Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? (2672 Views)

Pastor Abraham Yakubu's Testimony Of Heaven And Hell In English / A Vision Of Heaven And Hell / Testimonies: Face To Face Encounter With Jesus Christ And The Revelations Of Heaven And Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by christemmbassey(m): 1:16pm On May 06, 2013
A preacher visited me last week and told me about two books that some one gave to him, according to him, after reading just a few pages he was so afraid that even as he was talking to me , he was so confused and affraid whether he will make heaven. Brethren, the books are about these people who claim that , they died, went tn heaven and/or hell and the messages they brought back from God and what they experience and saw. Are these stories true? What are the biblical supports to such experiences if any? Are ppl going to hell/heaven now as they die? God bless as we discus this new trend.
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:14pm On May 06, 2013
We call it hallucination
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by Delafruita(m): 6:20pm On May 06, 2013
christemmbassey: A preacher visited me last week and told me about two books that some one gave to him, according to him, after reading just a few pages he was so afraid that even as he was talking to me , he was so confused and affraid whether he will make heaven. Brethren, the books are about these people who claim that , they died, went tn heaven and/or hell and the messages they brought back from God and what they experience and saw. Are these stories true? What are the biblical supports to such experiences if any? Are ppl going to hell/heaven now as they die? God bless as we discus this new trend.
stories written by fraudsters to make millions from gullible folks.Mary Baxter made over 3million dollars from her book.i doubt the intention of yahweh was to provide her money for a cadillac by taking her on a frigging trip to the heavenlies and hellies
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by alexleo(m): 6:57pm On May 06, 2013
christemmbassey: A preacher visited me last week and told me about two books that some one gave to him, according to him, after reading just a few pages he was so afraid that even as he was talking to me , he was so confused and affraid whether he will make heaven. Brethren, the books are about these people who claim that , they died, went tn heaven and/or hell and the messages they brought back from God and what they experience and saw. Are these stories true? What are the biblical supports to such experiences if any? Are ppl going to hell/heaven now as they die? God bless as we discus this new trend.

Those testimonies are true. Most of the people who had this revelation don't even put it in books. They just testify it in their churches or crusade ground and some other sharp business men quickly put it in books to sell and make money. I have seen muslims who had this revelation and repented. Today they are christians. I ve seen pagans who had this experience and repented. Today they are christians. I ve seen atheists who had this experience and repented, today they are christians. (I mean real born again) Now these are people who ordicnarily will never want to do anything that has to do with christianity. The reality of what they saw is what is pushing them to repent and testify it. I have seen people from various churches who have had this experience. Many people listen to these testimonies and get saved. God is revealing this to these people simply to confirm to us that these two places written in the bible are real. Nobody can say he is not aware because these testimonies abound everywhere(including the internet). This is one testimony that has cut accross people of various religous background, various denominations, various beliefs, various countries etc. Testimonies are part of the things that confirms the truth of God's word to people. Today, we believe that God can heal not just because we saw it in the bible but also because we see the miracle of healing taking place among people in our time. Anybody who wants to doubt the reality of heaven and hell by whatever explanation or teaching is doing it at his own detriment because when he dies he will see that he has taught and believed lies and it would ve been too late to amend. What a horrible thing for the person to land in hell. Its just like the atheists who are also wishing away the existence of God. By the time they leave this world they will see that they ve only deceived themselves to their own detriment.

