of the approved medical centre is better in Lagos especially in terms of cost.

Congratulations. What is your timeline like please?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Phemmie72: 11:40pm On Mar 27, 2015
Thanks a lot for your advice
JesusDWay:

You are qualified. You however need to write IELTS General and please, ensure you score the highest you can as it helps with the number of points you get. You can evaluate the two qualifications, as I've seen recently how some people said their masters wasn't evaluated to be equivalent of canadian masters, just like pgd
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Thrombos(f): 1:40am On Mar 28, 2015
@ deoye125
Thanks for those links .Please I just log in on those links but the are no longer available . Please can you be magnanimous to send links whenever they are available . Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jojcanada(f): 2:51am On Mar 28, 2015
6th draw over - 453 points - 1637 invites

« on: March 27, 2015, 08:06:53 pm »
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #6 – March 27, 2015

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (March 27, 2015).

Ottawa, March 27, 2015

Chris Alexander
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence Under the Express Entry System (March 27, 2015)
Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on March 27, 2015 and ending on March 28, 2015 is 1,637.
Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on March 27, 2015 at 23:59:47 UTC, have been assigned a total of 453 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

See previous instructions respecting invitations
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 3:18am On Mar 28, 2015
technolee:
Congratulations. What is your timeline like please?

Congrats DoubleBam2X.
Please kindly share your timeline with us.

1. Date of Submission.
2. Date you received PER.
3. Of course, MR.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:15am On Mar 28, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Thanks dearie for the response. How long was the interview? Were there many applicants?

LadyGuinivere:
LadyGuinivere post=32033635:
Hello good people.
I earlier on asked a question about how to go about my FSW 2013 application. Today I got a mail asking me to appear for an interview o. Please has anybody gone? And what were u asked?
Nagode!
LadyGuinivere:

Thanks Tola dearie. I haven't followed thr thread in a while. Pls has there been anything on job change or salary increase cos I experienced both since 2013.
wordsmithng:

Hi there. They will simply be asking you about your job (what you do on a daily basis), they might search through your current account to see that your pay comes in regularly , they will ask you what you intend to do in Canada and how you will quickly settle, and also in the event you are denied what your future plans are. That's it in a nutshell.
otunbateekay:
@wordsmithng...tnks so much for your response...I was surprised when I got the mail for the interview. If I may ask, have you been there for the interview before? If yes, where you sent a mail for the medicals after the interview. Tnks for your response!
LadyGuinivere:

I'm very much interested in his answer. My interview is 23rd april. When is yours?
otunbateekay:
Lol. So ul gist me how e be. Do u have your POF?
otunbateekay:
*lol*...no p. I have my POF. I just want peeps who have been there and back to tell us if they have received mails regarding their medicals. If yes, what's the time frame!.
Meritl:

Hi otunbateekay, when did you submit your app, receive your PER,....
wordsmithng:

otunbateekay:
otunbateekay:
@wordsmithng..good morning. Glad to hear that! And thanks so much for your response. Do have a wonderful day.
[b]I see that some of us have been invited for interviews with AVO...seems the week of 20th to 24th April is laden with interviews for most of our colleagues.For most of us who may have premonition about this and ordered gcms notes,you will know the actually place to tackle.
If you have not order gcms notes,the odds fall on you to decipher what could be wrong in your application with reference to your work experience and relative documents...marriage certificates(declared profession in it) and the authenticity of your company's address.
Its been found out in some applicants that their presumed companies where they work doesn't really exist...so they need more evidence which is why they are called for interviews.
Your marriage certificates may also carry a profession which is not accounted for in your submitted documents...AVO may flag this too.They may want to compare your salary with name of company paying it into your account.
We just need to scrutinize our documents to see the grey areas....if possible,send to a thried neutral party to help you constructively cricize your submitted documents for errors.
Please go through links below to get an idea of how you can prepare.....
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/interview/applicant/conduct.asp
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/interview-call-from-lvo-in-abu-dhabi-t180658.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/interview-call-from-lvo-in-abu-dhabi-t180658.1890.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/interview-call-from-lvo-in-abu-dhabi-t180658.1905.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/interview-call-from-lvo-in-abu-dhabi-t180658.1920.html
I really wish all of you the best.
Remember,its an interrogation of your credibility...take it as if you need to explains some things that were not clear enough to the officers.
The fact that you are invited means they are giving you chance to present yourself under their searchlight....so make best use of it as its a privilege.
Cheers.[/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:20am On Mar 28, 2015
DoubleBam2X:
Hi everyone,
Congrats...
Seems a third approved hospital is in Ikeja now,I've not heard of anybody use it but I want to assume its good for the mere fact that CIC approved it.
I'm confident that Qlife in VI and The children practice in Ikoyi are both fine.The one in VI will charge between 20k and 24k for children depending on their age while adults are charged 28k.The children's practice charges 28K flat for all age group but you can walk to them and do it anytime while you may have to book for appointment with Qlife.
wish you the best.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:31am On Mar 28, 2015
solarmanng:

Thanks damkollins for the advice, I really appreciate your support. I was about raising the CSE to Accra when I got to the point where I am suppose to select the type of application in which the options are:

*Permanent residence in Canada
*Student
*Visitor
*Worker

Given the fact that my application is for "Permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker class"; will I be selecting *Permanent residence in Canada option or *Worker option ?
Your application is permanent resident....not worker.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:38am On Mar 28, 2015
Phemmie72:
@ damkollins, please, I need some clarifications from you. I have 1st and 2nd degrees, are my to evaluate both degrees with WES or only my 2nd degree? In addition, I have been into my personal business (marketing of petroleum products) for over 5 years now, I have a registered company with all relevant evidences, are my qualified to apply for EE? Thanks.
It depends...you can do both if you have time on your side.If you do not have time,The highest will be fine since it has been proven that Msc in Nigeria will generally equate to to Canadian Msc(I;m assuming its in Nigeria that you had it....its your call.
EE is not dependent on your profession so I guess you are fine since you have documents to cover your current profession.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 6:53am On Mar 28, 2015
6th draw is out .. 1637 ITAs and cut off score 453
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 8:01am On Mar 28, 2015
I aask again.
I applied with the FSW 2013 stream and also got the invite for the interview on the 23rd of April. I changed jobs after the aPplication. I applied 2013 and change jobs 2014. But did not notify CIC. What is the implication please? I had the requisite nos of years then

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.