Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,061 members, 7,953,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:21 PM

Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash (43883 Views)

Rumble In Mike Adenuga’s Globacom / Massive Recruitment For Academic Staff At Osun State University / Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by Amadioha123(m): 8:45pm On May 05, 2013
He is timid
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by sentoms: 8:56pm On May 05, 2013
I beg you people should leave Pa Mike Adenuga alone. He will never stay long minutes @ a party. And you can't see him every where like Malam Dangote. DJ for Mike? Wrong chioce. Next time KSA or Sugar band. He left for security reason. Ni arin ore ni o ta wa.its within ur friends that your enemy are. Just pray He does sack them .
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by druid06(m): 9:03pm On May 05, 2013
scobaba:

So I shud be shy and mugu-like to be called a taurus?

@ d end of my post I said 'na play o', but cos u have so much problems around, you still want to talk.

On May 20th you will see my name on the bday list.

The D.O.S of my dept, subsequently S.U.G D.O.S and recently welfare member of my work place. If I'm anti-social nd shy how would I have gotten all these positions?

Pally if u really have all those traits you mentioned, its not TAURUS, its the same problem 'ted bundy' the serial killer had......oga u need help seriously.

Dude, your quote about my comment seemed to me obscenic and immature. Maybe we have different ideas about the meaning of the compound word anti-social. There are different meanings to the word anti-social and what I meant is that I don't fancy myself to the partying and clubing not the serial killer destructive psychotic meaning of anti-social. There're different traits to different people born on the zodiac sign Taurus. It's not like we exhibit the same traits all at once but there are some perculiarities/similiarities amongst Taurus and those of which I afforemented are just the bad traits. You might love social gatherings, heck I do too but only with close friends but when it comes to people I don't really know that well, I don't go. About the shy aspect, Taurus are generally shy at first when they meet someone new but when they get to know that person and trust them, they open up freely. I am very social around my close friends and I am sometimes called the comic amongst them but most times, I need my alone time and I prefer the comfort of my home to outdoors. You should have asked me to explain yet you spew nonsense. Maybe next time you read a post or topic you don't truly understand, you should ask questions first instead of blabbering about. It makes you look like someone desperate for attention hence you yourself is the one that needs help.

BTW, most serial killers or people that exihibits psychotic traits are born during november.
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by scobaba: 10:05pm On May 05, 2013
@druid06....=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)) I dey enjoy ds dru-hill guy.

We go drink beer one day.
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by toluxa1(m): 12:32am On May 06, 2013
Glo with PRIDE
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by hardbody: 3:15am On May 06, 2013
c.fours:
how rude of him. at least give a speech or note before leaving...how can he disrespect his staff like that.

They are all used to his brash attitude. I was once there and I can tell you. He is not orthodox or a decent gentlemen, he is best described as crude.
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by rhymz(m): 7:44am On May 06, 2013
scobaba:

So I shud be shy and mugu-like to be called a taurus?

@ d end of my post I said 'na play o', but cos u have so much problems around, you still want to talk.

On May 20th you will see my name on the bday list.

The D.O.S of my dept, subsequently S.U.G D.O.S and recently welfare member of my work place. If I'm anti-social nd shy how would I have gotten all these positions?

Pally if u really have all those traits you mentioned, its not TAURUS, its the same problem 'ted bundy' the serial killer had......oga u need help seriously.

lol. . Ted Bundy That guy was some disturned guy that went on a killing spree of blond babes that looked like his ex-galfriend. Smart and good looking though. Mike Adenuga is just being your average typical nigerian baws with oversized egos and misplaced pride. The man is annoying, his staff does not even like him for real, the nigga scares the shit outta everyone when he is around. He is known for a quick temper and brash style of repremand, the party was prolly an eye-service move to win his attentiom knowing how difficult and arrogant he is to get along with, especially when you are just an employee.
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by Nobody: 7:46am On May 06, 2013
Billionaire's like us do not like unnecessary parties, cos we spend a better part of our days strategizin on how to make more money.

It is not hate or ego my friends, and i trust Adenuga had better plans instead of sittin with some people who i'm sure attended the party cos of free rice.
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by Nobody: 11:11am On May 06, 2013
I think its pride,even if he didnt like it courstey demands he stay back just to appreciate the effort..
pRIDE COMES BEFORE A FALL
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by zomby(m): 3:59pm On May 06, 2013
Before you start throwing stone at this man, please get to know the following things:

Mike is a very shy man, he doesn't like to be surprised. This is why most people that know him (including Dangote), will tell you that "you can not get to see or reach Mike, but he can reach you at any time"
He has been this way or done things this way for many years. You do not expect a 60 year old man to start doing new things.

Mike gets extremely uncomfortable when he doesn't clearly know what is going on, surprising a man with this type of state of mind is never a good idea.

Mike is not happy when he is not totally in control, he is one of those people you do not want to surprise. He has to know what is going on at every second. This is one of the reasons why he remains the most successful Nigerian business man of all time.

Mike gets very agitated when he is around too many strangers, he likes to know where is going and who is going to be there. It is not a good idea to attempt to surprise this type of man. Apart from his domestic employees, he doesn't have too many friends around him, he mostly prefers to be alone. This type of life style has worked in his favor for this long, so why change now?

Mike prefers to be notified in advance whenever he is to be involved in any events. He wants to know everything from A to Z about anything he is involved.