2 Likes

Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by christemmbassey(m): 7:54pm On May 06, 2013
alexleo:

Those testimonies are true. Most of the people who had this revelation don't even put it in books. They just testify it in their churches or crusade ground and some other sharp business men quickly put it in books to sell and make money. I have seen muslims who had this revelation and repented. Today they are christians. I ve seen pagans who had this experience and repented. Today they are christians. I ve seen atheists who had this experience and repented, today they are christians. (I mean real born again) Now these are people who ordicnarily will never want to do anything that has to do with christianity. The reality of what they saw is what is pushing them to repent and testify it. I have seen people from various churches who have had this experience. Many people listen to these testimonies and get saved. God is revealing this to these people simply to confirm to us that these two places written in the bible are real. Nobody can say he is not aware because these testimonies abound everywhere(including the internet). This is one testimony that has cut accross people of various religous background, various denominations, various beliefs, various countries etc. Testimonies are part of the things that confirms the truth of God's word to people. Today, we believe that God can heal not just because we saw it in the bible but also because we see the miracle of healing taking place among people in our time. Anybody who wants to doubt the reality of heaven and hell by whatever explanation or teaching is doing it at his own detriment because when he dies he will see that he has taught and believed lies and it would ve been too late to amend. What a horrible thing for the person to land in hell. Its just like the atheists who are also wishing away the existence of God. By the time they leave this world they will see that they ve only deceived themselves to their own detriment.
plz do we have any verse in the word to prove the authenticity of these 'new way' of God talking to us? Thanks.
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by DrummaBoy(m): 9:40pm On May 06, 2013
I do not doubt the fact that God could give visions of heaven and hell but God revelation should minister edification and comfort to the hearers and not fear. 1Cor 14.

Also, we have the bible, a more sure word of prophecy. This was Peter statement after he talked about a vision of Jesus on the mount. He said the bible was surer.

Scripture command we test all Spirit. Paul said if anyone preaches another gospel, including an angel, let him be accursed. I believe he envisioned these times when visions from angels will abound.

Alex who spoke of conversion and claims they are genuine, how can we tell? How long will fear and not faith sustain a man in religion? I for one was drawn to Jesus bc I caught a glimpse of His intense love for me. Its been a love affair since then, not fear.

I stop here for now and invite my master Goshen, Ayokun, Pastor Kun, etc, to lend a voice to this discuss

3 Likes

Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by christemmbassey(m): 9:55pm On May 06, 2013
This is another angle i want us to include in this discussions, are ppl going to heaven/hell at death currently? God bless.
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by ayoku777(m): 10:06pm On May 06, 2013
I do believe God can give visions, its part of what he promised to use in the last days in joel's prophecy. And he gave it to peter and paul and john in the ministries. But the goal of vision is to establish scriptural truths and clarify revelations about Christ.

So you must learn to balance stories of such visions with scripture and sound doctrines of grace. I hear ridiculous visions of hell, about people who went to hell coz dey wore trousers or used make up or coz they didnt pay tithe. Such vision have more chaff than wheat when balanced with scripture.

So visions truly happen but they should be compared with scripture and sound doctrine of grace
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by ninja4life(m): 10:12pm On May 06, 2013
Wow those revelations are really scary and are enough to make a weak christians lose faith cos it would be almost certain dat he cant make d imaginary heaven dat he believed in due to d high standard and requirement,lol tales at moonlight.
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by christemmbassey(m): 10:17pm On May 06, 2013
Pls my question remains, are ppl going to heaven or hell at death currently? Is it posible for ppl to go to heaven or hell at death now? If not where are they now?
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by DrummaBoy(m): 10:45pm On May 06, 2013
A vision of heaven/hell one Abraham Yakubu had the following flaws
1. Christian ladies painting and wearing wigs, etc, will go to hell.
2. Mary was weeping for Catholics who were worshipping her. I thought 'there would neither be weeping or mourning' in heaven?
3. The doctrine of saved by grace is not exemplified at all; it all depends on holiness, what U do and if U were lucky to have confessed ur sin before death
4. The fact that salvation was not sufficient
5. Fear, fear and fear: Are saved by fear or by grace through faith, all a gift of God?
6. A vision with a certain bias to a denominational outlook. I believe when Jesus will come we will all see our inadequacies. No will be perfect.

