Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:36 AM

The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? (3135 Views)

Why should I worship a 3 Headed God That Was Nailed On The Cross? / How KAKA A Footballer Is Impacting Millions With Christ / What Law Was Nailed To The Cross? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by brilapluz(m): 2:07pm On May 24, 2013
let me ask dis question..does anyone need a LAW dat will prevent him or her 4rm cheating on their spouse?
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 24, 2013
brilapluz: let me ask dis question..does anyone need a LAW dat will prevent him or her 4rm cheating on their spouse?
am confused, you said GOD'S law written with his hands have been nailed to the cross. So should we disregard them?:|

1 Like

Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by brilapluz(m): 5:22pm On May 24, 2013
olire: am confused, you said GOD'S law written with his hands have been nailed to the cross. So should we disregard them?:|
dats y wen God took out d law,he created grace..dis was 2 bring him closer to us...4 d former regulations or laws were only done 2 guide us 2 christ(Galatians 3:24-25)..and set us free 4rm d curse and observance of d law,givin us d law of christ which is summed up in a single command-LOVE,LOVE,LOVE,LOVE!(rom13:8-10,galatians 5:14-15)
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 24, 2013
brilapluz:
dats y wen God took out d law,he created grace..dis was 2 bring him closer to us...4 d former regulations or laws were only done 2 guide us 2 christ(Galatians 3:24-25)..and set us free 4rm d curse and observance of d law,givin us d law of christ which is summed up in a single command-LOVE,LOVE,LOVE,LOVE!(rom13:8-10,galatians 5:14-15)
so are we to disregard the law?
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by brilapluz(m): 2:51am On May 25, 2013
olire: so are we to disregard the law?
yes according 2 d bible not according 2 me..(romans10:4,hebrew 7:11-19,galatians 3:10-14) we r saved by grace and live by d fruit of d spirit which is d law of christ, Galatians 3:22
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by Nobody: 4:39am On May 25, 2013
it is the kind of lawlessness that has led a pastor to say masturbation is not a sin and someone on nairaland saying s.ex with two consenting adults is not fornication..may the Lord help our generation.
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by brilapluz(m): 4:56am On May 25, 2013
Bidam: it is the kind of lawlessness [b]that has led a pastor to say masturbation is not a sin and someone on nairaland saying s.ex with two consenting adults is not fornication[/b]may the Lord help our generation.
dat is y U dont NEED d Law of moses 2 tell U whether wat U r doin is rite or wrong..wen U r led by d fruits of d spirit which is LOVE,U wont need d law of moses 2 let U know whether self-service is rite or wrong!
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by Nobody: 6:01am On May 25, 2013
brilapluz:
dat is y U dont NEED d Law of moses 2 tell U whether wat U r doin is rite or wrong..wen U r led by d fruits of d spirit which is LOVE,U wont need d law of moses 2 let U know whether self-service is rite or wrong!

