Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,767 members, 7,824,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola (1147 Views)

Tunde Bakare Worried That APC Govt Is Finding It Difficult To Bring "Change" / Dele Momodu Writes Buhari, Says Nigerians Are Lamenting / How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by touchmehard: 4:45pm On May 07, 2013
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State has described Nigerians as very difficult people to please just as he says insecurity remains the greatest challenge confronting the nation.
Fashola spoke on Monday at the St Saviour’s Anglican Church, Tafawa Balewa Square, Marina, Lagos, southwest Nigeria during the church’s 32nd Synod.
He lamented that people complained too much instead of helping the government to solve the problems at hand.
“Nigerians are very difficult people to please. When Nigerians were complaining of incessant harassment by policemen at checkpoints, they were dismantled by the Inspector General of Police. The same Nigerians are now complaining that the absence of the checkpoints have aided the free operation of criminals on the roads.
“The same scenario is playing out on the issue of ban by the police of the indiscriminate use of tinted glasses by motorist, which has been taken advantage of by criminals. The people are now accusing the police of being highhanded on the issue,” he said.

Fashola added that insecurity in the nation is becoming a huge mountain to climb, adding that “our greatest challenge today is insecurity. Just a few minutes ago, there were reports of people who have been killed in Taraba State and over the weekend some people died in Bayelsa State.
“In the last week, the number of lives that have been lost to violence and insecurity must bring any serious people into a sense of sobriety and a very serious question about what direction our country is heading,” the Governor said.
He urged the people not to engage in the wholesale condemnation of the security agencies in the light of what is going on in the country, stressing that the issues of whether they had been given the tools needed for their job and whether the society really cared for them should agitate the minds of the people.
“How many of us on Christmas or Ileya festivals have remembered the police station near us by giving the officers a cooler of rice? It may not fill them but such gesture would remain evergreen for them. It will give them commitment to go and protect us.
“Let us show some concern. Let us find our humanity back. We are too detached from the reality of our society. A lot of care and love would bring down the anger and hate that is seeping through our land. It should not be the survival of the fittest anymore but the survival of the greatest majority. It should be a case of everyone pulling up the next person so that we can march forward together as a people who truly fear God,” he stated.

He also urged the people to resist the urge to hold a telephone line that is not registered in their name and charged the phone companies to help the government by not issuing SIM cards without identity and background checks, saying the possibility of some people owning as many as ten telephone lines without any being registered in their names portends grave dangers.

The governor emphasized that Nigerians must love their country and treat it as a home and cited the example of the major breakthrough recorded by Nigerian Police Force recently at Badiya in Lagos which prevented a major crime from being committed, adding that instead of commendations, the general outcry was that Lagos was under a siege.
He said when a similar scenario played out in Boston in the United States, the crime could not be nipped in the bud but took place and that if the two scenarios were placed side by side and given the resources and equipment at the disposal of the Nigeria Police compared to its Boston counterpart, he would cast his lot behind the Nigerian Police for a job well done.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=100187
Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by tpia5: 4:47pm On May 07, 2013
True talk, sir.
Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 07, 2013
Rossik is prolly fashola on Nairaland
Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by PointB: 4:49pm On May 07, 2013
Let's assume GEJ made the same comment. What will be the reaction of the ACN/APC goons? undecided undecided undecided

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by seunfly: 5:05pm On May 07, 2013
PointB: Let's assume GEJ made the same comment. What will be the reaction of the ACN/APC goons? undecided undecided undecided
They are opposition and that is what opposition does any where in the world, they look for ruling parties weakness to garner support 4 themselves.
It is a shame that we average Nigerian can't handle criticism with out taking it as enemity, tribal or religious.
I guess that is one of the reason why our developments is slow, cos criticism improves our perfomance.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by headtoto: 5:36pm On May 07, 2013
If GEJ made this statement? They will ask him to put on his boxers and resign - they will call him names unprintable.
Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by solomon111(m): 9:44pm On May 07, 2013
seunfly:
They are opposition and that is what opposition does any where in the world, they look for ruling parties weakness to garner support 4 themselves.
It is a shame that we average Nigerian can't handle criticism with out taking it as enemity, tribal or religious.
I guess that is one of the reason why our developments is slow, cos criticism improves our perfomance.
Criticism in this part of the world is actually destructive in nature.
It's often-times personal and riddled with insults.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by solomon111(m): 9:49pm On May 07, 2013
Btw,a state governor is complaining that Nigerians are difficult to please.
I wonder what he will do if he becomes president?
He will probably run mad from the "NORTH VS SOUTH" , "MUSLIM VS CHRISTIAN" , "MINORITY VS MAJORITY" ,"MEND VS BOKOHARAM" conundrum.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 07, 2013
solomon111: Btw,a state governor is complaining that Nigerians are difficult to please.
He will probably run mad from the "NORTH VS SOUTH" , "MUSLIM VS CHRISTIAN" , "MINORITY VS MAJORITY" ,"MEND VS BOKOHARAM" conundrum.