What I see in these things are demonic manifestation, made out to deceive the simple in heart. And bc they abound more and more is the very reason the true gospel must be proclaimed in earnest.
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 06, 2013
^ in the grave as dust and nothing more. Remember there will be a resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous for judgement; if the dead exist in heaven and hell as we speak, dont you think it will be absurd to resurrect them again? If the concept of both places is true then i think those that will be resurrected from heaven will protest beign brought back to earth while those of hell will be tied between beign glad to have had a minute break from torture and wondering what cruelsome judgement will be granted to them again
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by christemmbassey(m): 11:25pm On May 06, 2013
Segeggs: ^ in the grave as dust and nothing more. Remember there will be a resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous for judgement; if the dead exist in heaven and hell as we speak, dont you think it will be absurd to resurrect them again? If the concept of both places is true then i think those that will be resurrected from heaven will protest beign brought back to earth while those of hell will be tied between beign glad to have had a minute break from torture and wondering what cruelsome judgement will be granted to them again
on point, my brothers, Jesus said- "in my father's house there are many mansions, i am going to prepare a place for you, when i finish, i will come back and take you...." he did not say when you finish/die you come and meet me but he said, i will COME BACK , odawise, why are we waiting his 2nd coming? My brothers, my humble opinion is this, it is either they have distorted the vision or it is fake plain and simple. @ Dromaboy, am glad you mentioned fear as being part of this their new found way of fellowshiping , my brother any message either from the pulpit, visions or dreams etc that carry fear is not from God. JESUS in Heb 2:14- had delivered us from fear, again look at the bible, anytime God wants to pass on any message, he always says dont be afraid or dismayed, every message that has fear is from Satan.
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by Goshen360(m): 11:48pm On May 06, 2013
Okay, following!
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by Nobody: 10:24am On May 07, 2013
there is no hell!!! simple. it is a marketing strategy by religious people. more people, more money.
why do people talk more of hell than heaven. = why do people talk more of fear than love?
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by alexleo(m): 8:07pm On May 07, 2013
christemmbassey: on point, my brothers, Jesus said- "in my father's house there are many mansions, i am going to prepare a place for you, when i finish, i will come back and take you...." he did not say when you finish/die you come and meet me but he said, i will COME BACK , odawise, why are we waiting his 2nd coming? My brothers, my humble opinion is this, it is either they have distorted the vision or it is fake plain and simple. @ Dromaboy, am glad you mentioned fear as being part of this their new found way of fellowshiping , my brother any message either from the pulpit, visions or dreams etc that carry fear is not from God. JESUS in Heb 2:14- had delivered us from fear, again look at the bible, anytime God wants to pass on any message, he always says dont be afraid or dismayed, every message that has fear is from Satan.

Its very easy to quote scriptures and dismiss the truth in these testimonies but does that really change anthing? No. Thank God we will all die one day and if you die and discover that truly the testimonies are real then of course you have no excuse to give than to face the consequences. A matter concering our eternal destiny is not one that should be dismissed just like that even when there are overwhelming ttestimonies from various quarters. When you people are talking about fear I just wonder who is the one afraid? Its you people that are afraid and it is that fear that is motivating your dismisal of the testimonies. What we check in testimonies is whether the content is in line with the scripture and I tell you that the summary of all their discription about hell is a place of torment which is in line with the bible description. Feel free to believe whatever but whether we believe it or not doesn't change anything about it. Thanks dear.
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by christemmbassey(m): 9:08pm On May 07, 2013
alexleo:

