Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,213 members, 7,957,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:24 PM

Is Naming Ceremony Compulsory? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Naming Ceremony Compulsory? (1095 Views)

Reasons Why Bride Is Happier Than Groom During Wedding Ceremony / Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? / A Perfect Naming Ceremony. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Naming Ceremony Compulsory? by ZackiGp(m): 5:29pm On May 05, 2013
my friend's girlfriend just put to bed and he doesn't want to conduct a naming ceremony but his gf has been insisting dat they do it. Just this morning he came to me for an advice and i told im not to do it. I got thinking as soon as he left and right now i feel i had advised him wrongly.
Is it really compulsory for a naming ceremony to be conducted, can't they just go ahead and name their child without gathering and sharing food and drink to pple? I mean to ask if dis ceremony has any significance?
Re: Is Naming Ceremony Compulsory? by FlyboyZee: 8:37pm On May 05, 2013
I had the name of my son even before he was born and declared the name on the 7th day without any ceremony. His name has not changed since that day. I didn't call nobody, not even my Mum or Pastor. I just woke up in the morning and declared the name to my household and that is it. The shot is yours to call, so do whatever rocks your boat. Anyway, Goodluck and God bless. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Is Naming Ceremony Compulsory? by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 05, 2013
It depends on the belief, tribe and religion i guess.

You don't have to feel guilty about your opinion but next time be more diplomatic when giving your opinion to people.
Re: Is Naming Ceremony Compulsory? by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 05, 2013
For me,a child is named immediately I can identify the sex,I also select a name for the opposite sex incase ultrasound dissapoints.Once my child is born,he has a name,no ceremony or special declaration after 7days.
Re: Is Naming Ceremony Compulsory? by sunnyt1(m): 12:04am On May 06, 2013
It depends on the tribe and religion, i cant imagine any reason y i wudnt do a naming ceremony, its a must in my place.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me On This Problem Please. / How Many Children Would Youlike To Have When Married? / “I Still Love Him” – Says Bride Who Murdered Her Groom On Their Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.