Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,498 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread - Education (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread (588939 Views)

2015/2016 Uniport PG Admission Discussion Thread / A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / Uniport Admission List Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (457) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Empressgifted(f): 12:04am On Sep 10, 2014
Sylverly: don't worry, if we subtract abt 130,000(for a whole year nt 1 semester 0) from 270,000...we ll hv much money for textbooks,transportation, daily coke with 4 Bigi sausage roles(2 for me,2 for u), samies and genesis(jst for weekends), ofcoz we wnt sort, so..no need to budget that one,mayb once in a while,we visit the best campus swimming pool in west africa. So relax...though b4 these, we suppose dn thank Baba God.. ;-)
u've got serious vision for us just like d one GEJ has for 9ja come 2015.wink

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nobody: 1:11am On Sep 10, 2014
Empressgifted:
for pharmacy: 1st year's first semester fees including acceptance fee, hostel fee, tuition and others is almost 270,000. then for second semester it's about 150,000.
So what device are you using to browse when camera phones and tablets/ipads are not allowed in school?
Anyway as 100L students you guys would still be pardoned sometimes if caught with camera devices.
Enjoy your stay and stay away from that dreaded POST. I learnt new students resumed on 8th Sept.

What hostel are you in? Madonna? grin
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Empressgifted(f): 1:18am On Sep 10, 2014
tuhorns:
So what device are you using to browse when camera phones and tablets/ipads are not allowed in school?
Anyway as 100L students you guys would still be pardoned sometimes if caught with camera devices.
Enjoy your stay and stay away from that dreaded POST. I learnt new students resumed on 8th Sept.

What hostel are you in? Madonna? grin
i was told that they would resume on the first week of Oct. I'm not yet a student, just got the admission nd i'm yet to accept it.
What dreaded POST? I'm a bit confused.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nobody: 1:24am On Sep 10, 2014
Empressgifted:
i was told that they would resume on the first week of Oct. I'm not yet a student, just got the admission nd i'm yet to accept it.
What dreaded POST? I'm a bit confused.
First week of october? I got an alert on the 6th of september from Madonna university that school would resume on september 8th for freshers. Nawa! I got admitted to study pharmacy around mid-July this year at Madonna university. Just weeks ago, Uniuyo also admitted me into the same department. So I ditched Madonna uni.

I did PD at Madonna university and 'post' is where law breakers chill off at. More like a detention room for offenders.
I hope you make Uniport's next admission list into your chosen course.
Goodluck...
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Empressgifted(f): 1:28am On Sep 10, 2014
tuhorns:
First week of october? I got an alert on the 6th of september from Madonna university that school would resume on september 8th for freshers. Nawa! I got admitted to study pharmacy around mid-July this year at Madonna university. Just weeks ago, Uniuyo also admitted me into the same department. So I ditched Madonna uni.

I did PD at Madonna university and 'post' is where law breakers chill off at. More like a detention room for offenders.
Goodluck...
thanks, pls when Madonna offered u admission was it displayed on JAMB website.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nobody: 1:42am On Sep 10, 2014
Empressgifted:
thanks, pls when Madonna offered u admission was it displayed on JAMB website.
Uniuyo admission list is updated on their site but it doesn't reflect on JAMB website. Don't know why. It's not just me but everybody else admitted by Uniuyo.
Still, when I submitted my JAMB registration number on JAMB portal/website, it didn't show 'congrats, you have been provided provisinal admission into Madonna university to study Pharmacy'.
Therefore, since this ^^ wasn't put up for me to read. It certainly means Madonna has not submitted their admission list to JAMB portal, and judging from my little experience there, they won't try such, until admitted students pay school fees at least.

In my stay there, you are not a full student of the institution if you haven't obtained your clearance card or paid your school fees.
So to the best of my knowledge, Madonna won't submit no admission list to JAMB, at least not until the student has paid his school fees(whether complete or incomplete).
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Empressgifted(f): 1:49am On Sep 10, 2014
tuhorns:
Uniuyo admission list is updated on their site but it doesn't reflect on JAMB website. Don't know why. It's not just me but everybody else admitted by Uniuyo.
Still, when I submitted my JAMB registration number on JAMB portal/website, it didn't show 'congrats, you have been provided provisinal admission into Madonna university to study Pharmacy'.
Therefore, since this ^^ wasn't put up for me to read. It certainly means Madonna has not submitted their admission list to JAMB portal, and judging from my little experience there, they won't try such, until admitted students pay school fees at least.