Its very easy to quote scriptures and dismiss the truth in these testimonies but does that really change anthing? No. Thank God we will all die one day and if you die and discover that truly the testimonies are real then of course you have no excuse to give than to face the consequences. A matter concering our eternal destiny is not one that should be dismissed just like that even when there are overwhelming ttestimonies from various quarters. When you people are talking about fear I just wonder who is the one afraid? Its you people that are afraid and it is that fear that is motivating your dismisal of the testimonies. What we check in testimonies is whether the content is in line with the scripture and I tell you that the summary of all their discription about hell is a place of torment which is in line with the bible description. Feel free to believe whatever but whether we believe it or not doesn't change anything about it. Thanks dear.
Christ said in jn 8:32 "and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" when you compare these testimonies with the word of God you will discover that they are at variant with the word. Jesus said, when the comforter comes he will teach you, lead you to ALL truth and tell you things about THE FUTURE, so how can God abandoned the Holy Spirit and decide to use humans instead. Pls leave sentiments and emotions. The gospel is able to change anybody that Christ want to be saved not some stomach inspired fake halucinations. Finaly i want you to know that we will go to heaven NOT becos of what we were able to achieved by works but by what Jesus achieved and DASHED US. Peace.
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by alexleo(m): 11:17pm On May 07, 2013
christemmbassey: Christ said in jn 8:32 "and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" when you compare these testimonies with the word of God you will discover that they are at variant with the word. Jesus said, when the comforter comes he will teach you, lead you to ALL truth and tell you things about THE FUTURE, so how can God abandoned the Holy Spirit and decide to use humans instead. Pls leave sentiments and emotions. The gospel is able to change anybody that Christ want to be saved not some stomach inspired fake halucinations. Finaly i want you to know that we will go to heaven NOT becos of what we were able to achieved by works but by what Jesus achieved and DASHED US. Peace.

A true child of God who understands what grace is should not be afraid that he ll lose heaven. Look my brother, grace has made heaven easier so there is no need of being afraid of hell. Those people who you hear missed heaven were people who did not make use of the grace of God available to us. Grace has made it possible that we can pray for the forgiveness of our sins anytime and anywhere unlike in the old testament where it was only the Priest that will pray on people's behalf after following some due process so if anybody fails to cleanse his robe with the blood of Jesus as he should and die with sin that's not God's fault. No more sacrifices of animal to cleanse you from sin just pray to God wherever you are. What other thing is greater than this freedom/grace to access the cleansing blood unhindered? Some christians miss heaven because they rely on their strenght and prayerfulness rather than the grace of God. And because of this they don't even believe they have any spot on their garment that should be cleansed. When such persons dies with that spot they can't be qualified for heaven because they didn't make use of the grace of God to access the blood of Jesus for cleaning rather they believed in their righteous works. 1 john 3:3 says that every man who has the hope of seeing Jesus purifieth himself even as he is pure. It is a continous thing for anybody who wants to see Jesus. The question is how many christians purifies themselves when they are praying? Majority of christians starts their prayer with thanksgiving, next they enter casting and binding and that's all. No time to clean the spots on their garments and when they die with those spots they miss heaven because they didn't make use of the grace given to us to access the blood of Jesus for our cleansing freely and smoothly. By the grace of God am not afraid of hell because am not going there. Am going to heaven solely by the grace of God and that grace makes me purify myself daily and anytime I feel I ve been spotted with sin. Law offered punishment but grace offers reconciliation. It is when you reject the grace oF God by not reconciLing that one is heading to helL when he dies. Rather than being afraid of hell and dismissing testimonies about it why don't you make use of the grace of God daily in your life and prepare yourself for heaven. The worst thing that can happen to a christian is to believe that this two places dont come into play at death only for him to see that they actually do when he dies. By then it will be too late for the person to amend. What a horrible situation it will be for the person after all the preaching here. May God help us. Amen
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by Nobody: 6:24am On May 08, 2013
^ @alexleo.

The dead are dead. No one has been to heaven except the son of man that came from it.

