Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,120 members, 7,957,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:41 AM

Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. (1942 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State / APGA To Sue Fashola, Demands N20b damages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by rodeo0070(m): 9:19am On May 11, 2013
THE Lagos State Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget, Mr Ben Akabueze, yesterday said the state’s Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) averages a total of N20billion monthly.

He spoke at a ministerial briefing ahead of the Sixth Anniversary of the Governor Babatunde Fashola Administration in the state.

He said: “IGR trickles in everyday across different agencies of the state. One month it could be up, the next month it could be down pending on seasonal considerations and all of that. At the end, we will have an aggregate for the year and you could average it out, but as at today, it is about N20billion monthly.”

He said the state has a projected IGR of N316.578billion out of its N499.605billion 2013 fiscal budget, saying it is more than the total budget of each of the states in the country, excluding Delta, Rivers and Akwa Ibom.

To reach the target, the state is adopting measures, including the expansion of the tax net to cover more taxable persons living and doing business in Lagos, he said.

Akabueze also said the state government is not introducing any new tax, but would leverage on existing ones approved by the law of the federation, to realise the objectives of this year’s budget.

According to him, major areas the budget has been addressing since the commencement of its implementation, include security, food sufficiency, law and order; building of critical transportation infrastructure, including the blue/red light rail, continuation of the expansion of the Lagos-Badagry Expressway, ferry services, health and environment.

On the state’s debt profile, Akabueze said the income accruing to state’s coffers yearly outstrips its debts, and that some of its loans are long-term, which would be due for full repayment in 35 years.

He also revealed plans by the state government to establish some critical agencies/commissions as part of measures to further strengthen its economy.

These, according to Akabueze, include parks and garden agency, state water regulatory commission, state law enforcement training institute, audit service commission, law reform commission, office of disability affairs and the office of facility management, among others.

SOURCE: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/business/lagos-igr-hits-n20b-monthly/

Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by Nobody: 9:23am On May 11, 2013
Wow... Lagos is a country on it's own

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by takedat(m): 9:58am On May 11, 2013
Well the likes of @Sincere9gerian and co will beg to disagree with Mr. Akabueze cos according to them, the IGR of Lagos State is between N30-N40billion monthly!
Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by tomakint: 10:06am On May 11, 2013
Arrant nonsense, first thing first they came up with a bogus IGR, with the economic potentials of a State like Lagos, a reasonable person would have known that Lagos generates far more than the quoted N20 billion every month! Of course, with the Chief Schemer, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, in charge, a figure like this is expected and not forgetting that in the next 35 years, Lagos will continue to pay debt from generations to generations and they will still tell you, 'Eko o ni baje o'! Obviously, with Tinubu still calling the shots in the scheme of things in the State, Lagos don enter 'One Chance' cool

4 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by takedat(m): 10:09am On May 11, 2013
tomakint: Arrant nonsense, first thing first they came up with a bogus IGR, with the economic potentials of a State like Lagos, a reasonable person would have known that Lagos generates far more than the quoted N20 billion every month! Of course, with the Chief Schemer, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, in charge, a figure like this is expected and not forgetting that in the next 35 years, Lagos will continue to pay debt from generations to generations and they will still tell you, 'Eko o ni baje o'! Obviously, with Tinubu still calling the shots in the scheme of things in the State, Lagos don enter 'One Chance' cool
Seems you are either the auditor or tax collector in charge as you claim to have a more precise information than the government! Do you even pay tax into the coffers of Lagos state? You reside outside of Lagos and you seem to more of the state income than Lagosians. Ignoramus! Haters be Leaners!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by 1MCN: 10:27am On May 11, 2013
I congratulate Mr Fashola and his accolytes, especially that Nwa'fo there in charge of the Economy and Budgeting, Ndaa Ben. You guys are trying. But I still think that Lagos is richer than every other state in Nigeria by multiples, except of course FCT. So they should achieve more. There are still poor and unemployed Nigerians in Lagos. If this figure was submitted by the FG some people here would say how has it affected the live of the man on the streets. But am not meddling into such frivolity. Lagosians must help the Lagos govt succeed by paying tax, taking on volunteer works that govt pays for, etc. What's wrong if my church applies to be sweeping a portion of the express way, say every Saturday (even if we've got to hire the sweepers) just to help our society. By this, govt will cut that cost. This is just one out of many helps we as groups and individuals can render our govt.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by tomakint: 10:49am On May 11, 2013
take dat: Seems you are the auditor or tax collector in charge! Do you even pay tax into the coffers of Lagos state? You reside outside of Lagos and you seem to more of the state income than Lagosians. Ignoramus! Haters be Leaners!
You may fight it, call me names but one thing I know is, Lagos generates far more than the quoted figure and I don't need to be the auditor general to know that, except you are being mischievous as usual! Definitely, I am not a defaulter when it comes to paying tax, and mind you I have spent a greater part of my life in Lagos so I know what I am talking about!
Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by Nobody: 11:21am On May 11, 2013
. . .most of which ends up in the bottomless pockets of the cocaine-snorting thief at No. 26, Bourdillon road, Ikoyi, so what gives? Arrant nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by OmoTier1(m): 11:49am On May 11, 2013
Has sincere9igerian ported? Why is He missing on this thread!!!... fraudulent native doctor. Progressives are steaming ahead, the PDP lapdogs are licking their wounds cool
Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by OmoTier1(m): 11:51am On May 11, 2013
tomakint: Arrant nonsense, first thing first they came up with a bogus IGR, with the economic potentials of a State like Lagos, a reasonable person would have known that Lagos generates far more than the quoted N20 billion every month! Of course, with the Chief Schemer, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, in charge, a figure like this is expected and not forgetting that in the next 35 years, Lagos will continue to pay debt from generations to generations and they will still tell you, 'Eko o ni baje o'! Obviously, with Tinubu still calling the shots in the scheme of things in the State, Lagos don enter 'One Chance' cool
See this warri tout! Your governor has rape.d your people to eternity, deduct taxes at source with not a single sensible project to show for it, and you are here spewing trash against.

