Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:03 PM

Over 100 Women & Children Killed In Benue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 100 Women & Children Killed In Benue (1030 Views)

BREAKING: Kano INEC Resident Commissioner, Wife, Children Killed In Fire / Boko Haram Set To Engage Military In Gwoza, Asks Women, Children To Leave Town / Boko Haram Freed Over 200 Women, Children In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 100 Women & Children Killed In Benue by Eazeee(m): 12:27pm On May 11, 2013
Over 100 Tiv women & children were killed in a tiv village bordering Nasarawa state by d fulani terrorist.
Check vanguard 4 details
Re: Over 100 Women & Children Killed In Benue by Eazeee(m): 12:33pm On May 11, 2013
After suffering serious casualty in d hands of d Eggons of Nasarawa state along side dia sponsors, it seems dey are gradually shifting focus 2 Benue state. Better hav u OMBATSE n destroy dis fulanis n their host communities or risk a frequent death on dia hands

2 Likes

Re: Over 100 Women & Children Killed In Benue by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 11, 2013
Wow shocked shocked
Naija which way?
Re: Over 100 Women & Children Killed In Benue by qualified(f): 12:58pm On May 11, 2013
Fulanis again? Hm. These people shld be checked now, most communal clashes have their name mentioned
Re: Over 100 Women & Children Killed In Benue by Ogbonaikenna(m): 1:01pm On May 11, 2013
Pay back time
Re: Over 100 Women & Children Killed In Benue by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 11, 2013
Over 100 Women, Children And Farmers Killed In Renewed
Tiv/Fulani Bloodbath
11.05.2013, 9:51 Local
No fewer than 100 women, children and Tiv farmers have
reportedly been slaughtered in the last two weeks by
invading Fulani herdsmen, following the renewed bloodbath
and invasion of Tiv communities in Guma Local Government
area of Benue State by Fulani herdsmen.
Immediate past Speaker of the Benue State House of Assembly,
and member representing Guma State Constituency, David
Iorhemba made this known yesterday in an interview with
newsmen in Makurdi.
Iorhemba lamented that despite efforts to stem the crisis in the
hinterland of the state, cases of silent killings and destruction of
property were still being reported by the natives adding that in
his village at Yogbo, no fewer than 26 persons were allegedly
murdered by the Fulani marauders in the last few days. He
lamented that the crisis was taking its toll on farmers in the
affected communities as farm land and crops had been
destroyed, making it difficult to get seedlings for planting this
farming season.
He said, ''the invasion of my constituency in Guma Local
Government area by Fulani herdsmen is alarming. It is like a
deliberate move to wipe out the Tiv race; it is unfortunate that
our people will become refugees in their fatherland as a result of
incessant Fulani invasion.
"As I am talking to you now, the areas have been deserted. You
know that we are farmers in this part of the country; on a weekly
basis, the herdsmen invade our lands, rape our women found in
the farms, slaughter our men and deprive us of our ancestral
home.
"Our people cannot farm this season because apart from
destroying there farm lands and crops, many of our people have
now become refugees in Makurdi because of the fear of the
Fulani."
Just yesterday night (Wednesday ) a woman and her son were
reported killed around Atteh by the Fulani," he said, and accused
the people living in border villages in Nasarawa State of
harboring the herdsmen.
According to him, ''it is unfortunate that our neighbors in
Nasarawa State accommodate these marauders from where they
move to our villages to unleash terror on us. If you move around
you will discover that no Fulani is living around the border.''
Iorhemba further said that there was no way the Tivs and Fulanis
could live together because of their type of jobs noting, ''we are
farmers while the Fulani are cattle rear-res, so is better we part
ways.''
While commending the efforts of both the Nasarawa and Benue
State governments to stem the crisis through the joint peace
committee set up in 2011, Iorhemba suggested that the security
personnel attached to the hinterland in Tiv land should be
dispatched to the border areas to prevent the incursion of the
Fulanis into the Tiv villages.
He, however, urged the Federal Government to create grazing
routes for the Fulani herdsmen in order to stem recurring
bloodbaths in rural communities across the country.
Re: Over 100 Women & Children Killed In Benue by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 11, 2013
However, there's is something I don't get, why are these fulani so damn violent in Nigeria? When we look @ others countries, the fulani aren't that violent, maybe you don't know how to deal with them undecided
Re: Over 100 Women & Children Killed In Benue by Eazeee(m): 1:24pm On May 11, 2013
Most of d attackers are hired by dis fulani from dia kinsmen in Niger,Chard. Y it wil continue in nigeria is because dey hav a local support by d settled Hausas in these areas. This hausa fulani are bent on destroying all d minorities in d North Central most of whom are Christian n thus find allies with d few communities that share d same faith with dem. That explains y d governor of Nasarawa state a muslem n his likes are d ones behind d hosting of dis fulanis datz y his village was destroyed by d Eggon militias 4 hosting dis deadly fulanis
Re: Over 100 Women & Children Killed In Benue by Eazeee(m): 1:30pm On May 11, 2013
Tonto Dike,Dbanj,Wizkid,Dbanj

@ Mod oya front page because i hav remembered 2 mention there names
Re: Over 100 Women & Children Killed In Benue by MeAboki(m): 3:48pm On May 11, 2013
Eazee-e:
Most of d attackers are hired by dis fulani from dia kinsmen in Niger,Chard. Y it wil continue in nigeria is because dey hav a local support by d settled Hausas in these areas. This hausa fulani are bent on destroying all d minorities in d North Central most of whom are Christian n thus find allies with d few communities that share d same faith with dem. That explains y d governor of Nasarawa state a muslem n his likes are d ones behind d hosting of dis fulanis datz y his village was destroyed by d Eggon militias 4 hosting dis deadly fulanis

All you said may be true; however, haven't you ever wondered why when this kind of story is relayed that nobody seems to hear about the other side.
In journalism, a story is never complete without the other side; however, Nigerian journalism dominated by Christian southerners never seem to bother about objectivity when reporting - unfortunately, thats what seem be shaping and moulding a vindictive mindset between the ever increasing north/south divide.

