Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Christianity And Pagan Ideas. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity And Pagan Ideas. (2671 Views)

The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" / Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2013
Mithraism came into the ancient Roman world about 75 BCE., and ranked as a principal competitor of Christianity for 200 years. In addition to a lack of historical support, many characteristics of Jesus, which Christians today believe in, are undeniably similar or identical to religious trends and beliefs that preceded Christianity. There are tens of accounts of pagan gods of many different cultures who were said to have the same attributes as those that Christians claim Jesus had.
Trinity―Trinities were popular in pagan sects before Christianity was introduced to the world. Some of the more well known trinity gods included Mithra-VohuMana-Rashnu, Amen-Mut-Khonsu, and Osiris-Isis-Horus.
Virgin Birth―Among the pagan cultures that preceded Christianity, virgin birth stories abounded. The long list of pagan gods born of virgins includes:RomulusandRemus, Zoroaster, Buddha, Mithras,Chrishna, Osiris-Aion,Agdistis,Attis, Tammuz, Adonis,Korybas,Perseus, and Dionysus.
Disciples―In the following 'saviors' cases, a grouping of disciples was present, just as they were present in Jesus' story: Horus, Buddha,Chrishna, Dionysus, Mithra. Interestingly enough, in the case of Dionysus, his discipleAcoeteswas a boatman, just as Jesus' disciple Peter. And just as Peter was freed from jail when the doors miraculously flew open, so was Dionysus' discipleAcoetes. InBudda'scase, he, like Jesus, demanded that his disciples renounce all worldly possessions. Yet another instance of similarity is that the disciples of both Jesus and Buddha were said to have been arrested for preaching, as well as witnessed to have "walked on water."
Miracles―Among those 'saviors' who, like Jesus, performed countless miracles include: Horus,Chrishna, Buddha, Dionysus, Mithra,Osirus, and Adonis. Horus was said to have walked on water, just as Jesus did. In addition, Horus raised one man, El-Azarus, from the dead in front of countless witnesses. In the case of Buddha, it was told that he fed five hundred men with one loaf of bread, that he cured lepers, and that he caused the blind to see.Dionysusrescued a person from dying when the person was utterly desolate and placed them among the stars. And he gave food and drink, herbs and berries, to the starving people -- not to mention turning water into wine.
The Sun―Here is another common theory, quoted from S.Acharya's"The Origins of Christianity and the Quest for the Historical Jesus:" "The reason why all these pagan narratives are so similar to a "god-man" is that these stories were based on the movements of the sun through the heavens, anastrotheologicaldevelopment that can be found throughout the planet because the sun and the 12 zodiac signs can be observed around the globe.
Paul was supposedly born and raised in the city ofTarsus, a region in SE Asia-Minor (now calledTurkey) where Mithras was well known.Biblical scholars are now saying that Paul, the alleged author of 13 out of the 27 (maybe more) books of the New Testament, may have been influenced in his writings by this strong religion of Mithraism.We can see a profound kinship between Mithraism and Christianity.
In-as-much as Mithraism was so popular inRome, it is no wonder why the pagan Emperor Constantine, who believed in the sun god, Mithras, designated a certain day of the week to him, Sunday, which means,“the day of the sun.”
The original "Christian" faith became a mix of pagan, Mithramic, Jeudeo/Christian teaching. This lead to the confusing mix of theology that we have today within the "Christian" community. This apostacy from the original simple and plain teachings of Christ was accelerated by the persecutions and killings of any who tried to support the "old" ways. Maybe this solves the mystery of the “ungodly” marriage between Mithraism and the cult of Jesus. As it turns out, it was all for political convenience!
That christianity became mixed by pagan practice does not mean that christianity is false or pagan-related.
Please christians try to know more of what you practice and beleive so that other false teachings won't confuse you.
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by thorpido(m): 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
You didn't say pagans eat food and Christians also eat food.

What's this thread about?
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
thorpido: You didn't say pagans eat food and Christians also eat food.

What's this thread about?

am jus tryin to point at xom points non-believers use to deter nd confuse d faith of christains...
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by EvilBrain1(m): 9:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 17, 2013
Whatz dat link for nah...dnt derail oo
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by thorpido(m): 8:01am On Oct 18, 2013
kizmartino:

am jus tryin to point at xom points non-believers use to deter nd confuse d faith of christains...
ok
Jesus is Lord.
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 18, 2013
thorpido: ok
Jesus is Lord.

Absolutely..