What is the purpose of resurrection if people are in heaven or hell?

if their testimonies are true, dont you think we all deserve equal opportunity to experience what they experienced to know the truth?

you choose to follow testimony which are not in line with the bible.

where is paul, peter, john etc?
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by alexleo(m): 6:32am On May 08, 2013
@DrummaBoy,
Are you saying that grace means you sin and it covers you? No. Grace means that sin does not attract instant punishment as it was in the time of law rather yoo are pointed to repentance. Grace means that you have unhindered access to the blood of Jesus for the cleasing of your sin unlike in the old testament where it was the chief priest that atoned for people's sin. Grace means that rather than worshiping God only in the temple in Jerusalem u can now worship him in spirit and in truth anywhere and anytime etc. Now since God has removed all these barriers through his grace, if any man fails to wash himself with the blood from time to time then it is the person's fault. If you read the testimony of Abraham Yakubu you will notice that before that accident occurred he heard a voice in his heart that the vehicle will have accident. Then he started praying that God should cleanse him with the blood of Jesus and remove every spot or wrinkle on his garment. This is how to make use of grace and that was why he didn't go to hell when he died in that accident. But an average present day christian when he gets such ministration that death was about to face him or even those in an aircraft that is about to crash. When the announcement is made by the pilot they start casting and binding rather than washing themselves with the blood. Yet after all the casting and binding, the car or plane crashes and because there is a spot on their garment which they didn't cleanse they miss heaven. Bible says, follow peace with all men and holiness without which no man can see God. Holiness remains the qualification to enter heaven and you can't change it rather make use of the access to the blood of Jesus that grace has provided for you. Some people will be sick and they ll only be praying for their healing without cleansing themselves as well knowing fully well that death can come too. But nobody wants to believe they can die in any sickness. Infact some may even see it as an act of faithlessness and an acceptance of death for them to pray for cleansing. Yet death will come if it will come and the person dies with spot on his garment. Pls don't misinterpret grace. Thanks dear.
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by alexleo(m): 8:08am On May 08, 2013
Segeggs: ^ @alexleo.

The dead are dead. No one has been to heaven except the son of man that came from it.

What is the purpose of resurrection if people are in heaven or hell?

if their testimonies are true, dont you think we all deserve equal opportunity to experience what they experienced to know the truth?

you choose to follow testimony which are not in line with the bible.

where is paul, peter, john etc?

What's equal opportunity about testimony? So if somebody testifies of being healed of cancer you need an equal opportunity of having the cancer and being healed for you to believe? My dear nobody is forcing you to believe and you can't also tell me that those people did not have the experience. I Wonder what will make a muslim, an atheist, a pagan, a hindu to say that he saw hell and he saw Jesus and after the experience he got saved and became a christian if he didn't see it. You people are just struggling to dismiss the reality of this revelations but it doesn't change anything. We will all die someday and see the reality so don't worry yourself my brother. Thank God everybody bears the consequences of his believe and actions all alone.
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by christemmbassey(m): 9:51am On May 08, 2013
@ Alex, Christ said, he's gone to prepare a place that he will COME BACK and take us . Pls explain this statement, and this one-"as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have PUT ON Christ" gal 3:27 in relation to this ur garment cleansing stuff. God bless.
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by DrummaBoy(m): 12:35pm On May 08, 2013
If you read the testimony of Abraham Yakubu you will notice that before that accident occurred he heard a voice in his heart that the vehicle will have accident. Then he started praying that God should cleanse him with the blood of Jesus and remove every spot or wrinkle on his garment.

My major grouse with that testimony. Those who will be saved are those who have cleansed themselves with the blood of Jesus. What does that mean? So it what we must do that will save us? There is not such thing as the gift of God's righteosness? If our actions where so perfect, including the ability to confess before death, why did God say in Isaiah that our righteousness where like filthy rags (women's soiled and bloody napkins)?

What happens to those who die suddenly? What you are saying is not the gospel of Jesus and that is why I am convinced today that Abraham Yakubu did not see a revelation from Jesus. He may have seen one from another Jesus, but not the Jesus of the NT.

So I advice when you discuss issues like this, limit your discuss to what is written, the bible, that is the more sure word of testimony we are called to base our faith on. Not visions and revelations that come from the pit of hell.

There is certainly a place for confession of sin. To restore fellowship with the Father and the Holy Spirit (1Jn 1:9) but even that is wholly imperfect. WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH.

