Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829087 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shopaker: 3:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
solomonwis:

The EE is not difficult. You should do more on focusing your attention on improving your CRS than applying for jobs.

You can continue applying for jobs as you might get lucky but your attention should shift to improving your total score point for possible ITA.

Thanks Oga Solomon,
I don't know what is CRS not to talk of improving it.
ITA I don't know cry

Please help me out.

Thanks

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:41pm On Mar 29, 2015
shopaker:

Thanks Oga Solomon,
ITA I don't know cry

Please help me out.

Thanks

Thanks
Sorry I've been missing your question but seems solomonwis has shared more light on this for you...
Please see the links below for more clarifications on CRS/ITA and possible how to improve it...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-tool.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by skidmarkz: 4:17pm On Mar 29, 2015
Thx a lot mate!

DoubleBam2X:

I sent full statement of account showing all debits, credits and end balance for a period of 6 months alongside bank refenrence letter.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shopaker: 5:42pm On Mar 29, 2015
damkollins:

Sorry I've been missing your question but seems solomonwis has shared more light on this for you...
Please see the links below for more clarifications on CRS/ITA and possible how to improve it...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-tool.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp
Cheers.

Thanks Oga Dams.I appreciate
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:16pm On Mar 29, 2015
shopaker:

Thanks Oga Solomon,
ITA I don't know cry

Please help me out.

Thanks

Thanks

CRS - Comprehensive Ranking System which details your rank in the pool (score point) pointing to the possibility of your being selected.

ITA - Invitation to Apply - This is an invite sent to you should your application be selected when your CRS is exactly or above the CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by brightooooo: 9:22pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hello Mr Solo, should I believe you don't have an answer to my questions? okay, pls if someone is going to Canada to stay and work what type of visa will she apply for and where will it be Abuja or Accra? thanks
solomonwis:

CRS - Comprehensive Ranking System which details your rank in the pool (score point) pointing to the possibility of your being selected.

ITA - Invitation to Apply - This is an invite sent to you should your application be selected when your CRS is exactly or above the CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:41pm On Mar 29, 2015
brightooooo:
Hello Mr Solo, should I believe you don't have an answer to my questions? okay, pls if someone is going to Canada to stay and work what type of visa will she apply for and where will it be Abuja or Accra? thanks

@brightooooo, you need to learn how to articulate your thought. I have helped you understand the direction you should be asking questions. I have even asked for the source of the "visa type/class". I can not answer questions I know nothing about.

You seem to have your mind set at something which I do not understand.

So for the umpteenth time,I am going to ask again:

1.What exactly do you want?

2. Do you have a particular class of visa you intend applying for?

3. What steps have you taken to actualize your intention to "go to Canada"?

4. What is your chosen occupation?

5. What educational qualifications do you have?

6.Do you know about IELTS,if so,have you written the test?

7. Do you know anything about educational credentials assessment (ECA)?

8. Do you know about Express Entry?

9. Have you approached any province/territory in Canada or possibility of sponsorship?

10. Have you approached any professional body in your chosen profession about the possibility of gaining practising licence?

11.How old are you or better still,what is your age range?

12. How much do you know about "going to Canada to stay and work"?

Your responses to the above will help anyone respond appropriately to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bcolah(f): 9:52pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hello Solomonwise and Damkollins
Asides getting a job in Canada and provincial nominee, how else can one increase CRS score. My hubby would be sitting for IELTS soon. What else can be done? Getting a job or provincial nominations doesn't seem so easy. I see most PNP are linked to having a job offer too with some stringent conditions.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2015
Bcolah:
Hello Solomonwise and Damkollins
Asides getting a job in Canada and provincial nominee, how else can one increase CRS score. My hubby would be sitting for IELTS soon. What else can be done? Getting a job or provincial nominations doesn't seem so easy. I see most PNP are linked to having a job offer too with some stringent conditions.

1. You can improve your CRS with an excellent IELTS result - For instance,having 8.0 in each language abilities.

2. Including the ECA result and language test result of the accompanying spouse can also improve the CRS.

3.Securing nomination from provinces/territories on EE. It is not all provinces/territories that insist on you having a job offer. Some province select directly from the EE pool once you select the province/territory as your place of intended destination

4. In the long run,you can get a higher educational qualification as the higher your educational qualification,the higher your chance of securing a higher CRS.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bcolah(f): 10:30pm On Mar 29, 2015
Thanks for d quick response Solomonwise. Would do the ECA 4 my hubby and he would also be doing ielts by May. Below is my ielts result. Do u still suggest I re-write?