Your arguments is for lawlessness..Christ came to fulfill the law not abolish it..A believer already has the law of Christ inscribed and tattooed in his heart which is far more better than that written in the tablets of stones..if you don't understand Paul letters you will keep reading it with a veil.shalom.
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by Nobody: 7:17am On May 25, 2013
brilapluz:
yes according 2 d bible not according 2 me..(romans10:4,hebrew 7:11-19,galatians 3:10-14) we r saved by grace and live by d fruit of d spirit which is d law of christ, Galatians 3:22
so according to ur bible I should: 1.have other gods before god. 2. I shall make an image for my self an image of anything in heaven above or earth below and under the sea. I should bow down to them?
3.I should misuse God's name in vain?
4.I shouldn't keep the sabbath holy?
5. I shoul dishonor my father and mother
6. I should murder?
7.I should commit adultery?
8.I should steal?
9.I shoul bear false witness?
10. I should covet my neighbours property? undecided
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by brilapluz(m): 9:21am On May 25, 2013
Bidam: Your arguments is for lawlessness..Christ came to fulfill the law not abolish it..A believer already has the law of Christ inscribed and tattooed in his heart which is far more better than that written in the tablets of stones..if you don't understand Paul letters you will keep reading it with a veil.shalom.
and urs is 4 d lawful man abi..sory am neither a lawless man or a lawful man like U always quote all tru evry person's post dat U hv issues wit,dat said,i am led by d spirit and not by d law of moses..i can and wil neva mend both 2gether which U & so sum misled christians try invain 2 put across..FYI..LOVE IS THE FULFILMENT OF THE LAW,AND CHRIST IS THE END OF THE LAW..by d way,if U r hvin difficulties in knowin d SPIRITUAL MEANING OF FULFILMENT,I WILL BE GLAD TO HELP YOU..if not go and observe d laws of moses or try and 'balance' both..i guess dats ur choice like i have always told U..stay blessd bidam!
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by brilapluz(m): 9:47am On May 25, 2013
olire: so according to ur bible I should: 1.have other gods before god. 2. I shall make an image for my self an image of anything in heaven above or earth below and under the sea. I should bow down to them?
3.I should misuse God's name in vain?
4.I shouldn't keep the sabbath holy?
5. I shoul dishonor my father and mother
6. I should murder?
7.I should commit adultery?
8.I should steal?
9.I shoul bear false witness?
10. I should covet my neighbours property? undecided
am tryn 2 control my urge 2 laugh but we r all learnin so let me quote sum bible portions 2 let U go tru dem since ur posts appear sarcastic..lol..
8 Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for
the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. 9 For the commandments, “You shall
not commit adultery, You
shall not murder, You shall not
steal, You shall not covet,” and
any other commandment,are
summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself[/b]10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor;
therefore love is the[b]fulfilling
of the law...romans 13:8-10,Now d question U mite ask after readin d verses above is wat is fulfilment;this is simply bringin 2 completion a purpose,promise or prohesy...D completion of d law is CHRIST JESUS REVEALED...
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by Nobody: 9:52am On May 25, 2013
brilapluz:
am tryn 2 control my urge 2 laugh but we r all learnin so let me quote sum bible portions 2 let U go tru dem since ur posts appear sarcastic..lol..
8 Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for
the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. 9 For the commandments, “You shall
not commit adultery, You
shall not murder, You shall not
steal, You shall not covet,” and
any other commandment,are
summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself[/b]10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor;
therefore love is the[b]fulfilling
of the law...romans 13:8-10,Now d question U mite ask after readin d verses above is wat is fulfilment;this is simply bringin 2 completion a purpose,promise or prohesy...D completion of d law is CHRIST JESUS REVEALED...

So if the Law of Love sums up the commandments, that is, is the fullness of the commandments, what are you yapping about?
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by brilapluz(m): 10:10am On May 25, 2013
@olire,christ came 2 make complete d purpose 4 which d law was created at d first place..d law was made 2 lead us 2 christ(pls i plead wit U 2 study galatians 3:21-25)..christ came 2 reveal God's abundant LOVE FOR THE WORLD(JOHN 3:16)..so my broda,U r 2 b led by d spirit..
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance,
kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such
things there is no law
Galatians 5:22-23
12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved,
clothe yourselves with
compassion, kindness,
humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another
if any of you has a grievance
against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on
love
, which binds them all
together in perfect unity.
COLOSSIANS 3:12-14..dats wat U need and much more 4rm God's word..stay blesd!
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by brilapluz(m): 10:14am On May 25, 2013
Ihedinobi:

So if the Law of Love sums up the commandments, that is, is the fullness of the commandments, what are you yapping about?
now see who is confusin himself..hi dere,my rhetorical broda! Guess U may need 2 go and find out d word 'SUMMED UP' in ur 'own dictionary'..dont U tink so?..1-1..hehehe..lol
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by Nobody: 10:29am On May 25, 2013
brilapluz: @olire,christ came 2 make complete d purpose 4 which d law was created at d first place..d law was made 2 lead us 2 christ(pls i plead wit U 2 study galatians 3:21-25)..christ came 2 reveal God's abundant LOVE FOR THE WORLD(JOHN 3:16)..so my broda,U r 2 b led by d spirit..
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance,
kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such
things there is no law
Galatians 5:22-23
12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved,
clothe yourselves with
compassion, kindness,
humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another
if any of you has a grievance
against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on
love
, which binds them all
together in perfect unity.
COLOSSIANS 3:12-14..dats wat U need and much more 4rm God's word..stay blesd!
i get your point, the law of love summarises the ten commandments. The first to the fourth are represented in love for God. The remainder in love for man. Now let me ask you this: do you obey the fourth commanment?
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by Nobody: 10:33am On May 25, 2013
brilapluz:
now see who is confusin himself..hi dere,my rhetorical broda! Guess U may need 2 go and find out d word 'SUMMED UP' in ur 'own dictionary'..dont U tink so?..1-1..hehehe..lol