In my stay there, you are not a full student of the institution if you haven't obtained your clearance card or paid your school fees.
So to the best of my knowledge, Madonna won't submit no admission list to JAMB, at least not until the student has paid his school fees(whether complete or incomplete).
thank u so much for taking ur time, someone said Madonna has a mosque inside d school, is that true?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nobody: 2:02am On Sep 10, 2014
Empressgifted:
thank u so much for taking ur time, someone said Madonna has a mosque inside d school, is that true?
Nope. But the Fr Founder in the person of Fr Edeh has little respect for other Christian denominations and Major Religions. Hence, every Friday the little Muslims in school gather inside a small hall to say their prayers. Hence, it was not modelled to be a Mosque, it's just a regular hall that will be put to other uses after little Muslims are done with their prayers on fridays.
But to be honest, the number of muslims there is insignificant. You mightn't meet one throughout your five years stay in the institution if you are non-muslim and don't visit their worship ground when they are there. I never met one till I finished.
On sundays, Catholics worship altogether and celebrate mass at CPM(Catholic Prayer Ministry). Meanwhile, non-catholics worship at PFM(whatever it stands for). But the PFM is a podium where non catholics(but christians) gather on sundays to sing praises and say prayers.

Don't worry you will know more if you eventually go there.
Really, Madonna has her pros and cons. Just like everyother uni. But I won't diverge to that now.
smiley
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Sylverly(m): 6:04am On Sep 10, 2014
Empressgifted:
u've got serious vision for us just like d one GEJ has for 9ja come 2015.wink
never say never....i blv it ll happen.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Samgreguc(m): 7:02am On Sep 10, 2014
tuhorns:

Goodluck...
I will need u to help me confirm from your senior colleagues if ur Pharmacy in UNIUYO is being graded.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by zamani22: 7:17am On Sep 10, 2014
congrats to those whose names where out on the first batch contact mr zamani for help and info for your name to be out in the upcoming list via 07068742114
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nerosoft19(m): 7:27am On Sep 10, 2014
zamani22: congrats to those whose names where out on the first batch contact mr zamani for help and info for your name to be out in the upcoming list via 07068742114
false prophet.. Sign of end tym
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 10, 2014
Samgreguc:
I will need u to help me confirm from your senior colleagues if ur Pharmacy in UNIUYO is being graded.
I just did in order to be sure. So, Pharmacy at Uniuyo is not graded. When you graduate, you are issued your certificate and degree. It is just as Medicine in every other university. No first class, second class upper, second class lower, third class. But, there's what is called best graduating Pharmacy student in every Pharmacy set.
The only problem is that at Uniuyo, a fail in any course in 100L will require the student to repeat the 100L all over again.

Madonna don't classify their Pharmacy degree as well. I don't think any Pharmacy school in Nigeria does. Madonna university Pharmacy school ain't easy either. You write professional exams in 200L first semester. A fail will require re-sitting.

In all, no school of Pharmacy in Nigeria is easy.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 10:44am On Sep 10, 2014
Pharmacy UNIPORT is not come chop, a lot of people fail out after year one and even more in year two, its a rigorous programme.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Empressgifted(f): 11:40am On Sep 10, 2014
Sylverly: never say never....i blv it ll happen.
AMEN!
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Empressgifted(f): 12:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
tuhorns:
Nope. But the Fr Founder in the person of Fr Edeh has little respect for other Christian denominations and Major Religions. Hence, every Friday the little Muslims in school gather inside a small hall to say their prayers. Hence, it was not modelled to be a Mosque, it's just a regular hall that will be put to other uses after little Muslims are done with their prayers on fridays.
But to be honest, the number of muslims there is insignificant. You mightn't meet one throughout your five years stay in the institution if you are non-muslim and don't visit their worship ground when they are there. I never met one till I finished.
On sundays, Catholics worship altogether and celebrate mass at CPM(Catholic Prayer Ministry). Meanwhile, non-catholics worship at PFM(whatever it stands for). But the PFM is a podium where non catholics(but christians) gather on sundays to sing praises and say prayers.

Don't worry you will know more if you eventually go there.
Really, Madonna has her pros and cons. Just like everyother uni. But I won't diverge to that now.
smiley
thanks again for d info, i just got a message 4rm them today being 10th of Sept. telling me that the 2014/2015 session would resume on the 8th Sept adding that they are sorry for any inconveniences they may have caused, guess that is how orgarnised they are. Initially they said it was around first week of october.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by shazzar(m): 12:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
otokx: i do not like answering the same question twice; historically, second list normally comes out just before National day holiday.
sire otoks sorry to disturb but you've never replied me, pls just tel me my stand with jamb score 196 and putme 192, chem engr. Pls I wuld rili appreciate it. Jamb reg 46372295da. Thanks in advance
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by jenbruce09(m): 1:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
otokx: Pharmacy UNIPORT is not come chop, a lot of people fail out after year one and even more in year two, its a rigorous programme.
wow.. I never knew.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the B.Sc Degree Programme in Electronic and Computer Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Port Harcourt for the 2014/2015 academic session.