Listening - 8.5
Reading -8.0
Writing- 7.0
Speaking - 7.5
Overall -8.0

I would like to know which provinces are favourable for Banking professionals.
Also, would Certificate courses count? E.G Project Management n co?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by incaslims(f): 10:33pm On Mar 29, 2015
Hello Solomonwis, please I intend to participate in the EE but I need to reaffirm some things; is it a must to know someone in Canada before theres a possibility of being chosen at the long run or is there provision that the government has already made for immigrants irrespective of the province you choose to live. I intend writing my ielts soon, I have a masters in animal science with a phd grade, and with the little findings I've done, I heard all the provinces practice agriculture. Do you have a different school of thought on that please? Thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:38pm On Mar 29, 2015
Bcolah:
Thanks for d quick response Solomonwise. Would do the ECA 4 my hubby and he would also be doing ielts by May. Below is my ielts result. Do u still suggest I re-write?

Listening - 8.5
Reading -8.0
Writing- 7.0
Speaking - 7.5
Overall -8.0

That's a near excellent result you have there! You don't have any need to re-write the test,this is just enough.

I would have advised you come to Ontario but for the fact that the province may limit your ability to be nominated by other provinces/territories who would be in a better position to nominate you.

Certification matters but what matters most is a Canadian experience which most Canadian employers value the most.That is not to say professional certifications are not recognized especially when they can be easily converted to your province of destination equivalency.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:50pm On Mar 29, 2015
incaslims:
Hello Solomonwis, please I intend to participate in the EE but I need to reaffirm some things; is it a must to know someone in Canada before theres a possibility of being chosen at the long run or is there provision that the government has already made for immigrants irrespective of the province you choose to live. I intend writing my ielts soon, I have a masters in animal science with a phd grade, and with the little findings I've done, I heard all the provinces practice agriculture. Do you have a different school of thought on that please? Thank you

It is not a must to know someone under EE. It used to be advantageous as you earn extra 5 points under the old FSWP.

I do not under the part where you wrote "...is there provision that the government has already made for immigrants irrespective of the province you choose to live.."

With Agriculture,you stand a good chance and have a high rate of success.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by incaslims(f): 10:54pm On Mar 29, 2015
solomonwis:

It is not a must to know someone under EE. It used to be advantageous as you earn extra 5 points under the old FSWP.

I do not under the part where you wrote "...is there provision that the government has already made for immigrants irrespective of the province you choose to live.."

With Agriculture,you stand a good chance and have a high rate of success.

Thanks, what I meant was in respect to accomodation, do prospective immigrants who do not have any connections to anyone have access to ready-made accommodation or do they have to book hotels against their arrival ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:04pm On Mar 29, 2015
incaslims:

Thanks, what I meant was in respect to accomodation, do prospective immigrants who do not have any connections to anyone have access to ready-made accommodation or do they have to book hotels against their arrival ?

I doubt if there's any government in any part of the world that would make available accommodation or book hotel or provide immediate access to welfare. I must say Canada is magnanimous to even let immigrants gain access to some facilities in some of the provinces once they land.

This is the more reason you have as part of the requirements for the issuance of a PRV, the need for the applicant to show he/she has sufficient fund to take care of him/herself and his family.

You can always have access to accommodation,either temporary or permanent so long as you have the required fund by making arrangement prior to your departure from your country.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by brightooooo: 11:07pm On Mar 29, 2015
my dear i have said a whole lot about my Nursing profession in here, i said i am a Registered Licensed Nurse and also a midwife, have also BNSC in Nursing here in Nigeria, i have also said that, the way WES is evaluating some peoples results and transcripts as CIC demanded for the EE program, NNAS is the one that is in charged of Nursing ECA, my dear i know where am coming from and i know where am going okay, you have not helped me in any way, do you really read well of what people wrote at all? before this EE came out this year Nurses have been traveling and settling in Canada, but what made me to ask this Question is how everyone in here is saying their visa office is in Ghana while Canada has an Embassy here in Nigeria, i wanted to know where one could apply for working visa, but i know ur lost about Nursing Profession and their body, so sorry for taking you too far of your level. i can see your Prof in this express entry only, but don't worry anymore Mr. thanks and God Bless
solomonwis:

@brightooooo, you need to learn how to articulate your thought. I have helped you understand the direction you should be asking questions. I have even asked for the source of the "visa type/class". I can not answer questions I know nothing about.

You seem to have your mind set at something which I do not understand.

So for the umpteenth time,I am going to ask again:

1.What exactly do you want?

2. Do you have a particular class of visa you intend applying for?

3. What steps have you taken to actualize your intention to "go to Canada"?

4. What is your chosen occupation?

5. What educational qualifications do you have?

6.Do you know about IELTS,if so,have you written the test?

7. Do you know anything about educational credentials assessment (ECA)?

8. Do you know about Express Entry?

9. Have you approached any province/territory in Canada or possibility of sponsorship?

10. Have you approached any professional body in your chosen profession about the possibility of gaining practising licence?

11.How old are you or better still,what is your age range?

12. How much do you know about "going to Canada to stay and work"?

Your responses to the above will help anyone respond appropriately to you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by incaslims(f): 11:10pm On Mar 29, 2015
solomonwis:

I doubt if there's any government in any part of the world that would make available accommodation or book hotel or provide immediate access to welfare. I must say Canada is magnanimous to even let immigrants gain access to some facilities in some of the provinces once they land.