Puhleeeeeeeaze!!!!! Wey d confusion dey? Didn't you just say that the commandments are to be disregarded? Then you say that if we love we will automatically obey them? How am I the one confused? We insist that if one has love, they will evidence it by keeping the commandments, then you attack us as though we said something false only for you to come and say the very same thing that we said.

Perhaps it's you who should tell us what more there is to "summed up" than that it means that all the commandment is enshrined in the command to love so that they are still relevant as expressions of love.
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by brilapluz(m): 11:13am On May 25, 2013
olire: i get your point, the law of love summarises the ten commandments. The first to the fourth are represented in love for God. The remainder in love for man. Now let me ask you this: do you obey the fourth commanment?
lets get one tin straight,d sabbath was made 4 man(4 his spiritual upliftment and pleasure) not man 4 d sabbath..mark 2:27
secondly,y do U go 2 church? Wat r ur motives? Is it because U luv d lord's gatherin or U want dat 2 b credited as works in d eyes of God..fyi,U r d lord's dwelln place(in ur heart not in a man made buildin)..so Yes i go 2 d church 2 join wit odas in singn praises 2 God and i love d lord so i do not 4sake his gatherin which is 4 my spiritual growth in christ..but Remember,U r not justified b4 God if U go 2 church..its ur heart(ur motives) dat counts..God bless U!

Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by brilapluz(m): 11:30am On May 25, 2013
@Ihedinobi,U make me laugh due 2 ur apparent confusion..Lets say U had dem 'summed Up'(gues dats ur achilles heels) and U r presented wit a single rule,which is 2 LOVE,do U stil need 2 go back 2 dose same laws again 2 authenicate d new rule?
By d way,let me ask U dis questions,do U need d law of moses 2 prevent U 4rm cheatin on ur wife?
Do U need d law 2 tell U dat masturbation or self-service is a path 2 sexual immorality?
Do U need d law 2 tell U 2 b a morally sound person?
No vex 4 d questions ohh..i dey follow ur steps..lol
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by Nobody: 11:44am On May 25, 2013
brilapluz: @Ihedinobi,U make me laugh due 2 ur apparent confusion..Lets say U had dem 'summed Up'(gues dats ur achilles heels) and U r presented wit a single rule,which is 2 LOVE,do U stil need 2 go back 2 dose same laws again 2 authenicate d new rule?

"Authenticate"? What in the world's he talking about?

By d way,let me ask U dis questions,do U need d law of moses 2 prevent U 4rm cheatin on ur wife?
Do U need d law 2 tell U dat masturbation or self-service is a path 2 sexual immorality?
Do U need d law 2 tell U 2 b a morally sound person?
No vex 4 d questions ohh..i dey follow ur steps..lol

I need the law to tell me when I have gone contrary to Love. The Law stands against everything that is not Love.

1 Like

Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by brilapluz(m): 12:08pm On May 25, 2013
Ihedinobi:

"Authenticate"? What in the world's he talking about?
hahahaha..Wud u like me 2 'break it down' 4 Ur undastandin or do U need a simple dictionary?
Hahahahah
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by brilapluz(m): 12:19pm On May 25, 2013
Ihedinobi:
I need the law to tell me when I have gone contrary to Love. The Law stands against everything that is not Love.
hahahaha..really?..so do U need d law 2 prevent U 4rm eatin certain meals or animals accordin 2 dat same law dat u zealously hold onto? ...lol..my broda..i smh 4 U...
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 25, 2013
brilapluz:
hahahaha..Wud u like me 2 'break it down' 4 Ur undastandin or do U need a simple dictionary?
Hahahahah

Sure, carry on. And while you're at it, explain why you mentioned the word in the first place.

brilapluz:
hahahaha..really?..so do U need d law 2 prevent U 4rm eatin certain meals or animals accordin 2 dat same law dat u zealously hold onto? ...lol..my broda..i smh 4 U...