BTW your definition of grace is wholly flawed. But that is for another day.
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by christemmbassey(m): 1:53pm On May 08, 2013
DrummaBoy:

My major grouse with that testimony. Those who will be saved are those who have cleansed themselves with the blood of Jesus. What does that mean? So it what we must do that will save us? There is not such thing as the gift of God's righteosness? If our actions where so perfect, including the ability to confess before death, why did God say in Isaiah that our righteousness where like filthy rags (women's soiled and bloody napkins)?

What happens to those who die suddenly? What you are saying is not the gospel of Jesus and that is why I am convinced today that Abraham Yakubu did not see a revelation from Jesus. He may have seen one from another Jesus, but not the Jesus of the NT.

So I advice when you discuss issues like this, limit your discuss to what is written, the bible, that is the more sure word of testimony we are called to base our faith on. Not visions and revelations that come from the pit of hell.

There is certainly a place for confession of sin. To restore fellowship with the Father and the Holy Spirit (1Jn 1:9) but even that is wholly imperfect. WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH.

BTW your definition of grace is wholly flawed. But that is for another day.
my brother lets not blame our brother Alex, the problem is our teachers and the environment we grow, but we have fora like this that expose us to wisdom, and i will advice our brother to open his heart and test every spirit here, for me, am here to learn and bcome better for my Jesus and humanity. I am going to heaven NOT because of what i can do but because of what Jesus had done. Christ speaking in jn14, says- "2. In my father's house are many mansions, if it were not so, i would have told you, i go to prepare a place for you. 3.and if i go and prepare a place for you, i will come again and recieve you unto myself , that where i am, there ye may be also"(kkv) and 1thes4:16-for the lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the arcangel, and with the trump of God And the dead in Christ shall rise first. 17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the lord". Finaly jn16: "and when he come, he will reprove the world of sin and of righteousness and of judgement". So now they want to tell us that Jesus has change his mind about coming back and the holy spirit has failed that is why Jesus now uses humans to do the work of the holy spirit.?
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by alexleo(m): 3:37pm On May 08, 2013
@DrummaBoy and Christembassy,

I ll reply you later when am free. Am busy for now. Cheers.
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by alexleo(m): 11:08pm On May 08, 2013
DrummaBoy:

My major grouse with that testimony. Those who will be saved are those who have cleansed themselves with the blood of Jesus. What does that mean? So it what we must do that will save us?

1 John 1:6,9 says- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his son cleanseth us from all sin.
9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I dont understand why you are not clear with what i said about the blood of Jesus cleansing us when its written in the bible. Again you are asking whether its what you do that will save you. Verse 9 of this scripture above tells you what you must do and that is to confess your sins to God and he forgives you and cleanses you. What is the purpose of the blood that Jesus shed if not for our sins?
And that is what am saying that grace has made it simple. If it were in the old testament it will involve making sacrifices of animal and the chief priest going into the holy of hollies to make atonement and all that but here in the grace dispensation its as simple as confess your sins.
And of course it is those who are cleansed with the blood that are pure to enter heaven. Matthew 5;8 says- Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God.
1 John 3;2,3 says- Beloved now are we the sons of God and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that when he shall appear, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. 3. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself even as he is pure.
It is only the blood of Jesus that can cleanse our hearts pure.

DrummaBoy:

There is not such thing as the gift of God's righteosness? If our actions where so perfect, including the ability to confess before death, why did God say in Isaiah that our righteousness where like filthy rags (women's soiled and bloody napkins)?