This is the more reason you have as part of the requirements for the issuance of a PRV, the need for the applicant to show he/she has sufficient fund to take care of him/herself and his family.

You can always have access to accommodation,either temporary or permanent so long as you have the required fund by making arrangement prior to your departure from your country.
Thanks, that is quite understood and please is there any province you can suggest that would be beneficial to my field of study (animal science) ,I have 6yrs working experience
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:10pm On Mar 29, 2015
brightooooo:
my dear i have said a whole lot about my Nursing profession in here, i said i am a Registered Licensed Nurse and also a midwife, have also BNSC in Nursing here in Nigeria, i have also said that, the way WES is evaluating some peoples results and transcripts as CIC demanded for the EE program, NNAS is the one that is in charged of Nursing ECA, my dear i know where am coming from and i know where am going okay, you have not helped me in any way, do you really read well of what people wrote at all? before this EE came out this year Nurses have been traveling and settling in Canada, but what made me to ask this Question is how everyone in here is saying their visa office is in Ghana while Canada has an Embassy here in Nigeria, i wanted to know where one could apply for working visa, but i know ur lost about Nursing Profession and their body, so sorry for taking you too far of your level. i can see your Prof in this express entry only, but don't worry anymore Mr. thanks and God Bless

I am glad you know where you are coming from and where you are going.You shouldn't have bothered asking when you have the answer.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:18pm On Mar 29, 2015
incaslims:

Thanks, that is quite understood and please is there any province you can suggest that would be beneficial to my field of study (animal science) ,I have 6yrs working experience

British Columbia,Saskatchewan,Nova Scotia,Newfoundland,even Ontario all have a high degree of success for professionals in the Agricultural industry but for the purpose of the possibility of being sponsored for immigration,I would advise you consider the first 3 provinces listed above in that order.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by brightooooo: 11:19pm On Mar 29, 2015
funny you, you refused to tell me my own visa office abi? enjoy yourself Sir.
solomonwis:

I am glad you know where you are coming from and where you are going.You shouldn't have bothered asking when you have the answer.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by brightooooo: 11:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
i don't pray for you to be ill at all, but don't be surprise i may be the one to treat you or take care of you in a hospital where i will work soon sud you be sick hehehehehehehe, don't mind me anyway oooooooooo.
solomonwis:

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pinchocreamy: 11:34pm On Mar 29, 2015
Seriously?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by brightooooo: 11:40pm On Mar 29, 2015
seriously serious
pinchocreamy:
Seriously?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pinchocreamy: 11:47pm On Mar 29, 2015
Very nice!

Bcolah:

Listening - 8.5
Reading -8.0
Writing- 7.0
Speaking - 7.5
Overall -8.0

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dober(m): 8:14am On Mar 30, 2015
brightooooo:
Please we should all try to be civil in our dealings here. Solomonwis, and the rest of them here aren't CIC official. There are only rendering free services to us as one family. And no one should go out of the line to make these gentle men feel as if they do not know what they are doing. I know how much some immigration consultants charge for the services these guys are giving us here for free.
Please Mr Bright. Be polite! And do have a nice day.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Blackbuddy: 8:17am On Mar 30, 2015
@damkollins, hi chief. Just a heads up, we'll be seeing sooner than earlier planned. Still work on that stuff o, lol. You are the Moses of the times and must lead all to the promised land. wink
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by brightooooo: 8:54am On Mar 30, 2015
good morning my dear, i think you are doing more harm than good, you should have let go of this after reading my later words to him, really if you are a peacemaker or mature enough you should not have come up with this, my dear if anyone is your God in here nor is mine okay, pls no probs no more, am Mrs not Mr. thanks and do have a delightful week too.
dober:

Please we should all try to be civil in our dealings here. Solomonwis, and the rest of them here aren't CIC official. There are only rendering free services to us as one family. And no one should go out of the line to make these gentle men feel as if they do not know what they are doing. I know how much some immigration consultants charge for the services these guys are giving us here for free.
Please Mr Bright. Be polite! And do have a nice day.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by oknee: 9:35am On Mar 30, 2015
S
brightooooo:

Smh.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 30, 2015
incaslims:

Come over to Australia! My fellow animal scientist...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by smartmum: 12:23pm On Mar 30, 2015
Pls Oga solo. For fsw my account was debited since Feb 14. I have not heard from them. Do I still exercise patient
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shopaker: 1:56pm On Mar 30, 2015
solomonwis:

Thanks for your quick response sir.

Am I already in the pool as I have created my profile?
What province can improve my chance ?am an accountant
What is the minimum score point for me to be selected?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Blackbuddy: 3:44pm On Mar 30, 2015
smartmum:
Pls Oga solo. For fsw my account was debited since Feb 14. I have not heard from them. Do I still exercise patient

Hi, permit me to say that you should have received PER by now. If you have not, you can request for a status update using a Case Specific Enquiry at this link, https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

All the best smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.