Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

13 Health Benefits Of Garlic - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic (65570 Views)

10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Beer / How To Treat A Vaginal Infection With A Clove Of Garlic / What Are The Benefits Of Garlic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 07, 2013
Used and approved by our fore-fathers and fathers till this present day, authenticated by Science to be the most powerful root plant ever known to man; scientifically proven to cure and prevent most diseases and sicknesses than any natural herb in the world.

The only natural herb known to contain enough power potent enough to fight Cancer cells in the human body is ‘GARLIC’.

Recognised by its unpleasant smell, Garlic is very rich in sugars, proteins, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, iodine, silicone, vitamins A, C, B1, B2, B3, sulphur compounds, and oil soluble nutrients.

Compounds found in Garlic

Presence of Sulphur in Garlic is the cause of its pungent smell. However, the quality of Garlic cannot be overridden due to this smell.

Allicin is a natural antibiotic found in garlic. Proven to be stronger than tetracycline and penicillin.

AJOENE is another compound found in Garlic which impedes the formation of blood clots in the arteries. Thus, helps to prevent Stroke and control cholesterols levels in the blood.

Garlic is also very rich in SELENIUM. This indispensable element is used in the neutralisation of free radicals which helps to prevent several illnesses.

Selenium is an antioxidant, helping to slow the effect of cell oxidation and Aging

Combined with vitamin A and E, the rejuvenating power of Seleniun and Ajoene are increased.

Another compound found in Garlic is called SAPONIN. This compound also helps to lower blood pressure, thus preventing stroke.

Fructose is also found in garlic. It helps to stimulate the immune system.

Below are the numerous health benefits of Garlic.

1. REDUCTION OF FAT IN THE BLOOD – It has been demonstrated and proven that Garlic promotes a decrease of low density lipoprotein (dangerous) from about 7% to 22%. And increases high density protein (favourable) from 15% to 31%. In addition, it lowers cholesterol and triglycerides from 15% to 20%.

2. PREVENTS HYPERTENSION – Garlic acts as a vasodilator which helps to widen the blood vessels, making blood flow smoother. This helps to lower blood pressure. Experiment shows signs of this effect in more than 75% of people and patients.

3. HEART RELAXANT – Garlic regulates the cardiac rhythm of the heart, helping to avoid Arrhythmia. This is beneficial for people who have accelerated heart rate and Cardiac Arrhythmia.

4. ANTI-DIABETIC – Garlic is a huge help with people living with diabetes and helps to prevent it as well because it helps to lower the glucose in the blood. This is due to the fact that it increases the secretion of Insulin. Insulin is in charge of regulating normal sugar levels in the blood.

5. DIGESTIVE AID – Taking Garlic prevents the blockage of gastric pancreatic and intestinal juices which are responsible for digesting the nutrients. It also helps to promote, relax and tone the Digestive system.

6. MUSCLE TONER – Muscles can be toned by taking Garlic which then can sustain an extra amount of work. It is also a great muscle relaxant. The Babylonians in 3000BC can attest to the vigor and extra vitality Garlic gives to their work force.

7. LUNGS DECONGESTANT – Garlic works as a great lung decongestant helping to loosen the harmful, infectious secretion of bronchial tubes. In addition, it helps to prevent head colds and flu. Garlic plus some Chilli pepper work as good expectorants.

8. ANTIBIOTIC AND GERMICIDAL POWER – Garlic is very effective in destroying bacteria like staphylococcus, streptococcus, salmonella, and other germs that cause diarrhoea, Gastrointestinal and Bronchio-pulmonary infection. It also works on fungi like Ringworm and Candidiasis.

9. HYPERTHYROIDISM – Garlic contains a lot of iodine which helps people who suffer from Hyperthyroid, a deficiency of this mineral.

10. ANTIRHEUMATIC – Ground garlic mixed with hot aloe lotion calms and eases pain caused by inflamed and aching joints, a result of Rheumatism.

11. PARASITIC WORMS – Cloves of garlic have been used to get rid of Oxyuriasis (intestinal worm) in children, working quite well to completely eliminate amoebas.

12. DIURETIC – Garlic is highly diuretic due to its essential oils and its low molecular weight sugars.

13. ARTERIOSCLEROSIS AND THROMBOSIS – Studies reveal that the ingestion of Garlic daily during the month diminishes coagulation and the destruction of clots from 72 % to 85%.

So, the question is: would you rather choose life and smell foul or would you smell nice while your health is foul?

