Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828974 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sperony(m): 6:09am On May 16, 2013
Please house, for how long should the proof of fund be in account ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 7:02am On May 16, 2013
solomongrandy:

Good to hear someone have submitted already. I will like to know if it was debit card or bank draft you paid with and if its card, have they deducted their application fee already?
i raised a money order from u.k.
however u use a debit/credit card and leave d amt dere cos nobody knows when ur own application will b processed.
make sure u write d pan no correctly . no time for error o! lol
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 12:00pm On May 16, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
however u use a debit/credit card and leave d amt dere cos nobody knows when ur own application will b processed.

Thanks I have sent in my application using a card.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dridowu: 12:38pm On May 16, 2013
solomonwis:

To gain the maximum 10 points under adaptability, your wife must write the English test,you and/or your wife must have studied in canada and you and/or your wife must have a relative in canada.

The proof of settlement funds must be submitted during your initial application. You will be asked to provide an up to date proof 2 or 3 times during the processing of your application before your application is positively considered and concluded.
Good Aftanun, bro , wel done 4 ur nce job. I hv read frm page 1 till present and d canada official ste but sincerly i dnt undastand how it woks at all, anyway i wil stil read it again til i undastand.
1mor tin, is d courses release monthly, do u have ideal wen veterinary medicine (3yrs exp) wil benefit frm d prog. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 2:00pm On May 16, 2013
LadyGuinivere:

Ok when did you submit and do you know if the money have been deducted?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 2:01pm On May 16, 2013
solomongrandy:

Thanks I have sent in my application using a card.

I doubt dt. When did u send it in?
What occupation?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 2:07pm On May 16, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
I doubt dt. When did u send it in?
What occupation?

Yesterday. Engineering Managers
when did you send yours in?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 2:14pm On May 16, 2013
dridowu: Good Aftanun, bro , wel done 4 ur nce job. I hv read frm page 1 till present and d canada official ste but sincerly i dnt undastand how it woks at all, anyway i wil stil read it again til i undastand.
1mor tin, is d courses release monthly, do u have ideal wen veterinary medicine (3yrs exp) wil benefit frm d prog. Thanks
Ma dear no be month by month sometn o! D list na for one year. By next year , dem go decide what n what dey want again
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 2:17pm On May 16, 2013
dridowu: Good Aftanun, bro , wel done 4 ur nce job. I hv read frm page 1 till present and d canada official ste but sincerly i dnt undastand how it woks at all, anyway i wil stil read it again til i undastand.

Just as you rightly mentioned,you can avail yourself of the information available here to prepare for application.

The Federal Skilled Worker program(FSWP) is a program meant to identify professionals,skilled workers all over the world who will be encouraged to move over to Canada after passing through some phases to ensure they have what it takes to benefit the economy of Canada and who will in turn get benefit based on the need of the skills they possess.

"Courses" are not "released" monthly...There are eligible occupations which have been listed here. Those occupations are eligible for the period between May 2013 to April 2014. If there's going to be any change,you will be duly informed by people on this thread and by the information available on www.cic.gc.ca

Veterinary Medicine is not on the eligible occupation for now.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 2:27pm On May 16, 2013
solomongrandy:

Yesterday. Engineering Managers
when did you send yours in?
Last 2 weeks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 2:36pm On May 16, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
Last 2 weeks.

I am sure you meant last week because they only started accepting application towards the end of last two weeks which was a weekend. So its safe to say early last week. You have not heard anything and they haven't collected the fee? Well lets wait and see
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 2:42pm On May 16, 2013
solomongrandy:

I am sure you meant last week because they only started accepting application towards the end of last two weeks which was a weekend. So its safe to say early last week. You have not heard anything and they haven't collected the fee? Well lets wait and see
Ok thurs after d 4th
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dridowu: 3:48pm On May 16, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
Ma dear no be month by month sometn o! D list na for one year. By next year , dem go decide what n what dey want again
so dat mean few occupations within may 2013-april 2014, so anoda roundd of occupation from may 2014 and it goes like dat. Dat 1 na lng tin oooooooooooo.
Thanks 1 Love
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dridowu: 3:54pm On May 16, 2013
Thanks Sir, so some profeession will have to wait till dy are consider b dat ? I will kip on reading it till am satisfy
solomonwis:

Just as you rightly mentioned,you can avail yourself of the information available here to prepare for application.

The Federal Skilled Worker program(FSWP) is a program meant to identify professionals,skilled workers all over the world who will be encouraged to move over to Canada after passing through some phases to ensure they have what it takes to benefit the economy of Canada and who will in turn get benefit based on the need of the skills they possess.

"Courses" are not "released" monthly...There are eligible occupations which have been listed here. Those occupations are eligible for the period between May 2013 to April 2014. If there's going to be any change,you will be duly informed by people on this thread and by the information available on www.cic.gc.ca

Veterinary Medicine is not on the eligible occupation for now.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 4:50pm On May 16, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
Ok thurs after d 4th

Thats last week na. So we are almost on same queue. Please let me know when anything changes o.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Kunlexymoore: 4:59pm On May 16, 2013
Please how are marks allocated on the language skills test? Hw do you allign your scores to the 28 available points, considering the fact that CB7 is said to be the minimum while the maximum is CB9?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 4:59pm On May 16, 2013
solomongrandy:

Thats last week na. So we are almost on same queue. Please let me know when anything changes o.
Ehe did u include police report, wre n ow much u gettam?
I tried doing it outta lag and dem talk 25k so I did in lag for 5k
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 5:06pm On May 16, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
Ehe did u include police report, wre n ow much u gettam?
I tried doing it outta lag and dem talk 25k so I did in lag for 5k

Did mine at Alagbon for 4k. Did 2 for 8k.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 5:08pm On May 16, 2013
Kunlexymoore: Please how are marks allocated on the language skills test? Hw do you allign your scores to the 28 available points, considering the fact that CB7 is said to be the minimum while the maximum is CB9?