Have you experienced salvation at all? Who is talking about self righteousness here? When you are saved from your life of sin or your sins are washed away, you no more live by your self righteousness rather by the righteousness of Jesus christ because you now abide in him. 1 John 3:5,6 says- And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins: and in him is no sin. 6. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not.....
verse 7 says- 'he that doeth righteousness is righteous , even as he is righteous.
The righteousness being talked about here is different from the one you quoted in Isaiah. The righteousness that was mentioned in Isaiah is powered by self while the one that John is talking about is powered by Jesus. Pls learn to seperate the two. Or you mean that anybody can just walk into heaven without being pure and living a holy life just because we are in the time of grace? No.
Now 1 John 2:1 says- My little children, these things write i unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous( again this is what am saying about grace, that it makes the process of getting your sins forgiven very easy). Grace does not mean keep sinning and you are covered> You must seek for forgiveness and thats what i mean by washing yourself with the blood of Jesus.
The above quoted verse is what i was saying that each time we find ourselves spotted by sin we should go back to Jesus for cleansing. If you dont, and you continue to feel that grace covers you, that is when the person will meet with disappointment at heavens gate. Thats why every man that has the hope of seeing Jesus, as 1 John 3:3 says, PURIFIETH HIMSELF.
You talked about confessing before death, what i mean is not that somebody should wait till death stairs him at his face before he purifies himself. I mean that one should always in his prayers purify himself. Be it morning prayer, prayer before you leave your house, or before you travel, or before you sleep or any other prayer time you have. Because the world is full of temptations and sometimes we fall to some of this temptations we must need cleanse ourselves when we see ourselves fall into any of these temptation. Thats the simple message i was trying to pass because christians today are only interested in pursuing demons in their prayers while ignoring the purity of their heart. If you chase all the demons in this world and die with sin in your heart what have you gained? Nothing.

DrummaBoy:

You can say anything you like about the testimony but it doesnt change anything about it. It remains your opinion. If he saw those things, he saw them. If those things he saw are true then they are true and your opinion cant change it so feel free. The testimony you are worrying yourself about is one out of millions of them. I am not carried away by testimonies yet I cannot dismiss a testimony that its content is not against what is in the scripture. If there are things in his testimonies that he explained out of proportion then thats a different thing all together but to dismiss the entire testimony. I cant.
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by christemmbassey(m): 11:25pm On May 08, 2013
Bro Alex, do you know who a christian is?
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by alexleo(m): 11:28pm On May 08, 2013
christemmbassey: my brother lets not blame our brother Alex, the problem is our teachers and the environment we grow, but we have fora like this that expose us to wisdom, and i will advice our brother to open his heart and test every spirit here, for me, am here to learn and bcome better for my Jesus and humanity. I am going to heaven NOT because of what i can do but because of what Jesus had done. Christ speaking in jn14, says- "2. In my father's house are many mansions, if it were not so, i would have told you, i go to prepare a place for you. 3.and if i go and prepare a place for you, i will come again and recieve you unto myself , that where i am, there ye may be also"(kkv) and 1thes4:16-for the lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the arcangel, and with the trump of God And the dead in Christ shall rise first. 17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the lord". Finaly jn16: "and when he come, he will reprove the world of sin and of righteousness and of judgement". So now they want to tell us that Jesus has change his mind about coming back and the holy spirit has failed that is why Jesus now uses humans to do the work of the holy spirit.?

And i agree with all the bible verses you ve quoted. Yet in the same bible Jesus told us about the story of Lazarus and the rich man and what happened after their death and some people are giving me crap that it is a parable when the structure of the whole story is totally different from that of a parable. Nothing strong to proof that it is a parable. There is no parable in the scripture that has semblance with that story or that is presented in the style the story wass presented. Also there are various places where Jesus talked about hell that does not suggest that what he meant as hell was grave yet some people wants me to believe that Jesus was talking about the grave. All the explanations i ve been getting from them are just assumptions which is powered by the fear of hell. I cannot believe such messages. Moreover we have had extensive discussions on this issue of hell in various threads so rather than recycling the arguments here anybody can visit any of those threads and go through them. Thanks dear.
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by alexleo(m): 11:34pm On May 08, 2013
christemmbassey: Bro Alex, do you know who a christian is?