Go ahead, take a bold step, bite on garlic and let the smell chase diseases and sickness, this is more important than the people it will chase away!

http://www.freshfactorherbal.com/magazine/2011/12/11/the-13-health-benefits-of-garlic/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by wandapickrell: 2:59am On May 08, 2013
Great share. Garlic is one of our first aid treatment and it is always available in our home. It is good in treating minor wounds and could be a first aid for hypertension.
Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by Nobody: 7:10am On May 09, 2013
wandapickrell: Great share. Garlic is one of our first aid treatment and it is always available in our home. It is good in treating minor wounds and could be a first aid for hypertension.
yeah u ryt.....its one of d best readily available home remedy with great importance and value
Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by Nobody: 7:13am On May 09, 2013
i dont know if d mods can pls forward this to the front page.....for more awareness and health benefits to other members of this forum coz.....many do ignore it becoz of d odour

1 Like

Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by Born2beRich1(m): 9:39am On May 15, 2013
@OP unless you change your username dont expect much posts...I wonder why the mods moved this to front page this is unpatriotic no matter the situation in the country...SMH

9 Likes

Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by 50calibre(m): 9:40am On May 15, 2013
Highly medicinal, but stinks like hell. The Indians assault my nose after eating it.
Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by dridowu: 9:42am On May 15, 2013
I 8 d odour
Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by Decapo: 9:42am On May 15, 2013
OK!!! NOTED
Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by Nobody: 9:43am On May 15, 2013
Mcheww just the look of the picture makes me want to throw up. #VOMIT
Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by Janiobi(m): 9:43am On May 15, 2013
embarassed that stiff day smell die, how can i enjoy eating somtin that my nose hate?
Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by untainted: 9:45am On May 15, 2013
Please which is more effective, eaten raw or cooked?

2 Likes

Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by Lagusta(m): 9:48am On May 15, 2013
garlic? one of the best herbs known to man....

my mom trained me to always eat a clove of galic every morning before brushing my teeth, i never smelt a hospital then, but when i gained admission, after a month, come and see combo of malariotyphoid!!!! gringrin

garlic is very good, eat it, brush afterwards, the best mouthwash ever!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by Hollyb(f): 9:49am On May 15, 2013
I peel it and take it lyk drug cos i also hate its smell
Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by Lagusta(m): 9:54am On May 15, 2013
untainted: Please which is more effective, eaten raw or cooked?

both are ok, but if u can eat it raw, its better.....
Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by Nobody: 10:00am On May 15, 2013
untainted: Please which is more effective, eaten raw or cooked?
Raw....
Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by lifestyle1(m): 10:05am On May 15, 2013
I eat it raw
Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by temhab(f): 10:05am On May 15, 2013
soak it in water n take half glass. It is good for menstrual n stomach pain

1 Like

Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by azpekuliar: 10:06am On May 15, 2013
I appreciate the health benefits of Garlic. I hope its ok to chop them into bits and swallow them like drugs, unlike my dad I can't just chew them!
Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by Lakayana: 10:13am On May 15, 2013
I love galic to a fault I can almost drink gari with it yet my bp still goes up once in a while I am even addicted to exercise.
Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by Toks2008(m): 10:15am On May 15, 2013
Let me give you ladies this vital info.

Try to eat a clove of garlic each night before you sleep or at least three nights in a week and you will never have to fear cancer of any type.

There are many health benefits of garlic that are not even listed here. It cured my terrible toot ache.

Best way to take it,

just before you sleep, pill a clove and eat it raw then brush your teeth afterwards. In the morning the odor should reduce totally after brushing. It is very effective for those with mouth odour.

In-fact the best natural remedies for many ailments and its known as the best natural antibiotics in the world.

4 Likes

Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by 2ruink(m): 10:21am On May 15, 2013
I eat garlic virtually every day but my fear right now is: since garlic is such a strong root, it could turn that it has an overdose and perhaps, a bad effect eaten too much.
Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by Optimisticgondy(m): 10:29am On May 15, 2013
I usually took chopped ones at night some years back and it worked greatly for my health. The problem I had with people then was their complaints about ''something smelling like dead rat'' each time I opened my mouth to talk. Maybe it was as a result of not brushing my teeth after taking it then.
Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by Damojo: 10:47am On May 15, 2013
who are these razz people talking abour the foul smell? Havent u guys heard of odourless garlic??
Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by Walexz02(m): 10:48am On May 15, 2013
Abeg are there any other methods one can use in taking garlic? I hate its smell when it is taken raw
Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by idriis: 10:51am On May 15, 2013
After eating garlic you'll instantly get confused from ur brain cells to ur stomach. But in a while you start getting the message.

3 Likes

Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by obafemee80(m): 10:54am On May 15, 2013
It is very medicinal and the pungent smell it gives can b reduced by taken HONEY together with it.

1 Like

Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by freecocoa(f): 11:01am On May 15, 2013
Hmm I don't know if I can even cook with garlic let alone chew it raw.

I always rejected any food mum cooked with garlic in it, sometimes she even tried using force but for where, I just can't stand the smell.

1 Like

Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by Nobody: 11:05am On May 15, 2013
If you want to fart very well..take lots of garlic.
Re: 13 Health Benefits Of Garlic by Toks2008(m): 11:11am On May 15, 2013
Let me give you ladies this vital info.

Try to eat a clove of garlic each night before you sleep or at least three nights in a week and you will never have to fear cancer of any type.

There are many health benefits of garlic that are not even listed here. It cured my terrible toot ache.

Best way to take it,

just before you sleep, pill a clove and chew it raw not swallow to release the allicin(active component)then brush your teeth afterwards. In the morning the odor should reduce totally after brushing. It is very effective for those with mouth odor.

In-fact the best natural remedies for many ailments and its known as the best natural antibiotics in the world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Head Is Getting Bald And It Is Making Me Feel Depressed,pls Help! / Rwandan Mother Cries Out Over Her 2 Children Who Increase In Size Daily (Video) / Nlanders In Field Of Health I Need Help Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.