Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,300 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Uk's Hatred For Nigerian Music - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Uk's Hatred For Nigerian Music (2521 Views)

Nigerian Music Chart[3rd Feb To 6th Feb] / Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk's Hatred For Nigerian Music by Tattooboy: 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2008
Its unfair don't u think so
UK believes South Africa is the only african country  undecided

I taught it was a mistake when i was watching MTV UK, in the "World Chart Express" Sharn's Video "Julie" came second, instead of putting Nigeria in the above name of the Artiste(Sharn) it was South Africa. The Same thing today when Ikechukwu's new video "Wine Am Well" came 3rd is still the same South Africa. This just gotta stop undecided and Fast!!!!

We're the best Musical Nation in Africa and i also believe where better than UK(indeed we are) they just can't take it away from us.
Re: Uk's Hatred For Nigerian Music by javalove(m): 7:31pm On Apr 18, 2008
Dem dey craze, aw many of dem musicians better pass Modenine, ASA, Gino and all,
Re: Uk's Hatred For Nigerian Music by deola1(m): 8:20pm On Apr 18, 2008
I wonder o, don't stupid people, na God go punish 'em undecided
Re: Uk's Hatred For Nigerian Music by youngdigi(m): 6:27am On Apr 19, 2008
Tattooboy:

Where the best Musical Country in Africa and i also believe where better than UK(indeed we are) they just can't take it away from us.

dude i was reading everything u wrote until i got to this point, then i realized how dumb and ignorant u are, why de fukk are nigerians cocky for nothing?? what the fukk has naija music accomplished and u people ae runnin your mouth talkin about u make better music than uk artists, u should b slapped bitterly for that rubbish statement, do u listen to music or do u just skim through it? besides Asa, which nigerian artist has anythig reasonable in their lyrical content today? eevryone seems to be more concerned about making joli music and groupies instead of sensible music

when u mention enough naija artists to match up Corinne Bailey Rae, Leonna Lewis, Amy Winehouse, Estelle, James Blunt, then i can come back and read your post, rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Uk's Hatred For Nigerian Music by DisGuy: 6:56am On Apr 19, 2008
Tattooboy:

Its unfair don't u think so
UK believes South Africa is the only african country undecided

I taught it was a mistake when i was watching MTV UK, in the "World Chart Express" Sharn's Video "Julie" came second, instead of putting Nigeria in the above name of the Artiste(Sharn) it was South Africa. The Same thing today when Ikechukwu's new video "Wine Am Well" came 3rd is still the same South Africa. This just gotta stop undecided and Fast!!!!

Where the best Musical Country in Africa and i also believe where better than UK(indeed we are) they just can't take it away from us.

you don't even understand dude!!! most Nigerians only listen to Nigerian music anyway, imagine nigerian artist flying to SA to shoot video, patriotic or what?
Re: Uk's Hatred For Nigerian Music by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 19, 2008
young_digi:

dude i was reading everything u wrote until i got to this point, then i realized how dumb and ignorant u are, why de fukk are nigerians cocky for nothing?? what the fukk has naija music accomplished and u people ae runnin your mouth talkin about u make better music than uk artists, u should b slapped bitterly for that rubbish statement, do u listen to music or do u just skim through it? besides Asa, which nigerian artist has anythig reasonable in their lyrical content today? eevryone seems to be more concerned about making joli music and groupies instead of sensible music

when u mention enough naija artists to match up Corinne Bailey Rae, Leonna Lewis, Amy Winehouse, Estelle, James Blunt, then i can come back and read your post, rubbish

o boy, i owe u bottle of maltina. although u mentioned some big names. i was wondering how many of our nigerian artist are as good as some up coming Uk artists. talk of wiley and his group, lethal bizzle, chipmunk, kano to name but a few.

sometime these pple talk out of their asses.
Re: Uk's Hatred For Nigerian Music by swiftycool(m): 10:24am On Apr 19, 2008
young_digi:

C'mon men, this aint about beef. Sure Uk musicians rock, but thats because they got all d resources to get the best products
professional writers, video producers, Voice trainers, choreographers, make up artists, marketters and shit

we gotta give it up 4 our Naija guys, despite the rip off by Kenny and D1 and our complete lack of resources
they still show up n outstanding level of talent, u can immagine the outcome if they were invested upon big time.