Mind u...never take tinx of God as trivialities
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by macof(m): 9:55am On Oct 18, 2013
The Christian trinity has nothing to do with Jesus, holy spirit and God ur Bible doesn't support it
the idea was made by Romans who have always been exposed to the theology of trinity
From Zeus,Poseidon,Hades. Osiris,Isis,Horus. Mithra,Vohumana,Rashnu

It's only logical to claim Yeshua was also part of a trinity

lemme add to ur op
Perseus was nt born of a virgin, his mother was queen of Argus, farther was the great god zeus

Buddha is not a god, he never referred himself as a god, and his disciples never worship him.

He was a man of so much enlightenment, he taught how to achieve inner peace and seek wisdom, yes he performed miracles, but he never called himself son of God, or any god. Buddhist don't worship any God or god they are more into nature forces that's why they meditate to interact with these nature forces.

Dionysus was the Greek god of wine, he invented wine(at least in dat part of the world, cause Obatala invented wine in Africa), he turned water to wine on countless occasions and got drunk often, he had 12 disciples but their main duty was to assist him in wine brewing

Mithra is the real yeshua- yeshua/Jesus you know is an impersonator, he definitely knew all about Mithra since Israel was a Roman colony at that time.

There's no evidence to prove Yeshua died on the cross-he stayed there for only 3hrs, which the normal time was to be 6-8hrs, the Romans did not break his legs like the other two that were crucified with him. He was kept in a tomb, studies show that the Jewish rights of burial were to be under sand.

His body was treated with materials brought by Nicodemus
only his apostles claim to see him after resurrection, and also during ascension

everything is too complex to not be some sort of conspiracy
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 18, 2013
As I had said before..

Jesus is no imposter..

D Romans;inorder to acept christianity,try to giv some of Jesus' attributes to their own god-mithra
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 18, 2013
The story that Jesus appeared to only is disciple is very false..this was anoda means by d jews who didn't accept christianity to falsify its practice
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by macof(m): 12:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
kizmartino: The story that Jesus appeared to only is disciple is very false..this was anoda means by d jews who didn't accept christianity to falsify its practice

Ok I know since you are Christian you are blind to reason and you only believe what is in your Bible.

Tell me where in the Bible did Jesus show himself claiming to have resurected. The apostles alone claim this.

And so convenient for them, but the Jews are no fools, they read right through the plot from the beginning.

The only reason the Romans accepted christianity from the apostles was because they had agreed to switch the name of Mithra and his life experience to yeshua.

The very Vatican church was built as a temple of Mithra, underground it you would see Mithra images and rocks to signify Mithra's presence
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
About the vatican wit mithra's presence dat i dnt know of*wil research more* but I do know dat d relics of st.peter nd odas lies below d vatican...not mithra's

Am sure u've read hw d jews plotted cospiracy against early early christians as it was d true religion..u sure know about Jesus' trial nd hw d Jews try to fnd wrongs..
U've read about hw Jesus resurrected nd came out of His tombs nd d story d soldiers @ d tomb told..nd hw they were paid to keep quiet...

Could all this b made up
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by macof(m): 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
kizmartino: About the vatican wit mithra's presence dat i dnt know of*wil research more* but I do know dat d relics of st.peter nd odas lies below d vatican...not mithra's

Am sure u've read hw d jews plotted cospiracy against early early christians as it was d true religion..u sure know about Jesus' trial nd hw d Jews try to fnd wrongs..
U've read about hw Jesus resurrected nd came out of His tombs nd d story d soldiers @ d tomb told..nd hw they were paid to keep quiet...

Could all this b made up

You read from one person and believe without hearing what the other has to say

Ask the Jews to tell u their side of the story
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by truthman2012(m): 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
@ OP

There is nothing to show that your writeup about those religions you are comparing with Christianity is authentic.

You cannot just copy and paste from the internet the story of people one cannot vouch for their integrity and you expect us to believe them.

Can you show us the Books of those religions, the authors, the Chapter and Verse and so on that point to your assertions? I mean we have the Bible for the Christians and quran for the muslims, what is their own?
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by macof(m): 5:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
truthman2012: @ OP

There is nothing to show that your writeup about those religions you are comparing with Christianity is authentic.

You cannot just copy and paste from the internet the story of people one cannot vouch for their integrity and you expect us to believe them.

Can you show us the Books of those religions, the authors, the Chapter and Verse and so on that point to your assertions? I mean we have the Bible for the Christians and quran for the muslims, what is their own?