A christian is a born again. He is Christ-like. One whose sins have been forgiven and he lives a holy or righteous life in Christ Jesus not by his own power. he is one who abides in Christ according to 1 John 3:5-7.
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by christemmbassey(m): 12:05am On May 09, 2013
alexleo:

And i agree with all the bible verses you ve quoted. Yet in the same bible Jesus told us about the story of Lazarus and the rich man and what happened after their death and some people are giving me crap that it is a parable when the structure of the whole story is totally different from that of a parable. Nothing strong to proof that it is a parable. There is no parable in the scripture that has semblance with that story or that is presented in the style the story wass presented. Also there are various places where Jesus talked about hell that does not suggest that what he meant as hell was grave yet some people wants me to believe that Jesus was talking about the grave. All the explanations i ve been getting from them are just assumptions which is powered by the fear of hell. I cannot believe such messages. Moreover we have had extensive discussions on this issue of hell in various threads so rather than recycling the arguments here anybody can visit any of those threads and go through them. Thanks dear.
it is a pity if someone like you is saying that the story of Lazarus and the rich man actully happened, its a pity, am sorry i have to say that. I thought you will address the issues raised in my earlier post, namely, 1. Has Jesus change his mind on his 2nd coming? 2 has the holy spirit fail God for God to now decides to abandon the holy spirit and use humans to do the work as recorded by John?, if you think ppl who died now either go to heaven or hell, what about 2thes4:16?. God bless.
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by kambo(m): 1:20am On May 09, 2013
christemmbassey: it is a pity if someone like you is saying that the story of Lazarus and the rich man actully happened, its a pity, am sorry i have to say that. I thought you will address the issues raised in my earlier post, namely, 1. Has Jesus change his mind on his 2nd coming? 2 has the holy spirit fail God for God to now decides to abandon the holy spirit and use humans to do the work as recorded by John?, if you think ppl who died now either go to heaven or hell, what about 2thes4:16?. God bless.

mister , pls dnt dceiv urself or let anybody dcve u. The story of lazarus is a reality. There's nothg like soul sleep etc thnk of jesus comment on d cross to d repentant theif: "today you will b with me in paradise".. So tht theif's spirit was not soul sleepg. If it was a parable, it wud hav been titled d parable of d richman and lazarus. Jesus said lazarus died and was carried to Abraham, if this isnt so Jesus lied.
It must b so.
Apostle paul said he is torn btw 2 options, to die and go be with christ or to stay.. He didnt say to die and soulsleep.
Re: Visits To Heaven And Hell, Is It True? by alexleo(m): 6:40am On May 09, 2013
christemmbassey: it is a pity if someone like you is saying that the story of Lazarus and the rich man actully happened, its a pity, am sorry i have to say that. I thought you will address the issues raised in my earlier post, namely, 1. Has Jesus change his mind on his 2nd coming? 2 has the holy spirit fail God for God to now decides to abandon the holy spirit and use humans to do the work as recorded by John?, if you think ppl who died now either go to heaven or hell, what about 2thes4:16?. God bless.

Its a pity that you believe that the story of lazarus is a parable. Its a pity that you don't believe that Jesus was talking about what happens after death in that story. Its a pity that you are using the statement that Jesus made about going to prepare a place for us to cancel the one that he talked about what happens after death. Its a pity that you people have allowed your emotions and fear of hell to make you to twist this scriptures. Every statement that Jesus made in the bible stands. None cancels the other. Its only you people that are cancelling it to satisfy your no-hell-emotions and am not part of it. Its a pity that you don't know that God speaks to us through dreams and revelations as well. And you are the one interpreting your own way that does it mean he has abandoned the Holy Spirit. God spoke to people in the bible through dreams, revelations or visions as well as through the Holy Spirit directly so why are you dismissing it. My dear feel free to believe whatever you like. When we die then those who have deceived themselves in this issue will know by then but it will be too late to amend. Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christianity And Pagan Ideas. / David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The United Kingdom? / The Foolishness Of Yahweh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.