To u UK dudes, don't u see how the clubs rock whenever they throw in some hot naija jams, check out Tiger Tiger don't u realise thats Y the club is always full even though u gotta pay. Now most clubs like Espionage and the rest are actually introducing Afro Hip Hop as a necessary brand topull d crowds and dedicating nights to it.

i Dont know what u yankee ones wake up too, but here we be representing Naija live "we 're Nigerians we represent the area we from,we spit tight in our mother toungue!" and we R loving it!
Re: Uk's Hatred For Nigerian Music by Florency(m): 10:28am On Apr 19, 2008
Hey young digi. I know you , you are the paedophile who rape da children in my village . you will go to hell. EVERY ONE OUT DER, DIS MAN IS DANGEROUS TO YOUR CHILDREN.
Re: Uk's Hatred For Nigerian Music by Tattooboy: 2:32pm On Apr 19, 2008
Florency:

Hey young digi. I know you , you are the paedophile who rape da children in my village . you will go to hell. EVERY ONE OUT DER, DIS MAN IS DANGEROUS TO YOUR CHILDREN.   
Bad boy

@Young digi
U're very stupid for calling ur Momma a dump. My main point is why Putting S/A instead of Nigeria u fool(Young digi stupid).
Re: Uk's Hatred For Nigerian Music by youngdigi(m): 3:34pm On Apr 19, 2008
Tattooboy:

@Young digi
You're very stupid for calling your Momma a dump. My main point is why Putting S/A instead of Nigeria u fool(Young digi stupid).

unfortunately u were too carried away that if that was ur point u shud have seen that its part of the things i read/agreed with before i realized the ignorant statement u made about being better than uk artists, that is a dumb thing to say, period, u can live or die with it

swifty broke it down properly naija ppl get so carried away about our music and utterly think its the best thing in the world, when yet we are still improving, and have a damn well long way to go, fyi i am a fan of naija music as well before u come in here callin me a sellout, it is totally cool if u feel that way but it becomes stupid and ultimately dumb when u decide to go compare naija music on a globally productive scale to an industry who produced the beatles, dude do u honestly know what u are saying? pls just have a coke and a smile and shut the fukk up
Re: Uk's Hatred For Nigerian Music by lucabrasi(m): 7:22pm On Apr 19, 2008
swiftycool:

C'mon men, this aint about beef. Sure Uk musicians rock, but thats because they got all d resources to get the best products
professional writers, video producers, Voice trainers, choreographers, make up artists, marketters and shit

we gotta give it up 4 our Naija guys, despite the rip off by Kenny and D1 and our complete lack of resources
they still show up n outstanding level of talent, u can immagine the outcome if they were invested upon big time.

To u UK dudes, don't u see how the clubs rock whenever they throw in some hot naija jams, check out Tiger Tiger don't u realise thats Y the club is always full even though u gotta pay. Now most clubs like Espionage and the rest are actually introducing Afro Hip Hop as a necessary brand topull d crowds and dedicating nights to it.

i Dont know what u yankee ones wake up too, but here we be representing Naija live "we 're Nigerians we represent the area we from,we spit tight in our mother toungue!" and we R loving it!

totally agree wid you dude,plus i think wat d guy s tryna say is that nigerian artise r better than either sa or uk black artise.and i think we r acknowledged or not by mtv base uk,its only a matter of time before they wont have any choice, as we are breaking borders fater that you can think
Re: Uk's Hatred For Nigerian Music by ztyle(m): 7:35pm On Apr 19, 2008
I don't give a damn Naija music all the way~! angry
Re: Uk's Hatred For Nigerian Music by mrjuwon: 1:54am On Apr 20, 2008
Naija music no doubt rocks. We are still improving but that would take a while considering the fact tat I almost got lynched for saying P Square r not as good as some of the naija artists. Apparently they started a movement according to some people but I digress you see. Anyway, I remember sending in a message to MTV sometime ago about the South Africa and Nigeria mess up. I might have to send it again and probably keep sending it till i flood their boxes. it is a piss take.
To the person who wrote better than UK musicians, wow, I understand we Nigerians don't take to grime and some other type music but why soo blunt. I cannot be asked to even defend this as I would assume you made a typo. Amy winehous, Miss Bailey, Remi Nicole, THE STREETS, Skepta ad JME (who are nigerian brothers by the way but most of our people do not support them cuz they do grime , seriiously Boy BETTER KNOW!!!!) lol, gush

Naija music rocks but we need to open ours small

BUT I STAND THAT WE ARE BETTER THAN SOUTH AFRICA IN ALL FORM, yes i said it. I like that Ladysmith Black Mumba group or whatever they are called South Africa gets props for that
Re: Uk's Hatred For Nigerian Music by deola1(m): 3:02pm On Apr 21, 2008
watever cool
Re: Uk's Hatred For Nigerian Music by Trueyarn(m): 2:11am On Feb 01, 2017
Fast forward... 9 fvcking years later and we the best in the world baby... Afrobeat is now global...

(1) (Reply)

Fmp Leak: Davido - Ekuro / [audio + Video] Runtown – Angel Ft. Fireboy DML / Do You Know Any Song With Sisi Ologe In Chorus?, Possibly Featuring Project X?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.