When I say Christianity is a religion for fools I mean it in all sincerity

Pagan religions don't have a piece of compiled paper

Paganism is in the heart, it is what you know being a member of that community.

Why publish a book when you expect everyone in the village to know this.

Paganism has no intention for evangelism, pagans don't lie about their religions, it is always as it has been from the beginning

So coming to defend the lie and Fraud which your masters have made for you by requesting for a paganic holy book is stupidity

You think the Bible is more authentic than the history books and oral history of the Persians and Romans.

The Bible is nothing more than the writing of men.

Nothing special, it's no different from any book written by Homers on Greek history

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by truthman2012(m): 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
macof:

When I say Christianity is a religion for fools I mean it in all sincerity

Pagan religions don't have a piece of compiled paper

Paganism is in the heart, it is what you know being a member of that community.

Why publish a book when you expect everyone in the village to know this.

Paganism has no intention for evangelism, pagans don't lie about their religions, it is always as it has been from the beginning

So coming to defend the lie and Fraud which your masters have made for you by requesting for a paganic holy book is stupidity

You think the Bible is more authentic than the history books and oral history of the Persians and Romans.

The Bible is nothing more than the writing of men.

Nothing special, it's no different from any book written by Homers on Greek history

You are very saucy, untrained and uncultured. You must have come from an irresponsible family background. Can you call your father a fool? Is that the teaching of islam. You are not worth to be on this site.
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
Some people are just being blind to the truth nd fact that they will do anyting to prove that christianity is false..

@macof...wer do u even get ur lies frm nd why do u strongly bliv them?
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by macof(m): 12:26am On Oct 19, 2013
kizmartino: Some people are just being blind to the truth nd fact that they will do anyting to prove that christianity is false..

@macof...wer do u even get ur lies frm nd why do u strongly bliv them?

Christianity is the greatest lie ever told

Any intelligent person that is into religious studies would know that

I get my truth from books(bible inclusive), articles and speaking to people from different religions comparing the story and resolving a theory.
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by macof(m): 12:29am On Oct 19, 2013
truthman2012:

You are very saucy, untrained and uncultured. You must have come from an irresponsible family background. Can you call your father a fool? Is that the teaching of islam. You are not worth to be on this site.

This one is your business.
I say what I know, and if I say someone is foolish it's because the person has shown foolishness
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by Nobody: 12:42am On Oct 20, 2013
macof:

Christianity is the greatest lie ever told

Any intelligent person that is into religious studies would know that

I get my truth from books(bible inclusive), articles and speaking to people from different religions comparing the story and resolving a theory.

I see..u've been too deep in ur false knowledge.

Christianity is false?..why are pipo being healed frm infirmities through der christian practice?

Why do many get saved frm der badhabits(smoking etc) ..why do many get peace of mind
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by macof(m): 8:53am On Oct 20, 2013
kizmartino:

I see..u've been too deep in ur false knowledge.

Christianity is false?..why are pipo being healed frm infirmities through der christian practice?

Why do many get saved frm der badhabits(smoking etc) ..why do many get peace of mind

You get that anywhere

It's all a state of mind, if you have in ur mind dat a place of person can help u get rid of some problem it would.

Christians have put it in their minds that church is a place of healing, all their energy goes into this place and projects that healing. It's like an illusion

when ever I have headache, I believe when I take water and rest for as short as 10mins I'll be relieved when some would need panadol and all sorts first

Many people have received healing from fake pastors with no power, it's all about your faith. If you trust something dat becomes ur personal reality but doesn't make it universally true
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 20, 2013
Ehen..so you are saying miracle do not actually exist?

How cn it b illusion..faith alone cnt beget miracle there must be a super natural force.
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by macof(m): 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
kizmartino: Ehen..so you are saying miracle do not actually exist?

How cn it b illusion..faith alone cnt beget miracle there must be a super natural force.

Do u believe you don't need any pastor,imam or Awo in order to acquire healing?

All you need is faith, and thanks to the high level of human consciousness your faith directs all ur energy in such a way that would seem like a miracle to u.

Supernatural forces exist of course, your life is a product of the supernatural

as a Yoruba pagan, I believe I need no one other than my Ori, but I still seek help in prayer to Olodumare when am faced with difficulties

When you pray to God for promotion it's nt as if God would come down to help but just as everything in the universe is connected to God, your boss's mind might be influenced by the energy u project through your faith and prayer.

