Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,609 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil (6753 Views)

Vehicle Is Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photos) / Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) / My Coil Spring And Tire, Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by beetee(m): 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2013
charlesazeh: Sorry Nissanparts, I ran an earthing cable to the chases then to the transmission.. Then I bought a new ECU that's all and now my car move smoothly... Thanks Nisanparts and cretin for your help.. God bless you all
What us the update with your car... hope no faults since you changes the parts.
I just changed the brain box of my sentra but the coils still got fried after a few hours of driving,
could this be as a result wrong brain box.
How do can you tell your brain box is okay or it is the perfect one for your car.
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by charlesazeh(m): 11:51pm On Jul 18, 2013
my car moves perfectly without any issue, go through my thread to see the help i got from them, it would help...check the cable from battery negative terminal to the gear box if its not rusted or damaged..then get the brainbox and then you are good to go..goodluck bro
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by beetee(m): 6:48pm On Sep 07, 2013
Where can i get the best mechanic in Lagos.. my nissan sentra is driving me nuts...
but i dont want to believe there is no engineer in lagos that can get this car fixed..
Had to change ecm after 2 months and it seems the old symptom is back.
Pls can anyone get me the contact of the best nissan engineer in Lagos.
pls urgent reply.. nairalanders
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by beetee(m): 10:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
pls can anyone get me the contact of the best nissan mechanic in Lagos..
just change the ecm of my car, but after two months the ecm is gone bad again
from all indications the engineers i have been using dont have the clue as to what is happening to the car
pls i need help now... the car wan kill me oooo
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 08, 2013
charlesazeh: Sorry Nissanparts, I ran an earthing cable to the chases then to the transmission.. Then I bought a new ECU that's all and now my car move smoothly... Thanks Nisanparts and cretin for your help.. God bless you all

Bro, please don't be in such a hurry to run off next time you get a solution to your problem. It doesn't help Car Talk community grow. At least give details of how you solved your problem, so others can benefit. And those that advised you are secure in the knowledge that their analysis and advise was spot-on.

And please tell me you purchased your ECU from Nissparts? It's in bad taste, if you simply pick his brains, get advice, then go elsewhere to make your purchase.
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by beetee(m): 12:39pm On Sep 09, 2013
Please any mechanic address i can visit
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by charlesazeh(m): 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
beetee: Please any mechanic address i can visit
. Tell the electrician to check the negative battery cable and if it does not go from the negative battery head of the battry down to the chasis and then to transmission the problem lies there...and if the cable is already in the right position then check on the gear box you bring out the cable and use sandpaper it
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by cardoctor(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2013
Replace the ECU with the right part number and your problem will be solved.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by NaMe4: 12:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
Out of six coils in a nissan murano, only one coil burns out almost immediately it is fixed (no. 6). All others are perfectly okay. Help!

Did a scan and got the following codes:

P1800 VIAS S/V CIRC
P0335 CKP-SEN/CIRC

Although going to the electrician to check the negative terminal.

But could the burning of a single coil still be from the brainbox?
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by nissparts(m): 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
I would say you should look towards the ECU
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by erico2k2(m): 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
charlesazeh:

the ECU in my car had a number on it (MW) but the once i have been changing are GC BA AG...someone said i have o get the exact number MW before it can work fine
Thats where U sentenced ur car to death.quack mechs kmt

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Stock Sleepers (you’re Better Off Leaving Alone) + PICS / How To Get A Genuine Tinted Permit and how to get your vehicle documents done. / How Much Do Uber Drivers Make Weekly In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.