Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,734 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi. (1260 Views)

2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje / Ekiti State LG Election To Be Held On 19th Dec 2015 - Gov Ayo Fayose / PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 3:49pm On May 08, 2013
Rivers State Governor Amaechi has debunked rumors circulating that he plans to contest the 2015 presidency against the incumbent, President Jonathan.

Speaking in Houston, Texas during a town hall meeting with Rivers State community, Gov Amaechi said he would not contest the election the President, if he runs because they are from the same region.

The governor emphasized that it is normal for him to have contrary views on some topics against the president, but it does not transcend to hatred.

Gov Amaechi described the president as a good man whom he respects, adding that this clarification should put to rest insinuations about his possible ambition to run for the presidecny against the incumbent.

http://africansearchlight.com/i-cannot-contest-against-jonathan-in-2015-gov-amaechi/
Re: I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi. by alexchiny: 4:02pm On May 08, 2013
Buhahahahahahahaha. See fear ooo. Noted Mr Amaechi.

3 Likes

Re: I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi. by SOHKAHTOA: 4:22pm On May 08, 2013
Can this be Amaechi or someone impersonated him? Who says the Obasanjo style is not the way to curtail loose canons like Amaechi who lack respect and not cultured? Well whether he makes up or not he is labelled a traitor and would be dealth with at the right time..

3 Likes

Re: I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi. by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 08, 2013
Governor Amaechi is clearly confused. Today he'll say he can contest in 2015, tomorrow he'll say he wont contest if bla, bla, bla. Which do we believe?

What I noticed that Amaechi is arrogant and politically stubborn. Even if he wants to contest as VP in 2015, there are better ways of doing it rather than this open confrontation with the president.

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi. by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 08, 2013
Nza, the wiry bird, after a heavy meal, forgot himself and threw a wrestling match challenge to his chi. The latter laughed in a guttural voice while Nza danced around in the arena, with his shiny belly in tow.
In one swift movement, Nza was seized by the tail and smashed on the stony earth by his chi. The fight ended before it began and the animals ,who looked forward to an entertaining evening, blamed Nza for being unwise and daring too far!

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi. by 1MCN: 5:48pm On May 08, 2013
I've always believed it that it cant be commonsensical to Amaechi if he insists on running for that post or worst still as an underline to another person. The damage he'll be causing himself and his family will be monumental and even his Rivers and indeed entire niger delta brothers wont forgive him.
Maybe he has tested his percieved "rascality" (rascality here isnt my personal judgement) with the president and has come to know that he was heading for political hades.
If he doesnt run, it's my prediction that he'll either be a senator or be given a ministry. #Smiles# But God help the north if it's the Petroluem ministry. I'll leave that at that.
If he doesnt run for presdiency he'll most likely become a key actor in the camp of GEJ alongside Alams in the run up of 2015 elections.
But on the lighter mood, now those guys dieing of fear and apprehension and trepidation about what damages his recalciterant ambition to run could cost their oga GEJ can now take a cup of Amarula and icecubes. Lol. No mind me oo.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi. by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 08, 2013
Amechi, noooooooo

Come and contest against Jonathan oooo!

Nonsense!
Re: I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi. by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 08, 2013
After the posters of you and Lamido are seen pasted in some states, you wanna back out? Amaechi no fall my hand o!
Re: I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi. by Abagworo(m): 6:33pm On May 08, 2013
From my random sampling, Jonathan at the moment cannot get up to 5% legitimate vote in Port Harcourt.
Re: I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi. by ckkris: 6:47pm On May 08, 2013
Dey Gbam and Dey Well just had a little showdown at Ogbakiri. Asari group has not started shooting. Ateke Tom has not weighed in. Game never even start. The youths are well-armed and waiting. Make Amechi no spoil show o.
Re: I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi. by dayokanu(m): 6:50pm On May 08, 2013
Maybe he is saying Jonathan wont even contest.

That means he would never go against Jonathan
Re: I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi. by ckkris: 6:50pm On May 08, 2013
Abagworo: From my random sampling, Jonathan at the moment cannot get up to 5% legitimate vote in Port Harcourt.
O yea? Maybe Buhari or Tinubu will get the usual 100%.
Re: I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi. by otokx(m): 7:03pm On May 08, 2013
We have heard.
Re: I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi. by phantom(m): 7:19pm On May 08, 2013
Did he ever say he would contest against him before?
Re: I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi. by OmoTier1(m): 7:37pm On May 08, 2013
Any sane human being will know that Amaechi's statement does not tell you obvious. Those that think Amaechi is afraid better think again. Like I have said, wait for the unfolding of the drama that will sweep the carpet off GEJ's feet come 2014.
Re: I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi. by Demdem(m): 11:57pm On May 08, 2013
phantom: Did he ever say he would contest against him before?

Million dollar question. Fools keep talking about betrayal but when asked specifically what this betrayal is, they go dumb.
Re: I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi. by Scarpon(m): 12:05am On May 09, 2013
that his own problems

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Babatunde Fashola's Father / Obasanjo Attacks Atiku / Rauf Aregbesola To Replace Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.