Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,995 members, 7,841,815 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Fellow Atheists, Have You Ever Given This A Thought? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fellow Atheists, Have You Ever Given This A Thought? (3263 Views)

My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. / Atheists Have A Religion / Do Atheists Have Hope? What Is Their Purpose In Life? What Keeps Atheists Alive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fellow Atheists, Have You Ever Given This A Thought? by Nobody: 8:12am On May 11, 2013
plaetton:

Pray tell.
Re: Fellow Atheists, Have You Ever Given This A Thought? by Ozegbe(m): 8:16am On May 11, 2013
*Kails*:

interesting.
but why the assumption that God (who is indeed smarter than us all..and is not a primate sir! angry) does not care about us?
well the relìgious folks have been trying to explain how he cares and when they do that they leave us more confused than enlightened
Re: Fellow Atheists, Have You Ever Given This A Thought? by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 11, 2013
plaetton:

Cant you see the glaring contradictions in your above post?
In other words, faith is given or bestowed to christians. Right?
Who are christians ? People who share a faith in christ. right?
So what else is new?
Faith is bestowed when someone is born again?
Islamic faith, for example , is also bestowed when someone is born again?

Is faith not just another word for mentally reconfiguring one's mind to accept that he or might not have ordinarily accepted?
What is the difference between you and I? You have faith and I don't, right?
Your mind is reconfigured to accept things and hold beliefs that seem real to you, but non-applicable to me.

Therefore your faith is a product of your mind. It has no validity outside of your mind, until you convert me or find others with whom you can share your faith.

That is why people go to churches and mosques, to share faith amongsts themselves, to periodically revalidate their mental constructs and convince themselves that their beliefs are real.

well that is not the reason why christians go to church they go to church to grow spiritually.Not to revalidate their mental constructs.If i may ask hv u been to a church before?and what church if u hv? And you said ''your mind is reconfigured''.Now who ''reconfigures'' the mind, it is God through the convicting power of the Holy Spirit.the reason You are sayn faith is a product of my mind is because you still think it is by my mental power that i generated faith from my mind and also because you don't believe that faith is a supernatural force. You also don't believe God exists not to talk of him being able to renew a person's mind.And for the validity of faith outside my mind, faith is a very powerful tool and can accomplish great things in external situations.Jesus said with faith we can move mountains though that's a different aspect of faith.You may not believe this but it is true.And You just said that my faith is not valid except i convert you.have you not heard stories of christians converting athiests? hw did the christian population grow to 2.2 billion if people have not been converted to christianity?it just goes to show you that there is a supernatural POWER involved You may not believe this but I tell you GOD IS REAL.HE exists.
Re: Fellow Atheists, Have You Ever Given This A Thought? by Nobody: 3:27am On May 12, 2013
Dux-01:
hw did the christian population grow to 2.2 billion if people have not been converted to christianity?......
smiley
Re: Fellow Atheists, Have You Ever Given This A Thought? by jayriginal: 5:41am On May 12, 2013
Ozegbe: In-fact it has even be proven that humans use only 10% of their brain in theirs entire life time.

This is wrong. Nothing of the sort has been proven. Humans dont use only 10 percent of their brains.

1 Like

Re: Fellow Atheists, Have You Ever Given This A Thought? by Areaboy2(m): 8:00am On May 12, 2013
jayriginal:

This is wrong. Nothing of the sort has been proven. Humans dont use only 10 percent of their brains.

I don't know where these guys get their figures from.. Even a vegetable in comma uses more than that lol
Re: Fellow Atheists, Have You Ever Given This A Thought? by Nobody: 8:02am On May 12, 2013
Area_boy:

I don't know where these guys get their figures from.. Even a vegetable in comma uses more than that lol

lwkmd cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Fellow Atheists, Have You Ever Given This A Thought? by ezme(m): 9:20am On May 12, 2013
kambo: ^^^
wow, "30 000 000 different combinations" of the dna makes man distinguishable from primates.
assuming,i'm not a scientist, the combination of these 30 million atg's or cells or watever,
is fixed for all mankind. i.e it is universal dna trait peculiar to humans,
then the possibility of selecting this combination from the 30 million possible combination
would be very small.
And the selector you say is - randomness. nature working its random picks.
the possible combinations wold be a very large number. 30 000 000!.
factorial of 30 000 000.
even a powerful hand calculator will tell give an error message if you try to generate the factorial of 100.
a wrong selection wuld have created beings probably worse than the chimps
but the choice selection , suprisingly made a wise pick...
ridiculous.
randomness doesnt possess such intuition.

Your argument only faults the concept of randomness and points to the possibility of a better and different explanation but surely doesn't prove God exists.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism / The Number 23 - The illuminati Code / Imagine If Everybody Was An Atheist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.