I don't knw how well u understand me but if u think deep am sure you would
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
I understand you very much..and appreciate your ideas..

But I will still say that pastors,imam etc and religion are very much needed because faith alone can not work wonders there must be a super natural spiritual force,i do not mean forces of nature etc...
God works wonders through His servants..
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by macof(m): 2:38pm On Oct 21, 2013
kizmartino: I understand you very much..and appreciate your ideas..

But I will still say that pastors,imam etc and religion are very much needed because faith alone can not work wonders there must be a super natural spiritual force,i do not mean forces of nature etc...
God works wonders through His servants..

Yed God works wonders through his servants, which everyone is.

Pastors are not better humans than you, half of them are even low life fraudsters and hypocrites.

You would still get ur miracle it's all about faith.

remember the story of Neman the leper who was asked to wash himself in the river Jordan? You think Elishah couldn't have prayed fire and lightening to come down to heal the man.

He simply tested his faith by asking him to wash in a river.

River Jordan was just a river, no extra spiritual force embedded in it, other the natural energy responsible for rivers and seas(which is Yemoja). All yemoja did was connect the energy he projeted from his faith into healing.

Drugs carry no special thing, if you are not blessed by the supernatural forces of the universe no healing can come.

The only thing is that for healing/miracle to occur there has to be a point of contact, that's where the priest can come in, it is only when you don't know what to do that someone you consider wiser than you is needed.

If neman had thought that washing in the river Jordan would bring his healing would he have gone to Elisha?
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 21, 2013
Mind you..neman may not had get his healing if he just went to jordan without elisha's instruction..

Elisha just help him channel his faith in the right direction..that's why religious leaders are important though they may not be special but they've got a calling nd are gifted at least some
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by macof(m): 4:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
kizmartino: Mind you..neman may not had get his healing if he just went to jordan without elisha's instruction..

Elisha just help him channel his faith in the right direction..that's why religious leaders are important though they may not be special but they've got a calling nd are gifted at least some

Lol very funny, you mean Elisha mentioning river Jordan suddenly gave the river healing powers
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 21, 2013
Elisha was trying to prove something..as a servant of God,God worked miracle through his order.

Imagin what it would have been like if neman's faith was so small to attract the force of nature*in your words*

Elisha's order really had a significance.
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by macof(m): 9:59pm On Oct 21, 2013
kizmartino: Elisha was trying to prove something..as a servant of God,God worked miracle through his order.

Imagin what it would have been like if neman's faith was so small to attract the force of nature*in your words*

Elisha's order really had a significance.

The healing had nothing to do with Elijah, except being the giver of advise and promted neman's faith

this is the problem wit u Christians you devalue the nature forces of the universes and give men glory. Typical man worship
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
Am nt givin man any glory..

D healing had alot to do wit him nd ntin lyk nature force..

If u study dat event,neman had no faith at all..xo nature force cnt act on ntin..

Elisha..played a huge role there
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by macof(m): 10:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
kizmartino: Am nt givin man any glory..

D healing had alot to do wit him nd ntin lyk nature force..

If u study dat event,neman had no faith at all..xo nature force cnt act on ntin..

Elisha..played a huge role there

undecided Sorry for u.
You choose to be a man honoring man personality

You give Elisha all the glory for a healing when he didn't even show up to the sick man but just tested his faith

You say neman had no faith? Are u a joker? He refused to do as Elijah advised initially cus he felt disrespected to not be attended by Elisha but a mere servant delivering the message. If he didn't have faith he wouldn't have been healed, it's common sense.

I can open a church and perform miracles, while screaming the powerless name of Jesus as long as people believe I am for real and I in High craftiness and intelligence knows that all I need is faith.

Nothing like holy spirit chatting with pastors, nothing like pastors performing miracles it's all an illusion.

The forces of nature would work whether u recognize them or not, they control ur life everyday but u are too blind to see it.
Re: Christianity And Pagan Ideas. by cold(m): 11:28pm On Oct 21, 2013
The truth is the story of Jesus Christ is nothing but a plagiarised version of the Isis Horus god that lived 5000 years before the story of Christ was concocted. Everything about Christianity was drawn from ancient pagan beliefs that existed at the time. Sadly,95% of Christians would never know this because they don't even read their bibles not to talk of other research materials. Whilst some know the truth but remain quiet or in denial for their own selfish reasons. Slowly but surely the truth will unravel itself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

STOP OVERHYPING GOD... What You Should Know. / Question For JW And Other Pacifist Organizations / Generational Curse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.