Candidates should possess Five O' Level Credits in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any one from Biology, Technical Drawing, Further Mathematics, Agricultural Science

UTME subjects requirement is English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry

Only candidates who meet the required UTME and PUTME scores will be considered for admission.

Interested candidates should apply in their own handwriting, with a photocopy of their UTME, PUTME and O/L Result Slips and submit in person to:

The Admissions Officer
University of Port Harcourt
Delta Campus

The closing date for all applications is Friday, 19th September, 2014.

SIGNED
REGISTRAR

9th September, 2014
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by jenbruce09(m): 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
otokx: Pharmacy UNIPORT is not come chop, a lot of people fail out after year one and even more in year two, its a rigorous programme.
how many students get admitted each year?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by SilasBenjamin(m): 3:08pm On Sep 10, 2014

Love that,Makes it more Interesting, I wish all Admitted and yet to be Admitted the Best in Everything....I want to call on all Admitted Into The HEALTH SCIENCES n PHARMACY to add me on Watsapp ,For those Dat are Interested , so we can come Together n Form a "Study Group" ....For tho Future ,As students, it wuld be helpful , For those Interested n Ready to Work together(Helping one Another in Various ways, Academically ,Toward Success ).
Where One or Two are Gathered ,There is Diversity in Knowledge and Understanding.....
Early Preparation is Very important, Let's Come Together,For a Common Good n Goal ,I Wish u all The Best... My number for Watsapp( 08134285147 )...,.Do have a nice day.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by SilasBenjamin(m): 3:10pm On Sep 10, 2014

I Love that,Makes it more Interesting, I wish all Admitted and yet to be Admitted the Best in Everything....I want to call on all Admitted Into The HEALTH SCIENCES n PHARMACY to add me on Watsapp ,For those Dat are Interested , so we can come Together n Form a "Study Group" ....For tho Future ,As students, it wuld be helpful , For those Interested n Ready to Work together(Helping one Another in Various ways, Academically ,Toward Success ).
Where One or Two are Gathered ,There is Diversity in Knowledge and Understanding.....
Early Preparation is Very important, Let's Come Together,For a Common Good n Goal ,I Wish u all The Best... My number for Watsapp( 08134285147 )...,.Do have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Samgreguc(m): 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
tuhorns:
I just did in order to be sure. So, Pharmacy at Uniuyo is not graded. When you graduate, you are issued your certificate and degree. It is just as Medicine in every other university. No first class, second class upper, second class lower, third class. But, there's what is called best graduating Pharmacy student in every Pharmacy set.
The only problem is that at Uniuyo, a fail in any course in 100L will require the student to repeat the 100L all over again.

Madonna don't classify their Pharmacy degree as well. I don't think any Pharmacy school in Nigeria does. Madonna university Pharmacy school ain't easy either. You write professional exams in 200L first semester. A fail will require re-sitting.

Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Samgreguc(m): 4:51pm On Sep 10, 2014
tuhorns:

tanx alot.
To add on to wot uv said. When u gets up to a distinction, u wil b classified as distinction and if u also fail a course in pre-pharmacy(100level) in any PCN accredited pharm school u wunt progress to d next level.

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
otokx: Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the B.Sc Degree Programme in Electronic and Computer Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Port Harcourt for the 2014/2015 academic session.

Candidates should possess Five O' Level Credits in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any one from Biology, Technical Drawing, Further Mathematics, Agricultural Science

UTME subjects requirement is English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry

Only candidates who meet the required UTME and PUTME scores will be considered for admission.

Interested candidates should apply in their own handwriting, with a photocopy of their UTME, PUTME and O/L Result Slips and submit in person to:

The Admissions Officer
University of Port Harcourt
Delta Campus

The closing date for all applications is Friday, 19th September, 2014.

SIGNED
REGISTRAR

9th September, 2014
good day sir,i could not find this information on the schools portal.i wish to ascertain the authenticity of this report,as i stay in lagos and i dont wish to embark on a wild goose chase.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by pweedy: 9:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
pls reply me nah
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
Unique Uniport peeps. Any new or old Diplomats here. Lets get acquainted. As for me, am a new Diplomats. One love

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by swhiss: 11:25pm On Sep 10, 2014

hmmm...
what about Engineering UNIPORT?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by ProfChris10(m): 6:30am On Sep 11, 2014
swhiss:

hmmm...
what about Engineering UNIPORT?
Seconded
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Empressgifted(f): 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
Pls guys any news about Uniport SSLT programme this year?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by dolaide(m): 7:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Amanyanabo(m): 7:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
JPpresh406:
we go yarn for whatsapp..all the glory to God
Guy, ma phone don brick on,
Na one kind kpalasa I dey use now

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (457) (Reply)

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. / 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.