Why not take a little time to read all of that. Its clearly stated on the CIC website. Just an advice cause whatever anyone tells you here doesn't supersede whats on that website

But let me help in my little way. I will use the point system as used in IELTS.
We have scores 9,8,7,6,5,4,3 etc To qualify as an applicant for FSW you must score a minimum of 6.0 in all your IELTS tests scores. So Speaking=6.0, Listening=6.0, Writing=6.0, reading=6.0 to score points for adaptability, your spouse must score not less than 5.0 in all.
Another point is you must read very well for the Exam. it looks simple but can be tricky especially the reading and listening aspect.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:30pm On May 16, 2013
Kunlexymoore: Please how are marks allocated on the language skills test? Hw do you allign your scores to the 28 available points, considering the fact that CB7 is said to be the minimum while the maximum is CB9?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 6:50pm On May 16, 2013
@kunlexymore See, u get d maximum points of 28 if u can demonstrate that u have ability in both English and French.
If u have get the maximum points for English na 24. 2nd language (french) na extra 4 points
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:04pm On May 16, 2013
LadyGuinivere: @kunlexymore See, u get d maximum points of 28 if u can demonstrate that u have ability in both English and French.
If u have get the maximum points for English na 24. 2nd language (french) na extra 4 points

That is totally wrong! A misrepresentation of fact!

Read this link CAREFULLY...http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 7:40pm On May 16, 2013
solomonwis:

That is totally wrong! A misrepresentation of fact!

Read this link CAREFULLY...http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

She is correct na Solomonwis. Its what she shared you just posted. Maximum of 24points for first official language and 4points for second official language so when you combine 24+4=28. Correct!!!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:50pm On May 16, 2013
solomongrandy:

She is correct na Solomonwis. Its what she shared you just posted. Maximum of 24points for first official language and 4points for second official language so when you combine 24+4=28. Correct!!!

LadyGuinivere: @kunlexymore See, u get d maximum points of 28 if u can demonstrate that u have ability in both English and French.

You need to compare his statement and compare with the requirement on the link. That is for the discerning mind!

Where did FRENCH become the second language required to earn the extra four(4) points?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 7:56pm On May 16, 2013
solomonwis:

You need to compare his statement and compare with the requirement on the link. That is for the discerning mind!

Where did FRENCH become the second language required to earn the extra four(4) points?

In Canada the first official language is English and the second is French. If you get maximum points for Speaking,you get 6points. maximum point for reading 6points. Maximum point for listening 6points. Maximum point for writing 6points. When you add them up it will give you 24points. Now to succeed in getting all 28points you must get an additional 4points from the second official language which is french. To achieve this, you will score 5and above in your french which is CLB 5 and above. Is there something I still dont get here please.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 7:59pm On May 16, 2013
solomonwis:

Ok Solomonwis could the 4points be the additional point you score if your spouse also submit a test score above CLB5?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 8:01pm On May 16, 2013
Lol. Canada has 2 official languages. I copied and pasted from CIC website.
English n French. Now every applicant can get up to 24 pts in one and if u can demonstrate ability for the other u get d 28 pts
Language Skills
The Language Skills Factor is one of the six factors for which points are awarded by Canadian Immigration Officers in determining whether a Skilled Worker / Professional applicant will be accepted or refused.
Up to 28 points are awarded under the Language Skills Factor based upon the applicant's ability to speak Canada's two official languages. Up to 24 points are awarded for comptenency in a first language (English or French), and 4 are awarded for a second language (English or French). The applicant may indivate either the English or French language as the first or second language for the purpose of being assessed under the Language Skill
One love y'all
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 8:03pm On May 16, 2013
solomongrandy:

Ok Solomonwis could the 4points be the additional point you score if your spouse also submit a test score above CLB5?
The xtra 5 pts u get from spouse language ability is under adaptability not language

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:04pm On May 16, 2013
solomongrandy:

In Canada the first official language is English and the second is French. If you get maximum points for Speaking,you get 6points. maximum point for reading 6points. Maximum point for listening 6points. Maximum point for writing 6points. When you add them up it will give you 24points. Now to succeed in getting all 28points you must get an additional 4points from the second official language which is french. To achieve this, you will score 5and above in your french which is CLB 5 and above. Is there something I still dont get here please.

Did you get this “fact” from the link or that's what you think?

You really need to read that link before you confuse people!

You get the four (4) extra points when you meet the minimum threshold in your first language {First Language can either be English or French}.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 8:06pm On May 16, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
The xtra 5 pts u get from spouse language ability is under adaptability not language

Yes I know so but just wondering if that is what Solomonwis is thinking because its easy to mix this things up sometimes
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 8:09pm On May 16, 2013
solomonwis:

Did you get this “fact” from the link or that's what you think?

You really need to read that link before you confuse people!

You get the four (4) extra points when you meet the minimum threshold in your first language {First Language can either be English or French}.

Solomonwis please could you clarify? I guess we didnt quite understand your explanation the first time. Are you saying once I get the minimum score, I automatically get 4 extra points?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:12pm On May 16, 2013
solomongrandy:

Solomonwis please could you clarify? I guess we didnt quite understand your explanation the first time. Are you saying once I get the minimum score, I automatically get 4 extra points?

CORRECT!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.