Have you ever wondered what a cow means to a Fulani herdsman?
Well, its his most treasured life possession and in monetary terms an average cow can easily fetch over a 100k; many a times the Fulanis are killed and/or their cows stolen, sometimes in hundreds, by these native ppl; if you do the maths you can imagine how much they often lose in such raids - often going unreported because the biased Nigerian press isn't interested.

Unfortunately, the Fulanis are always unforgiving and culturally bound to take revenge, no matter how long it takes (which as you rightly pointed out may involve them inviting outside allies - as they are all interrelated).
I once received a text msg (which I'll paste) that perhaps best surmise this aspect of the Fulanis.

THE FULANI WARRIOR

Never fight a war (hot or cold) with the Fulani. Because they have:
1. No rules of engagement (they just hit)
2. No POW's (they don't take prisoners)
3. No mercy (once they pick out an enemy)
4. No fighting fatigue (they are forever fit and prepared, due to their lifestyle)
5. No need for adequate food and permanent abode (they live on very little and live in the wilderness)
6. No end to hostilities (they fight to finish)
7. No ignorance of terrain & location (their lifestyle makes them human GPS)
8. No deterrence due to casualties (they are strategically distributed all over West and Central Africa, and highly mobile)
9. No need for tranquility (they have no permanent settlements which need peace to thrive)
10. No communication problem once they distribute cola nuts to allies.

In other words don't about these Fulanis or they'll burn your butt.

BTW, the Tivs have until recently been known by their Hausa/Fulani given name of Munci (pronounced Mun-chi) meaning we ate (it), stemming from the fabled incidence of once being entrusted with Fulani cattle before the Fulanis embarking on a journey, when the hapless Fulanis returned for their cows, the Tivs have eaten them and all they could say was,' munci'; hence the name; however, the Tivs regarding it as derogatory resisted and succeeded in having it changed.
Cattle rustling by Middle Beltans including the Tivs and the inevitable retaliatory measures by the Fulanis will continue to cause problems until either side respects the rights of the other and certainly biased or selective press reporting may not help matters at all.

1 Like

Re: Over 100 Women & Children Killed In Benue by Eazeee(m): 4:28pm On May 11, 2013
@ Me_Aboki

Bro i luv ur annalysis but d question is what right does this fulanis have over land in d middle Belt? Can u go 2 Bauchi n claim you have right as a nigerian 2 farm on their land without permision? As 4 d killings i know personally of several villages attacked by dis fulani wit no provocation in nasarawa state claiming dey have grazing right on such lands as everytin blong 2 allah. U even hia dem shauting allahuakbar as dey are killing people. What even ridiculed ur write up is d fact dat ur claimed Christian controlled Newspaper dont even write about such crimes. Have u ever heard about d Ombatse in Nasarawa st b4 now? What led 2 dia emmergence? How they started,all were not reported by d Christian controlled media until now dat dey hav cros dia boundary. Wake up dude
Re: Over 100 Women & Children Killed In Benue by Eazeee(m): 4:37pm On May 11, 2013
If u belief such crap story about Munchi den u can as well belief anytin even d story of a tiv man entertaining strangers with his wife. @ least i have a lot of tiv friends but til date dey never 4 once ask me 2 TAKE CARE of dia wives or even sisters which i wuldnt hesitate to. Just crap
Re: Over 100 Women & Children Killed In Benue by MeAboki(m): 4:50pm On May 11, 2013
^^^^^You can continue to remain in denial and obviously ignorant for all I care - arguing about something you are not even qualified to speak about as non northerner and likely never lived in the north with someone who is.
Re: Over 100 Women & Children Killed In Benue by Eazeee(m): 5:35pm On May 11, 2013
Me_Aboki: ^^^^^You can continue to remain in denial and obviously ignorant for all I care - arguing about something you are not even qualified to speak about as non northerner and likely never lived in the north with someone who is.

dude if what u mean by a non notherner is some1 not 4rom far northern haramite state then u are right but 4 ur ignorant info, am 4rom North Central(middle belt). There is nothin u can tel me about Nasarawa,Benue,Plateau e.t.c u are just a deluded hausa fellow
Re: Over 100 Women & Children Killed In Benue by MeAboki(m): 10:18pm On May 11, 2013
^^^^If truly you are from the Middle Belt as you claim, then you would not need to rely on any Tiv friend to tell about Tiv culture, and just because you've had no first hand experience of a particular aspect of it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist - check your post before you next speak to avoid appearing foolish.

(1) (Reply)

Title This Pix / INCREDILE: How 18 Year Old Played Dead To Survive Kenya Terrorist Attack / Pirated Copies Of 'there Was A Country' At Book Stand In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.