Not to spoil your excitement or anything like that, but I really can't see what it is you're answering with your posts.
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by brilapluz(m): 12:54pm On May 25, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Sure, carry on. And while you're at it, explain why you mentioned the word in the first place.

Not to spoil your excitement or anything like that, but I really can't see what it is you're answering with your posts.
hmmm...lol..and yet U had 2 reply me...huh?.well i tink U just 'spoilt my excitment' because U r indirectly sayn U dont hv a common dictionary in ur device...
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 25, 2013
brilapluz:
hmmm...lol..and yet U had 2 reply me...huh?.well i tink U just 'spoilt my excitment' because U r indirectly sayn U dont hv a common dictionary in ur device...

Wonderment!!! shocked
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by brilapluz(m): 1:02pm On May 25, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Wonderment!!! shocked
..lol..its also called 'wonderful' sir! grin
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 25, 2013
brilapluz:
lets get one tin straight,d sabbath was made 4 man(4 his spiritual upliftment and pleasure) not man 4 d sabbath..mark 2:27
secondly,y do U go 2 church? Wat r ur motives? Is it because U luv d lord's gatherin or U want dat 2 b credited as works in d eyes of God..fyi,U r d lord's dwelln place(in ur heart not in a man made buildin)..so Yes i go 2 d church 2 join wit odas in singn praises 2 God and i love d lord so i do not 4sake his gatherin which is 4 my spiritual growth in christ..but Remember,U r not justified b4 God if U go 2 church..its ur heart(ur motives) dat counts..God bless U!
when jesus made the statement about the sabbath made for man and not man for the sabbath. He didn't mean it for us to abandon the sabbath. He said it because the jews made the sabbath a burden. For example they said you can't spit in the field, because it is work that is aiding germination.he didn't cancel it. He even went to church on sabbath. Luke 4 vs 16. I myself know that it is not possible for me to keep the sabbath holy but by the grace of God i can. jesus' point was that we shouln't make the sabbath a burden. Besides why is it that it is only the sabbath that is now being disregarded out of all the commanments. There should be a reason for that.
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 25, 2013
brilapluz:
gy i think you are not meant to take it personal, u argue with him not insult. Thnks
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 25, 2013
brilapluz:
gy i dnt tink you should insult. Prove him wrong.
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by brilapluz(m): 4:10pm On May 25, 2013
@olire,i tink 4rm ur statement We r in agreement wit d new way christ saw d day of sabbath..furthermore,its 4 our spiritual upliftment dat we dont give up d 'fellowship of saints'..but dats my choice,i dont know about urs cos i want 2 believe U know dat our heart is now God's dwelling place not d buildin or structure dat we go 2 evry sunday..
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by brilapluz(m): 4:17pm On May 25, 2013
olire: gy i dnt tink you should insult. Prove him wrong.
lol..i didnt come 2 dis thread 4 a debate,neither do i respond 2 prove a point..its all about learnin..but not evry1 likes it because dey r stuck in a particular doctrine and whoeva doesnt agree wit such is labelled a lawless one or even worse..ur point is noted,though..tanks and God bless U!
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by brilapluz(m): 4:31pm On May 25, 2013
if a believer feels the need to 'refrain' from eating pork, for example, he is free to do so. The same is true for all the other commandments. However, there are two dangers that must be avoided by a christian who chooses to keep portions of the Law of Moses: One is the belief that one who does so is contributing to his own justification and sanctification. This is false and must be avoided. The second danger is that one may demand or expect others to also keep the Law. This is equally wrong and borders on legalism. The one who exercises his freedom to keep the Law must recognize and respect another’s freedom not to do the same.
Re: The Law Was Nailed With Christ, Why Hold On To Some? by DrummaBoy(m): 5:45pm On May 25, 2013
^@brasilpluz
A hundred likes for the above quote... this is equally my position: LIBERTY

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Exercise Your God-given Authority Over Devils / If Adam And Eve Were The First Humans,this Would Happen / Stephen Hawking: "There Is No God. There Is No Afterlife."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.