His complains seem to be in support of the FG you know?!
Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by idupaul: 10:15pm On May 07, 2013
I know one day Fashola will go to jail alongside his Principal for using some ancient Juju to hold members of a city in deceit
Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by Guapo(m): 10:16pm On May 07, 2013
seunfly:
thanks for this brilliant post. this isn't rocket science, but why people dont understand these things is way beyond comprehension.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by Guapo(m): 10:18pm On May 07, 2013
double post fixed
Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by PapaBrowne(m): 10:25pm On May 07, 2013
seunfly:
Interesting kind of thinking.
So opposition is allowed to attack and criticize but others are not allowed to do same.
This is the height of hypocrisy.
Constructive criticism is welcome everywhere, but criticizing even postive things because you dont like the Government is just plain sick and absurd.

If something is good, you say it is good. If something is bad, you say it is bad.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by tomakint: 10:26pm On May 07, 2013
solomon111: Btw,a state governor is complaining that Nigerians are difficult to please.
You sef dey see am so! They think Jonathan is on a rocking chair not knowing that the seat is actually a hot one! If a governor is lamenting like this I wonder what he would say if he happens to be the President! Nice observation Baba Fasho, but awa o ko yen je o, it is Jonathan till 2019 cool
Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by dayokanu(m): 10:36pm On May 07, 2013
PointB: Let's assume GEJ made the same comment. What will be the reaction of the ACN/APC goons? undecided undecided undecided

Is Retardeen Jonathan even sensible enough to piece up his thoughts in a coherent sentence. Snippets that have come out of his mouth have been complete disspotments that even a Primary School Student would be ashamed of.

Gems like "Pray for criminals to confess", "Terrorism happens everywhere in the world", "I am not declaring my asset and I dont give a damn"

They are mentioning intellectuals and this one wan smuggle Retardeen Jonathan inside.

Bros if dem leave you, You go push plane start o

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 07, 2013
Nigerians complained about the comatose rail system, Jonathan fixed it, and he became 'retardened' for not fixing electric rail.

Oga Fash, you never see anything!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by solomon111(m): 11:46pm On May 07, 2013
kenis: Nigerians complained about the comatose rail system, Jonathan fixed it, and he became 'retardened' for not fixing electric rail.

Oga Fash, you never see anything!
lol.
Indeed,the guy never see anything.
Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by solomon111(m): 11:50pm On May 07, 2013
dayokanu:

Is Retardeen Jonathan even sensible enough to piece up his thoughts in a coherent sentence. Snippets that have come out of his mouth have been complete disspotments that even a Primary School Student would be ashamed of.

Gems like "Pray for criminals to confess", "Terrorism happens everywhere in the world", "I am not declaring my asset and I dont give a damn"

They are mentioning intellectuals and this one wan smuggle Retardeen Jonathan inside.

Is this your rebuttal to his post?
That GEJ cannot complain or lament as convincingly as fashola?
You are a cretinn.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by CROWE: 12:06am On May 08, 2013

I would tell you that Fashola's projects are hands on so the support of the people makes a difference, this is not the case with GEJ's projects, we mostly just hear about them, they are not on our streets and this is fine, it is exactly how it should be except our streets will never change like they do in Lagos (It is slow even there) unless the government sof the other states are not empowered, only GEJ can make that happen so he cannot make the same argument "even if it doesn't fly" when he clearly has not tried enough nor has he tried the right things.
Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by redsun(m): 12:13am On May 08, 2013
Did i just hear fashola encouraging corruption by advising the people to give police coolers of rice? Abi him don weree too like tinubu?

His speech seem incohesive.Like he is trying to buy the favour of the law enforcement.Like he is scared.
Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by headtoto: 6:32am On May 08, 2013
dayokanu:

I am sure you copied and pasted this. You always do meaningless two liners. But this one, you surprise yourself, I am sure. Re.tar.d.
Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by Acidosis(m): 6:40am On May 08, 2013
LOL!

Even when he didn't utter a word, some persons are already calling him "re. tard££n"

Nigerians are really difficult to please..
Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by ochukoccna: 6:48am On May 08, 2013
Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by Scarpon(m): 9:26am On May 08, 2013
difficult and greedy too
Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by Pifa: 9:21pm On May 11, 2013
[quote author=redsun]Did i just hear fashola encouraging corruption by advising the people to give police coolers of rice?

You're not hallucinating. That is exactly what he was suggesting. It’s rather disappointing to read a statement like that from a lawyer and the chief executive of the state of Lagos.
Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by oddy4real(m): 9:34pm On May 11, 2013
dayokanu:

this guy is intellectually deficient
Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by tomakint: 10:01pm On May 11, 2013
oddy4real:
this guy is intellectually deficient
And he claimed he studied Chemical Engineering at OAU, Ile ife undecided
Re: Nigerians Are Too Difficult To Please – Fashola by gramci: 10:51pm On May 11, 2013
tomakint:
And he claimed he studied Chemical Engineering at OAU, Ile ife undecided

its possible, after all his elder brother holds B.Eng Electricity Engineering Uni Ilorin, M.Sc Google Engineering

(1) (Reply)

Gen. Ateke Tom Leads Ex Militants Against Ameachi. / New Islamic Sect In Nigeria Named Kala Kato / Army: Over 150 Boko Haram Insurgents, 15 Soldiers Killed In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.