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by tomakint: 12:02pm On May 11, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
See this warri tout! Your governor has rape.d your people to eternity, deduct taxes at source with not a single sensible project to show for it, and you are here spewing trash against.
I don't engage liars and never-do-well psychopaths like your type! This is Tomakint from Ondo State please next time put on ur bi-focal lens undecided
Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by Rhino5dm: 12:37pm On May 11, 2013
Good Bless the most progressive brains in Nigeria. while other are bombing themselves or busy kidnapping their mothers, we the people of south west are busy putting infrastructure in place.

When is eko atlantic city coming up? cool
Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by Rhino5dm: 12:38pm On May 11, 2013
tomakint:
I don't engage liars and never-do-well psychopaths like your type! This is Tomakint from Ondo State please next time put on ur bi-focal lens undecided

Ondo state? keep lying to yourself.
Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by taharqa: 12:49pm On May 11, 2013
take dat: Well the likes of @Sincere9gerian and co will beg to disagree with Mr. Akabueze cos according to them, the IGR of Lagos State is between N30-N40billion monthly!
Bros, where hv thou been?....@topic, #20 billion monthly is good though, whether its been used properly is anoda mata entirely, a la Baba Tinubu and Co
Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by IB5(f): 12:58pm On May 11, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

You are minding that joker? shocked

He meant east of ondo cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by tomakint: 1:12pm On May 11, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

At your age, with your self-acclaimed intelligence you have finally succeeded in exposing your gullibility on a faceless forum! Indeed, you are a rhinoceros undecided
Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by Rhino5dm: 1:13pm On May 11, 2013
I-B.:

Who doesn't like something good?! cheesy Ondo too is progressing... It's a Yoruba thing sha, he is welcome.
God bless the Sunshine state

grin grin
Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by Demdem(m): 1:14pm On May 11, 2013
tomakint:
You may fight it, call me names but one thing I know is, Lagos generates far more than the quoted figure and I don't need to be the auditor general to know that, except you are being mischievous as usual! Definitely, I am not a defaulter when it comes to paying tax, and mind you I have spent a greater part of my life in Lagos so I know what I am talking about!

please tell us how much is it then or what u think should come close to it, 100billion?
Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by Demdem(m): 1:15pm On May 11, 2013
taharqa: Bros, where hv thou been?....@topic, #20 billion monthly is good though, whether its been used properly is anoda mata entirely, a la Baba Tinubu and Co

What has Asiwaju gat to do with this? Fashola is the governor not Tinubu.
Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by Rhino5dm: 1:18pm On May 11, 2013
tomakint:
At your age, with your self-acclaimed intelligence you have finally succeeded in exposing your gullibility on a faceless forum! Indeed, you are a rhinoceros undecided

Shut up!

What's my business with you? Just stop using south west or are you ashame to tell us your state of origin? Am presently on wheels, driving home to see my people.

You think speaking Yoruba or claiming Yoruba will help you when jungle matures?
Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by taharqa: 1:26pm On May 11, 2013
Demdem:

What has Asiwaju gat to do with this? Fashola is the governor not Tinubu.
Who is generally regarded as been at the Head of d people chopping the money in Lagos state... Abegi, use that white matter in yr head nx time; you do not need to be spoon feed all the time

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by Demdem(m): 1:32pm On May 11, 2013
taharqa: Who is generally regarded as been at the Head of d people chopping the money in Lagos state... Abegi, use that white matter in yr head nx time; you do not need to be spoon feed all the time

regarded by nonentities like u who strongly believe they are right abi? now i understand ur cross better.
Re: Lagos IGR Hits N20b Monthly. by seguno2: 1:34pm On May 11, 2013
rodeo0070:
According to him, major areas the budget has been addressing since the commencement of its implementation, include security, food sufficiency, law and order; building of critical transportation infrastructure, including the blue/red light rail, continuation of the expansion of the Lagos-Badagry Expressway, ferry services, health and environment.

First we need to realise that this 20 billion (or more if we believe some comments on the godfather's portion) is coming directly from the pockets of Lagosians who will either pay the taxes or pay it through higher prices of goods & services by those who paid directly.

Is it not striking that EDUCATION is not one of the "major areas being addressed" by this government of neo-progressives
Who will work the infrastructure, maintain and renew them?
I guess our wise ones knew what they meant by saying

omo ti a ko ko ni o ma gbe ile ti a ko ta - na pikin wey we no train (build up) na im go sell all the property wey we dey build.

Something the Action Group (AG) and its successor, Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) understood very clearly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News... Yobe On Fire! / The Story Behind Anambra State's N1 Billion A Year Kidnapping Business / Breaking News!! Ebola Kills Nigerian Nurse who treated the liberian victim.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.