Mike loves attention, but only attention that is coming from far away. Accepting awards or praise in person is never his thing. He prefers all these things done through text messages, newspaper, emails, but never in person.

Whoever put this surprise party together should have asked somebody before making such a career ending move. I wish this individual all the best, but something tells me that he or she is in a bowl of hot and spicy soup.

I'm 100% sure that Mike isn't too happy about how all went down on Friday.

Do not be so quick to call people out when they're not doing what you expect them to do. You just never know why they've chosen to react certain way to certain situation. Just respect them and let them be.

Just my 2 cents.
Zomby.
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by zomby(m): 4:00pm On May 06, 2013
DJ for Mike? Wrong chioce. Next time KSA.
This is also very true
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by Fellonigerians: 5:11pm On May 06, 2013
He should have stepped in to atleast appreciate the energy put in to organize the bash, and maybe told them that he is shy, but that they can continue without him... Even a nerd like Bill gates will stay and mingle with the crowd...

A good leader appreciates the efforts of others... Without your followers, you cant be a leader... Without those staff, he will not be on the Forbes list... If I worked for Glo, and was there, I go tamper with the system to make sure that no recharge card loads for 1hr... It is not all about hiring people and paying their salaries... APPRECIATE that they are human beings, for goodness sake...

By the way, this is the same Mike Adenuga that celebrated with the Super eagles in SA, and was popping champagne for everybody present...

Mssscchhheewwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by rhymz(m): 5:46pm On May 06, 2013
zomby: Before you start throwing stone at this man, please get to know the following things:

Mike is a very shy man, he doesn't like to be surprised. This is why most people that know him (including Dangote), will tell you that "you can not get to see or reach Mike, but he can reach you at any time"
He has been this way or done things this way for many years. You do not expect a 60 year old man to start doing new things.

Mike gets extremely uncomfortable when he doesn't clearly know what is going on, surprising a man with this type of state of mind is never a good idea.

Mike is not happy when he is not totally in control, he is one of those people you do not want to surprise. He has to know what is going on at every second. This is one of the reasons why he remains the most successful Nigerian business man of all time.

Mike gets very agitated when he is around too many strangers, he likes to know where is going and who is going to be there. It is not a good idea to attempt to surprise this type of man. Apart from his domestic employees, he doesn't have too many friends around him, he mostly prefers to be alone. This type of life style has worked in his favor for this long, so why change now?

Mike prefers to be notified in advance whenever he is to be involved in any events. He wants to know everything from A to Z about anything he is involved.

Mike loves attention, but only attention that is coming from far away. Accepting awards or praise in person is never his thing. He prefers all these things done through text messages, newspaper, emails, but never in person.

Whoever put this surprise party together should have asked somebody before making such a career ending move. I wish this individual all the best, but something tells me that he or she is in a bowl of hot and spicy soup.

I'm 100% sure that Mike isn't too happy about how all went down on Friday.

Do not be so quick to call people out when they're not doing what you expect them to do. You just never know why they've chosen to react certain way to certain situation. Just respect them and let them be.

Just my 2 cents.
Zomby.
load of crap! Mike is an elderly Yoruba man that understands very well the implications of his actions. For a moment I thought you were talking about a spoilt 17yr teenager that throws temper tantrums at every hint of displeasure. I doubt he would have done that if the gathering was not his staff but that of ill-bred politicians that have their hands on his balls ready to squeeze them if he misbehaved like a child.
The only explanation to his stoopid behaviour is pride and lack of regards for his workers. Na only glow im get and im dey behave like some immortal being what will he now do if he was half as rich as zuckerbeg not to talk of Bill gates and co. . is he even as half as reserved or shy as these two well deserving champs? Abeg make we hear o!

1 Like

Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by zomby(m): 8:22pm On May 06, 2013
You people can't see the other side of the coin, this is why you feel this way.

Just leave the man alone, it was his money they spent to set up the surprise party, the venue of the surprise party belongs to him, the employees he walked out on also work for him, and finally it was his surprise party. So, nothing do am, just let him.
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by tpia5: 9:45pm On May 07, 2013
The guy has his ear to the ground, everywhere na fear these days, make God help us o.

His info is obviously up to date, its the rest of us who dont have current news.
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by topmostg: 8:41pm On May 08, 2013
lrguru: Billionaire's like us do not like unnecessary parties,
ha ha ha ha ha...
you wish
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by santity100: 5:00pm On May 16, 2013
It is so so unfair .. We are all human and it is so pathetic for someone to treat other people like that .. Even though chairman is shy person, he could have just waved or send someone to address the crowd .. He just left the people stranded .. No doubt you are a billionaire, must you now torment the poor with your atitude ?? He is a yoruba man and the good thing is that yorubas are kind loving and caring people .. If thi thread is really true 100 %, then chairman, this is unfair!!!!!!!
Re: Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash by jovichi: 2:26pm On Oct 09, 2013
Kairoseki77:

That man is shy. He doesn't want to give speeches, or be in large crowds.
He is an introvert.

It's ok. The CEO of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, is the same way. He had a Hollywood birthday party one year, and sat in a corner by himself until it was over.

Some smart people are just loners.

Mark sat at a corner, u said?
Its more honorable
Mike walked out!
A simple speech of thank you & taking permission to leave would be more appropriate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chat Between A Mom Whose Child Is On Life Support And Her Boss / Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Gombe Over Buhari's Rejection Of Peace Corps Bill / How Much Is Your Current Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.